Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Being in a dynasty league with idiots is trying my patience.

An owner just demanded Michael Gallup and a second round pick two swap places in the third round, a difference of 7 spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve found most owners have zero idea of player value which makes trading nearly impossible. Doubly so in a dynasty league.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah he offered me Joe Burrow and a second for Patrick Mahomes. A second is pennies when he's trading for it but the most valuable thing in the world when trading it away.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
My guys are worth several firsts because I drafted them and read every single news article about them for the last 800 days. Your guys aren't worth that much because I didn't spaz over them for years.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=79286&O=07&F=0002

We've got another opening in our IDP dynasty league. The team is linked above. Dues are $30.83 and we're looking to draft by the end of the month.

The team finished 7-6 last year which is a wildcard contender. Finished one game out of first in the division, so almost a playoff team.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740832&pagenumber=142#lastpost
Here is the forums thread.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I need to brag, I have the 8th pick in my ongoing superflex dynasty draft and so far I've secured

Trevor Lawrence
Elijah Moore
Nico Collins
Dyami Brown

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't know anything about any of these players. I'm not asking you to do my research for me, just holler out if you heard that any of these guys are having a good camp pretty please

Tylan Wallace
Anthony Schwartz
Rhamondre Stevenson
Tutu Atwell
Albert Wilson
Hunter Long
Dez Fitzpatrick
Ihmir Smith-Marsette
Simi Fehoko
Jaelon Darden
Chris Evans
Tommy Tremble
Larry Roundtree
Khalil Herbert
Seth Williams
Brevin Jordan
Kellen Mond
Kene Nwangwu
Davis Mills
Shi Smith
Javian Hwkins
Frank Darby
Tamorrion Terry
Jermar Jefferson
Dazz Newsome
Jacob Harris
Josh Imatorbhebhe
Pookah Williams Jr
Marquez Stevenson
Sage Surratt
Demetric Felton
Jonathan Adams
Racey McMath
Jaret Patterson
Ian Book
Tre McKitty

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

I don't know anything about any of these players. I'm not asking you to do my research for me, just holler out if you heard that any of these guys are having a good camp pretty please

Tylan Wallace
Anthony Schwartz
Rhamondre Stevenson
Tutu Atwell
Albert Wilson
Hunter Long
Dez Fitzpatrick
Ihmir Smith-Marsette
Simi Fehoko
Jaelon Darden
Chris Evans
Tommy Tremble
Larry Roundtree
Khalil Herbert
Seth Williams
Brevin Jordan
Kellen Mond
Kene Nwangwu
Davis Mills
Shi Smith
Javian Hwkins
Frank Darby
Tamorrion Terry
Jermar Jefferson
Dazz Newsome
Jacob Harris
Josh Imatorbhebhe
Pookah Williams Jr
Marquez Stevenson
Sage Surratt
Demetric Felton
Jonathan Adams
Racey McMath
Jaret Patterson
Ian Book
Tre McKitty
Tamorrion Terry is going to be out of the league because of a murder charge
Hunter Long is a 3rd round rookie that will probably be third TE in Miami this year but the two in front of him are on the last year of their contract so he could be starter by default next year depending on what Miami does.
Jacob Harris is a rookie TE that has been discussed in the thread, has apparently been getting special attention from Sean McVay, has great measurables, could end up TE2 on LAR and take over once Higbee is a cap casualty.
Anthony Schwartz good looking rookie WR buried on Cleveland's depth chart.
Tylan Wallace WR in BAL that dropped in draft due to injuries in college, could be really good in NFL but is in BAL behind a gaggle of mediocrity.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thank you!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=79286&O=07&F=0002

We've got another opening in our IDP dynasty league. The team is linked above. Dues are $30.83 and we're looking to draft by the end of the month.

The team finished 7-6 last year which is a wildcard contender. Finished one game out of first in the division, so almost a playoff team.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740832&pagenumber=142#lastpost
Here is the forums thread.

Just FYI, this team has pick 5 in the rookie draft. The roster has a decent amount of free cap space (our salary cap is $250), and the owner never traded picks so these are the full rookie picks:
Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.05
Year 2021 Draft Pick 2.05
Year 2021 Draft Pick 3.05
Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.08
Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.05
Year 2021 Draft Pick 6.08
Year 2021 Draft Pick 7.05
Year 2021 Draft Pick 8.08
We don't snake in round 2, basically. After our (slow) rookie draft we'll have a veteran/free agent auction just before the regular season starts. This is a good league! I know the rules document is long but don't worry about it most of the rules make sense and we'll talk you through anything weird. Basically, we have taxi squads and IR slots, do IDP, all free agents during the season are acquired via FAAB auction so you never have to camp the wire and try to grab suddenly-relevant free agents, and we're a reasonably fun bunch of goons that you'll get along with.

join us

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Snake rookie draft is heresy fyi

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

all snake drafts are stupid

more general and more correct!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have 1.03 and 1.05 in the rookie draft of my dynasty salary cap league. I found out the second pick is dropping Mike Evans to get him back at a cheaper salary. Do I take Chase at 1.03?

There’s not going to be any non-rookies worth that draft price.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

I have 1.03 and 1.05 in the rookie draft of my dynasty salary cap league. I found out the second pick is dropping Mike Evans to get him back at a cheaper salary. Do I take Chase at 1.03?

Clear top top two for me are Chase and Pitts.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Who is going at 1 and 2? Assuming Chase even falls to you, I'd take Evans over Chase pretty comfortably, and then roll the dice on pick 4 going RB or QB or Pitts and hope Chase gets to 5.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

sourdough posted:

Who is going at 1 and 2? Assuming Chase even falls to you, I'd take Evans over Chase pretty comfortably, and then roll the dice on pick 4 going RB or QB or Pitts and hope Chase gets to 5.

Consensus dynasty rankings have Chase higher. I get taking Evans, but I don't think it's as close as you think. But I think he's saying Evans is going with the second pick, so assuming Najee goes one, he's thinking Chase.

Depending on your lineup, I consider Pitts or Chase. I probably lean Chase, even though Pitts has the higher ceiling to me.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

But I think he's saying Evans is going with the second pick, so assuming Najee goes one, he's thinking Chase.

Oh I see that now. Yeah I go chase over Pitts, and though it doesn't matter here after all, also think Evans is silly underrated.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

So it’s not a rookie draft if you can pick vets?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So for simple office redraft leagues, what service do you guys typically use? We've been using ESPN for a while and I hate it, but sounds like most the popular alternatives (Yahoo, CBS) are maybe worse.

I've been poking around with Sleeper, but there's a part of me that wonders if it comes across as somehow unofficial/sketchy, heh.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

fsif posted:

So for simple office redraft leagues, what service do you guys typically use? We've been using ESPN for a while and I hate it, but sounds like most the popular alternatives (Yahoo, CBS) are maybe worse.

I've been poking around with Sleeper, but there's a part of me that wonders if it comes across as somehow unofficial/sketchy, heh.

Yahoo is way better than ESPN in my opinion, as is CBS. CBS always had the best interface to me, but I think you gotta pay for them.

Sleeper is nice and growing. Best part about them is they listen to feedback and I find their app very user friendly.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I honestly cant stand Sleeper. It runs like rear end on my android and the web app is purestrain garbage that is missing a good 3/4 of the tools you have on the phone app. I was unable to submit a waiver wire claim on the browser version so I had to try to do it on my phone and it took me like 15 minutes to get right. Meanwhile running the ESPN and Yahoo websites on my phone works just fine.

There is also some resource hogging "furrari" furry poo poo it wants you to pick to be your avatar or something; its completely obnoxious and there is no way that i can find to turn it off.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Sleeper is by far my favorite and the leagues that I commish are all on it. The browser version is missing some features (though these are added with regularity) but I'm doing FF from my phone 99% of the time anyway. I hate trying to deal with the other platforms on my phone as they are all clearly intended to be worked through a browser and their apps always feel like a garbagey afterthought. If I have to use one of the others I prefer ESPN. I completely abandoned Yahoo years ago.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

There is also some resource hogging "furrari" furry poo poo it wants you to pick to be your avatar or something; its completely obnoxious and there is no way that i can find to turn it off.
You can turn it off in your team settings. Also worth noting that Sleeper doesn't clog the user experience with advertisements and if this is the greatest evil on that front then, well, I'll take it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I feel like I've been trying to get used to Sleeper for a long time but I still struggle to find things and it still runs really slowly on my phone as well. It's got some great features and I like that the dev team genuinely cares about their platform, unlike ESPN that only removes features nowadays and never adds anything interesting. If it's a casual office league, ESPN by far has the lowest barrier to entry and I don't know that I would suggest Sleeper to coworkers.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

You can turn it off in your team settings. Also worth noting that Sleeper doesn't clog the user experience with advertisements and if this is the greatest evil on that front then, well, I'll take it.

Oh my god thank you!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Goons give me your dynasty PPR takes. My brain needs more opinions.

Ja'marr Chase
Najee Harris
Travis Etienne

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Do you need a running back or WR?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

Consensus dynasty rankings have Chase higher. I get taking Evans, but I don't think it's as close as you think. But I think he's saying Evans is going with the second pick, so assuming Najee goes one, he's thinking Chase.

Depending on your lineup, I consider Pitts or Chase. I probably lean Chase, even though Pitts has the higher ceiling to me.

Yea Evans is going with the second pick. I assume the first pick will be Harris but ya never know.

My team:

QB- Stafford, Tua
RB- CEH, Mixon, Jacobs, Sanders, Singletary
WR- Hopkins, McLaurin, Thielen, Robinson, T Higgins, Robby Anderson, Reagor, Fulgham
TE- Kittle, Henry

I’m stacked at WR, so I’d absolutely love if Harris fell to me, but I’m just worried about Chase with all the negative poo poo coming out of the Bengals camp.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Spermy Smurf posted:

Do you need a running back or WR?

RB way more than receiver and I think the gap between Etienne and Harris doesn't really exist.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

For some reason the thing that gets me about Najee is that he is already 23. Etienne is 22 so its not that big of a difference but starting in the NFL at 23 just seems old as RB considering their shelf life. Also I think Etienne will get more PPR opportunities.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean, Etienne also has a top ten RB according to my scoring last season ahead of him. I mean that has to be factored in

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

kiimo posted:

I mean, Etienne also has a top ten RB according to my scoring last season ahead of him. I mean that has to be factored in

It does but the Kamara comp speaks so many volumes. Etienne is way faster than Kamara with the chance to hit home runs on any touch. Kamara produced despite his situation technically being a committee.

Harris and Etienne had similar work loads in college somehow as well.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Goons give me your dynasty PPR takes. My brain needs more opinions.

Ja'marr Chase
Najee Harris
Travis Etienne

Ches Neckbeard give me more information about what you're going to do with the 1.01 in our league :getin:

Edit:

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I honestly cant stand Sleeper. It runs like rear end on my android and the web app is purestrain garbage that is missing a good 3/4 of the tools you have on the phone app. I was unable to submit a waiver wire claim on the browser version so I had to try to do it on my phone and it took me like 15 minutes to get right. Meanwhile running the ESPN and Yahoo websites on my phone works just fine.

Click on the player to get their player card. Waiver button is next to the watch list button (to the right of the star)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Ches Neckbeard give me more information about what you're going to do with the 1.01 in our league :getin:

I mean I've never been that secretive. The team was named AFC North Running Back Committee at one point lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Spoeank posted:

Click on the player to get their player card. Waiver button is next to the watch list button (to the right of the star)
:suicide:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I mean I've never been that secretive. The team was named AFC North Running Back Committee at one point lol

That's okay I just need to know if [CENSORED] will be there at

It's not you. The big thing Sleeper is missing is a "here's how to use sleeper" 2 minute youtube tutorial. Everything seems super evident... only after someone points it out to you

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Spoeank posted:

It's not you. The big thing Sleeper is missing is a "here's how to use sleeper" 2 minute youtube tutorial. Everything seems super evident... only after someone points it out to you
Its also that its kinda reverse of how you do it on, say, ESPN or Yahoo, where you click "Add Player" then look at at list of players. On sleeper, I had to look up the player, then find a tiny button to add that player.

Also, words. There are no words associated with the button. Its just an unmarked button with an inscrutable icon in a random spot.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

Yea Evans is going with the second pick. I assume the first pick will be Harris but ya never know.

My team:

QB- Stafford, Tua
RB- CEH, Mixon, Jacobs, Sanders, Singletary
WR- Hopkins, McLaurin, Thielen, Robinson, T Higgins, Robby Anderson, Reagor, Fulgham
TE- Kittle, Henry

I’m stacked at WR, so I’d absolutely love if Harris fell to me, but I’m just worried about Chase with all the negative poo poo coming out of the Bengals camp.

I still like Chase. Rookie training camp doesn't really move the bar for me that much because a lot of it is just noise.

I would be looking hard at Etienne here though. You have a lot of running backs that I was excited about at one point that I've completely fallen off of lol.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CEH and Sanders still good

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

CEH and Sanders still good
Didnt Sanders forget how to catch?

I would be looking hard at Etienne with that roster of RBs, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CEH should do well this year and Jacobs is another should be better if Gruden/Mayock are to be believed about the line. Hell Jacobs is only now entering the number of carries most guys had in college I can't imagine him being broken down.