Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

mod sassinator posted:

lol it's not going well for colleges either, despite vaccination requirements

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/duke-unc-see-unexpected-covid-19-clusters-among-vaccinated-students/19824920/

big lol at the confirmed outdoor event with all the precautions superspreader

"unexpected" lmao

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Zisky posted:

I guess one concern with getting a third shot is how to handle the record of it. Let's say "fully vaccinated" evolves to mean 3 MRNA doses, and when places check your vaxx status they need to see that reflected on your card/digital wallet. What's the plan if you got an under the table third dose?
I will manually write-in the date of my 3rd shot onto my first legit card. bing bang boop

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

mod sassinator posted:

lol it's not going well for colleges either, despite vaccination requirements

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/duke-unc-see-unexpected-covid-19-clusters-among-vaccinated-students/19824920/

big lol at the confirmed outdoor event with all the precautions superspreader

they were wearing masks! except when they weren't

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Steve Yun posted:

huh. a week ago it sounded like unions everywhere were against vaccine mandates.

It was a handful that were announcing opposition to unilateral mandates from management.

NEA member vaccination rates are like almost 90%

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Strep Vote posted:

School plan is out and the only flaw is indoor lunch. Spaced six feet in the cafeteria. Not sure what to do about this. I may put off solving it until Monday.

it seems like pack a lunch that can be eaten quickly so you can minimize the time spent with mask off. i wonder if wearing a face shield would be feasible or help too while eating

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
lmao just got invited to a local (Texas) indoor gala/auction/dinner/cocktail fundraiser for the children's museum by the museum director

"Do you and your beautiful fiancé want to get dressed up and join us this year? Sat 28th."

lmao

lol

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

We will reach a 70% vacc rate by July 4th 2023

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

In my opinion, not as a medical professional or anything, COVID is pretty bad and I would like not to get it. Thank you for your time.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
I would be shocked if the teamsters ever came out in favor of vaccination.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

jisforjosh posted:

lmao just got invited to a local (Texas) indoor gala/auction/dinner/cocktail fundraiser for the children's museum by the museum director

"Do you and your beautiful fiancé want to get dressed up and join us this year? Sat 28th."

lmao

lol

"We are auctioning off the last ICU bed available in Texas. We will start the bidding at $250k... we have $250k! Do we have $300k? $300k! $750k!! Do we have $1m? $2M!!!"

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

just had some maskless stranger walk up to my house and ring the doorbell and bang on both the front and side doors quite demandingly

pretty sure covid was at the wheel there, commanding him to go forth and spread

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

The Covid Belt?

The Infertile Crescent?

Has anyone checked to make sure the COVID isn't flowing from the Mississippi River or something?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

Hi, was directed here by the Seattle area LAN thread, had some questions about making sure I had the proper parts for my respirator setup.

I got these:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/3m/HF-803SD/11487713
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/3m/D7N11/11487711

When they arrived and I realized they didn't work as is - they don't click into eachother. I called customer service, they told me I was missing this, so I ordered it:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/3m/D701/11487724

So I'm waiting for that to arrive, but looking over things further, now I'm thinking I'm still dropping the ball somehow? Should I just forget trying to use the parts I have and buy other cartridges for the respirator, or is there a way not to waste the aceessories I already bought? For whatever I need to buy, are there any links to cartridges with filters recommended for both Covid and wildfire smoke that has the secure click attachment for the HF-803 sd? Thanks!
someone beat me to it, but i'm posting a reply anyways so if someone else needs the info, as this thread goes fast

here's the mask to buy,
https://www.zoro.com/3m-half-mask-respirator-silicone-gray-mask-size-l-hf-803sd/i/G5775543/
there's also M and S sizes
and here's the filters,
https://www.zoro.com/3m-combination-cartridgefilter-magenta-pr-d80926/i/G5774825/
or
https://www.zoro.com/3m-filter-magenta-push-to-connect-pr-d3097/i/G5758086/

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

lmfao israel is giving prisoners third shot boosters now. prisoners in israel are getting better protection than americans
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus/israel-starts-rolling-out-covid-vaccine-booster-shots-to-over-50s-1.4646529
lmao

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

mod sassinator posted:

reupload on vimeo

cspam covid thread: the documentary: the trailer, an adam curtis parody tribue

https://vimeo.com/586612480

:chanpop:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

the face of the enemy

do you ever feel inspired but, like, inspired wrong

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

pictured: every school board meeting

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
One think I hate thinking about is that we probably could have eliminated the virus entirely if we had locked down in June.

Daily New Cases in USA

look at how low we got it! there was barely any left! The vaccine had given the maximum amount of resistance it was going too, kids weren't at school, and there aren't any holidays in June. If we were like "lets loving buckle down and finish this poo poo, then we can celebrate like crazy on the 4th of July" and actually did contact tracing and every NPI we could think of it would be gone.

we could have done it

maybe next year

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

inject these stories of entire school districts closing down after crashing and burning a week into reopening straight into my veins (along with all the boosters)

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2021/08/13/ware-county-closes-all-schools-after-sharp-increase-in-covid-19-cases/

lmfao they're still doing extracurricular activities. remember last fall when we found all the sports being done outside school were huge spreaders? huh hopefully we learned from that... oh we didn't? oh well
this is all so loving stupid
will probably 'go on vacation' the first week of school so my kid can avoid the covid mines, just in time for them to decide 'oh this isn't safe' and go virtual again
then again they probably won't back down because the demands of number

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stereotype posted:

One think I hate thinking about is that we probably could have eliminated the virus entirely if we had locked down in June.

Daily New Cases in USA

look at how low we got it! there was barely any left! The vaccine had given the maximum amount of resistance it was going too, kids weren't at school, and there aren't any holidays in June. If we were like "lets loving buckle down and finish this poo poo, then we can celebrate like crazy on the 4th of July" and actually did contact tracing and every NPI we could think of it would be gone.

we could have done it

maybe next year
lol

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

mod sassinator posted:

this is more batshit wild than anything antimask karens spew at protests

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/homeland-security-warns-fresh-covid-19-restrictions-could-spark-violent-attacks-2021-08-13/

the DHS says mask mandates and such will spark more terrorism attacks

LMFAO

shut down and defund the loving DHS please

loving paywall article. here's a non paywall link if anyone cares

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i am suffering from wildfire smoke
i am suffering from coronavirus
i am suffering from combination wildfire smoke coronavirus

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Louisgod posted:

I purposefully cut my dick off and am going to the hospital a week later to see if there's anything that can be done

-america's current response to delta

The TikTok cut my dick off challenge

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Iverron posted:

30-70 split on masks in Costco, these hogs are gonna fry

loaded up on essentials, resp on order, lovely last minute prep but better than nothing
you're reading this thread and shopping now, you're doing better than 99% of the country

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1426295893754454024?s=20

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i am suffering from wildfire smoke
i am suffering from coronavirus
i am suffering from combination wildfire smoke coronavirus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RjZFP5jEs

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

mod sassinator posted:

"We are auctioning off the last ICU bed available in Texas. We will start the bidding at $250k... we have $250k! Do we have $300k? $300k! $750k!! Do we have $1m? $2M!!!"

I texted back that we were taking Delta fairly seriously now that we have a friend's 3 year old nephew on oxygen in a hospital in Austin and my vaccinated (j&j) father-in-law spent 2 weeks in the hospital with COVID at the end of July

specifically mentioned the j&j hospitalization because the person inviting me got j&j

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

By the way, if you've been sent back to the office and your county pulls one of these back-to-school attempts that crashes and burns in a week, send that news to whomever decides if you work form home or in the office. If school is virtual parents will need to be home to watch kids and it also shows it's not safe where you live. (it's not safe anywhere)

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Casey Finnigan posted:

shame that limp bizkit got sick but hey. everyone that burns has to learn from the pain

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Stereotype posted:

Daily New Cases in USA

we could have done it

maybe next year

israel got it down to 9... _nine cases_.... for in a day in june and it still didn't matter, they're up to 5,000+ or so a day now

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i absolutely hate all this half measure rules lawyering bullshit that we are doing to deal with the pandemic. the only thing we should ever be doing is all out total war "welding people in their houses, closing the airpoorts, checkpoints preventing any travel." the only possible end is zero new cases. this isn't going to be like the flu, it's too dangerous and has widespread outbreaks way too easily.

the issue is always going to be that we need to do it AFTER a big wave. crazy case numbers and seeing people coughing on street corners and overflowing hospitals and mass death is going to scare everyone with any sense inside, the government doesn't have to mandate that. the time when staying inside is hard but necessary and therefore needs to be enforced by society is after that, when cases dip way back down.

we're doing this so backwards. everything about this is so stupid. why is this nation so dumb

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:hmmyes:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Aglet56 posted:

tbh i don't understand this response at all. are you saying that there are hordes of covid cases that are going unreported because they all died before they could get a test? or that there are tons of other festivals that are super spreaders but they aren't reported on? or simply that lolla produced tons of mild or asymptomatic cases that aren't being tracked?

the latter is what makes the most sense to me, and you ain't gonna catch me at any festivals any time soon because, well, possible brain damage. but it also seems like an outlier

maybe we just need to wait longer

it’s not 1:1 but you can only track the data you have and making assumptions about the data you don’t have or whether your data is complete will easily lead to misleading conclusions. the original tweet didn’t explain methodology so it’s hard to say what exactly they’re missing but the it appears the only information they have is that they know of 200 people that both had covid and also attended lollapalooza.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I'm going to use the debug menu in SimCity classic to build a megalopolis and this thread had better have solved the coronavirus crisis by the time I get back :mad:

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Now might be a good time to start producing extra medical grade oxygen. I wonder if that's happening under the radar or if we're just going to suck and die like India despite knowing what is about to happen.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zeriel posted:

Now might be a good time to start producing extra medical grade oxygen. I wonder if that's happening under the radar or if we're just going to suck and die like India despite knowing what is about to happen.

Invoke P!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

inferis posted:

it’s not 1:1 but you can only track the data you have and making assumptions about the data you don’t have or whether your data is complete will easily lead to misleading conclusions. the original tweet didn’t explain methodology so it’s hard to say what exactly they’re missing but the it appears the only information they have is that they know of 200 people that both had covid and also attended lollapalooza.

to be clear, i think that 200 cases from lollapalooza is total bullshit; it has to be much higher. but it also doesn't appear to be setting the chicagoland area on fire... at least not yet.