Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
XB-70 episode

I'm fuckin hype, let's have a boondoggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Just finished the Yeltsin coup series that was Pretty loving wild

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Has John ever done a travel guide?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

He tends to do little travelogues of the historical sites he visits in the newsletter.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
John ripping into that Po-lish thing in the Poe newsletter is good. That was gross and reminded me too much of my time reading stuff like that in uni.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
As great as RWN is, I really miss Dolan's writing as well. The few things I've seen of his newsletter were great.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
new ep about Assange :getin:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i think mao recalled during one of his meetings with kissinger that the egyptians didn't like mao talking to him because he was a jew, but mao was like "yeah but he's not as pro-israel as you think he is, they're not all the same, besides we've collaborated with others of their kind like karl marx." i think they also discussed dialectical reasoning

*gravely kissinger voice* yes i studied hegel in grad school

Mao: That's what I am saying. . . . But let us not speak false words or engage in trickery. We don't steal your documents. You can deliberately leave them somewhere and try us out. Nor do we engage in eavesdropping and bugging. There is no use in those small tricks. And some of the big maneuverings, there is no use to them, too. . . . Your CIA is not good for major events.

Kissinger: That's absolutely true. That's been our experience.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 11:39 on Jul 15, 2021

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

New EP is about the uMkhonto we Sizwe, Mandela's armed insurgency organization during the Apartheid era. The actual armed struggle against the South African regime is something that has been glossed over a lot in the history of the country so I'm pretty stoked to listen to it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

My War Nerd thirst has been powerful.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah this one is gonna be good.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
*war nerd guitar riff*

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yesss, great topic and something i've been waiting for

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Could someone PM me the RWN newsletter # 93, part 1 of Dolan's dive into the Ethiopian conflict please?

I sent them a PM on Patreon but haven't gotten a response yet

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I sent you a version without pictures since the pictures didn't work in my email anyway.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I sent you a version without pictures since the pictures didn't work in my email anyway.
:slick: thank you! no pictures are fine, less suspicious looking at work lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/larouchepac/status/1425221922485415936
Still going strong

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

LMAO. The LaRouche episode is one of my favorites.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

LMAO. The LaRouche episode is one of my favorites.

Nunchakus! Pro Beam!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i love this lmfao

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sounds like rwn is already doing another Afghanistan episode lol

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

Sounds like rwn is already doing another Afghanistan episode lol

I just listened to it and the guest was great

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
they're going to need to do another one just to update it with how fast things went

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mila kunis posted:

they're going to need to do another one just to update it with how fast things went

We're going to find out that John had a connecting flight through Kabul that got cancelled

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

mila kunis posted:

where's the Kabul Special

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Atrocious Joe posted:

We're going to find out that John had a connecting flight through Kabul that got cancelled

*heavy, weary sigh*

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
taking a break from reading the covid thread about the us government's failure to take the necessary large-scale measures needed to improve the situation because their institutions are populated with self-serving careerists whose sole goal is to accrue personal power and wealth at the cost of the populace to listen to the radio war nerd episode about the afghanistan government's failure to take the necessary large-scale measures needed to improve the situation because their institutions are populated with self-serving careerists whose sole goal is to accrue personal power and wealth at the cost of the populace

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

crepeface posted:

taking a break from reading the covid thread about the us government's failure to take the necessary large-scale measures needed to improve the situation because their institutions are populated with self-serving careerists whose sole goal is to accrue personal power and wealth at the cost of the populace to listen to the radio war nerd episode about the afghanistan government's failure to take the necessary large-scale measures needed to improve the situation because their institutions are populated with self-serving careerists whose sole goal is to accrue personal power and wealth at the cost of the populace

so you're saying we really did reshape Afghanistan in our image

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

And it just got taken over by xenophobic patriarchal right wing reactionaries! They’re just speed running America.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Is John doing paid ad placement for duolingo :thunk:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

brugroffil posted:

the owl demanded it and john was powerless to resist its wrath

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Do not displease the owl

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

on the latest ballin' out super posted sixteen hours ago the guest very casually mentions how good duolingo is because of not wanting to disappoint the owl

third eye emoji

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

brugroffil posted:

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

john, sigh depressingly twice on the next episode if the bird has you hostage and is armed

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
lol if the owl is what kills john dolan

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dreylad posted:

lol if the owl is what kills john dolan

shouting italian conjugations until a brain aneurism

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Joementum posted:

the owl demanded it and john was powerless to resist its wrath

he owned up to getting defrauded by a fake UK travel papers site in the same episode :lmao:

I guess he has no experience with or interest in either slot machines or gacha games so the gamification poo poo really works on him

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Doing stuff like that under time pressure sitting on an airport floor, I totally could imagine getting scammed (depending on how competent the scam site is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/markamesexiled/status/1428895494898585602?s=21