Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The bakugo discourse is easily the most tedious discourse in this thread, and I'd rather you all nip it in the bud now instead of attacking each other over your views on this fictional teenage angry boy for the 212th time. Talk about anything else besides how bakugo is unbelievable/unlikeable/irredeemable, please, I'm begging you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Adder Moray posted:

The funny thing about this is that half these people are fans of Vegeta.

The solution is that Bakugo must die and then be brought back to life by a wish-granting quirk, twice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gruckles posted:

The solution is that Bakugo must die and then be brought back to life by a wish-granting quirk, twice.

I think he's already been that far if you count non-canon stuff too.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I can't believe some guy with most of their posts in this thread being about how Bakugo sucks still hates Bakugo after this latest chapter!! It doesn't make any sense.......

yeh i dont post much in this thread thats true

its a nice scene and stuff but i don't think the story has earned or sold it. and to impatom im glad you became friends with your bullies after personal stuff. it just rings hollow given the past 425 chapters or whatever of the manga.

also lol forever at the salty vegeta comment

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

so much salt

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

TheKingofSprings posted:

Bullies can grow up and mature and the damage they deal in that process lasts forever

In conclusion launch Bakugo into orbit

Hot take: Deku constantly forcing his friends and loved ones to watch him every time he breaks his bones is a form emotionally bullying and he also owes Bakugo (and others) an apology

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gruckles posted:

Dear god in heaven give me Katsuki doing the bingo dance.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TheHan posted:

I was so certain Bakugou would just beat Deku into paste, but using this moment to have him give a proper human apology and handle the situation gently was exactly what his character needed. It's rare to get moments like that in shonen.

Yeah I think it’s really fitting that Bakugo stops Deku with words instead of violence. Shows how he has grown.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I mean you can blame it on that but Arist is also a noted Not Bakugo Likerand was at least willing to acknowledge the apology was genuine and logically placed, even if they still don't like the character.

Ngl reading this chapter I was a little excited to see the mental gymnastics posters itt committed to dying on this hill would jump through to not be satisfied and I'm happy at least one delivered

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Nah, Bakugo bad

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias posted:

The bakugo discourse is easily the most tedious discourse in this thread, and I'd rather you all nip it in the bud now instead of attacking each other over your views on this fictional teenage angry boy for the 212th time. Talk about anything else besides how bakugo is unbelievable/unlikeable/irredeemable, please, I'm begging you all.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I'm curious how exactly the UA defense systems are supposed to be good enough to stop a guy who can disintegrate several miles just by touching the ground. It's being talked up like it's somehow super reliable even though he already dusted the gate like it was nothing. Does UA float now or something?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nephthys posted:

I'm curious how exactly the UA defense systems are supposed to be good enough to stop a guy who can disintegrate several miles just by touching the ground. It's being talked up like it's somehow super reliable even though he already dusted the gate like it was nothing. Does UA float now or something?

I imagine they have a lot of different measures in place. Honestly a good strong force field might be enough to stop the destruction powers. They could have someone who can turn an area intangible or teleport the entire place somewhere else or who knows. There's probably a lot of 'non-combat' Quirks that are absurdly useful for protecting specific locations but you don't get to see often.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
As a reminder the last time we saw All Might, Stain was right around the corner. Now, I'm assuming that he hasn't gotten killed because that would render the last few chapters of Chill The Hell Out Deku completely null and void. So my prediction is that they're just going to walk in while Stain is walking out with an autograph or something.

I am not concerned. Everything is fine.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Agaragon posted:

As a reminder the last time we saw All Might, Stain was right around the corner. Now, I'm assuming that he hasn't gotten killed because that would render the last few chapters of Chill The Hell Out Deku completely null and void. So my prediction is that they're just going to walk in while Stain is walking out with an autograph or something.

Now I’m really hoping that there’s a flashback to Stain watching All Might from the corner, and the next scene is just him going up to him all like “Hey ummm, I’m a big fan, can you sign my sword? 🥺”

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Agaragon posted:

Stain would never kill All Might. In fact, Stain’s a good guy now that All Might has been able to give him a good talking to

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Nephthys posted:

That mother fucker flies, I guarantee you.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Adder Moray posted:

That mother fucker flies, I guarantee you.

It's gonna be like the gardens in FFVIII and it's been designed to fly away from the beginning.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Julias posted:

You're absolutely right.

Let's talk about Dabi Endeavor Mineta how Stain was right.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Mineta is still bi, it’s just not currently relevant.

And yeah, that school’s a helicarrier.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Will it turn into a mech to fight giant villains?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ramadu posted:

yeh i dont post much in this thread thats true

its a nice scene and stuff but i don't think the story has earned or sold it. and to impatom im glad you became friends with your bullies after personal stuff. it just rings hollow given the past 425 chapters or whatever of the manga.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You're kind of dumb.

RE: School Defenses I hope it's less boring comic references like helicarrier or the like and more fun references like it turns out the school is a living thing like Danny The Street

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I gave you all a great discussion topic right here and it went ignored smdh

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

I have to wait for all of Horikoshi's twitter art about her before I nail down my emotions.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Agreed.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

RE: School Defenses I hope it's less boring comic references like helicarrier or the like and more fun references like it turns out the school is a living thing like Danny The Street

It's gonna be like Fortress Lad and be made outta some poor guy whose quirk is just Building.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheHan posted:

It's gonna be like Fortress Lad and be made outta some poor guy whose quirk is just Building.

I dunno, maybe he enjoys being a building. Seems like easy work at least.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

I have to wait for all of Horikoshi's twitter art about her before I nail down my emotions.

She gets the Mirko treatment, but all of the outfits are over her space suit.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

13 being a woman was surprising to me, guess that she hasn’t had time to fix her helmet

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

I had the same reaction reading the chapter so good job posting it immediately.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Carlosologist posted:

13 being a woman was surprising to me, guess that she hasn’t had time to fix her helmet

I thought she was in her 50s-60’s for some reason.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

bobjr posted:

I thought she was in her 50s-60’s for some reason.

I thought she was just a black hole in a space suit but I guess not.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 7, 2021

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

serious gaylord posted:

Same. Thought of her basically as less stable Kurogiri, with black hole instead of portal.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Carlosologist posted:

13 had a female voice in the dub, at least, so I'm not terribly surprised. That said

serious gaylord posted:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A black hole in a suit means that she couldn't be drawn in a sexy Christmas outfit and we know that is forbidden for any lady MHA character.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

13 had a female voice in the dub, at least, so I'm not terribly surprised. That said

I always thought that was an effect of her helmet, like a voice modulator or something

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Yeah I was not expecting 13 to look human.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

A black hole in a suit means that she couldn't be drawn in a sexy Christmas outfit and we know that is forbidden for any lady MHA character.

People have humanized the earth, moon, sun, black holes, and the mars rovers, so I don't think her not being human would've stopped the artists

Besides, they can get cute with it and give her a santa-patterned spacesuit instead of yet another copy-paste of a character's head onto the only sexy santa dress design in existence

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Isn’t 13 supposed to be non-binary?

EDIT: Apparently she was confirmed to be a woman in a databook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I'm pretty sure we very recently had sexy black hole waifu as an internet phenomenon.

Edit: Oh god it was in 2019, it's been 2 years time is slipping away far too fast.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 8, 2021