Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jason Momoa works for everyone. People love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's why they named the movie after his character

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/idriselba/status/1425174698007138305?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The last good movie before the pandemic will now have its sequel be the start of good movies back in theaters past the (first) pandemic.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

In a world where the early worm gets the bird..

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I saw Knuckles and I was like OK that's neat for Sonic fans but I'm not interested. Then I saw who tweeted it and now I'm interested.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Knucks gonna give it to ya, he gon' deliver it to ya!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Can't wait to see Daniel Day Lewis tackle the nuanced and complex role of Waddle Dee in the Kirby movie

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

They showed the Dune trailer before Suicide Squad when I went on Friday, and my 21 year old brother in law actually said after it's like they cast everyone that appeals to people his age.

Zendaya and Timothee Chalamet are huge with early 20s people right now.

You're just old, sorry. it's okay. Most of us are if we're here.

I'm a fair bit older than the Zendaya/Chalamet crowd but I'm hyped for any movie that has Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, and Javier Braden. The cast is ridiculous.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

feedmyleg posted:

Can't wait to see Daniel Day Lewis tackle the nuanced and complex role of Waddle Dee in the Kirby movie

What's that Kirby character who dies in the first game he appears in but then appears in later games because it turns out he's moving backwards in time? An actor like Daniel Day Lewis could probably do a lot with a character who is meeting his friends for the last time from his perspective and the first time from their perspective.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Joaquin Phoenix in Silver: a Hedgehog Story

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The last good movie before the pandemic will now have its sequel be the start of good movies back in theaters past the (first) pandemic.

The last good movie before the pandemic was Birds of Prey :colbert:

Sonic was much better than I was expecting, though.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I've said it before but I can't stress it enough, Sonic the Hedgehog was the best movie that 9-year-old me never got to see. I mean it's a Sonic the Hedgehog movie starring Jim Carrey as Robotnik.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Vegetable posted:

None of those actors are box offices draws.

Lol

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I'm hopefully never ever in my life going to see this movie but at the very least whoever they got to do this Doom poster knew the most important part is the guy/demon looking over his shoulder at you

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Gripweed posted:

What's that Kirby character who dies in the first game he appears in but then appears in later games because it turns out he's moving backwards in time? An actor like Daniel Day Lewis could probably do a lot with a character who is meeting his friends for the last time from his perspective and the first time from their perspective.

This movie came out this year.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Zendaya is Meechee for cryin' out loud!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This was just too good

https://twitter.com/JackeeHarry/status/1425273408091148290?s=20

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I’m sorry, dune is gonna tank bad

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DeimosRising posted:

If it does, it won't be because of a lack of star power. That is a crazy thing to say about a movie with that cast.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

DeimosRising posted:

Probably, yeah.
Not what I was laughing at though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dune is absolutely going to make like $200 total at the box office, if the Delta variant even allows it in theaters, but that's got nothing to do with the cast. It's because it's DUNE, the most influential sci fi book that no one has ever read.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm less sorry about your oldness now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

kiimo posted:

That's why they named the movie after his character

I appreciate this joke.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Vince MechMahon posted:

Dune is absolutely going to make like $200 total at the box office, if the Delta variant even allows it in theaters, but that's got nothing to do with the cast. It's because it's DUNE, the most influential sci fi book that no one has ever read.

No I'm sure it will do as well as A Princess Of Mars, Featuring John Carter.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dune should be ok. John Carter was bungled hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPWMlE5aFD8

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I remember when they removed Mars from the title pretty late in production because prior films with the word Mars in it had failed like Ghosts of Mars, Mission to Mars, and Mars Needs Moms.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

John Carter was a pretty good movie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, I remember really liking it. But i've only watched it once.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean a movies quality and it’s box office success realistically have very little to do with each other

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'll have you know that Avatar changed my life.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean a movies quality and it’s box office success realistically have very little to do with each other

Oh yeah absolutely. I think Dune will probably be good to great, but I don't think that's gonna matter. My dad is gonna LOVE it. He's the only person I know in real life who has ever read any of the books.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I read the first chapter and then just kinda forgot about it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I want it to be a smash success with many sequels just so they have to try to make God Emperor.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It will be just as successful as blade runner was.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

I've been excited about this one since they announced it in 2018, trailer dropped this week and it's on VOD in September. Finally some good news in 2021.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Where's Tails at? Where's the fox, Knuckles? Where's Tails? That's all I want to know. Where the gently caress is Tails? Huh? Knuckles? Knuckles! Look at me! LOOK AT ME! WHERE THE gently caress IS TAILS!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He’s in the post-credits.