Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
https://twitter.com/TheAngryEpi/status/1423671970969751553?s=19

yup, that's the strategy this wave. rack up as many bodies as possible to crank up fear so people get vaccinated

when we could be shipping every drat household KN95s and instructions on how to get a vaccine and why it's important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Georgia isn't more than a few days behind Florida. poo poo is real bad here, especially in the south and rural west.

Haven't heard much in North GA yet besides a little blurb about "cases on the rise" in the little weekly paper but lol I stopped by the Wal-Mart to see if I could slip in with my respirator for a couple things and it was absolutely packed and I only saw like 3 masks (I did not go in lol)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wasnt the USA a member of the Wuhan lab

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Thoguh posted:

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1423668674960019456?s=19

Wear a mask around the unvaccinated kid you loving creep.

lol coool coool cool this is an image that's gonna haunt me for a long time jesus loving christ

whatever happened to that buddy holly meme guy >.>

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Jon Irenicus posted:

phew. everyone in the doctors office has a mask on.

Lol that this is a thing we have to worry about. Doctor I saw Wednesday was unmasked as was his front desk staff (the nurse was wearing a surgical mask with a visibly lovely seal and pulled it down to talk to someone in the lobby)

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Louisgod posted:

it owns waking up every morning going to my computer to work and instead doomscrolling this thread all day while I get nothing done
*wake up
*check thread
*go to work
*dip in and out of office
*work and post from car
*continue previous 2 steps until it's time to go home

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

wasnt the USA a member of the Wuhan lab

the NIH under Fauci was funding gain-of-function research in Wuhan via the EcoHealth Alliance, so it's a little bit more than 'was a member of'

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Thoguh posted:

:chloe:

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

are people getting angry yet

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
koch funded economists like

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

brugroffil posted:

"treat unvaccinated children the same as vaccinated grandmas!"

*childrens hospitals begin filling up*

"having accomplished all of my goals as pro-COVID economist in one year, there was no need for a second."

lmao I forgot that was very specifically what she said to do this spring

also this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-omGAxupY1aCc-XmFTe5MEWPOpmT92fM/view?usp=sharing

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
For your down low booster shot I recommend using a plausible name instead of a funny one for forum clout imo

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Joementum posted:

koch funded economists like

see I was originally going to go with this simpsons reference, but she actively made things worse and COVID is still running wild

Nemoy was at least simply an irrelevant bystander

unless he was a lyle lanley plant all along :thunk:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Tzen posted:

*wake up
*check thread
*go to work
*work and post from car

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

turd in my singlet posted:

Haven't heard much in North GA yet besides a little blurb about "cases on the rise" in the little weekly paper but lol I stopped by the Wal-Mart to see if I could slip in with my respirator for a couple things and it was absolutely packed and I only saw like 3 masks (I did not go in lol)

Atlanta is doing decent, maskwise, but schools are all reaffirming that masks are optional and several of my friends have already had their kid's classes sent home because of confirmed covid. School started 4 days ago.

In a couple weeks Georgia's hospitals are going to be full and turning people away again and the state gov is not going to change course at all.

edit: just checked, georgia is now at 82% icu usage, so it's hosed. I am certain that the icu's in the area bordering florida are already overwhelmed

Pead has issued a correction as of 17:05 on Aug 6, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

tenderjerk posted:

For your down low booster shot I recommend using a plausible name instead of a funny one for forum clout imo

They get paid either way so why would they press

why would anyone administering vaccines even care knowing that they're as likely to be throwing them away

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Tzen posted:

*wake up
*check thread
*go to work
*work and post from car

Neolib why you babysittin' only two or three shots?
I'ma show you how to turn it up a notch
First you get a swimming pool full of Pfizer, then you dive in it
Pool full of Pfizer, then you dive in it

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Brrrmph posted:

WE Fest is happening in Minnesota this weekend. 20,000 people.

https://twitter.com/wefestmn/status/1423501582579163142?s=21

the Minnesota North SARS

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Casey Finnigan posted:

"hey you should push your kids in front of this train. push em in front, they'll be fine. put your kids on the train tracks in front of this slowly moving train. come on, do it."

*the kid closest to the train starts getting crushed*

"I've made a conscious choice to be less involved in this policy discussion going forward."

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Thoguh posted:

oh my god

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
Yo do we have a conclusive answer on what Tom Brady thinks of the vaccine yet??? Like there's millions of us out here waiting to make our decision based on what he says and all the stupid media wants to do is talk about dead grandmas and sick children

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Impkins Patootie posted:

Only about the thought that someone might consider mandating masks

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
we are pretty screwed if houston is airlifting kids to other hospitals because theirs are full
https://abc7ny.com/baby-with-covid-treated-at-hospital-150-miles-away-cases-us-pediatric-capacity/10934562/

quote:

11-month-old with COVID sent to hospital 150 miles away due to lack of bed space in Houston

HOUSTON -- In a sign that the delta variant is affecting more children on a daily basis, an 11-month-old Texas girl had to be airlifted to a hospital 150 miles away because no local pediatric hospitals would accept her as a transfer patient.

"She needed to be intubated immediately because she was having seizures," said Patricia Darnauer, the administrator for Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital in Houston. "We looked at all five major pediatric hospital groups, and none [had beds] available."

The situation is sad but not surprising for Dr. Christina Propst, who is one of the most outspoken pediatricians in Houston. Ever since the COVID-19 pandemic began, Propst has encouraged masking, social distancing and being cautious to anyone who would listen.

"The emergency rooms at the major children's hospitals here in Houston, the largest medical center in the world, are extremely crowded," she said. "They are filling, if not full, as are the hospitals and intensive care units."

:(

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DrTedros/status/1423389584784830464

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

mod sassinator posted:

we are pretty screwed if houston is airlifting kids to other hospitals because theirs are full
https://abc7ny.com/baby-with-covid-treated-at-hospital-150-miles-away-cases-us-pediatric-capacity/10934562/

:(

worse, the poor kid has to be in Temple

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
biden is going to use the national guard to airlift kids and adults to hospitals around the country using blackhawks and chinook helicopters

don't worry kiddo, president biden will get you a hospital bed Just-In-Time... hold out a little longer!!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Remember when everyone was turning convention centers into field hospitals last year, then dismantled them a month later?

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

fosborb posted:

https://twitter.com/TheAngryEpi/status/1423671970969751553?s=19

yup, that's the strategy this wave. rack up as many bodies as possible to crank up fear so people get vaccinated

when we could be shipping every drat household KN95s and instructions on how to get a vaccine and why it's important

Yeah providing high filtration masks and at home testing kits would have been a great way for Biden to kick off his more serious covid response. Oh well. I guess Trump was actually handling things optimally and Biden could only continue his strategy of doing gently caress all and letting local entities scramble around ineffectively.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Fireside Nut posted:

lol

yeah i had to have a pest control person out recently and he found out i work in healthcare IT and had some STRONG thoughts on the vaccines he wouldn't stop sharing. you know, his wife does medical coding and she has seen so many people have issues with the vaccines that aren't being reported... lmao

he sent me a link to the Stew Peters show about a woman who supposedly had guillain barre after the vaccine (which could have been true but obviously it's extremely rare). Wtf. Being a cspam regular for years i'm pretty well versed in the d-list right wing media people but i had never heard of stew peters. everything is so goddamn stupid

you should have told that piece of poo poo to get the gently caress off your property but instead you let him do his thing and then paid him for it and posted

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

why do they loving care so much about the origin? like, do they just want a reason to go to loving war with china or something?

As a long hauler(7 months in), I'd like to know where the virus came from if it increases any possibility of scientists coming up with treatments or a cure. It loving pisses me off how the virus's origins became so political... if it weren't for Trump, I doubt it ever would've became political, at least on the level he made it. When Trump went around calling it the China virus to deflect from his own massive failures of handling the pandemic and his chudbrain surrogates starting fomenting racism and bioweapon conspiracy theories, the subject became completely toxic. I guess it shouldn't be surprising, this is the same guy that refused to ever wear a mask in public and is largely responsible for making masks the dumbest loving culture war ever.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Iron Crowned posted:

Remember when everyone was turning convention centers into field hospitals last year, then dismantled them a month later?

now those convention centers are packed with events in person and will refuse to do it again lol

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Iron Crowned posted:

They're holding conventions in the convention centers now so they'll need to set up the field hospitals elsewhere

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
covid era kitty pro-tip: get a cat with allergies similar to yours so that when you wake up feeling all lovely, you can look at the cat's watery/gunky eyes and breath a sign of relief that it must be a high-pollen day

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

ram dass in hell posted:

Neolib why you babysittin' only two or three shots?
I'ma show you how to turn it up a notch
First you get a swimming pool full of Pfizer, then you dive in it
Pool full of Pfizer, then you dive in it

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Impkins Patootie posted:

Yes super angry they really want to open er up

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Nodelphi posted:

Oh we’re also going broke so we’re appointing a reviewer to deny admissions for anyone who only meets observation criteria.

This is hilarious because insurance companies have made a lot of stupid poo poo observation criteria that really shouldn’t be, like appendicitis. :(

what the actual gently caress

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

the Minnesota North SARS

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
remember the start of the pandemic in the US when people actually stayed home and streets were empty? that was cool we should do that again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Forseti posted:

covid era kitty pro-tip: get a cat with allergies similar to yours so that when you wake up feeling all lovely, you can look at the cat's watery/gunky eyes and breath a sign of relief that it must be a high-pollen day

Got some bad news: Cats can catch COVID too.