Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

CEH and Sanders still good

I think Jacobs is too. My comment was more about how much all of their stocks have crashed over the last couple years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea 2 years ago having Mixon Jacobs and Sanders was ridiculous on paper.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

fsif posted:

So for simple office redraft leagues, what service do you guys typically use? We've been using ESPN for a while and I hate it, but sounds like most the popular alternatives (Yahoo, CBS) are maybe worse.

I've been poking around with Sleeper, but there's a part of me that wonders if it comes across as somehow unofficial/sketchy, heh.

If I have a choice I go with Sleeper. Might not be an issue if you regularly speak with all these people irl but if it's just online it's so much easier to talk to people about trades, quickly flag down your commish if you need, or just playful banter during the season. You just scroll through the main window and see everything happening.

Feels like you're playing with real people instead of just bots.

There's maybe a couple annoyances like how they handle IR and, at least for me, it runs like dogshit on my phone.

freeman fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 11, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m also a little hesitant to grab Chase because I already have Mixon and Higgins. Owning the entire Bengal skill position set doesn’t sound great.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

I’m also a little hesitant to grab Chase because I already have Mixon and Higgins. Owning the entire Bengal skill position set doesn’t sound great.

Obviously go Etienne to get those Jaguar shares

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

Yea Evans is going with the second pick. I assume the first pick will be Harris but ya never know.

My team:

QB- Stafford, Tua
RB- CEH, Mixon, Jacobs, Sanders, Singletary
WR- Hopkins, McLaurin, Thielen, Robinson, T Higgins, Robby Anderson, Reagor, Fulgham
TE- Kittle, Henry

I’m stacked at WR, so I’d absolutely love if Harris fell to me, but I’m just worried about Chase with all the negative poo poo coming out of the Bengals camp.

If you have a flex, then I’d go either Etienne or even Pitts.

I’d actually go Pitts and play him and Kittle. Then move off Kittle in the next year or so if Pitts does in fact become what everyone believes he will.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE and three flex slots (WR/RB/TE)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
:siren:Superflex Auction Data:siren:

Thanks to those of you who participated in our recent 10 team superflex auction:

Although this is just one piece of data, I can combine it with the market trends I have predicted and seen in my ~100 mostly-human mocks to come up with some really good strategy:

In 1QB auctions, the bottom falls out of the WR market somewhere around WR18 in 2021. Every. Single Time. Here, the WR discounts start at the very top and the bottom appears to drop out around WR 5 (Diggs for $27 in a 3-WR league is insane).

So, spend a huge chunk, I'm saying like 75% of your budget on your QBs and your RBs. Then recoup this cost with your $16 Keenan Allens and your $8 cooper Kupps. Again, literally every WR outside of the top tier should fetch a price well under 50% of what they usually go for. Wait on your favorites.

Also it seems like mid-teen$ is enough to get a top 6 TE. I say "seems" because I don't have hundreds of single-QB auction data points to back it up. However, it happened here and it makes sense based on obvious closed-market economics principles.

Also, if you find yourself overdrawn at QB, the RB2 market crashed here, as well. Obviously, that doesn't happen often at 1QB mocks, but Ekeler for $20, Dobbins for $15, Carson for $17, and many more are a strong indication you can spend a big chunk of your $150 on top QBs and a top RB, then value shop to fill out your running back stable for about $30-40.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
In fact, that one draft worked so well in seeing economic theory actually play out into something I can form a strategy around.

I want to try to fill out a 12-team superflex for this Sunday's stream.

Please join if you can, this data will help goons destroy their auction SF leagues, as it's data that's not really gettable anywhere else:

https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/731598465959833600?ftue=commish

Starts at 1 PM PST on Saturday 8/14.

DATA!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Man, I still don't know how I feel about my team. I hate my receivers, but I'm so deep at QB/RB I think it'd end up solid.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
PoM wins the league this year. If Tebowfan15 has a good year from Baker then he's second. Team5 and Nerds gonna be powerhouses too, but I got money on PoM and Tebowfan.

Is that the bestball league mentioned so we can see how it goes later?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spermy Smurf posted:

PoM wins the league this year. If Tebowfan15 has a good year from Baker then he's second. Team5 and Nerds gonna be powerhouses too, but I got money on PoM and Tebowfan.

It was just a mock Superflex to figure out trends because there is so little information out there. If it were a best ball league, I'd have drafted very different.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

I want to link the best ball league, but Sleeper only allows best ball on it's app (even though it let me draft on pc, wtf). I cannot figure out how to share this drat league.

Edit: It was in settings https://sleeper.app/i/V56aDYYWqMRZ

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Is Kelce worth 1.04 in PPR redraft? I'm hoping for Kamara and I'm leery on Barkley and Henry. I assume McCaffrey and Cook will be taken.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

The Zack posted:

Is Kelce worth 1.04 in PPR redraft? I'm hoping for Kamara and I'm leery on Barkley and Henry. I assume McCaffrey and Cook will be taken.

Any chance you can trade down a couple spots?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The Zack posted:

It’s a reach for sure. Waller and Kittle typically go around the 2/3 turn, so taking an RB isn’t even giving up a positional advantage in this case unless you for some reason think Henry is going to bust. If that’s the case I’d probably prefer Adams over Kelce if you’re in a league that starts 3 WRs or more than one flex.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

The Zack posted:

Man you’d be swinging for the fences but it could pay off. He carried my team last year

I’m staying far away from Saquon. Elliott and Aaron Jones should be there too. I’m going to get an RB in the first round cause the drop off in the mid second round is steep

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

freeman posted:

Any chance you can trade down a couple spots?

Not sure how trading redraft picks works. Unless you mean getting the commish to swap my position with someone else's.

dkj posted:

It’s a reach for sure. Waller and Kittle typically go around the 2/3 turn, so taking an RB isn’t even giving up a positional advantage in this case unless you for some reason think Henry is going to bust. If that’s the case I’d probably prefer Adams over Kelce if you’re in a league that starts 3 WRs or more than one flex.

That's a great point. It's 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1FLX, so RB is important.

Keith Atherton posted:

Man you’d be swinging for the fences but it could pay off. He carried my team last year

I’m staying far away from Saquon. Elliott and Aaron Jones should be there too. I’m going to get an RB in the first round cause the drop off in the mid second round is steep

Our league winner won in no small part because of Kelce. And late 2nd round, the best I can hope for at RB are CEH, Carson or Montgomery.

Thanks for the input. I'll probably take Henry if the other 3 RBs are taken.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Zack posted:

Not sure how trading redraft picks works. Unless you mean getting the commish to swap my position with someone else's.

You trade your 1.04 and say a 3.04 for someone’s 1.07 and 2.03 or whatever.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

You trade your 1.04 and say a 3.04 for someone’s 1.07 and 2.03 or whatever.
I have never seen a redraft league that allows pick trading.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You need to be in better redraft leagues then.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE and three flex slots (WR/RB/TE)

I’d go Etienne or Pitts with that starter requirements.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The Zack posted:

And late 2nd round, the best I can hope for at RB are CEH, Carson or Montgomery.

Okay, sounds like you answered your own question. When is your draft? Let us know how your round 2/3 shakes out

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Sep. 5.

I did a mock and got Kamara, CEH and Lamb. I'd share, but it was on ESPN and it was mostly auto drafters.

The Zack fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 13, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I’m so sorry for you

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

The Zack posted:

I get that Henry is less valuable in PPR but why on earth are you leery on him? He is a human tank who doesn't get injured and is arguably the best back in the league in a good offense that uses him heavily.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I’d take Henry in a second there.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I wouldn't hesitate with Henry or Zeke at 1.04.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
My hesitation on Henry is his mileage. The more I look, the more it seems that shouldn't be a problem this year. I've never had any shares of him, so he's been off my radar.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

dy. posted:

I get that Henry is less valuable in PPR but why on earth are you leery on him? He is a human tank who doesn't get injured and is arguably the best back in the league in a good offense that uses him heavily.

Now you've jinxed it.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The Zack posted:

My hesitation on Henry is his mileage. The more I look, the more it seems that shouldn't be a problem this year. I've never had any shares of him, so he's been off my radar.

You can’t know one way or the other until it’s way too late anyway.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Snakemock in 5
https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/731999087548805120?ftue=commish
12 team ppr

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Aaag I was too slow but I can see it which is $$$$

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

dy. posted:

The problem with taking Henry that high in the first is that he literally needs to run for 2,000 yards to return the expected value of that draft spot. He maxed out at RB3 in PPR in a year without CMC and Saquon. Now he has the history of 400+ touch guys in the year after pointing strongly towards regression. Maybe he's built differently than some of those other guys but it's really hard to say he'll be immune to the physical toll that workload has on players. Combine that with the Titans' garbage defense and the team outright telling us they want to pass more by acquiring Julio Jones and the regression argument gets even stronger. I don't think he'll be an outright bust but he'll be more of a floor play this year getting taken over guys with better ceilings because of their receiving ability.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Adding to that if you have a top 3 pick and you spend it on a floor play you’re doing it wrong.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Never done a guillotine league and I'm up now and basically have until tomorrow to decide (slow draft). Pick 14/18, ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2WRT.

Barkley and Harris still there but wouldn't feel confident with either in week 1.

Other top guys available:
player - bye
Ridley 6
Hopkins 12
Mixon 10
Gibson 9
CEH 12
Jefferson 7

Learning towards Ridley but I hear you're supposed to want guys with late byes. Anyone else jump out? Or should I just go Barkley and hope I get past the first couple weeks lol.

freeman fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 14, 2021

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Got my one and only serious league in-person draft tomorrow. I've done zero prep due to being swamped at work. No way this could go wrong.

It's a 2QB/2RB/3WR league too, should be easy!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Zero_Grade posted:

Got my one and only serious league in-person draft tomorrow. I've done zero prep due to being swamped at work. No way this could go wrong.

2QB means take QBs asap

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fate Accomplice posted:

Zero_Grade posted:

2QB means take QBs asap
And also dont get caught without a decent 3rd QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

buffalo all day posted:

Adding to that if you have a top 3 pick and you spend it on a floor play you’re doing it wrong.

But he is 1.04, and presumably CMC, Cook, and Kamara will be gone unless there is a crazy person managing one of the first 3 teams.

1.04 is a very rough spot this year, it feels like you're overdrafting whomever you take