Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gonzo McFee posted:

WWE runs a wrestling themed crossfit gym

Crossfit and WWE are both cults, checks out :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Also did Vince really go down and visit the PC just to decide who to cut? lol weren't reports saying it was a feel-good time or whatever

I bet he and Nick were feeling good about it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

StarkRavingMad posted:

Vince, sitting in his office with Adam Cole: “Here’s a contract. If you don’t sign it in five minutes we fire someone. Then another. Then another. Their blood is on your hands…â€

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I think in 20 years we will look back at Tony Khan as a total monster for deciding to enter the wrestling business and taking a number of anti competitive actions such as counter programming NXT to its demise, and consequently being responsible for WWE needing to layoff dozens of workers. The wrestling industry is noticeably more dire ever since that guy showed up

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

There was also that story Aubrey Edwards told about first meeting Tay Conti in NXT, they hated each other, then much later they both left NXT and realized it was just that everyone hates each other in NXT

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

Aaliyah's been there 7 years

She made it to Raw!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

She made it to Raw!

Has she actually appeared on the show yet?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Technicalities.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
is there a good wwe podcast thats like everything elite?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Fightful Select:

quote:

Fightful learned that a couple of hours before Smackdown, Cole was taken directly to Vince McMahon's office, in something that was said to have appeared a "high priority" to McMahon himself. Those high up in WWE said that they heard the meeting went well, and Vince McMahon seemed to have taken a liking to Adam Cole on a personal level.

People backstage at Smackdown said that Cole was not around during the show. WWE had originally hoped to bring Cole in the Friday before to Smackdown in Minnesota, but switched it to the following week in Tampa for logistical reasons.

Fightful has been informed there have been pitches for Cole on both Raw and Smackdown over the last week if he were to re-sign, with WWE sources telling us that it was communicated to Cole that he is wanted on the main roster.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Triple H standing outside Cole and Britt's apartment holding up a boombox playing Peter Gabriel.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

StarkRavingMad posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1423858214416830465

how the hell do you run a champ superhero gimmick and not have merch for it

lol how do u not have merch for someone like her

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Grant DaNasty posted:

Fightful Select:

“As you can see Alex, a lot of your friends will be looking for jobs right now, and if you sign with AEW they’ll be that much less likely to get hired ”

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

Fightful has been informed there have been pitches for Cole on both Raw and Smackdown over the last week if he were to re-sign, with WWE sources telling us that it was communicated to Cole that he is wanted on the main roster.

Vince: We got a great gimmick for you, pal. A great gimmick! What do you think of the name Shorty C?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Grant DaNasty posted:

Fightful Select:

Jesus, DON'T FALL FOR IT

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I'm glad William Regal is there for Triple H.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

yeah the idea that they would ruin nxt by trying to make it compete with aew sure does seem to have been proven correct

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol it's the same poo poo every time - Vince takes someone into his office that is about to leave and does the Vince cult mind trick on them, they sign and aren't used in any good way for the next five years. Just happy to be there.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Grant DaNasty posted:

Fightful Select:

Lol.

Have you guys ever put in a 2 weeks notice and the boss hastily brings up a substantial pay raise and maybe even a bonus if you stay

And it turns out he just needed to get his employee retention ratio decent for that quarter and he cuts you as soon as his own reviews are done, so now you don't have a job and you don't have another one lined up. So everyone advises you to leave and don't take the raise

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Vince: We want you on the main roster, pal!

Cole: I've literally spent years avoiding that.

Vince: Well I got nothin

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

lol how do u not have merch for someone like her

Because the gimmick is poo poo and nobody anywhere likes it enough to want a T-shirt. Even kids aren’t that stupid.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, so many people are so easily manipulated when the boss gives you five minutes of attention

Higher ups know thats all it takes, too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hard to feel bad for the people still able to be tricked by these idiots tbh

It’s never been easier or quicker to find out how this story goes (and from ex-talent who’ve experienced or seen it) time and again

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

It’s never been easier or quicker to find out how this story goes (and from ex-talent who’ve experienced or seen it) time and again

"But it wont happen to me" the lamb says, already halfway inside the wolf's mouth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol it's the same poo poo every time - Vince takes someone into his office that is about to leave and does the Vince cult mind trick on them, they sign and aren't used in any good way for the next five years. Just happy to be there.

In a way it's amazing Moxley was so pissed at Vince that it didn't work on him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sir Tonk posted:

yeah the idea that they would ruin nxt by trying to make it compete with aew sure does seem to have been proven correct

What's so frustrating (fustrating) is that if they hadn't changed anything from the pre-AEW days, the show would still be good and viable AEW competition.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

JUNGLE BOY posted:

As you can see Alex, a lot of your friends will be looking for jobs right now, and if you sign with AEW theyll be that much less likely to get hired

yeah im sure the guy married to britt baker is worried about that lol

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Even if you just want the money and it's the biggest money your 100% a fool to sign unless it's a guarantee or no cut contract

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maybe Adam Cole's innate goodness melted Vince's heart

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Well I mean they only need four. Two for each brand to wrestle each other ad nauseum, so five would be a luxury really.

what about the tag titles

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Codependent Poster posted:

Maybe Adam Cole's innate goodness melted Vince's heart

Karrion Kross is already being jobbed out on the main roster and he still jas the belt AND has the look Vince wants.

Adam Cole is only 6 foot tall when he orders his foot longs.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

We need someone like John Taffer to come in and Bar Rescue this dang company...

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Grant DaNasty posted:

This feels like a threat more than anything lol

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
hopefully adam cole negotiated a royal rumble win into his new contract

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blaise330 posted:

hopefully adam cole negotiated a royal rumble win into his new contract

Can’t wait for cole to punch aj styles in the dick for two months

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really doubt Cole's that stupid.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't think he's stupid, I think he's entirely too naive and nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/BensonRichardE/status/1424049017655341061