Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

BodyMassageMachine posted:

“I’m sorry, I love you…” was really well received at the time, right? Because it certainly reads as overtheatrical in hindsight. Doubly-so after The Young Bucks’ tongue-in-cheek version on SCU a few months back.

Feels like it's one of those things that worked the one time in 2008 and just is ridiculously corny in 2020 or whenever One Final Beat happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I am shocked how much I forgot about the pandemic era. I remember Mega Ninja and Broken Matt teleporting in front of 2 Jericho jpgs but I totally forgot the Keith Lee fireball and the One Final Beat hand touch

Oh god I just remembered the Velveteen vs Adam Cole parking lot brawl and Edge vs Orton.... no not that one, the first one.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The cool thing about Bret and Shawn is that you can like both, as I, the brain genius, do.

Bret is better tho

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Blaise330 posted:

I am shocked how much I forgot about the pandemic era. I remember Mega Ninja and Broken Matt teleporting in front of 2 Jericho jpgs but I totally forgot the Keith Lee fireball and the One Final Beat hand touch

Oh god I just remembered the Velveteen vs Adam Cole parking lot brawl and Edge vs Orton.... no not that one, the first one.

Remember that time they had their weekly Legends Night on Raw early into the pandemic, and had Stone Cold come out and do his whole "Gimme a Hell Yeah" gimmick to a room full of empty chairs, complete with camera cuts to the empty chairs just to make it that much sadder?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofiuswHu-bA

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

So where are we at with Gargano/Ciampa I? Take at the time was that it was the best match WWE had ever done, but it definitely has some of those overcooked, super-scripted moments that would later torpedo the feud (and Gargano/Cole...and Cole/KOR...)

For my money, Gargano/Andrade was always the better match because it wasn't layers of callbacks and images on top of each other, it was just two high workrate dudes killing each other. A better match.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 44 minutes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDNoeh6qQhY

wwe youtube just uploaded

the silence has been broken

the privacy has been respected

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

So where are we at with Gargano/Ciampa I? Take at the time was that it was the best match WWE had ever done, but it definitely has some of those overcooked, super-scripted moments that would later torpedo the feud (and Gargano/Cole...and Cole/KOR...)

I still love the first one even if it did have some over the top dramatics. I thought at the time that was the blowoff so that kind of stuff made sense at the end of it. Then it went on for another year and a half

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Which means they'll probably fire him within 24 hours cause that seems to always happen with WWE social media

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

For my money, Gargano/Andrade was always the better match because it wasn't layers of callbacks and images on top of each other, it was just two high workrate dudes killing each other. A better match.

yeah, I really liked G/C 1 when I saw it live, but on repeated viewings, I cooled off on it a lot. Think I said at the time that Gargano/Andrade was better, and that G/C 1 wasn't even the best match that night (which I still believe, holy poo poo they put on the absolute greatest multi-man ladder match of all time that night), but that it was a really solid match, and if they just go straight to Gargano/Ciampa/Black at the next Takeover then we'll be fiwhat do you mean they're stretching the feud out for the next year

e: for the record, I think the greatest WWE match of all time is Bret/Austin at WM13, but that's by the by

Venomous fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 9, 2021

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Having just watched the ending to One Final Beat when it was posted earlier plus all this talk of Shawn putting over-the-top melodramatics in his matches got me wondering -- when did Shawn start coaching/producing NXT? Was he the reason that feud went way too over the top / up its own rear end?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ganso Bomb posted:

Thinking about all of this stuff together, it makes FTR's Hart Foundation vs The Young Bucks' Rockers even more interesting to me. Everyone always makes the Arn/Tully comparison for FTR and it makes sense, but knowing how much they love Bret and have kind of adapted that sort of style and moveset while the Bucks have adapted Michaels/Rockers aesthetics adds a fun layer to their rivalry.

Who is Demolition in this scenario?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Chaos Project

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I still love the first one even if it did have some over the top dramatics. I thought at the time that was the blowoff so that kind of stuff made sense at the end of it. Then it went on for another year and a half

Gargano vs Ciampa was like that show Heroes. It kinda only needed 1 season.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

It would be really funny if he just posted a screenshot of the lyrics to this song in the Notes app and went "I think this should clear up any confusion anyone's had over the last few months"

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I do not respect this theme

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/randyorton/status/1424780999418908677?s=21

randers is back to save raw, rejoice

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Oh he's just back. I thought since they kept doing Riddle beatdown segments he'd return as a surprise to rescue Riddle and pop the crowd

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh man I can hardly contain my excitement

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I didn't even know he left. Must have been some other tattoo'd doofus flagellating himself.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Imagine the ratings if Cena and Orton were on the same show

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sticklefifer posted:

When they're healthy, Bear Country. They even come to the ring in weird masks!

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

randy orton is going to get hit with all 2 of omos's moves

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

coconono posted:

I didn't even know he left. Must have been some other tattoo'd doofus flagellating himself.

He goes by Malaki now

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Who will he send to AEW this time?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

wonder who he boots to AEW next

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wonder who he boots to AEW next

Great back to back posts.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Matt Riddle because their tag team's existed for like 2 months and that's far too long for Vince

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

since Keith Lee just got a new entrance music, I'm absolutely expecting him to get fired this week

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

wtf is up with keith lee's new theme

https://voca.ro/1m0VCYrbJXql

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Drakkel posted:

Matt Riddle because their tag team's existed for like 2 months and that's far too long for Vince

God no, keep him away from AEW.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Drakkel posted:

Was going to be my guess

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Was Orton injured or just on vacation?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

Everyone who was fired had to get a ceremonial punt before they could join AEW

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

excuse me, his full name is Accused Rapist Matt Riddle(...bro)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Randy is the Fiend now

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

they kept it quiet but it’s been a week-by-week thing

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

D.N. Nation posted:

edit: nvm

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/JakeAtlas_/status/1424774486046478342

weren't there rumors of him basically being a wwe plant on the indies? maybe plant isn't the right word, but like, a verbal acknowledgement that they'll bring him in eventually if he doesn't sign anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Randy could punt the small old guy AJ Styles