Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

SplitSoul posted:

Wait, what did I miss? Study claiming the exact opposite just made the rounds in Danish media a few days ago. :lmao:

UK data over the last like forever

Iirc first conclusions were 10-12% of infected kids (whether symptomatic or asymptomatic) get long covid but most recent estimate I saw ballparked it at 8%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
sacrificing our children for brunch, the america story

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

lmao perfect

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Google Butt posted:

Lmfao who did that, was a jackass

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926175&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=7193#post517004230

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

You also want to do the gamefaqs speedrun before boomer boosters get approved and suck up all the available supply over the next few months.

Also after getting shot will hold up the line by trying to pay for the purchases with a paper check.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol thoguh you dingus

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

All three shots on one card :clint:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

etalian posted:

You also want to do the gamefaqs speedrun before boomer boosters get approved and suck up all the available supply over the next few months.

Also after getting shot will hold up the line by trying to pay for the purchases with a paper check.

If America ends up with like 30-40% positivity at some point, basically everyone in line for a shot will be positive

And the shots won't work since they're positive

That might be a problem

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We'll need drive up COVID clinics everywhere to save everyone from breathing in COVID at CVS

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
I have a stupid question: is it worth getting like a t-dap booster or something to like, rev up your immune system if you’re not able to get a third dose of slut juice yet?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Antidepressant dose upped.
Weed Rx got.

I'm ready. Actually probably not at all but this is all I can do for now lol wild times

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

meet girls at the store posted:

I have a stupid question: is it worth getting like a t-dap booster or something to like, rev up your immune system if you’re not able to get a third dose of slut juice yet?

Ha ha yes also big beautiful MMR

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

U-DO Burger posted:

lol thoguh you dingus

It's fixed now.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

BONGHITZ posted:

SUCK AND gently caress

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

9 ambulance sirens since morning. i don't live next to a hospital. cool and normal

edit: 10

edit: 11

corona familiar fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 16, 2021

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

skewetoo posted:

Antidepressant dose upped.
Weed Rx got.

I'm ready. Actually probably not at all but this is all I can do for now lol wild times

Im doing great thanks for asking!

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Seems bad (also skipped two states, as the point of the article was insufferable):

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/16/we-are-on-fire-five-us-states-set-new-records-for-covid-cases-as-hospitalizations-rise-.html posted:

‘We are on fire’*: Five U.S. states set new records for Covid cases as hospitalizations rise
(..)
Louisiana recorded an average of 126 cases per 100,000 residents as of Sunday, more than three times the national average, while Mississippi and Florida averaged 110 and 101 cases per 100,000 residents, respectively, according to the data.

“We’re in the middle of the summer, people are gathering again with people, they’re in large groups, the vaccine has given a false sense of security in some ways to people, and they forget,” Dr. Perry Halkitis, dean of the Rutgers School of Public Health, told CNBC in an interview.
(..)
Louisiana
The surging delta variant has hit the Gulf Coast particularly hard, pushing hospitals to their limits. To try to curb the outbreak in Louisiana, officials in July recommended masks indoors for everyone, regardless of whether or not they were vaccinated. They reintroduced a statewide mask mandate on Aug. 2 after it was obvious that wasn’t working and cases kept climbing.
(..)
Mississippi
Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves, a Republican, pleaded Friday with residents to get vaccinated as the state scrambles to hire hundreds of temporary doctors, nurses and EMTs.

He’s also requested ventilators from the Strategic National Stockpile as the spread of the delta variant fills hospitals in the state with mostly unvaccinated patients. Almost 55% of Mississippi’s ICU beds were filled with Covid patients as of Monday, and the state’s seven-day average of nearly 3,300 new coronavirus cases as of Sunday jumped 57% from a week ago.
(..)
Florida
Florida reported a record 151,764 new Covid cases for the week on Friday, reaching a new seven-day average of 21,681 cases per day — more than any other state. More than half of the ICU beds in the state are occupied by Covid patients, according to HHS data.
(..)
*not to be confused with the states that are literally on fire.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

McNugget Buddy posted:

If America ends up with like 30-40% positivity at some point, basically everyone in line for a shot will be positive

And the shots won't work since they're positive

That might be a problem

Yeah that's gonna be a problem. Also like hell am I gonna sit around breathing COVID air for 15 minutes before getting cleared to leave.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

meet girls at the store posted:

MMR/TDAP/Pneumovax have all shown some sort of benefit - even a study came out recently saying people who had a flu shot last year had less severe COVID

MMR definitely is the leading candidate for "might actually do something" since most kids have 2 shots of it and COVID largely doesn't effect them - a study came out last year tying high Mumps titers to less severe COVID

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

I dunno. You're what, 26th, 27th? Looks like you barely kept pace last time. I'm thinking I crack top 20 this go around.

i hit a posting slump due to being even more broke brained and depressed than usual for a few months. now I'm just as broke brained and depressed but i am posting a lot again

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

covid will never be over

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
pandemic of the un-triple vaccinated

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my claim to fame on the something awful forums will be 'guy who posted 'lmao' a lot in the covid threads from 2020-2058'

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Thoguh posted:

It's fixed now.

:toot:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

The singularity is when the covid, Econ, and uap threads combine

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

my claim to fame on the something awful forums will be 'guy who posted 'lmao' a lot in the covid threads from 2020-2058'

making it all the way to NG++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ before finally succumbing, quite an ambitious game plan

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

10000 unread posts in last thread from August alone
gonna assume it’s all stories about legendary summer suck’n’gently caress at obama party, sturgis, and Juggalo gatherings
god bless

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

corona familiar posted:

9 ambulance sirens since morning. i don't live next to a hospital. cool and normal

edit: 10

edit: 11

on npr today they had some story about how the emergency responder system is being overloaded and then joking said "have you tried calling 911 lately?" and i did not think that was very funny

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Pingui posted:

Seems bad (also skipped two states, as the point of the article was insufferable):

*not to be confused with the states that are literally on fire.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Stevie Lee posted:

pandemic of the un-triple vaccinated

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/grace_panetta/status/1427355824050118665

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i got turned away from CVS yesterday while trying to get a third shot even tho I literally told them i was immunocompromised

not as fool-proof as you would think

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pingui posted:

Reality starting to get a bit too spicy for CNN to keep propping up Biden:

Getting ahead of the blame game is probably a good idea, if you are CNN.

everyone in the national media is too busy blaming biden for losing our unwinnable forever war to care that we're going to get 9/11's every day again from him loving up covid

just lmao thinking about wolf blitzer or jake tapper tearing themselves away from sucking off drones long enough to have their cnn shows cover this

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i got turned away from CVS yesterday while trying to get a third shot even tho I literally told them i was immunocompromised

I have a feeling a lot of people are starting to do it and they are catching wise

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Book online

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pingui posted:

Reality starting to get a bit too spicy for CNN to keep propping up Biden:

Getting ahead of the blame game is probably a good idea, if you are CNN.

lmao cspam was saying biden was going to eat all of the covid deaths last year.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Sunny Side Up posted:

UK data over the last like forever

Iirc first conclusions were 10-12% of infected kids (whether symptomatic or asymptomatic) get long covid but most recent estimate I saw ballparked it at 8%

whew thank god. that's all right then :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
It’s really not as easy, tried two rite aids. The first one told me they didn’t have enough vaccine for boosters (wtf)? The second one grilled me on my eligibility (what condition I have, what drugs I’m taking etc). She said there were only 6 conditions that qualified for the shot but right after I qualified they were cool and let me do a walk in.