Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kikas posted:

Yeah how come there's no card/boardgame and/or tabletop RPG?

Honestly, I think an SC-esque TTTRPG might be cool, but what can it being to the, well, table that other games haven't already?

EDIT: What I mean to say is that if an SC tabletop game ever came out, why would I want to play that over, say, Rogue Trader?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Honestly, I think an SC-esque TTTRPG might be cool, but what can it being to the, well, table that other games haven't already?

EDIT: What I mean to say is that if an SC tabletop game ever came out, why would I want to play that over, say, Rogue Trader?

Just play Coriolis. It's a great Space TTRPG with a neat and interesting setting, that's also not dominated by white men!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kikas posted:

Just play Coriolis. It's a great Space TTRPG with a neat and interesting setting, that's also not dominated by white men!

Seconded. Join the fourth-wave SweRPG hive.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I miss the days of Archer Gate. Plenty of laughs while our Warlord was at his zenith.

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE
May 6, 2007

Kanga-Rat Murder Society
Buy a cardboard Idris

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
If you told me that Star Citizen Stans were arguing that 100% CPU utilization is a good thing, actually, because it's using all the power the PC can produce instead of a measly fraction of it? I would not be surprised.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kikas posted:

Additionally if you want to be a space man doing space man things there is a truly excellent Alien RPG out published by Free League. Granted, it leans pretty hard into the horror aspect of the actual aliens but it's built in a way that you could run a whole space trucker campaign or colonial marines campaign and never even see an alien if you wanted.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
I mean, Star Citizen the trading card game, with the ability to purchase rare cards separately for inordinate amounts of money sounds completely on-brand.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
So I haven't been paying much attention to Star Citizen. Neither has anyone I know. My brother recently looked into it, saw something some streamers did that seemed cool, and downloaded it to give it a shot. We backed it in like loving 2012. He was impressed by what he saw, so he started streaming it out so that I could watch.

I'm not gonna lie, I was also impressed. Platforms floating on a gas planet with people walking all over, shuttle systems, stores... it looked wild. Like "gently caress man, they really did it, at least in one place." Of course, I kept in the back of my mind the qualifier "if it works." I'm well aware of the bugs and problems the game's had in the past. While his performance was good, he also has a monster system he recently built. Even his hitched and lagged sometimes, and he had to wait for a little bit in certain areas for poo poo to calm down. Still, the scale and depth of what was there seemed impressive. Little things like snack kiosks and restaurants were all interactable, and the place felt alive because of all the npcs walking around.

But it didn't take long for the cracks to show. My brother bought a candy bar, and his guy held it up and inspected it as it clipped through his hand. This was seemingly ALL he could do, because it then disappeared. Like just straight gone. We thought that maybe you had a different inventory than your equipment inventory, so we went looking all through the screens and couldn't find it. Whatever, I guess, it was cheap. Maybe it ended up on his ship? He tried to talk to some shipping NPC but because the menu options are ON the person and they kept moving, he couldn't ask about available deliveries because the dude kept bending over. Dumb decision, but how did it make it this far? It's clearly a bad way to do things. He tried to get to some outfitter, but it was either in a restricted area or behind a locked door. I started noticing a lot of locked doors where arrows pointed at "places a character would want to be" were. These platforms weren't as full of shops as they said they were, and a lot of them were for food that you seem to be unable to use. Well, whatever. What about the ship?

Since we backed in like 2012, his ship is one of the more basic ones. I think he backed it at like 60 so it's a cool looking sleek ship that's got missiles and a bed and a fridge. Or at least, it's supposed to. See, the bed, fridge... unlike you'd expect with everything else, he couldn't touch them. Couldn't touch the sink. We found out that the food he bought didn't end up in his ship either, since he couldn't interact with any inventory in it. Okay, sure. He got in, flew around, and tried to go into space. I thought maybe it was his quantum drive or whatever, I donno. Well, his ship didn't have one, it told him when he tried. This was a surprise to us, but we thought maybe he needed to put poo poo on his ship. He then had to figure out how to land, and ended up doing it through his person's interface rather than his ship's because you have to look over and mess with touch buttons with your mouse in order to use your ship's computer and it works about as well as you'd think. They ended up putting him way far away from everything he was near at a spaceport, which is fine. But it was confusing cause he was LOOKING at the pads he launched from, why'd they tell him to go over there? How was he supposed to fly to other platforms if he couldn't decide where to land, anyway? He landed, and tried to mess with his ship's configuration.

This is where things really fell apart. See, his ship didn't actually have anything in it. No power plant, no weapons, no beds, no engines... and the loadout was locked to read only. Could he unlock it? No, we had no idea how. Could he make a new one? No, no idea how. He looked all over for a kiosk or something where he could change the loadout, but nope. Nowhere on the website does it tell you anything about read only loadouts. The only stuff it tells you about in ships is how to buy one from them. It seemed like changing your ship's guts wasn't something they bothered to explain, meaning it should be really intuitive to pick up. But gently caress if we could figure it out. He blew it up and got a new one, and the problem persisted. I started to think that the ships in this space weren't real, and that the game couldn't let you come and go from this space to outer space cause they didn't figure it out yet. But we had no way to test any of this since any ship he got had nothing in it and we couldn't figure out how to change it.

I tried to play and I didn't expect much, I'm at minimum spec. I created a spaceman, which was a baffling experience that consisted of choosing a head, choosing another head, and then blending whatever attributes I wanted together. My spaceman ended up having a different colored head than the rest of his body. Hair options are terrible. Even though the launcher has two guys with stubbly beards in it, you can't choose any facial hair. I then loaded for like 15 minutes and stuttered so much I couldn't even move, even at 800X600.

The game seems to still not work at a fundamental level. It's plagued with poor UI choices that are still there for reasons I can't understand. Lots of things seem to be for show and fall apart as soon as you touch them or look too closely. Actually doing anything is a chore, if you can figure out how to do it, you have to walk all over and use touch menus, and the game doesn't tell you where anything is. You don't have a map, you don't know how to get from one place to the other unless you find one of the minimalist art-deco maps in the game that will explain the public transport routes, and even then it's up to following arrows painted on the side of things like it's a god drat stadium to get anywhere. It's a mess.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Tippis posted:

If you want to die a lot inside, I can try to track down one of my favourite posts from a citizen ever, where he tries to explain how much larger coordinates you can get with 64-bit positioning compared to 32-bit. It follows a very similar logic, except worse.

quote:

Ok, show me another MMO that has 617 TRILLION square miles of play area.

quote:

The 64 bit floating point is actually 1,600,000,000,000,000 sq km which converts to 617,763,453,667,920 sq. mi.

Source: math. 2 to the 64th power.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Grondoth posted:

So I haven't been paying much attention to Star Citizen. Neither has anyone I know. My brother recently looked into it, saw something some streamers did that seemed cool, and downloaded it to give it a shot. We backed it in like loving 2012. He was impressed by what he saw, so he started streaming it out so that I could watch.

I'm not gonna lie, I was also impressed. Platforms floating on a gas planet with people walking all over, shuttle systems, stores... it looked wild. Like "gently caress man, they really did it, at least in one place." Of course, I kept in the back of my mind the qualifier "if it works." I'm well aware of the bugs and problems the game's had in the past. While his performance was good, he also has a monster system he recently built. Even his hitched and lagged sometimes, and he had to wait for a little bit in certain areas for poo poo to calm down. Still, the scale and depth of what was there seemed impressive. Little things like snack kiosks and restaurants were all interactable, and the place felt alive because of all the npcs walking around.

But it didn't take long for the cracks to show. My brother bought a candy bar, and his guy held it up and inspected it as it clipped through his hand. This was seemingly ALL he could do, because it then disappeared. Like just straight gone. We thought that maybe you had a different inventory than your equipment inventory, so we went looking all through the screens and couldn't find it. Whatever, I guess, it was cheap. Maybe it ended up on his ship? He tried to talk to some shipping NPC but because the menu options are ON the person and they kept moving, he couldn't ask about available deliveries because the dude kept bending over. Dumb decision, but how did it make it this far? It's clearly a bad way to do things. He tried to get to some outfitter, but it was either in a restricted area or behind a locked door. I started noticing a lot of locked doors where arrows pointed at "places a character would want to be" were. These platforms weren't as full of shops as they said they were, and a lot of them were for food that you seem to be unable to use. Well, whatever. What about the ship?

Since we backed in like 2012, his ship is one of the more basic ones. I think he backed it at like 60 so it's a cool looking sleek ship that's got missiles and a bed and a fridge. Or at least, it's supposed to. See, the bed, fridge... unlike you'd expect with everything else, he couldn't touch them. Couldn't touch the sink. We found out that the food he bought didn't end up in his ship either, since he couldn't interact with any inventory in it. Okay, sure. He got in, flew around, and tried to go into space. I thought maybe it was his quantum drive or whatever, I donno. Well, his ship didn't have one, it told him when he tried. This was a surprise to us, but we thought maybe he needed to put poo poo on his ship. He then had to figure out how to land, and ended up doing it through his person's interface rather than his ship's because you have to look over and mess with touch buttons with your mouse in order to use your ship's computer and it works about as well as you'd think. They ended up putting him way far away from everything he was near at a spaceport, which is fine. But it was confusing cause he was LOOKING at the pads he launched from, why'd they tell him to go over there? How was he supposed to fly to other platforms if he couldn't decide where to land, anyway? He landed, and tried to mess with his ship's configuration.

This is where things really fell apart. See, his ship didn't actually have anything in it. No power plant, no weapons, no beds, no engines... and the loadout was locked to read only. Could he unlock it? No, we had no idea how. Could he make a new one? No, no idea how. He looked all over for a kiosk or something where he could change the loadout, but nope. Nowhere on the website does it tell you anything about read only loadouts. The only stuff it tells you about in ships is how to buy one from them. It seemed like changing your ship's guts wasn't something they bothered to explain, meaning it should be really intuitive to pick up. But gently caress if we could figure it out. He blew it up and got a new one, and the problem persisted. I started to think that the ships in this space weren't real, and that the game couldn't let you come and go from this space to outer space cause they didn't figure it out yet. But we had no way to test any of this since any ship he got had nothing in it and we couldn't figure out how to change it.

I tried to play and I didn't expect much, I'm at minimum spec. I created a spaceman, which was a baffling experience that consisted of choosing a head, choosing another head, and then blending whatever attributes I wanted together. My spaceman ended up having a different colored head than the rest of his body. Hair options are terrible. Even though the launcher has two guys with stubbly beards in it, you can't choose any facial hair. I then loaded for like 15 minutes and stuttered so much I couldn't even move, even at 800X600.

The game seems to still not work at a fundamental level. It's plagued with poor UI choices that are still there for reasons I can't understand. Lots of things seem to be for show and fall apart as soon as you touch them or look too closely. Actually doing anything is a chore, if you can figure out how to do it, you have to walk all over and use touch menus, and the game doesn't tell you where anything is. You don't have a map, you don't know how to get from one place to the other unless you find one of the minimalist art-deco maps in the game that will explain the public transport routes, and even then it's up to following arrows painted on the side of things like it's a god drat stadium to get anywhere. It's a mess.

What you've experienced here is core issue that people have with the game.

Even if you strip everything bad away. All the scammy marketing, all the MMO that's not an MMO, all the promises that were never and will never see the light of day...

And you just look at Star Citizen for what it wants to be... it's a lovely, bad experience. It's full of poor design choices at every corner and even doing simple tasks that most games take for granted can be a convoluted mess of arbitrary non-fun systems that in many cars don't even interconnect with each other.

CR can't design a game that is fun and intuitive.

He makes movies, and he can make something have more polygons than it should so it looks pretty. This is literally the extent of his contribution to making a video game.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LightInexperiencedAmazontreeboa-mobile.mp4

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Today I came across this video of about a year old.

"Top 10 WORST MMORPGS to play in 2020"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaB1v9HmUo0&t=750s

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

CommissarMega posted:

Without even looking into newer options, you've got Transhuman Space for hard scifi, Traveller for space swashbucklin', the 40k games for grimdark, and various Star Wars RPGs for space opera. You could also fairly easily recreate the setting of SC in any of those, and I am using the word "setting" very generously. So yeah, I agree with your assessment that it could exist, but there's no real niche for it.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Stimpire GURPS when?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

The Chair in Front of The Chairman's Club posted:

Sorry I do not speak English.

The original version is in Spanish, I have translated the text into English with an online service, if you think it is not well written, below I will put the original version, so you can translate it to your liking.

The Chair in Front of The Chairman's Club

In 2012 I met Star Citizen, then I spent some time trying to understand what it was like to pay and not get anything immediately.

In July of 2015, I joined and began spending money in the following years on large ships, money that competed with new hardware that I could have bought.

Nothing is that easy right?

Well no, it was difficult for me, there were long talks with my wife, about what was to come in Star Citizen to financially support Chris Roberts project, well, in the community he may be famous, but for my wife, well , no idea who it is.

Since those early years I have been wanting to fascinate myself as a child with Star Citizen, because well, we all always have expectations about what we want and how we want it.

I had just played the X series, based on that game I heard about Star Citizen, how I am a developer, and I know first-hand, how much it costs to do things right, just at the code level.

When I started to think about the hard C and C ++ code, databases, servers, the web page, music, new effects, design tools, time control, synchronization, 3D objects, test and test and more tests, added this On the scale of Star Citizen, well gentlemen that is something really massive.

Even so, all this requires large amounts of money, but it is not enough yet, some other things are needed that are more expensive and difficult, however, it is the only thing that manages to unite all the other elements listed above and create Star Citizen:

This is: Conviction and human talent.

After more than half a decade, resist and resist and imagine and imagine that something really fascinating and illusory would arrive in Star Citizen, generating illusion and fascination for the player.

I must make a stop here, no, it is not the same to create illusion and fascination in a young person or adolescent who is discovering the world and being able to be violent in a game, that's okay, than in an adult person.

In my case, Star Citizen has a deeper meaning. I have been in the PC world since the 90s, for whom he met the first Trident video cards with their CD containing the demo of Microsoft's Fury 3. You will understand much more deeply the meaning of succeeding in creating this Game.

For these video cards, you could buy separate memory, on a chip and put it on the board.

Also, see over time how the internet emerged with Netscape Communicator 3 and all its DNS infrastructure and packet routing, and the first implementation of an encrypted connection thanks to Netscape.

With all of the above on my back, believe what I say, Star Citizen is the last frontier on what can be done with the PC.

There is the phrase that says: My place in the world; making reference to where I feel best and feel the maximum comfort.

Well, I'm going to modify that phrase a bit, I'll say, My place in Star Citizen is: Orison.

Orison cannot be described, you have to be there ...

But for those like me, who think how things are built, where the initial ideas are obtained, how they are implemented, and how to make that idea a reality by combining this with pure and simple engineering, and of course, manage to obtain money to finance everything, in order to finally reach the final objective, which is, to generate human emotions when flying through Orison.

Greetings to all.
Greetings to Pedro Camacho, without his music, we could not feel like heroes. :wink:
Kind regards, to Chris Roberts.
10,000,000 SCUs full of success and pride, to the team that created and designed and made Orison a reality.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Orison loving sucks. It's a pain in the rear end to find because of the clouds and the nuclear bloom reflected off the gas giant and the gravity is so strong it takes ten minutes and all your gas to get away from. The city itself looks stupid as gently caress too and there's possibly the most annoying version of public transit yet in the form of shuttles that fly you between the stupid floating city.

All these nerds are fawning over the worst planet. At least the Bladerunner city looks kinda cool.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kikas posted:

Never heard of it before this post, but now that I've done some Googling, I absolutely must have this game :allears:

Zero_Grade posted:

So yeah, I agree with your assessment that it could exist, but there's no real niche for it.

Exactly! Rake away all the nebulous, unfulfillable promises of SC, and what you're left with is something shallower than a Saturday morning cartoon. There is literally no reason for SC to exist than to provide daydream fodder, and you don't need to mortgage a house to do that!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Tippis posted:

If you want to die a lot inside, I can try to track down one of my favourite posts from a citizen ever, where he tries to explain how much larger coordinates you can get with 64-bit positioning compared to 32-bit. It follows a very similar logic, except worse.

the best story was the idea to use bits with 8 states instead of being 0/1. Just mindboggling

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
One of the Linus Dick Tips sub channels just did a whole video on SC and tried to be balanced by saying hey it’s late and busted and dumb but by golly what if they do live up to their insane and impossible promises?????

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

AlternateAccount posted:

One of the Linus Dick Tips sub channels just did a whole video on SC and tried to be balanced by saying hey it’s late and busted and dumb but by golly what if they do live up to their insane and impossible promises?????

That's basically what their last video was. Sure the games broken and not fun, but imagine if it wasn't broken and it was fun!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

AutismVaccine posted:

the best story was the idea to use bits with 8 states instead of being 0/1. Just mindboggling

Look, that guy solved everything. You just couldn’t comprehend his sheer brilliance.

(Holy poo poo was it funny)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Fidelitious posted:

So we've got Star Marine that no one plays.
The racing mode that no one plays.
The other poo poo in Arena Commander that also no one plays
Sataball that disappeared completely.
Theatres of War that no one is allowed to play and might now be rebooted as a completely separate Unreal game
and then the PU which in the latest patch has 4 crash-to-desktop/needs a restart bugs
also Squadron 42 which has not been seen for years and probably is in a very unplayable state

Am I missing anything?

The mocap
The 5000000 page “script”
The cafeteria 3 part trilogy tragedy

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Oh shoot that reminds me we haven't had an update on the mess hall scene lately. :ohdear:

How is that mess hall scene coming along?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

The Titanic posted:

Oh shoot that reminds me we haven't had an update on the mess hall scene lately. :ohdear:

They are refactoring scene 6b- t501 frame 3/7733889219 even though the scene has yet to be filmed

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Zero_Grade posted:

Without even looking into newer options, you've got Transhuman Space for hard scifi, Traveller for space swashbucklin', the 40k games for grimdark, and various Star Wars RPGs for space opera. You could also fairly easily recreate the setting of SC in any of those, and I am using the word "setting" very generously. So yeah, I agree with your assessment that it could exist, but there's no real niche for it.

I mean, that's just the nature of games: no game is going to be a one-stop shop for everything you want it to be. It'd be awesome if Bloodborne also had some tactical RPG action in it a la Final Fantasy Tactics, a really deep city simulator like Cities: Skylines, and a balanced 2D fighting game so I wouldn't have to keep switching between games to do what I want at that exact instant, but nobody is ever going to be able to make a game that adequately has all those components integrated seamlessly into a game and have them at an acceptable level of quality. That's just... like... how time and budgets work.

e: Not implying anyone here is doing that, but this is the delusion Citizens subscribe to.

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 12, 2021

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

The Titanic posted:

It had Sandi in it so it got cut from the game.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Fidelitious posted:

So we've got Star Marine that no one plays.
The racing mode that no one plays.
The other poo poo in Arena Commander that also no one plays
Sataball that disappeared completely.
Theatres of War that no one is allowed to play and might now be rebooted as a completely separate Unreal game
and then the PU which in the latest patch has 4 crash-to-desktop/needs a restart bugs
also Squadron 42 which has not been seen for years and probably is in a very unplayable state

Am I missing anything?

Hey now, they've started a road map so they can begin to design the underpinnings of the foundation of the debug menu which is required to make any playable game.

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

The Titanic posted:

What you've experienced here is core issue that people have with the game.

Even if you strip everything bad away. All the scammy marketing, all the MMO that's not an MMO, all the promises that were never and will never see the light of day...

And you just look at Star Citizen for what it wants to be... it's a lovely, bad experience. It's full of poor design choices at every corner and even doing simple tasks that most games take for granted can be a convoluted mess of arbitrary non-fun systems that in many cars don't even interconnect with each other.

CR can't design a game that is fun and intuitive.

He makes movies, and he can make something have more polygons than it should so it looks pretty. This is literally the extent of his contribution to making a video game.

I'm still amazed that if you don't take off from the hangar fast enough in your video game space ship... the port authority calls and tells you to get the gently caress out of your ship and they are putting it back in storage. So if you're new and trying to figure out which buttons to press in their war crime of a UI to start your video game space ship... if you take too long you get told to get the gently caress out. It's an incredible design choice.

Also... you have to do an insurance claim to get it back and that takes 7 minutes for some reason... or you can pay space bucks to "expedite" and then it only takes 2 minutes before you can try to play your video game space ship again.

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

It had Sandi in it so it got cut from the game.

What's the story with the mess hall/Sandi?

Last I checked in, she and Roberts were secretly/not so secretly married?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Penitent posted:

What's the story with the mess hall/Sandi?

Last I checked in, she and Roberts were secretly/not so secretly married?

There's a lot of speculation that Sandi and Chris broke up, since Sandi silently stepped away from her public "marketing" role years ago, they both hadn't been heard from in a long time, people noticed CR not wearing a wedding ring, etc. But that's all it is, speculation. No one really knows what exactly their deal is.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Look, that guy solved everything. You just couldn’t comprehend his sheer brilliance.

(Holy poo poo was it funny)

:smug: let's call them 'octas', this way u see u can transport 8 times the data, amirite?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Time_pants posted:

I mean, that's just the nature of games: no game is going to be a one-stop shop for everything you want it to be. It'd be awesome if Bloodborne also had some tactical RPG action in it a la Final Fantasy Tactics, a really deep city simulator like Cities: Skylines, and a balanced 2D fighting game so I wouldn't have to keep switching between games to do what I want at that exact instant, but nobody is ever going to be able to make a game that adequately has all those components integrated seamlessly into a game and have them at an acceptable level of quality. That's just... like... how time and budgets work.

e: Not implying anyone here is doing that, but this is the delusion Citizens subscribe to.

Just pack the other game genres into arcades in-universe, plus a PC terminal where you can download or write any arbitrary code to execute it. If you want a game that truly has it all, start investing in me now and I will make it happen.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

The Titanic posted:

Its exactly like an actual mess.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Yeah. It sounds like their ideal game is the Steam client. Because all the things they're asking for out of their pet crazy, obvious scam exist and are out there for anyone who wants to look on them. Their only beef is not having them all at their fingertips at once. Okay. You're asking for a library of different game types with a built-in way to access that gameplay easily. That's just the Steam client.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Drakkel posted:

If you told me that Star Citizen Stans were arguing that 100% CPU utilization is a good thing, actually, because it's using all the power the PC can produce instead of a measly fraction of it? I would not be surprised.

Instructions for running Star Citizen:

1. Look up your computer model to determine how to enter the BIOS.
2. Turn off your computer.
3. Turn it back on and enter the BIOS.
4. Look under Power, Fan, or Thermal settings for an option to automatically turn off the processor at +8 degrees.
5. Disable this option. There will be a warning - ignore it.
6. All set! Now you're ready to play Star Citizen!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

A bit old, but I just stumbled across it, so now you all have to suffer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5byfi2JVdo
Amateurs.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

TheAgent posted:

yet another leak from a year ago coming to pass I loving called it!

ftfy :gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Anyone heard of the first David Cage game Omikcron The Nomad Soul? It had a bunch of different mechanics like adventure puzzle solving, first person shooting and 2d fighting game stuff. It's a mess and is the most imfamouse game they ever played on Super Best Friends.