Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

That is shocking, I saw a great many of great matches thanks to them rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've been liking what I've seen from Michiko Miyagi in the last few GLEAT shows, but her opponents are usually the exaggerated cartoonish joshi style that I'm not really into, while Miyagi seems a lot more tough and serious. Is her home promotion more like her style, or more like her opponents?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

I've been liking what I've seen from Michiko Miyagi in the last few GLEAT shows, but her opponents are usually the exaggerated cartoonish joshi style that I'm not really into, while Miyagi seems a lot more tough and serious. Is her home promotion more like her style, or more like her opponents?

If you're referring to Sendai Girls, it's a mix of both (no Joshi promotion can survive on being fully tough and serious) but tends towards seriousness as far as I can remember. They often link up with Chigusa's Marvelous promotion which should be a indicator of where they lie on the post-Ice Ribbon scale.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

GLEAT is her home promotion now.

She's originally from Sendai Girls where ironically she was the most cartoonish. She's getting booked there and Marvelous now as a top heel alongside Hibiki.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
How about her work in AWG? I don't know much about that one.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

How about her work in AWG? I don't know much about that one.

AWG is full cartoon. Perhaps the most Idol Joshi promotion to exist. They just had a series of extensive crossovers with ChocoPro.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
this is how i learn she no longer has the rad eye make up

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

She still does in Senjo and Marvelous. It was actually AWG which toned down her character which was weird because like fez_machine said, it's probably the most cartoonish promotion or at least vying for it with TJPW.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/BAHUFMW/status/1426498933266726919?s=20

Oh Onita.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

She also put on some muscles too. She’s a great lookin “you can sit with us loser” mean goth girl.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I was reading through Luchablog and noticed that apparently former AJPW foreigner Gianni Valletta has obviously gotten bored waiting to come back to Japan & is turning up in Mexico with IWRG.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Thanks for the Miyagi info, thread! I do find it kind of odd that she's the only woman signed to GLEAT, but from the looks of the shirt CIMA keeps showing off, more are on their way. Does anyone know who's on it?

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
NOAH returns to the Nippon Budokan on January 1, 2022

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1426801883243450369?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Assume nobody bothered watching the 2nd FMW-E show today?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Assume nobody bothered watching the 2nd FMW-E show today?

Nope, twice the price of the last one plus there was already a bunch of live shows today I was watching. I'll watch it sometime next week when it's up on Bilibili

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Thanks for the Miyagi info, thread! I do find it kind of odd that she's the only woman signed to GLEAT, but from the looks of the shirt CIMA keeps showing off, more are on their way. Does anyone know who's on it?

CIMA and Kaz photoshopped to look like women

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

N-1 Victory blocks:

https://twitter.com/RealNgreen/status/1427580357054844929

September 12th
A-Block: Mutoh vs Sugiura
B Block: Kenoh vs Kendo Kashin
C Block: Nakajima vs Tanaka
D Block: Kitamiya vs Fujita

September 18th
A-Block: Kiyomiya vs Soya
B Block: Mochizuki vs Inaba
C Block: Sakuraba vs Suzuki
D Block: Saito vs Funaki

September 19th
A-Block: Mutoh vs Soya
B Block: Kenoh vs Inaba
C Block: Nakajima vs Suzuki
D Block: Saito vs Fujita

September 20th
A-Block: Sugiura vs Kiyomiya
B Block: Mochizuki vs Kendo Kashin
C Block: Sakuraba vs Tanaka
D Block: Kitamiya vs Funaki

September 26th
A-Block: Mutoh vs Kiyomiya
A-Block: Sugiura vs Soya
B Block: Kenoh vs Mochizuki
B Block: Kendo Kashin vs Inaba
C Block: Nakajima vs Sakuraba
C Block: Tanaka vs Suzuki
D Block: Kitomiya vs Saito
D Block: Fujita vs Funaki

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Did they really replace Murakami with loving Kashin? Jesus

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah they had a match at the last show between him and Taniguchi for the spot. It went to double countout, then Kashin rolled him up after the restart

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

The dark match of Kawasaki Go was him and Taniguchi fighting for a spot in the N-1. It ended in a double count-out, began again in the ring, Kashin fought dirty and won.

There are SO many wrestlers I'd rather have in this tournament. Yone isn't doing anything. poo poo, bring someone in from DDT for five shows so we could see Hino and Kenoh whack each other around.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The list of wrestlers I'd rather watch Kendo Kashin over is extremely small. He is just incredibly annoying and honestly the worst thing WWE have ever done is firing him from the PC.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SG Bamboo posted:

Yeah they had a match at the last show between him and Taniguchi for the spot. It went to double countout, then Kashin rolled him up after the restart

love that Kashin

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
Kenoh vs. Kashin has potential for at least a few chuckles. With that said B block is the weakest to me. All other blocks are a combination of :stare: and :sickos:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The best part of Kendo Kashin is him competing in the Suguira-gun big tags because of how much the rest of his stable despise him. It's like they're me

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm trying to think if there's a wrestler in a major promotion I'm less interested in watching and I can't. Current EVIL is preferable. Yujiro. 100 years old barely mobile Abdullah Kobayashi. Pom Harajuku. Luchasaurus. loving hell, rather watch a 5 hour Dieno vs Chikara match than Kashin stink up the N1

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
How do you have the once in a lifetime chance to put Mutoh and Mochi in the same block and not do it?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

sticklefifer posted:

How do you have the once in a lifetime chance to put Mutoh and Mochi in the same block and not do it?

Because they're both members of M's Alliance and every faction has been split for the blocks, otherwise we could have had a repeat of the dope Kenoh/Katsu match from the last N-1. Maybe in the semis if NOAH decide to make the absolute worst move possible and have Mutoh beat Kiyomiya for a third time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm quickly realising that 2020 was mostly on Go rather than NOSAWA.

Still enjoy NOAH largely but god Go was so good last year. Injuries have robbed me of 2 of my favourites from last year, Shiozaki & Yoshiko.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

I'm trying to think if there's a wrestler in a major promotion I'm less interested in watching and I can't. Current EVIL is preferable. Yujiro. 100 years old barely mobile Abdullah Kobayashi. Pom Harajuku. Luchasaurus. loving hell, rather watch a 5 hour Dieno vs Chikara match than Kashin stink up the N1

what do you have against the adorable shin-kicking clown :(

I can't believe Kasshin was that bad to be fired from the PC. What exactly happened?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

what do you have against the adorable shin-kicking clown :(

I can't believe Kasshin was that bad to be fired from the PC. What exactly happened?

He was just let go at the start of the pandemic when they let a few coaches go, like Serena Deeb & Ace Steel. I assume it was cost cutting

I just think Pom is bad at wrestling but then TJPW is just not for me (I say as I am watching another Tokyo Princess Cup show...)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its me, I'm the pervert that enjoys Kendo Kasshin's antics.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I was doing the puro schedule and there's a Hard Hit show on Sunday and boy is there a lot of Hikaru Sato on that show. 5 matches I think. One of the matches is a 5 way tag match and everyone uses nonsense names which makes Google translate break. Trying to deal with that at 3am? Don't really recommend

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I was doing the puro schedule and there's a Hard Hit show on Sunday and boy is there a lot of Hikaru Sato on that show. 5 matches I think. One of the matches is a 5 way tag match and everyone uses nonsense names which makes Google translate break. Trying to deal with that at 3am? Don't really recommend

He posted a photo on his Instagram with all the photos and nonsense names in English if that helps.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

He posted a photo on his Instagram with all the photos and nonsense names in English if that helps.

It did, thanks. I think what actually confused me was the Hard Hit website had 4 teams & the picture had 5 and my brain at 3am couldn't do the process of elimination to work out who was the 5th team. Just waiting for New Japan or Dragon Gate to announce cards for their next weeks shows or otherwise there's not much to happening except that exceedingly long Hard Hit show. Which does look fun. IIRC Sato appears in 5 matches on it

Watching the opening night of the Royal Road tournament. Second show better than the first. For GLEAT fans, Hikaru Sato vs Yoshitatsu is worked shootstyle, as the baffling YT is a shoot guy story continues. It's no SHO vs Takanori Ito but it's fun. Even Devil Murasaki vs TAJIRI was passable wrestling, helped by being short.

The VOW review has great things to say about Aoyagi vs Ashino so I'm excited for that. And Koji Doi vs Koji Iwamoto has the potential to be good

Dan Tamura is really growing his hair out. He needs to start slicking it back to go full sleaze

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 18, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If not for New Japan's endless summer struggle this would be a dead week. But hey, Peter Pan will be good, & more Royal Road Tournament!

21/8/2021, Saturday

11am JST/1pm AEDT/3am BST/10pm EST/7pm PST

NJPW Summer Struggle USA
Oceanview Pavillion, Port Hueneme
Alex Coughlin vs Matt Morris
Clark Connors, Ren Narita & TJP vs Daniel Garcia, Fred Rosser & Fred Yehi
Brody King & Chris Dickinson vs Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs
Live on NJPW World

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/4am BST/11pm EST/8pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro 2021 Summer Step And A Step
Itabashi Green Hall, Tokyo
Card TBC
Airs on Wrestle Universe 24th August

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EST/1am PST

DDT Wrestle Peter Pan 2021
Fujitsu Stadium, Kawasaki
Hideki Okatani & Yuya Koroku vs Keigo Nakamura & Yukio Naya
Electric Current Explosion 8-Man Tag Death Match Akito, Atsushi Onita, Maki Itoh & Sanshiro Takagi vs Hikari Noa, Kuro-chan, Super Sasadango Machine & Tetsuhiro Kuroda
El Unicorn, HARASHIMA, Naomi Yoshimura, Reimu Imai & Yusuke Okada vs Illusion, Mizuki Watase, TAMURA, Yuji Okabayashi & Yuki Iino
Double Ring Simultaneous Singles Match A Antonio Honda vs Toru Owashi
Double Ring Simultaneous Singles Match B Danshoku Dieno vs Kazuki Hirata
Hardcore Tag Match 37KAMIINA (MAO & Shunma Katsumata) vs Chris Brookes & Jun Kasai
KO-D 6 Man Tag Team Titles Damnation (Soma Takao, Tetsuya Endo & Yuji Hino)(c) vs Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Saki Akai & Yukio Sakaguchi)
DDT Universal Title Yuki Ueno(c) vs Daisuke Sasaki
KO-D Openweight Title Jun Akiyama(c) vs Konosuke Takeshita
Live on Wrestle Universe

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/10am BST/5am EST/2am PST

Dragon Gate The Gate of Adventure Night 7
KBS Hall, Kobe
HIGH-END (Dragon Kid, Kagetora & YAMATO) vs Masquerade (Dragon Dia, Kota Minoura & Shun Skywalker)
Jason Lee & Naruki Doi vs RED BxB Hulk & SB KENTo)
Ryo Saito, Strong Machine J & Yosuke Santa Maria vs Susumu Yokosuka, Ultimo Dragon & Yasushi Kanda
Keisuke Okuda vs U-T
Ben-K & Masaaki Mochizuki vs RED (KAI & Kaito Ishida)
Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi, KING Shimizu & Kzy) vs RED (Diamante, Eita & HYO)
Live on DG Network

Also shows from BJW, Actwres girlZ, Secret Base, Ice Ribbon, JTO & Colega

22/8/2021, Sunday

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/4am BST/11pm EST/8pm PST

Ice Ribbon Tama Pro Festa Vol.2 Tama Pro Party
Narumi Education and Culture Center Green Hall, Tokyo
Asahi & Yappy vs Maika Ozaki & Ram Kaicho
Riko Kaiju & Yuki Mashiro vs Saran & Suzu Suzuki
Overseas Expedition Tournament Final Banny Oikawa vs Nao Ishikawa
WUW Women's Title Thekla(c) vs Totoro Satsuki
Ibuki Hoshi & Maya Yukihi vs Momo Kogo & Tsukushi Haruka
IW19 Title Hamuko Hoshi(c) vs Rina Shingaki
Live on NicoNico

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/6am BST/1am EST/10pm PST

Hard Hit Midsummer Metamorphosis Festival Hikaru Sato 21.5th Anniversary
Fujitsu Stadium, Kawasaki
Hikaru Sato & Takatoshi Matsumoto vs Kohei Tokeshi & Tetsuya Izuchi
Baliyan Junko & Francesco Junko vs Bokuno Guitar niwa Itsumo Okada tuyoshi & Massugu na TAMURA no Ka-chan vs Kikutaro Ichirin no Hone & Tomodachi ga Kobashi futotta Chatta vs Koji Doi & PLEASE ABEIN vs Nakuna, Nakuna, Sonna Sato Hikaru De & Osushi Ni Kaerou
Atsuki Aoyagi & Ryuki Honda vs Hikaru Sato & Taisuke Maeguchi
BASARA (Daiki Shimomura, SAGAT & Takato Nakano) vs YMZ (Best Stretchman V3, Kaori Yoneyama & Hikaru Sato)
Akira Jo vs Hikaru Sato
Dan Tamura, SUSHI & Suwama vs Jun Saito, Rei Saito & Shuji Ishikawa
Falls Count Anywhere Fuminori Abe & Isami Kodaka vs Hikaru Sato & Takayuki Ueki
Current Blast Deathmatch Atsushi Onita, Naoshi Sano & Yoshitatsu vs Hideki Sekine, Takahiro Tababa & Takuya Wada
Minoru Suzuki vs Ryo Kawamura
Don't think this is live anywhere but NicoNico should have it eventually

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/9:30am BST/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

Freedoms Jun Kasai Produce Osaka Deathmach Carnival
Active Square Daito Gymnasium, Daito
Brahman Kei, Brahman Shu & Dyna Mido vs GENTARO, Idea & Rekka
Dragon Libre, Takashi Sasaki & Takahiro Katori vs Kengo, Kenshin Chikano & Yuya Susumu
Kenji Fukimoto & Minoru Fujita vs X & X
Mammoth Sasaki & Shigehiro Irie vs Tomoya Hirata & Toru Sugiura
Jun Kasai & Kamui vs Toshiyuki Sakuda & Violento Jack
Daisuke Masaoka vs Masashi Takeda
Live on Twitcasting

23/8/2021, Monday

Just Colega

24/8/2021, Tuesday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EST/2:30am PST

NJPW Summer Struggle 2021
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on NJPW World

All Japan Road Road Night 3
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Ryoma Tsukamoto vs Yoshitatsu
Jun Saito & Rei Saito vs Total Eclipse Hokuto Omori & TAJIRI)
Black Menso-re, Dan Tamura, Ryuki Honda & Takao Omori vs Francesco Akira, Izanagi, Koji Iwamoto & Yuma Aoyagi
Royal Road Tournament 3rd Round Atsuki Aoyagi vs Shotaro Ashino
Royal Road Tournament 3rd Round Shigehiro Irie vs Suwama
Royal Road Tournament 3rd Round Ayato Yoshida vs Jake Lee
Royal Road Tournament 3rd Round Kento Miyahara vs Shuji Ishikawa
Live on AJPW TV

Also shows from Colega & Zero1

25/8/2021, Wednesday

Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from Colega, Tenryu Project & Ice Ribbon

26/8/2021, Thursday

Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from Colega

27/8/2021, Friday

Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from Colega & Sendai Girls

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 20, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress yes, Peter Pan time :hellyeah:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm a big fan of Onita doing 2 explosion matches in 2 days in the same venue for different promotions

Also of Yoshitatsu blowing up...

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress yes, Peter Pan time :hellyeah:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Hard Hit main event between Minoru Suzuki and Ryo/Rocky/Rambo Kawamura has a stipulation that if Suzuki wins Kawamura retires on the spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The post Match interview after Royal Road Tournament 2nd round clash between Abdullah Kobayashi & Suwama was real funny. Just Abby yelling, throwing in the occasional word I understand like high school baseball and doping

Also updated the schedule with the 24/8 card. Some exciting matches on that card.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 20, 2021