Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

petit choux posted:

You goons made me buy these:

... for my wife, mostly. She probably has some of them already though. I think the Klezmatics is for me though. Seven bucks.

Tigerlily is one of my fav albums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

phosdex posted:

Yeah, well it turns out she already had Tigerlily, as well as most of the Melissa Etheridge. I was looking at the Enya and the Yanni in the context of our discussion earlier today, and the collections as stuff she doesn't have already. That one with the computer drawn on it may not be familiar to you but it has Giorgio Moroder on it, for one thing, I think it was one of his big hits back then. And I guess the Rick Astley more for myself. I consider him to be outstanding in the general direction of upbeat, positive-minded stuff you'd take home to your mother kind of music. Music for working at a Target type stuff. No, just kidding, I like him.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

You guys really sent me on a nostalgia trip today.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Turbinosamente posted:

God I must be that little bit too young because I don't remember Pure Moods at all but I remember seeing a whole shitton of Time Life sets advertised. Then again I was a woefully unobservant kid.

Maybe you were one of those freaks who actually went outside.

Who can say where the road goes?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I never actually saw this commercial and it’s so bad you’d think it’s fake but actually exists

https://youtu.be/dJoo7Tgjr8U

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Schremp Howard posted:

I never actually saw this commercial and it’s so bad you’d think it’s fake but actually exists

https://youtu.be/dJoo7Tgjr8U

This took away my will to live.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

CaptainBeefart posted:

Hope I'm not too late for Pure Moods chat. Skeleton Dust Records is/was selling the cd with a locally made pin for $15 and I figured why not grab it. Got it mostly for nostalgia but there are some decent tracks on here too.

You might say this is a return to innocence

(In all seriousness this owns)

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Shameless plug: if you’re a member of the Needles & Grooves vinyl collectors forum I’m currently running this month’s album of the month guess thread. Post a guess (in that thread) to be entered for a chance to win a copy of the album. Does it suck? Only one way to find out!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Ballz posted:

Shameless plug: if you’re a member of the Needles & Grooves vinyl collectors forum I’m currently running this month’s album of the month guess thread. Post a guess (in that thread) to be entered for a chance to win a copy of the album. Does it suck? Only one way to find out!

What’s the clue? Is it the picture?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

BigFactory posted:

What’s the clue? Is it the picture?

No you gotta read the thread. I’ve been dropping a new hint every day, starting with the Herbie Hancock YouTube video. It’s still early in the month so nobody has come close to guessing it.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

phosdex posted:

There is a MoFi release of that which sounds absolutely spectacular. I definitely wouldn't pay the discogs price, MoFi release copies here and there on their website for $50.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Gilbert Gabriel was a regular customer in a shop I used to work in in the early 00s, he had to (unprompted I might add) explain all about his 80s band and one hit and wasn’t the slightest bit embarrassed that none of us had heard of either of them. He also had the kind of bad breath where you find yourself bobbing and weaving your head and twisting your body like a boxer to stay out of its path. Thanks for checking out my dream academy story

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Barry posted:

There is a MoFi release of that which sounds absolutely spectacular. I definitely wouldn't pay the discogs price, MoFi release copies here and there on their website for $50.

I have that. Paid discogs price too. :mad:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Banano posted:

Gilbert Gabriel was a regular customer in a shop I used to work in in the early 00s, he had to (unprompted I might add) explain all about his 80s band and one hit and wasn’t the slightest bit embarrassed that none of us had heard of either of them. He also had the kind of bad breath where you find yourself bobbing and weaving your head and twisting your body like a boxer to stay out of its path. Thanks for checking out my dream academy story

Thank you for sharing your The Dream Academy story it was colourful

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

found an exceptional promo copy of the Batman soundtrack over the weekend.

beeker
Dec 17, 2006

meep meep!
now do we file that under soundtracks or Prince?

BAT DANCE

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Vicki Vale

V-V-Vicki Vale

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

dorium posted:

I have one of these too! Still has the PROMO COPY ONLY sticker on it, haha.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

dorium posted:

I've been trying to find that for a while and no one seems to have it. Good find.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I won a 7" Bat Dance single at a county fair when I was like 12. No idea whatever happened to that, but I just checked Discogs and could replace it for $0.69. Nice.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

"Trust" loving rips. :rock:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

And also Partyman, which isn't just a great song but it plays during the best scene in the movie.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I found the Partyman and Batdance 12” singles at a record store in roughly 2013, 2014. Both in perfect condition, paid maybe $5 each. But I also paid $50 for an original CD copy of The Gold Experience so I’m still a sucker forever.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I got my Batdance single at a thrift store like 10 years ago or something. It's extremely scratched up and sometimes it skips and repeats the "Vicki VALE" sample over and over.

So what I'm saying is that it's extremely good

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

dorium posted:

Gorgeous!!! And responding to another poster - if the soundtrack is mostly by an already established artist, I think you file it under them. So Batman would be included in your “Prince” section.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

CPL593H posted:

I've been trying to find that for a while and no one seems to have it. Good find.

likewise. its been sitting on my mental wishlist for years, but only ever saw super beat copies or the singles. finding this one at a shop that I had trade-in credit with was a bonus.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Gorgeous!!! And responding to another poster - if the soundtrack is mostly by an already established artist, I think you file it under them. So Batman would be included in your “Prince” section.

That’s obvious though. Batman is a prince album just like pat garrett & billy the kid and together through life are bob dylan albums, sling blade is a Daniel lanois album, selmasongs is a bjork album. They just happen to also be movie soundtracks

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Most of those songs aren't in the movie. Basically what happened is they asked Prince if he was interested in doing a song for the movie and he was like "Yeah!" and then without anyone asking he went home and made an entire album and then came back and was like "Okay here you go.". No one knew or expected he was going to make a whole LP.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah that sounds like Prince

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

She's The One is in my Tom Petty section, also I've listened to that soundtrack hundreds of times across 3 formats and have never seen the movie.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I love that Prince created his own ‘Gemini’ character for the album who was half Batman/half Joker, and seemingly nobody thought to tell him that Two Face already existed. Or maybe he just didn’t care.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Creature posted:

I love that Prince created his own ‘Gemini’ character for the album who was half Batman/half Joker, and seemingly nobody thought to tell him that Two Face already existed. Or maybe he just didn’t care.

"She's just a crazy, crazy, crazy
Little mixed up dame.
She's just a victim of society
And all it's games."
Now where I come from
We don't let society
Tell us how it's supposed to be"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiuSRQHLv88

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Prince rules.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Well I'm partying like it's 1999 again, so yeah.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Another Goodwill run, here's some weird old poo poo!

Some creepy Jesus poo poo from 1977

1975...I hope Cody doesn't haunt me.

First one is from the 50s, second one is from 1973.

7 inchers: America (1982) and Kim Carnes (1983)

Some cheesy old German crooners (1966, 1962, 1969)

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Lol Cody is a place.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
So it is, named after Buffalo Bill, even! Well, I hope HE doesn't haunt me. :colbert:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cody,_Wyoming

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

This is actually fake news from 2016.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Read After Burning posted:

Another Goodwill run, here's some weird old poo poo!

Some creepy Jesus poo poo from 1977

1975...I hope Cody doesn't haunt me.

First one is from the 50s, second one is from 1973.

7 inchers: America (1982) and Kim Carnes (1983)

Some cheesy old German crooners (1966, 1962, 1969)

I'll take the 1977 stuff if you need to get rid of it.

Toe Rag posted:

This is actually fake news from 2016.

You collect albums long enough you also will fall out of time. Prince rules now and forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
I've been on the hunt for the two Beady Eye albums for a while now, but they tend to fetch a hefty price on vinyl.

But, I stumbled across the first album fully signed by the band, at a price not too much more than an unsigned copy.

Needless to say I grabbed it.