Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I’ve been trying to find remote work too. I had an excellent shot and was preferred candidate but then company knew somebody at the last min willing to relocate.

I’m in intl logistics/supply chain if that matters to any lurkers here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

just got a flurry of HR emails looking to fill positions like paras, classroom aide, long term subs, building subs, etc.

it's not looking good, folks

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Real Mean Queen posted:

Submerge your child in a bathtub of deer ticks safely!

Detect Lyme disease at home with an FDA-approved test, plus other safety essentials

it's so much Lyme disease as quicklime, tbh

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Approximately 15 hours post booster, my arm is pretty sore. No flu-like symptoms or anything like that tho.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Tampa school case tracker. Holy poo poo at yesterday.

There’s an emergency meeting tomorrow because 5k kids are now sent home because they were exposed to someone with it.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Lawlicaust posted:

There’s an emergency meeting tomorrow because 5k kids are now sent home because they were exposed to someone with it.

lol one kid can just waltz around campus and shut it all down

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lawlicaust posted:

lmao at the reversed time axis

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

people changed before the cdc said anything lmao

The mass of normal people are cautious about this and taking steps to protect themselves.

The "gotta live my life" crowd is an extremely vocal minority that the media gives way too much airtime to because ???????

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

why are kids 12+ allowed to go to school without being vaccinated

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

lmao at the reversed time axis

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The mass of normal people are cautious about this and taking steps to protect themselves.

The "gotta live my life" crowd is an extremely vocal minority that the media gives way too much airtime to because ???????

It’s because of capitalism, OP.

Apr 7, 2003

Jon Irenicus posted:

just got a flurry of HR emails looking to fill positions like paras, classroom aide, long term subs, building subs, etc.

Pittsburgh Public Schools is pushing the start of the school year back two weeks because they're short over 400 (!!) bus drivers.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Excuse me it is probatable to even suggest that any decision like this would come from the executive branch and not handed down with absolutely zero interaction between the FDA, which makes the decisions in thier cloister, and any political influencer.

Uh the probes weren't for discussing the booster, they were for Tearin up of Rules.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Lot of stuff cut out that we already know. Good money shot though:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/08/grim-warning-israel-vaccination-blunts-does-not-defeat-delta posted:

A grim warning from Israel: Vaccination blunts, but does not defeat Delta
(..)
Yet boosters are unlikely to tame a Delta surge on their own, says Dvir Aran, a biomedical data scientist at Technion. In Israel, the current surge is so steep that “even if you get two-thirds of those 60-plus [boosted], it’s just gonna give us another week, maybe 2 weeks until our hospitals are flooded.” He says it’s also critical to vaccinate those who still haven’t received their first or second doses, and to return to the masking and social distancing Israel thought it had left behind—but has begun to reinstate.

Aran’s message for the United States and other wealthier nations considering boosters is stark: “Do not think that the boosters are the solution.”

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
drat. I saw a headline saying a nearby county had a shortage of 100 drivers starting the school year, and I though that sounded bad. Needing 400 drivers sounds like everyone's walking.

Apr 7, 2003

lol Israel was the success story

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Jon Irenicus posted:

My teacher friend has a last minute emergency union meeting last night, which I'm sure was interesting

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Would be nice to live in a functional state

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

drat. I saw a headline saying a nearby county had a shortage of 100 drivers starting the school year, and I though that sounded bad. Needing 400 drivers sounds like everyone's walking.

yeah if you're missing a hundred drivers you're not going to solve that by delaying school for a bit

write off the whole school year!!!

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
I know Israel has a high amount of their population vaccinated, but what is their mask wearing and/or lockdown situation like? Is there any explanation for their wave other than Delta is managing to breakthrough?

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
:stare:

gently caress capitalism

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

skewetoo posted:

Would be nice to live in a functional state

*Carol Kaye bassline starts*

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I know Israel has a high amount of their population vaccinated, but what is their mask wearing and/or lockdown situation like? Is there any explanation for their wave other than Delta is managing to breakthrough?

AFAIK Israel re-implemented a mask mandate (while in-doors) since June 25

"Under the new orders, private gatherings are to be capped at 100 people outdoors and 50 people indoors, while at event venues, the cap will be 500 outdoors and 400 indoors. Additionally, no event can surpass 75 percent of a venue’s full capacity.

Mass events where there are no marked seats will be capped at 1,000 people indoors and 5,000 people outdoors.

Face masks will be mandatory in all closed spaces, apart from one’s place of residence, as well as in outdoor gatherings of at least 100 people. Masks are already mandatory in public indoor spaces."

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

lol. had to wait 2 days for a curbside pickup at walmart. then i didn't even get half my order because so much poo poo was sold out. there were cops diligently guarding the entrance to scare away thieves

everything is fine, in florida

Apr 7, 2003

osprey posted:

lol. had to wait 2 days for a curbside pickup at walmart. then i didn't even get half my order because so much poo poo was sold out. there were cops diligently guarding the entrance to scare away thieves

everything is fine, in florida

I ordered a lovely GE side-by-side refrigerator because mine keeps icing up.

It's backordered for at least four months. Put my name in, paid, and it'll show up eventually like a latter-day Trabant. cool.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Forseti posted:

:stare:

gently caress capitalism

that’s pretty sad and also very relatable

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

How the current wave in Israel started. A story in two parts:

Pingui posted:

Follow-up (edit: 5 days later):

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-2nd-israeli-school-outbreak-in-a-week-44-kids-diagnosed-with-coronavirus/ posted:

In 2nd school outbreak, 44 kids catch COVID — apparently the Delta variant
Northern town of Binyamina-Giv’at Ada says contagion appeared to come from people who arrived from abroad; school won’t open Sunday, the last day of classes before summer
(..)
The report said several adults who were infected in the school outbreaks were vaccinated.
(..)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the bougie grocery store in town now requires masks and has someone outside enforcing it

normal grocery stores still a zombie hellscape

Apr 7, 2003

Pingui posted:

How the current wave in Israel started. A story in two parts:

hehe. lol

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

I haven't gone to a restaurant since March of 2020, I no longer give a gently caress about any of that and I'll never eat out again like I used to do all the time. I openly look down on the loving morons who are risking their lives for that garbage.

It was never about the food; eating out is about reinforcing your place in America's caste system as the served, not the server.

same, agreed, gently caress the restaurant industry

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I like paying money for hot, good food, but I'm not doing it during a pandemic. It's not a caste system lmao.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
so it looks like their mask compliance is good, but otherwise it's open biden. this doesn't bode well.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Shocking!

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/08/17/1027454405/covid-mask-mandate-school-gyms-bars-grocery-slow-spread-coronavirus posted:

Even Moderate COVID Restrictions Can Slow The Spread Of The Virus — If They're Timely

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

smoobles posted:

I like paying money for hot, good food, but I'm not doing it during a pandemic. It's not a caste system lmao.

Never worked retail?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/fordm/status/1427628021121527808

This seems like an unequal comparison because it's not just about "some school board meetings are calm", but about what those school board meetings result in.

Like, sure, mask mandates poll well, but does that polling result in a majority of schools/school districts implementing mask mandates?

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Der Meister posted:

that’s pretty sad and also very relatable

Cool that almost everyone around us must have been baffled that Midas was sad when he turned his daughter into gold :smith:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

skewetoo posted:

Never worked retail?

Do you believe nobody got paid minimum wage (or less!) in the supply chain of your home cooked meal?

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

mastershakeman posted:

Would you rather they talk about ivermectin

Wait are you grudge posting about when I was making fun of you for talking about ivermectin or is this just a weird coincidence

Apr 7, 2003

smoobles posted:

The pandemic pushed dining out numbers back to 1980s levels, ie dining out has absolutely loving exploded since the 1980s in the US for a bunch of reasons including wallpapering over a real economy that poo poo the bed.

If you're a median middle class white collar worker in America, you don't have a lot of outlets to spend your $66K median household income today like you could in the past. My wife's grandma used to take weekend trips to New York City to go see Broadway theater; most Americans can't afford that anymore even if they live close enough to drive to Manhattan.

They certainly aren't traveling to Europe or any other number of middle class signifiers that were a thing 40-60 years ago.

Eating out is what they've got left to show that they're members of the privileged class, and when their servants opt out of being servants they go apeshit over it.

https://twitter.com/scratchbomb/status/1426222536560361476

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pittsburgh Public Schools is pushing the start of the school year back two weeks because they're short over 400 (!!) bus drivers.

“It’s been months since I checked that school bus driver channel I watch sometimes.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ZLOFPTURE

We’re so hosed.