Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1427377485507932163?s=20

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Pingui posted:

Too late, nothing to do now.

I like the part where they tut tut that scientists have been warning for months it would go endemic but you wouldn't have known that reading the NYT!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how’s everyone’s covid doing

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

hey that just happens some times

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

mod sassinator posted:

covid thread: the documentary: the trailer, an adam curtis parody tribute
https://vimeo.com/586612480

haha ooo pretty good stuff

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

lmao

I was worried when the old thread disappeared that covid was over

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

meet girls at the store posted:

Actual interaction I witnessed at a pharmacy today:

Unmasked Man: “hi I’m here to get the vaccine, it’s my first dose”
Pharm Tech: “okay, unvaccinated people need to wear a mask though, I can offer you this surgical mask for use in the store”
Unmasked Man: “I’m vaccinated”

My mans got so used to lying about his vaccination status that he forgot to stop lying when he was getting the vaccine, he lied so many times that it’s a kneejerk response now

No no no

You misunderstand

He actually was vaccinated

He was trying to snag a third dose

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Medical ethicists (such as Ezekiel Emanuel, who believes that human life should end at age 75)

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Thinking about that Italian lady who got a whole vial of undiluted Pfizer. Truly a visionary ahead of her time

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

god i loving love clone high

excellent work

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
My hospital moved up the vaccine deadline from early November to mid October. I contacted my union and they said they won't be fighting the mandate, and that exceptions will not be made for strongly held beliefs!

I wonder how many nurses and aides we're going to lose

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Lol at the Click and Clack list of names

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

inferis posted:

can we get the fake Adam curtis video in the op please?

more pls

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

There were two posts in the old thread with the timeline of the CDC mask burning party destroying the OSHA covid regulations, one of them is here. Where was the other one? Those should be preserved, with links.

I'm trying to write up a concise post with respirator info for the first page, something like the one I kept sharing for wildfire smoke. Toss me the sites that have been good for respirators recently, :rip: industrialsafety.com.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I posted about once a month in the old thread so here's my post in this new thread.

My sis is supposed to be doing in-person schooling for uni (after 1.5 years of remote or whatever) but I can't see that ending well given what's happening with delta. At least she's an adult and this isn't like all the elementary/middle/high schools forcing unvaxxed kids to show up for no reason only to shut down a week later. It's honestly kind of mind-boggling how not one of them has just said gently caress it, remote learning again without infecting like 500 students first.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just burn through the population and validate change is fixed.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
God drat it I had to go into work and missed the beginning of the new thread. Anyway:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I'm sad that I can't share this with all my friends that like Clone High because I'd have to spend hours explaining the C-SPAM and D&D parts.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

There were two posts in the old thread with the timeline of the CDC mask burning party destroying the OSHA covid regulations, one of them is here. Where was the other one? Those should be preserved, with links.

I'm trying to write up a concise post with respirator info for the first page, something like the one I kept sharing for wildfire smoke. Toss me the sites that have been good for respirators recently, :rip: industrialsafety.com.

You mean this one? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3926175&pagenumber=6166&perpage=40#post515856329

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

c-spam film festival when

i can't work without a deadline

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Clocks posted:

I posted about once a month in the old thread so here's my post in this new thread.

My sis is supposed to be doing in-person schooling for uni (after 1.5 years of remote or whatever) but I can't see that ending well given what's happening with delta. At least she's an adult and this isn't like all the elementary/middle/high schools forcing unvaxxed kids to show up for no reason only to shut down a week later. It's honestly kind of mind-boggling how not one of them has just said gently caress it, remote learning again without infecting like 500 students first.

Because there is no support from above, every school principal or superintendent that stuck their neck out to do the right thing last year got cut down. So this time even if they know shits gonna get bad they feel they have to wait until it happens and then they can pull the trigger on remote.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

this one too: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3926175&pagenumber=6162&perpage=40#post515845869

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Reality starting to get a bit too spicy for CNN to keep propping up Biden:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/16/politics/joe-biden-afghanistan-border-masks-covid-19/index.html posted:

Joe Biden is facing a crisis of competence
(..)
Remember back in May, Biden announced that the CDC had said vaccinated people no longer needed to wear masks indoors -- a development he described as a "great milestone?" Just two months later, however, Biden was forced to reverse himself amid a surge in cases caused by the Delta variant.

And while Biden was congratulating himself and the country this spring on the number of people who had been vaccinated against Covid-19, his administration came up short of its oft-stated goal of 70% of eligible adults with at least one shot of the vaccine by July 4.

To be clear: The rise of the Delta variant -- fueled by the still-unvaccinated and by many Republican governors refusing to follow guidance to mitigate the continued spread -- can't be laid entirely (or even mostly) at Biden's feet.

But there's no question that the dominant narrative of the late spring -- the Biden administration's competent management of a nationwide vaccine program and the retreat of the virus -- has taken a major hit.
(..)
Getting ahead of the blame game is probably a good idea, if you are CNN.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

man it sure sucks that quoting posts from the old thread is disabled because some dumbass gassed it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Thoguh posted:

I'm sad that I can't share this with all my friends that like Clone High because I'd have to spend hours explaining the C-SPAM and D&D parts.

Just enjoy it on a level that only a few can appreciate

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sunny Side Up posted:

Children are significantly more prone to Long Covid than adults

Wait, what did I miss? Study claiming the exact opposite just made the rounds in Danish media a few days ago. :lmao:

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Thoguh posted:

LUCKY DUCKY! I still had AE open ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://i.imgur.com/8UB61OB.mp4

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

everything Rubby goes in OP too gd it

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

New COVID thread hit the ground running.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

U-DO Burger posted:

man it sure sucks that quoting posts from the old thread is disabled because some dumbass gassed it

Lmfao who did that, was a jackass

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Got my third dose today. Still have to act as if I'm not vaccinated at all. Good plan. Great country.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i checked “no” on that box. they still gave me the shot, no questions asked.

moderna hit like a truck god drat

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rubby posted:

LUCKY DUCKY! I still had AE open ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://i.imgur.com/8UB61OB.mp4

Thanks.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Pingui posted:

Reality starting to get a bit too spicy for CNN to keep propping up Biden:

Getting ahead of the blame game is probably a good idea, if you are CNN.

if I had chris "the news Labrador" cillizza questioning my competence, I'd throw myself off a cliff :thunk:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gio posted:

i checked “no” on that box. they still gave me the shot, no questions asked.

moderna hit like a truck god drat

super-sized 100uG dose much better deal than Pfizer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
*frantically searches for thread*

SNAP!CRACKL-!PING!

*finds new thread*

~IT'S-CO VID NINE-TEEN~