Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

FrozenVent posted:

Sexiest man alive.

Stars in Sonic 2.

but Sonic was already in the first movie???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Arcella posted:

He should stick to weed then, because azithromycin is not adequate treatment for brucellosis.

Also you probably know this but a z pack for the flu is just to treat a (possible) coincidental bacterial infection on top of the flu infection. One bacteria, H. influenzae, is so named because people thought it was the agent that caused the flu

Yeah, I figured as much. Dude never dealt with it and didn't know enough about it. He's about 80 now, so he's never getting back into practice.

I looked into brucellosis a few years ago out of curiosity. It's interesting, and even growing up on a grain farm, with neighbors that kept livestock, I'd never heard of it. I was poking around at looking what could cause SI joint inflammation and brucellosis was among the possibilities. Never had lab work to determine if I crossed paths with it though.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Exactly 99min and in sync with the first movie so that if you play the two side-by-side, it's like knuckles was there the entire time.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, between this and the pseudo-gang culture of biker clubs that a lot of middle aged dads try to foster, its.....something to be sure. Seems like non-Harley bikers are less prone to this?

Every group of motorcyclists has it's dickheads. Plenty with the Japanese bike crowds, you got a few snobby dickheads with the UK and Italian bikes. I used to ride an Indian, and there were a few holier than thou dipshits there as well. But for the most part, they are all very inclusive and just like riding bikes.

But you will never, ever, find a higher concentration of loving fart huffing poo poo barons than harley riders. You'll have the few outliers who have some cool old harley that's been restored or done up or something interesting about it, and they get out there and ride around and have a good time. But your average Harley riders are out there for image. Fat old white guys playing Barbie. They wear all the harley gear, they put the loudest exhausts they can on there, and if it isn't harley then they are actively hostile to it. They are also the worst source of riding and bike advice that you've ever seen, which you can tell immediately by looking at the pristine front brake discs, and discolored, pitted rears. When in packs they actively try to intimidate car drivers, have an intense hatred of anyone who rides a Japanese bike, and make themselves a huge annoyance to everyone around them.

I thought that south park episode "the F word" about harley riders was a bit of an exaggeration, but if you've ever been down A1A on a sunny day, or any nice, low speed stretch of road with plenty of people, you will see a whole crowd of these nutsacks blocking the entire road, holding in their clutch and revving hard trying to make as much noise and get as much attention as possible. Then possibly stalling and laying down their bike, and being terrified of even the slightest corner.

Harley is the brand for people who want to advertise how tough they are, no really, we're tough, and totally aren't compensating for the small wang/divorce/estranged kids/being shunned for bigotry.

not caring here fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 10, 2021

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I am an Idris Elba fan through thick and thin

But probably not through a Sonic movie

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

He could probably just cash checks for the next decade before anyone notices, and you know what, good for him

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

SquirrelyPSU posted:

He could probably just cash checks for the next decade before anyone notices, and you know what, good for him

I can’t think of any casting choice I want more than for him to play Bond.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

You and me both. Gonna be pissed if Luther is the closest we ever get to it (close though as it may be)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 10, 2021

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You know what, I thought that was the actual name of the episode, but it's "the F word". I'll go change that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

https://twitter.com/rickyberwick/status/1425177192380739593?s=20

Also, did Cuomo actually say that?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

Performative Idris Elba fandom right here!!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
lolling at the thought of the Sopranos arguing about how to treat women "these days" and someone defensively yelling that poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CainFortea posted:

Performative Idris Elba fandom right here!!

Most of my fandom is performative since I don’t actually know any of the people I’m a fan of.

I turned my back on Bill Cosby really fast, for example but my drink stayed in my vision at all times.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/MikaelThalen/status/1425212056806977537?s=19

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
33/

Just start a blog, jfc

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

boop the snoot posted:

33/

Just start a blog, jfc

I know, right? gently caress Twitter threads.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

No you loving didnt....

i wouldnt have guessed that was his excuse because it was too pathetically obviously the lovely excuse and that it wold be laughed out of the news but APPARENTLY i just wasnt thinking stupid enough

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Very confused as those words are synonyms

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Stravag posted:

APPARENTLY i just wasnt thinking stupid enough

August future events: APPARENTLY i just wasnt thinking stupid enough

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Crab Dad posted:

We had a horrendous toilet clog on our ship and I was getting irritated as all hell that people kept making it worse. I didn’t realize the masterchief had put all users name in a hat and drew himself was a loving raging bull of an irritated man when he came into me finishing hauling out a massive wad of TP and poo poo by hand.

My eval was pretty good.

One of my father's NAMs was for, as an E6, climbing into a poo poo tank on an underway sub to find what was blocking them being able to vent it. They had tried and tried to pressure up the tank and blow out what they thought was a clog, but it never worked.

So the engineering section talked about what to do, he refused to order any of his men to go in there, so he volunteered. They gave him every bit of antibiotic they could, greased up his skin, gave him a cork for his rear end, put him in a chemsuit, taped the ankles and wrists around the gloves, and off he went. He found out what was blocking the valve.

It was a pretty nice watch, with a personalized engraving to an E-3 on board. I was dying to hear about how that went down, but he was in decon when the captain handled it, and the E-3 didn't work for him.

Part of the deal with him going in the tank was that he was authorized Hollywood showers for the remainder of the cruise, and he loved showing that off.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1425157799244443654

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
All is going well at Mike Lindell's Cybersecurity Symposium, based on the level of drugs that must be in Lindell's system

https://twitter.com/RayRedacted/status/1425187456316493824?s=20

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I have no idea if this is satire or not

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

boop the snoot posted:

I have no idea if this is satire or not

What does your heart tell you?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

GD_American posted:

a cork for his rear end,

That was a seabag item back then. :okboomer:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

GD_American posted:

It was a pretty nice watch, with a personalized engraving to an E-3 on board. I was dying to hear about how that went down, but he was in decon when the captain handled it, and the E-3 didn't work for him.

Part of the deal with him going in the tank was that he was authorized Hollywood showers for the remainder of the cruise, and he loved showing that off.

Would love to know what brand/model watch it was.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Please allow for a personal update - after badgering the gently caress out of the urologist and the hospital, I got in to have the kidney stones removed aaaaand no stones. The stent apparently made the room for them to pass, so they poked around, couldn't find anything, and I go for an ultrasound in a month.

Meanwhile, the local school boards and poo poo are pissed at the Republican deathcult governors and they appear to be winning it legally.

https://twitter.com/BudKennedy/status/1425233916500316162?s=19

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Tarrant County isn't a notable absence as that's bright red DFW area where the open/"Constitutional" carry felons are located

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I was working at Parkland as a resident when the Ebola outbreak hit Dallas (we all said of course it did) and boy I tell you those were some terrifying days. When they shut down the hospital up north and basically let the entire ER and ICU to go fallow for a month to hopefully kill any infected sources that was just insanity. Screening was very rigorous, and bodily fluids were a lot scarier than they have any right to be, but we never saw any real push from it. Thank god.

It always struck me that these viruses don’t work too well in industrialized countries with strong public health and contact tracing. They get people so sick so fast that there isn’t the best amount of time for it to spread unnoticed. It’s also a lot harder for it to enter the food/water supplies.

Weirdest thing about Ebola is that after infection it can still be found in semen for like 6 months to a year? And theoretically transmitted that way. Ebola is stored in the balls is an actual thing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

And in the boobs

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

If they cast Roger Moore once upon a time they can absolutely give it to Elba and I would be there for it.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Midjack posted:

If they cast Roger Moore once upon a time they can absolutely give it to Elba and I would be there for it.

Idris is 48, being Bond is a 15 year commitment. Let him enjoy his golden years.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Current event from the Eastern Europe thread, if you need something to brighten your day.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hannibal Rex posted:

Current event from the Eastern Europe thread, if you need something to brighten your day.

Yeah its good stuff. Posted it in the Infosec thread a day or so ago.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mr. Nice! posted:

poo poo like this is why I never really liked hanging around with bikers.

https://twitter.com/DonLew87/status/1425154737872252929

How do you gently caress up googling "Reichsadler" so hard when designing your :effort:-Nazimerch? :cripes:

/edit: i guess :effort: is the answer to that as well

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Deutschland is not okay
https://twitter.com/LucasOfSunshine/status/1425258116971745283?s=09

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Charger her with nine thousand counts of battery and ninety of counts of manslaughter.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Charger her with nine thousand counts of battery and ninety of counts of manslaughter.

If this was in America, and some poo poo head does this, and a guy contracts covid how do you file a lawsuit over that? Is it just aggrevated battery and you recoup for medical and emotional damages?

Edit: thinking about it how do you even catch people doing this if you don't need multiple people observering administration, storage, and transport of the vaccine. I mean the pharmacist who gave me shot two was the only one messing with the vaccine and prepping it. Could have been saline and w
no one would have seen them.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/reserved_word/status/1425172790274109447?s=21

“I got better”