Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

JUNGLE BOY posted:

darby has said in the past that he actively hates the idea of junior divisions

I respect that stance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

on that note, the day that Kushida loses the Cruiserweight belt to Drake Maverick can't come soon enough, because I am positive that he only missed the chopping block a couple of days ago because he has the belt, and they will never let him move to heavyweight

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Did they ever get the last cruiserweight belt back from Hornswoggle?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

darby has said in the past that he actively hates the idea of junior divisions

Which is why he's gonna show up at King of Gate instead.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's an entire UK scene and the void of WXW that need to be replaced too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think it's fine for a promotion to do a series of midcard weight class belts as long as you also keep the World title of the company openweight. The trouble is that nobody really does that. MLW is probably the closest with a Heavyweight and Middleweight in addition to the National Openweight title, but the Heavyweight is still considered #1. Same with NJPW's Heavyweight vs NEVER; the latter can still headline shows sometimes, but typically not above a Heavyweight title match.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
in the description for this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcdXYQWFgbI

it says hhh is the only member of dx to perform at starrcade but rick rude was a member of dx and he performed at starrcade 93. hunter putting himself over yet again :rolleyes:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Rick Rude doesn't deserve to be brought down by being associated with DX. He was a heel.on a level none of them could even conceptualize.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He was a founding member! I will not let this Rick Rude erasure stand

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the wikipedia article for d-generation x says IRS was a founding member. i don't think that's correct

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it might be correct

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Cavauro posted:

it might be correct

It was. He used to “1040 my grapefruits!” and he would point at his crotch.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Seams posted:

He was a founding member! I will not let this Rick Rude erasure stand

Oh, no erasure, but while the rest of DX was down for dick jokes, none of them had the sheer balls to show up to a match with their opponent's wife's face airbrushed on the crotch of their tights, now did they?

Rick Rude was a master.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

GOAT

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So cards on the table, who would you nominate for worst gimmick? I mean it'll obviously come down to Nikki ASH vs Alexa Bliss (unless the WWE shits the bed a third time in a spectacular way) but which way do you lean?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Testekill posted:

So cards on the table, who would you nominate for worst gimmick? I mean it'll obviously come down to Nikki ASH vs Alexa Bliss (unless the WWE shits the bed a third time in a spectacular way) but which way do you lean?

ALMOST a SUPER HERO nikka A.S.H.

just loving awful

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
You know, if you watch smackdown then rampage thats 3 hours of wrestling in one night! Finally Fridays are on the same level as Mondays!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why would you watch smackdown. what the gently caress.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

coconono posted:

why would you watch smackdown. what the gently caress.

Because you're really looking forward to watching Roman Reigns talk about how he's the head of the table and then abuse his alcholic cousins for the 975th time?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe its because I just finished Kevin Can gently caress Himself but it suddenly hit me when I was watching a clip of that Dexter date thing that like half of WWE is just an unironic 90s sitcom.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Testekill posted:

Alexa.
1. Quantity.
2. Nobody has lost any credibility by losing to Nikki

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

some people always find that 'one good thing that's going on in wwe right now' even if nothing good is actually happening and its clear nothing will and the company is worse by every objective measure than it was the day before.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Testekill posted:

Definitely Alex Bliss with Lily.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

That DICK! posted:

some people always find that 'one good thing that's going on in wwe right now' even if nothing good is actually happening and its clear nothing will and the company is worse by every objective measure than it was the day before.

As an optimist, you can say every day is better than the next!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

Alexa.
1. Quantity.
2. Nobody has lost any credibility by losing to Nikki

1. Nikki is getting there
2. That's because Nikki is the one who looks like a geek in every single match she's in.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I can see where there was a purpose to Alexa when she was with Bray. I do not see where there's a purpose to Nikki.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
nikki ash is just a poorly done underdog gimmick. alexa wins by having her doll cgi wink at a wrestler named doudrop.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe its because I just finished Kevin Can gently caress Himself but it suddenly hit me when I was watching a clip of that Dexter date thing that like half of WWE is just an unironic 90s sitcom.

I mean, WWE does love hiring sitcom/soap opera writers cause they think it makes them look like Prestige Television or whatever, and then none of that matters cause whatever they write gets torn up and rewritten by the psychotic dementia-ridden weirdo who owns the company anyway.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Testekill posted:

Nikki ASH.

Alexa has always been good at doing weird and creepy and if the booking just allowed her to wrestle WHILE being weird and creepy rather than relying on the W&C she'd be fine.

The Almost a Superhero gimmick is death on every level.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah there are at least some people who enjoy the Lore of Alexa, Almost a Super Hero Nikki A.S.H. is the new Red Rooster.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Anytime the underdog says they're the underdog, the gimmick is dead. They need to just come out like "naw gently caress this poo poo, I ain't losing" instead of "look I know the odds are stacked against me... and by odds I mean being 1v1 with another wrestler in a fair fight, but a miracle WILL happen I feel..."

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 12, 2021

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I still don't understand why they had to tack ASH on at all, it was super necessary to point out she wasn't a super hero (and she knows it)?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

HidaO-Win posted:

I'd pay 60 dollars for a PPV where Matt Cardona beats Triple H in a Buried Alive match. Belt shot with the Internet Championship, Radio Silence into the grave, then bury him with Booker T action figures. 

Just putting that out into the universe. 

I'd pay $120 dollars to watch Triple H kick wham pedigree the second after the bell rang and then proceed to throw the belt into the garbage.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Tweak posted:

I still don't understand why they had to tack ASH on at all, it was super necessary to point out she wasn't a super hero (and she knows it)?

Because they needed to change her last name so people wouldn't associate her with Karion Kross, probably.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

as much as Nikki is trying to get that gimmick over, she beats out Alexa in my book. Nikki ASH as a gimmick seems so meanspirited. Like hahaha lookit this fuckin loser girl who thinks she's a superhero. Its like Vince looked at Lulu Pencil and thought her underdog energy was a deficiency. Then again, Vince is the same guy that looked at John Cena and said this is the guy that always needs to be fighting from the bottom.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Apparently she has been pitching this gimmick for a while now. Can’t believe the name change was part of it though

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Astro7x posted:

Apparently she has been pitching this gimmick for a while now. Can’t believe the name change was part of it though

the branding's all messed up. Like the butterfly on the chest. Shouldn't her superhero name be a wordplay on butterflies or whatever? Like Flutter or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Like I doubt she was pitching "And I suck at everything and get the crap beaten out of me and win by dumb luck". That's that WWE touch I'd recognize anywhere.