Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Make Raw 2 hours again, replace the third hour with an old doc from the WWE Network library.

It's certainly not the only reason things went to poo poo but I feel like Raw going 3 hours certainly heralded the beginning of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

3rd hour should be one of those YouTube 2k feds that's like The Noid vs. Ganandorf

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Drakkel posted:

I literally don't but at this point I guess i've pissed off enough people it's not worth it anymore. Sincerely sorry that I've ruined peoples fun and will just refrain from posting any more.

Never Stop Posting. The golden rule of posting is to never stop.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't for a moment believe this considering what happens anytime AEW ever be even slightly hinted at criticized

If AEW does something bad and you say it was bad, you're fine 95% of the time. If they did something okay or decent and you suggest how they coulda done it better, your rear end is gonna get ABSOLUTELY BLASTED

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

blunt posted:

Make Raw 2 hours again, replace the third hour with an old doc from the WWE Network library.

It's certainly not the only reason things went to poo poo but I feel like Raw going 3 hours certainly heralded the beginning of it.
WWE are in Simpsons territory now. They're a known brand that will always draw an audience even if they're putting out their worst content. All the WWE has to worry about is putting out the bare minimum their contracts expect them to, and they'll still chart near the top of ratings.

As a bonus to Fox and NBC, they don't actually need to be involved with the show because the WWE are paying for and producing the rest of it. They've kinda cemented themselves as a sport while doing the bare minimum and like the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL, someone will always pay for it to be on TV because people will always watch it.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Depends on how much longer Always is

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It sounds like FOX is not really happy with the deal they've gotten so far. What with all the times they've had to drag Vince and co in front of them to explain why the ratings are poo poo, losing all the talent they were promised, telling people they're concerned about the mass-firings lately etc etc.

So based on all that and WWE's track record this all means FOX'll probably renew Smackdown and give them 5 times as much money for no apparent reason.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
my goal in life is to go from barely succeeding at like a slightly below 89 degree angle to just failing upward

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Takeover is gonna be worth it just to see WALTER and Ilja try and kill each other again

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Fox doesn't mind the ratings per say but is super unhappy they have to spend time promoting Peacock

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

is Brock supposed to return and if not what's their long-term plan after Cena and Goldberg gently caress off? Is Rock at WM actually supposed to happen or just a fan pipe dream?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It's a Vince pipe dream, but yes, all indications are that is the plan

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

is Brock supposed to return and if not what's their long-term plan after Cena and Goldberg gently caress off? Is Rock at WM actually supposed to happen or just a fan pipe dream?
Brock is living his best life in the Canadian wilderness but if Vince is going to pay him 15 million to show up a couple times then he's just going to keep buying wilderness in Canada to keep more people away from him until he owns national forest sized property until he owns like 1,000 miles of property in the wilderness and the only businesses allowed on his property are a Natty Light brewery and a butcher shop

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

RealFoxy posted:

Brock is living his best life in the Canadian wilderness but if Vince is going to pay him 15 million to show up a couple times then he's just going to keep buying wilderness in Canada to keep more people away from him until he owns national forest sized property until he owns like 1,000 miles of property in the wilderness and the only businesses allowed on his property are a Natty Light brewery and a butcher shop

Diverticulitis won't induce itself

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Fox doesn't mind the ratings per say but is super unhappy they have to spend time promoting Peacock

Is there a FOX streaming service like The Fox Den or something? With all the shows they cancelled in one season in they could have 500 shows on there. I wouldn't mind rewatching The X Files and Malcolm in the Middle to see how they hold up

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

iirc there was a $400m deal between tubi and fox but i don't know what specifically it consists of. probably turds and farts, and crap

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
oh man FOX stream would have SO MANY episodes of Cops

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Cavauro posted:

but i don't know what specifically it consists of. probably turds and farts, and crap

that's Fox Nation

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Blaise330 posted:

Is there a FOX streaming service like The Fox Den or something? With all the shows they cancelled in one season in they could have 500 shows on there. I wouldn't mind rewatching The X Files and Malcolm in the Middle to see how they hold up

That would be Disney+ I guess. :v:

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Is Rock at WM actually supposed to happen or just a fan pipe dream?

Meltzer brought that up some time ago and apparently they haven't even asked him yet, which lol.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

How long before Vince books a work-shoot angle where Steph divorces Hunter

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1427041026070380545

Blaise330 posted:

probably hulu

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Vandar posted:

Meltzer brought that up some time ago and apparently they haven't even asked him yet, which lol.

Man...what could they even build towards if the Rock falls through?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Blaise330 posted:

They sold all their streamable content to Disney, they’re just the broadcast networks, News and Sports.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Going to laugh when someone gets released and they don't edit out the person from the show

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

Going to laugh when someone gets released and they don't edit out the person from the show

That’s already happened with the other shows nobody watches, so it wouldn’t be that unexpected.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I have no sympathy for Hunter but I wonder what it's like to work your whole life to be the successor of the biggest wrestling company in the world, lose to a billionaire EWR booker, then have everything immediately taken away from you. This is some real Game of Thrones poo poo, all we're missing is Stephanie divorcing him and taking the kids while Hunter tries to rebuild the NWA with fellow loser Billy Corgan.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was less than 20 years ago he was living scared of washing out of mainstream wrestling and having to do independents in the time period between territories and when indies were respectable. if he hadn't gone completely hosed in the head he would've been more than cool with how things turned out. dumber durst dumbsley!!! meant to say less than 25 years ago. don't know why i said 20. and plus what i really should have meant was less than 30 years ago. probably because i'm dumber durst dumbsley

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 16, 2021

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Hulu was initially launched jointly by Fox and NBC Universal. Later ABC/Disney and Warner bought in so that it was 30% each to NBC, Fox, and ABC and 10% to Warner/AT&T. When Disney bought most of Fox, they got that additional 30% of Hulu so that it was 60% Disney, 30% NBC, 10% AT&T/Time Warner. Disney bought that 10% from AT&T, and NBC says they're going to sell the rest to Disney in the next couple of years.

All of the AT&T owned stuff has been moving over to HBOMax (and I guess with the spin-off/merger to Discovery Plus?), all of the NBC stuff is already migrating to Peacock, and Hulu will eventually be the service for Disney stuff that isn't "Family Friendly".

Fox the broadcast channel (and Fox Sports) are some of the few non-news things not purchased by Disney, and they recently purchased Tubi. That's presumably where Fox Entertainment shows will end up streaming, but Disney purchased all of the IP from 21st Century Fox's studios in 2019, so Fox Entertainment/Tubi will have these shows, the most famous ones being the Masked Singer, Bless the Harts, and I guess Crime Scene Kitchen? Fox doesn't own any non-sports/news shows from prior to 2019 anymore. Also as of right now Tubi is free and doesn't require you to even log in to watch poo poo. The most watched shows on Tubi are something, though there's some decent old-ish movies if you feel like streaming Memento or Terminator or Guys & Dolls or Enter the Dragon or Aliens or Superfly (both the original and the lovely remake!)

Disney now owns this list, which is most of the shows that have been successful on Fox the channel over the past 30 years (Simpsons, Family Guy, X-Files, Glee, Bones, Buffy, most seasons of Cops) plus pretty much everything on FX, plus all of the old MTM shows (Mary Tyler Moore Show, Newhart, Hill Street Blues), plus several hundred other shows, basically a shitload of stuff that will stay with Hulu/Disney Plus.

I guess the Fox Sports Live app would be the closest place that Fox could realistically stick a WWE PPV, but I don't think that's very likely and it also doesn't really seem to be set up to charge, either monthly or for individual events.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

You know they say all streaming services are created equal

Edge & Christian posted:

Hulu was initially launched jointly by Fox and NBC Universal. Later ABC/Disney and Warner bought in so that it was 30% each to NBC, Fox, and ABC and 10% to Warner/AT&T. When Disney bought most of Fox, they got that additional 30% of Hulu so that it was 60% Disney, 30% NBC, 10% AT&T/Time Warner. Disney bought that 10% from AT&T, and NBC says they're going to sell the rest to Disney in the next couple of years.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The WWE Network broke out when Netflix really was one of their only competitors for streaming services and they've managed to work themselves into a deal where I wouldn't even pay $5 for Peacock because it's worse than the WWE Network's already bad infrastructure. Bravo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ironically, part of the issue, I believe, is that Disney bought out the company that originally supplied the Network's infrastructure to do ESPN+

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Edge & Christian posted:

All of the AT&T owned stuff has been moving over to HBOMax (and I guess with the spin-off/merger to Discovery Plus?), all of the NBC stuff is already migrating to Peacock, and Hulu will eventually be the service for Disney stuff that isn't "Family Friendly".

Fox the broadcast channel (and Fox Sports) are some of the few non-news things not purchased by Disney, and they recently purchased Tubi. That's presumably where Fox Entertainment shows will end up streaming, but Disney purchased all of the IP from 21st Century Fox's studios in 2019, so Fox Entertainment/Tubi will have these shows, the most famous ones being the Masked Singer, Bless the Harts, and I guess Crime Scene Kitchen? Fox doesn't own any non-sports/news shows from prior to 2019 anymore. Also as of right now Tubi is free and doesn't require you to even log in to watch poo poo. The most watched shows on Tubi are something, though there's some decent old-ish movies if you feel like streaming Memento or Terminator or Guys & Dolls or Enter the Dragon or Aliens or Superfly (both the original and the lovely remake!)

Disney now owns this list, which is most of the shows that have been successful on Fox the channel over the past 30 years (Simpsons, Family Guy, X-Files, Glee, Bones, Buffy, most seasons of Cops) plus pretty much everything on FX, plus all of the old MTM shows (Mary Tyler Moore Show, Newhart, Hill Street Blues), plus several hundred other shows, basically a shitload of stuff that will stay with Hulu/Disney Plus.

I guess the Fox Sports Live app would be the closest place that Fox could realistically stick a WWE PPV, but I don't think that's very likely and it also doesn't really seem to be set up to charge, either monthly or for individual events.

Also in Canada and other countries without Hulu, a lot of the Hulu/Fox content ended up in a channel included with Disney+ called Star

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Ironically, part of the issue, I believe, is that Disney bought out the company that originally supplied the Network's infrastructure to do ESPN+

WWE was using the company MLB is using for its online stuff before it switched to whoever was doing the network before it shut down. They could of kept using them but switched probably cause of money

bartok
May 10, 2006

Tubi has a pretty decent collection of 70's and 80's genre films if you don't mind the occasional commercial break.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

You know they say all streaming services are created equal

Lmao

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Didn't see this posted but lol

https://twitter.com/JordynT0xicc/status/1427012108877647873

The best part are the people defending the gimmick saying that it's tailored towards kids and will be an absolutely massive merch mover, when there has been zero indication of that. Sad thing is that Nikki herself is a great wrestler but this gimmick she came up with is complete trash and dragging her down, but she's adamant about it being good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

where's waldo/wally but it's your enjoyment :D

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/BadBryanTakes/status/1427059280570634244?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I brought it up a few days ago but again, Nikki came up with her gimmick, she didn’t ask to be booked like dogshit. Take it down a notch dude, I’m sure Asuka will be back in the upper mid card soon enough.