Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

first trunp thread was like 14000 pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/jerseyjazzman/status/1427655312727805956

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I haven't gone to a restaurant since March of 2020, I no longer give a gently caress about any of that and I'll never eat out again like I used to do all the time. I openly look down on the loving morons who are risking their lives for that garbage.

It was never about the food; eating out is about reinforcing your place in America's caste system as the served, not the server.
yeah

i've been to restaurants to pick up to-go orders and that's it
i'll probably never eat out again unless it's to just go to a bar for a few drinks in say 2027

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

skewetoo posted:

Would be nice to live in a functional state

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

That's a lot of Trump!

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
Or an Instant Pot

I made like 6 pounds of red beans and rice on friday and I got a ton of healthy meals out of it.

$1 2lb bag of brown rice (this is too much rice for the record)
$1 1lb bag of kidney beans
$1 1lb bag of small red beans
$1 can of spinach to mix in
I forget how much the low sodium vegetable broth was I used to cook them (maybe two bucks at most) but other than some salt pepper and soy sauce that was it. It was fantastic, even the picky people I gave them to were raving

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

titty_baby_ posted:

I guess my opinion was too brave for the ccp sponsored posters

gently caress off

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

osprey posted:

good advice that I want for later

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/16/well/live/vaccine-long-covid-breakthrough-infection.html?referringSource=articleShare

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Last night I was dancing with someone on day 2 of a destination super spreader no drama wedding and she said to me "doesnt it feel good to be back to NORMAL?!"

Lol they didnt have hand sanitizer anywhere, no one wore a mask or even mentioned covid, and the bathrooms didnt have soap!

I looked really good though so that's a plus

euphronius posted:

They closed the old covid thread to hide something, probably my good posting and everyone elses bad posting

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 17, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
we passed another masked family on the hiking trail and it was the first time that's ever happened where it wasn't "oh poo poo they have masks we need to put ours on too" from 10' out.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

OK baizuo posted:

Entirely predictable and it just keeps happening lol, what a country

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's incredible how we were handed a cheat code such that everyone in this forum, doomers through and through, sighed a sigh of relief, and then... nobody loving got it. lmao. hahahahhahaha.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Raiad posted:

i couldn't imagine that the load bearing slurs holding our forums together could support more than 5000 pages in a thread, it's amazing that they held together as long as they did with the last thread

I don’t understand why the software has trouble with long threads.

It only has to display one page at a time. There shouldn’t be a dependence on what’s on on every other page.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

source: covidactnow.org
lol rip Wyoming

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

as an aside if the ccp would like to sponsor me I am available

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I did indoor dining like twice post vaccination, pre delta, when our rates were really low here. Since then tho its pretty much outdoors or take out only.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Similarly I will endorse any country that pays me and or provides a functional state in which to live in and prosper

Serf
May 5, 2011

comrade xi may be a dirty revisionist, but he can still pay me to say nice things about china i guess

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Tzen posted:

lol rip Wyoming

Wyo dont care most of that is empty anyway :laugh:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

titty_baby_ posted:

sorry your reddit-tier braingenius posting is too powerful for this forum

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

skewetoo posted:

Similarly I will endorse any country that pays me and or provides a functional state in which to live in and prosper

euphronius posted:

as an aside if the ccp would like to sponsor me I am available

Serf posted:

comrade xi may be a dirty revisionist, but he can still pay me to say nice things about china i guess

4thing, Chinese state media plz add me to your shortlist.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The answer will be to just stop doing quarantine.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

crepeface posted:

sorry your reddit tier brain genius posting is too powerful for this forum

Buddy I'm not sure why you'd think I was a genius, have you read my posts???

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/status/1427459604921950214
in case you were wondering why Florida is dying (aside from the obvious)

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

No fighting in the covid thread only calm or labored breathing.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

im going to walk in and ask for a booster today.

im not going to lie, I'm just going to ask for it and see what they say.

im going to go in scrubs and just let the pharmacy techs make their own conclusions

will report back.
good luck, awaiting your trip report

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

titty_baby_ posted:

I did indoor dining like twice post vaccination, pre delta, when our rates were really low here. Since then tho its pretty much outdoors or take out only.

this is all your fault, thanks a lot

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

the bar rescue guy created a restaurant where they just microwave everything so he doesn't have to employ cooks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMXt223tqOg

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Nothus posted:

The answer will be to just stop doing quarantine.

yeah lol our school board decided to not require quarantine for exposed students

Apr 7, 2003

Platystemon posted:

I don’t understand why the software has trouble with long threads.

It only has to display one page at a time. There shouldn’t be a dependence on what’s on on every other page.

The jump to page dropdown annihilates the servers if a thread gets too long.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

titty_baby_ posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
lol wait yall gettin paid to post????

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Counting a fat stack of renminbi

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
finally a government that requires masks

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Tzen posted:

lol wait yall gettin paid to post????

This is one thing that really pisses me off about something awful, the hiding of systems to new users.

ATTN if you arent getting paid to post or havent set up your auto deposit post system just message any mod, they'll link your SA acc to a Visa cash card. Easiest money ever

Serf
May 5, 2011

i still remember back when covid was kicking off there were all those breathless takes about how this was the end of china, empty ports as they shut down, 4chan made corona-chan and spun wild conspiracy theories about millions of untallied dead burned in mass cremations based off phone subscriptions

lmao

they locked their poo poo down for like a month and were fine and now we're the ones suffering

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hadlock posted:

What is the effacacy drop on pfizer? I haven't heard of this and I'm fairly read up on these things? I thought so anyways

Titer data for US/Israel dosing (3 weeks between first and second shot):

McNugget Buddy fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 17, 2021

Apr 7, 2003

Serf posted:

i still remember back when covid was kicking off there were all those breathless takes about how this was the end of china, empty ports as they shut down, 4chan made corona-chan and spun wild conspiracy theories about millions of untallied dead burned in mass cremations based off phone subscriptions

lmao

they locked their poo poo down for like a month and were fine and now we're the ones suffering

Reminder that we could lock our poo poo down for a month and be fine, too. At any point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Reminder that we could lock our poo poo down for a month and be fine, too. At any point.

in theory, yes. but in practice, no. the political will to do that does not exist, and if anyone tried it i think it would blow up in their face in the most hilarious way possible. can you imagine, looking at florida now, what the compliance rate would be with an order to lock down?