Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

On the one hand, it's bad because Triple H and HBK have a better idea of what a modern wrestling show should look like than any of Vince's current stooges.

On the other hand it's good because gently caress Triple H.

It's a situation where everyone involved sucks and I hope they all lose somehow. Except for the poor wrestlers caught in the middle of all this dumb political infighting, I hope things work out for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

so there's like no way Hunter wasn't Dave's source on this, like he went to work, Samoa Joe stared daggers at him, and he called Dave like "uh, Brother Love fired all those boys, nobody even told me"

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Karma Tornado posted:

so there's like no way Hunter wasn't Dave's source on this, like he went to work, Samoa Joe stared daggers at him, and he called Dave like "uh, Brother Love fired all those boys, nobody even told me"

samoa joe is the biggest idiot in all of this

fired. re-signed to an nxt contract with for active roster/talent scouting duties. gets into a championship storyline where it looks like he's finally the one to beat the undefeated monster champion...

now kross has jobbed to jeff hardy, looks like poo poo, and the nxt championship doesn't matter. the talent scouting poo poo doesn't matter either since they've passed up on actual talent. so, like, joe is essentially pointless now. fired again by the end of the year.

of course, if adam cole or pete dunne re-sign...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Karma Tornado posted:

if so that makes hunter even more pathetic. “It’s not my fault, I’m being bullied by Bucky beaver!!!”

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The "Hunter is cool NXT dad" saga is entering its new season

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Sarah from Marty & Sarah Love Wrestling says Corbin looks cute with his ”long balding hair and his facial hair and linen shirt”. Vince was always right about Corbin and women

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Baron Corbin's new gimmick is just foreshadowing Triple H's future

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
sometimes I just think about the fed and lol

what the gently caress

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Blaise330 posted:

The "Hunter is cool NXT dad" saga is entering its new season

Soon we'll get "Hunter is the divorced NXT dad that lives out of his van"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

A prestige GoT-style drama about the backstage politics as Vince nears death is the only WWE product I would consider watching

Seriously I want a show about WWE that never shows you the inside of a wrestling ring. It's all just the politicking. Season 1 Hunter positions himself post Montreal Screw Job to be Vince's right hand man. Season 15 - Hunter is crying in the dilapidated remains of the performance center.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
HHH sitting in a dark room as movers bustle around him removing everything from the now-shuttered performance center, a sympathy fruit basket collecting flies in front of him

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if so that makes hunter even more pathetic. “It’s not my fault, I’m being bullied by Bucky beaver!!!”

it's the same tactic Vince used on AJ Styles, "I didn't make this decision, it was actually that dastardly Paul E Dangerously who fired your pals, pal." I would readily accept that the only business lessons HHH has picked up from his father in law are the really chickenshit cowardly ones

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I still don't believe he leaves But I will admit half of it is mostly now out of my own hope he stays there long enough to see the Performance Center closed down

Nothing is more symbolic a representation of his failures with even a hint of power, and the crumbling of his chances at ever having the whole company to himself

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

lmao

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

HHH sucks but I'd definitely take him over Dunn and company.

They keep jobbing out people who can make them money and not letting anyone get over and wonder why nobody watches.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
HHH will never leave, but I could see them making up a do-nothing executive-level job for him just to keep him under their thumb.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

He leaves to work for Shane at his company

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
HHH in his new office at Titan Towers

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Drakkel posted:

HHH in his new office at Titan Towers

i believe you have my NXT champion

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Hefty Leftist posted:

lmao jesus

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/WRESTLEZONEcom/status/1426179830966493188?s=20

lmao

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
HHH doesn't have the balls to burn the place down

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

assuming that such a person existed, which i dont think is the case, where do you watch 205 live even if you wanted to? is it on like peacock or something?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
HHH needs an ally. A compatriot. A comrade in arms.

A Slapjack.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

A prestige GoT-style drama about the backstage politics as Vince nears death is the only WWE product I would consider watching

I wrote "An Armando Iannucci series but it's about the WWE" into my phone like four and a half years ago and it keeps getting more and more loving appropriate.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

205 Dead chk chk got em

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

205 live is moving to the metric system

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Shard posted:

Seriously I want a show about WWE that never shows you the inside of a wrestling ring. It's all just the politicking. Season 1 Hunter positions himself post Montreal Screw Job to be Vince's right hand man. Season 15 - Hunter is crying in the dilapidated remains of the performance center.

I'm picturing a WWE version of the classic British comedy "Yes Minister", where the creators were once asked why they never had any scenes with the title character in Parliament, and the response was because Parliament has a lot of political theater going on, but no actual politics. It'd be the same thing with all the WWE behind the scenes stuff that's put into the in-ring product, but never showing an actual match.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

205 live is moving to the metric system

93 on TV*

* - in Singapore

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm picturing a WWE version of the classic British comedy "Yes Minister", where the creators were once asked why they never had any scenes with the title character in Parliament, and the response was because Parliament has a lot of political theater going on, but no actual politics. It'd be the same thing with all the WWE behind the scenes stuff that's put into the in-ring product, but never showing an actual match.

Same with The Thick of It, just with more swearing and no canned laughter

anyway, Iannucci's a fuckin liberal melt nowadays, so he's the perfect person to do The Thick Of It About The WWE But Not Actually About The WWE

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Hefty Leftist posted:

loving lol

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Venomous posted:

Same with The Thick of It, just with more swearing and no canned laughter

anyway, Iannucci's a fuckin liberal melt nowadays, so he's the perfect person to do The Thick Of It About The WWE But Not Actually About The WWE

There has been a massive irretrievable talent loss.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I don’t know if HHH is bad at business and Nick Khan is really good or if HHH is bad at business and Nick Khan is just ok or if Nick Khan is bad at business and HHH is even worse

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

IceAgeComing posted:

The more notable section of the Observer I feel is the revelation that not only did HHH have no say in the cuts; but that he didn't even know about the cuts until they started texting talent. In theory it'd be the same result but it also shows that you absolutely can't trust any promises he makes you about your future since even if he's in good faith they might be planning someone for you that he doesn't know about.

I had a boss once who wasn't aware mass layoffs were happening in the company that day until he saw a bunch of people crying and we told him about it. But at least no one in his department was being laid off. HHH being clowned on harder than my dumbass middle manager.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seriously why does 205 Live still exist

Like half the point of the show was to hoard indie talent and the company is actively backpedaling on that, there's like 4 guys left on the roster and the cruiserweight belt hosed off to NXT. Literally what purpose does it serve.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Benne posted:

Like half the point of the show was to hoard indie talent and the company is actively backpedaling on that, there's like 4 guys left on the roster and the cruiserweight belt hosed off to NXT. Literally what purpose does it serve.

contractual obligation

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
205 Live could work with higher weights hear me out. The TNA golden age was when they put Samoa Joe in the X-Division, the last unequivocally awesome New Japan thing to me was when they put Shingo Takagi in the Best of the Super Juniors.

Long story short put WALTER in 205 Live.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hefty Leftist posted:

This has been killing me all morning

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Benne posted:

lol remember when rich swann was going to be one of the cornerstones of 205 live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

like the only things in the post-Bryan world that have been consistent needlemovers have been the NXT women's division standouts taking over the main roster