Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Do you debut him as a villain and he cuts a "YOU PEOPLE" promo or a babyface and get him booed for being a traitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

either way make sure to constantly call him a rookie and tell him, "welcome to the big leagues"

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Blaise330 posted:

I wanna see the pure venom if Hangman never wins the aew title then signs with WWE. Like we're way beyond top 10 anime betrayals territory

If that happened I would be super loving sad and probably be done with wrestling, honestly.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Shrimpy posted:

Nikki ASH convinces Corbin to follow her lead after his string of bad luck. He becomes Corbin ASH and wins the title.

Books itself.

After seeing the heartfelt response after the Miro match on Rampage WWE tries to create their own feel good story by repackaging Nia Jax as Fuego del Hole.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
"Oh boy it's the Headsman Adam Page and he's here to do COWBOY STUFF!"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

* and even then it's debateable.
I think that flat number on the contract is still higher in WWE.

But you have fewer options for outside revenue streams which now includes working for both indies and other middle to major promotions, a worse merch split, worse merch that is slower to be produced, worse travel demands and higher travel costs. And that's assuming you're main roster seeing main roster pay, whereas rumor says NXT call ups are weird halfsie deals.

If you don't want to hustle and you're good at minimizing travel costs, you make more in WWE. But if you don't want to hustle, you probably don't want to gently caress around with travel costs...

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Tweak posted:

either way make sure to constantly call him a rookie and tell him, "welcome to the big leagues"

I loved when Dolph was feuding with Bobby Roode and he kept calling him rookie and kid. And this was in interviews where he was complimenting Roode, this wasn't heel heat or sarcasm. Roode was like 40 during the feud.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Spiderdrake posted:

I think that flat number on the contract is still higher in WWE.

But you have fewer options for outside revenue streams which now includes working for both indies and other middle to major promotions, a worse merch split, worse merch that is slower to be produced, worse travel demands and higher travel costs. And that's assuming you're main roster seeing main roster pay, whereas rumor says NXT call ups are weird halfsie deals.

If you don't want to hustle and you're good at minimizing travel costs, you make more in WWE. But if you don't want to hustle, you probably don't want to gently caress around with travel costs...

My god if Xavier left WWE and we saw him at full strength hustle.....

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Compare this to the original art that Nikki posted.

https://twitter.com/NikkiCrossWWE/status/1407382076685422592?t=mqIJyCBu756kwtJAGwSj5A&s=19

Whether you like the design or not, it captures something about the character. You could imagine it as a comic about a girl who thinks she's a superhero and gets into all sorts of scrapes.

The t-shirt on the other hand is a baby playing dress-up.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the original looks like a tertiary character on the cheaply and quickly produced netflix animated series of somebody who prestigiously had a failed animated pilot on Fox once. feeling a little bit aggrieved about this but in a cool way

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just fooling around. i commend nikki for whatever she did to "con vince." kidding again with the word play, like convince. not that many people in the middle and lower card seem to be able to get their vision approved, so it is indeed a shame that it was vince who conned her! have a good day or good rest, everybody

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Cavauro posted:

not that many people in the middle and lower card seem to be able to get their vision approved

Darren Young somehow got them to do a storyline he had been pitching for years where Bob Backlund is his life coach. Every moment of it was horrible, the skype promos were horrible, when they were together it was horrible, the ending to his IC title match with The Miz was one of the most confusing and clusterfuck things in wrestling history and lead to Darren getting released

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
The one she posted looks like some kind of weird Family Guy fan art.

As opposed to all the normal Family Guy fan art everyone knows and loves.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Compare this to the original art that Nikki posted.

https://twitter.com/NikkiCrossWWE/status/1407382076685422592?t=mqIJyCBu756kwtJAGwSj5A&s=19

Whether you like the design or not, it captures something about the character. You could imagine it as a comic about a girl who thinks she's a superhero and gets into all sorts of scrapes.

The t-shirt on the other hand is a baby playing dress-up.

they both suck

WOAT gimmick

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
its less "I wanna be a superhero" and more "I wanna be a 1960s superhero". Whyyy this corny PBS poo poo

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

lmao if Cena turns heel and wins on Saturday

creatively bankrupt company

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If they do turn Cena heel, go full bore. Just go all the drat way into supernatural territory and give him solid black eyeballs and make him ten times stronger than he actually is. Replace his theme music with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pExZ6b3rN0M

Nobody can stop him until WALTER shows up and knife edge chops him into another realm.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Others have pointed this out, but it's early 90s execution, which doesn't work in 2021.

Marvel and DC are huge money, a person lamely liking super heroes doesn't gel when people giving love Marvel.

Plus the constant losing.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 17, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nikki should go full 90s, get super jacked, wear a ton of unnecessary pouches, have glowing eyes, and never show her feet.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Nikki should go full 90s, get super jacked, wear a ton of unnecessary pouches, have glowing eyes, and never show her feet.

Pouches within pouches, and also a massive sword made out of a helicopter blade.

And a sidekick who is a talking cat or something.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Nikki jumps off the top rope and delivers an entire 500 word monologue before frog splashing her opponent.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Also, she suffers from an alien technovirus and is occasionally seen backstage injecting a neon fluid into her neck to treat it. If she goes too long without the medicine, her veins become bright purple and more pronounced.

Her finisher is a Gotch piledriver off the top rope.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1427462759785058311

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Gonz posted:

Also, she suffers from an alien technovirus and is occasionally seen backstage injecting a neon fluid into her neck to treat it. If she goes too long without the medicine, her veins become bright purple and more pronounced.

Her finisher is a Gotch piledriver off the top rope.

Weird how she'd base her character on Brian Cage's real life.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Absolute masterclass is how to get nobody over.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

Absolute masterclass is how to get nobody over.

It's actually the SMARK fans to blame for not being able to appreciate Vince's vision

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So I just read a recap of the show, but WWE's strategy in the lead-up show for their second-largest PPV is to have the face Women's champ job clean, twice, to each of the heel challengers' finishers in one night?

What the gently caress.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Breetai posted:

So I just read a recap of the show, but WWE's strategy in the lead-up show for their second-largest PPV is to have the face Women's champ job clean, twice, to each of the heel challengers' finishers in one night?

What the gently caress.

She's only almost a super hero

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
This isn't marvel or dc, this is a paw patrol coloring book

Lamuella posted:

Nikki jumps off the top rope and delivers an entire 500 word monologue before frog splashing her opponent.

Nikki going full Great Saiyaman would be too much character.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

please respect bianca and sasha and everyone they've been near for 2 weeks' privacy

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol @ being the champ and losing twice in non-title matches to different people, therefore establishing her irrelevance immediately

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I got some old WWF vhs tapes and on one was the episode of Smackdown where the Radicalz first compete in the ring and they get straight up jobbed out by DX.

Sure, DX cheats a little bit but most of the time commentary sells it as “THESE PATHETIC WRESTLERS CAME OVER HERE TO PROVE THEIR WORTH AND THEY loving LOST LIKE LITTLE BITCHES NOW THEY DONT HAVE A JOB.” It’s a wonder some of those dudes ever made it and got over because holy poo poo, what an awful intro to the company.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Wanna go back in time to Fiend/Finn at SummerSlam 2019 and tell myself that this in two years will lead up to a match between Alexa Bliss and Eva Marie that involves a puppet that can wink.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Now what we've seen what it's like - imagine a WWF that treated people like stars when they came over from WCW and ECW. What you're imagining is a god

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

Wanna go back in time to Fiend/Finn at SummerSlam 2019 and tell myself that this in two years will lead up to a match between Alexa Bliss and Eva Marie that involves a puppet that can wink.

Also the Fiend got fired and Finn was demoted and then re-promoted, and it's hard to say who had it worse

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Digital Jedi posted:

RAW!!!!!!!!!

Reggie visits the park
https://streamable.com/i416se

God this is depressing. The Metabolic Bros. was more dignified than this. Does Tozawa even wrestle real matches anymore?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The worst part of WWE isn't that it's bad, although it is VERY bad.

The worst part is how loving lazy it is. Segments get repeated not only week to week but show to show. Sometimes you'll get the same segment with different people twice in the same show. Skits will start at the premise and then... just finish. No punchline, no joke, just stuff happening.

They don't care. As long as it fill some time, they do not give a poo poo what gets put on TV.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What the gently caress

https://twitter.com/MithGifs/status/1427626138730438664?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

oh god, he doubled down

https://twitter.com/MACEtheWRESTLER/status/1425954422744621065

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I got some old WWF vhs tapes and on one was the episode of Smackdown where the Radicalz first compete in the ring and they get straight up jobbed out by DX.

Sure, DX cheats a little bit but most of the time commentary sells it as “THESE PATHETIC WRESTLERS CAME OVER HERE TO PROVE THEIR WORTH AND THEY loving LOST LIKE LITTLE BITCHES NOW THEY DONT HAVE A JOB.” It’s a wonder some of those dudes ever made it and got over because holy poo poo, what an awful intro to the company.
Eddie and Saturn were supposed to win the tag match, but Eddie broke his arm mid match and called an audible.