Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

thehoodie posted:

Oh that's much more reasonable than fully 100%. I also find myself thinking about the game's combat 3 days after not playing it, so I may actually go back and finish up.

I dunno if there's a trophy for it or not, but there's two separate bits of graffiti for collecting and mastering every pin (and technically a third for "every other graffiti"). If there's one for 100% graffiti, then you'd need to do it for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Lotus Aura posted:

I dunno if there's a trophy for it or not, but there's two separate bits of graffiti for collecting and mastering every pin (and technically a third for "every other graffiti"). If there's one for 100% graffiti, then you'd need to do it for that.

There's a graffiti for collecting every pin and one for mastering 300 pins. So you have to collect every pin, but you don't quite have to master all of them to get every graffiti.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Wait, is there a trophy involving grafitti?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

FireWorksWell posted:

Wait, is there a trophy involving grafitti?

No, but each piece of graffiti directly correlates to a trophy. The graffiti you get for getting all other graffiti correlates to the platinum trophy, which you get for getting all other trophies.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

https://twitter.com/snacksudell/status/1426295695015768064

This man is a gift that keeps on giving

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Man putting Dives in places like getting keywords, that you then don't need to redo to progress the story in replays, is really mean! I just went through all of Week 1 Day 5 trying to find what Dive I was missing and it turns out it's right at the start with a keyword I didn't need anymore. :sigh:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Is there a way to replay as Minamimoto or to add him back into your party? I need to evolve some pins that he needs to have equipped and i… don’t know how to do that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

NieR Occomata posted:

Is there a way to replay as Minamimoto or to add him back into your party? I need to evolve some pins that he needs to have equipped and i… don’t know how to do that.

You can put him back in your party in Another Day

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

You can put him back in your party in Another Day

And the version you get there is even better stat wise than he was back at the start of the game. You still can only use 6 pin slots though so I’d recommend dumping your currently weakest member (the pin and any threads they had equipped are automatically transferred over to Sho upon switching him in)

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

we already have confirmation that game participants can be promoted to composer, which is basically an angel in middle-management. that's what makes it weirder, that the ones who oversee the reapers' game tend to be the antithesis of the people most likely to win it. the secret reports in neo already hint that the average angel is way closer to someone like kubo than, say, hanekoma

maybe there's some significance in how the game's c-suite are a bunch of detached pricks so removed from consequences that their direct participation often makes things worse for everybody

Do we know how much the game varies from place to place, there's presumably hundreds of thousands, if not millions of game areas across the world (given Shibuya and Shinjuku are separate Tokyo alone probably accounts for dozens). Maybe the game is more hosed up and elevating Kubo's in most places and Shibuya/Shinjuku are unusual. Which would help explain the other angels apparent antipathy to them.

Also yeah it's outright stated at one point you can be elevated to the higher planes/angelhood eventually.

Also also, more speculation type poo poo but I've always figured Joshua is Joshua for a reason and is probably the winner of a death game that happened in Palestine sometime around 30 AD.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

serefin99 posted:

No, but each piece of graffiti directly correlates to a trophy. The graffiti you get for getting all other graffiti correlates to the platinum trophy, which you get for getting all other trophies.

Thanks for the clarification.

Peewi posted:

There's a graffiti for collecting every pin and one for mastering 300 pins. So you have to collect every pin, but you don't quite have to master all of them to get every graffiti.

I can't check right now but wouldn't that discrepancy be because there's a good few pins that can't be mastered? The yen and material pins?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FireWorksWell posted:

Thanks for the clarification.

I can't check right now but wouldn't that discrepancy be because there's a good few pins that can't be mastered? The yen and material pins?

There's still a small amount of wiggle room:

serefin99 posted:

Close. There's 333 pins total, but that includes the yen and material pins. The actual number of masterable pins is 312. Still preferable to needing all of them (especially since I'm somehow missing Fuel To The Fire and don't feel like hunting it down), but not quite as big a cushion as it seems.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm deep in the hell that is the second Scramble Slam and god I hate it

Least favorite feature of this game easily.

At least I'm getting lots of money and scarletite.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
You still have the third to look forward to. Twice.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

hyphz posted:

You still have the third to look forward to. Twice.

W-what do you mean twice

I figured number 3 wouldn't be so bad since the points needed aren't nearly as high

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
There are only 3 areas in the third one, so you have less areas in which to get the points.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

W-what do you mean twice

I figured number 3 wouldn't be so bad since the points needed aren't nearly as high

There’s a Replay during that section (though once it happens you’re locked into the plot so it’s still really only one chance for the Scramble itself).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Okay but obviously I already did the story so the repeat isn't an issue. It was super easy just now to do the third one, took like a quarter of the time of the second since you only need 50,000 points and can do it in 2-3 chains.

And now I'm done with those forever yay

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
still haven't gotten the Photographic Memory trophy even after doing all the urban legend sidequests and the password on W1D5. are there any others that can be missed?

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
I’m nearly done but I have to know: do we finally learn what impurity is, that is, why Composers keep wanting to erase their own districts, presumably losing that status in the process?

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

hyphz posted:

I’m nearly done but I have to know: do we finally learn what impurity is, that is, why Composers keep wanting to erase their own districts, presumably losing that status in the process?

Not really, but I would love another game that explored all of that

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

hyphz posted:

Cuz they're dicks.

Besides, Composer's probably a job, not a title. Composer or not, they're still angels.

It's probably the chaos and terribleness of the modern era, considering Kitaniji's method to save Shibuya in the original was to remove all individuality.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 15, 2021

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
Bummer. That leaves a hole in the story. After the Ayano boss fight I’m wondering if it’s worth finishing. What a horrible design.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

hyphz posted:

Bummer. That leaves a hole in the story.

not really? the angels evaluate life and humanity by totally different standards than other people, evidenced by the Secret Reports from both games - Hanekoma is one of the nicest angels and even his outlook on people's lives is detached at best, judging them mainly by the "vibes" and "imagination" of their souls. whatever the angels find so distasteful about civilization, they're too aloof to bother explaining it to anyone in the lower planes, let alone in a way we'd find comprehensible

and yeah, as said above, composers have nothing to lose personally by scrubbing their territory. they just return to the higher plane and wait for other assignments. maybe fill out some paperwork, though Joshua at least constantly skives off doing his own reports

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GAH the endgame bosses on Ultimate are too hard for me. What's the best way to get STRONG

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Regy Rusty posted:

GAH the endgame bosses on Ultimate are too hard for me. What's the best way to get STRONG

Black Cat set is a pin set that shatters the game.

Also HP Boost IV is absurd. Where III is only a 35% HP boost, IV is a 100% boost. Stack that on your party members for insane defensive bulk. Regen accessories are also percentage based, and stacking enough of them with all possible HP boosts can cause you to regen around 2000 HP every 8 seconds, which gives a lot of room to screw up.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Regy Rusty posted:

Are you talking stats or pins?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rea posted:

Are you talking stats or pins?

I don't know, both probably.

I should probably just go on and get the rest of the secret reports and continue collecting other things and save these ultimate drops for later.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Also if you're trying for drops, and are forced to make chains. Try to shrink the chain as much as possible while giving yourself a good drop rate. (A 2 chain with a Blue Noise is essentially a 6x multiplier to the drop rate.) since you take more damage the longer a chain goes on. Doing a bit of wrangling with blue noise is annoying depending on the map and the position of the boss noise and the blue noise, but as long as you got the chain started, you're free to repeat the chain as much as possible.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the black cat pin set can only be completed by defeating the secret boss on normal or hard, and if you're having trouble with standard ultimate-mode bosses then that fight will kick your entire skeleton all the way to hokkaido, so that's probably not an option

however, a pin set that includes black cat blade beat soul purvis on hard and shoryu gleam phoenix cantus on hard is outrageous at racking up groove. you'll have swords and cats constantly flying around the arena and passively initiating beatdrops while the rest of your party does their own thing, and both pins also have HP Vampire, so they'll increase your survivability as well

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

Oxxidation posted:

not really? the angels evaluate life and humanity by totally different standards than other people, evidenced by the Secret Reports from both games - Hanekoma is one of the nicest angels and even his outlook on people's lives is detached at best, judging them mainly by the "vibes" and "imagination" of their souls. whatever the angels find so distasteful about civilization, they're too aloof to bother explaining it to anyone in the lower planes, let alone in a way we'd find comprehensible

I mean, that's ok, but the point is that it's something that always applies. There'd need to be a reason why it happened the one time it happened in the game. Otherwise you've got immortal beings just trying and trying again to destroy the world and being certain to eventually succeed. Basically the original looped game from NEO but for the whole world.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

hyphz posted:

I mean, that's ok, but the point is that it's something that always applies. There'd need to be a reason why it happened the one time it happened in the game. Otherwise you've got immortal beings just trying and trying again to destroy the world and being certain to eventually succeed. Basically the original looped game from NEO but for the whole world.

you'll probably want to finish playing this one before making any assumptions on that topic

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah to be clear where I am I've done Ultimate all the way up to Leo Cantus. I did manage to beat him on ultimate but didn't get the drop and didn't feel like trying again. Beyond that the bosses start completely destroying me above hard (well I've only tried Cervus Cantus so far.)

I just need to figure out where in the progression I need to go next, so I'll just keep doing the easier versions and then check out more of the Another Day fights and extra challenges.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hyphz posted:

Finish the game, that’s all I’m going to say

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Oxxidation posted:

the black cat pin set can only be completed by defeating the secret boss on normal or hard, and if you're having trouble with standard ultimate-mode bosses then that fight will kick your entire skeleton all the way to hokkaido, so that's probably not an option

however, a pin set that includes black cat blade beat soul purvis on hard and shoryu gleam phoenix cantus on hard is outrageous at racking up groove. you'll have swords and cats constantly flying around the arena and passively initiating beatdrops while the rest of your party does their own thing, and both pins also have HP Vampire, so they'll increase your survivability as well

Just FYI, Black Cat Blades does not have HP Vampire. In fact, none of the Black Cat Set have it, not even the actual Light element pin.

On the topic of getting swole, the best way of grinding stats I found was drinking coffee at Hachiko Cafe. They only give +1 ATK or +1 DEF (depending on which you're drinking) each, but at only 80 calories, you can feed each of your party members 12 of them before you get full, and 13 if you're willing to go above 100% fullness. Plus, since you're eating 12 times, that's 12 chances of getting a tasty bonus, which can further increase your stats or even your drop rate.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
For trying to farm drop rate, has anyone figured out the best place to eat at and specifically which things to eat to maximize your chance at a bonus drop rate with minimal gain in fullness?

My people are close to max stats, I just want to get my drop rate up so I can raise my level for some additional survivability.

If someone has compiled a spreadsheet of who loves which foods and what the calorie intake on those foods is I would love to see that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

serefin99 posted:

Just FYI, Black Cat Blades does not have HP Vampire. In fact, none of the Black Cat Set have it, not even the actual Light element pin.

On the topic of getting swole, the best way of grinding stats I found was drinking coffee at Hachiko Cafe. They only give +1 ATK or +1 DEF (depending on which you're drinking) each, but at only 80 calories, you can feed each of your party members 12 of them before you get full, and 13 if you're willing to go above 100% fullness. Plus, since you're eating 12 times, that's 12 chances of getting a tasty bonus, which can further increase your stats or even your drop rate.

Topo the Ingenious and Heartthrob Launcher are two good pins in that regard as they have HP Vampire II (which restores more health than the usual one), deal pretty decent damage and are easy to get (evolve The World Within and Cuddly Launcher respectively with any character).

The first one drops from puffer Noise on Easy and the other one I think you get from the second Scramble Slam and can eventually be bought from a store (I currently have about 3 Topos equipped at the moment).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 15, 2021

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
World Within/Topo the Ingenious drop from Puffers (bombs from bombs, you see)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kantesu posted:

World Within/Topo the Ingenious drop from Puffers (bombs from bombs, you see)

Ah right, fixed. However, I believe they’ll only drop it if you fight them on Easy (I could be wrong though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think it’s Easy yeah, I remember being pretty shocked that they just give you something like an HP leeching attack for the easy mode drop. But maybe that’s the point, thinking about it, huh?