Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Doesn't Troy have very bad CTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

The wildest part of that Steelers win is Tebow completed 10 passes in that entire game

For 316 yards. Just total disrespect by the Steelers to him in that game.

31.6 ypc is really good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if the coach will cut this extremely bad player who i don't know anything about because i was 9 when he last did something good, what will he do to me, a highly touted rookie?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

So the Jags will get poo poo on for a couple centuries but fandom will be made mandatory in 300 years or so

Edict of Duvall

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
TRADE

https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/1427685735050747904

Sure why not another depth corner.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

The Big Jesus posted:

Every day I thank God for Atlanta stadium food prices

Seems expensive to me

https://twitter.com/iRunWithLula/status/1418375558564655108?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

That was for Kanye's "hey come listen to my album while I walk around the stadium and do nothing" party he had a couple weeks ago. During the games they're much, much cheaper

e: it was literally a thing where you buy a ticket and go sit in the stadium and listen to the album played over the speakers, no actual live music or performance. Kanye was there but he didn't speak and just wandered around down on the field.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

So long, Josh Jackson.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
i predict the jags will lose many games this season without tim tebow

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Guze posted:

So long, Josh Jackson.

Wouldn't be too surprised if it is a player for player trade. Jackson needs a fresh start.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1427690441701576706?s=20

Panthers also put Tony Pride Jr on IR.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1427691952737329152?s=20

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 17, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Thank Christ that was all just saber rattling as I hoped

The Seahawks really like to walk that line

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Seems like a pretty fair (but exorbitant) deal for Adams, all things considered. He would have been pretty bold to turn that down to play on the tag. I'm still glad the Jets aren't paying him.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/dren_braves/status/1427693174068113409?s=21

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Professor Funk posted:

Seems like a pretty fair (but exorbitant) deal for Adams, all things considered. He would have been pretty bold to turn that down to play on the tag. I'm still glad the Jets aren't paying him.

He kinda had the Hawks by the balls given the trade, but he's seemed worth the money so far. Hell of a player. He and Diggs are quite a safety duo.

Now loving sign Duane Brown

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
On the third day he will be signed again

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Magicpants posted:

i predict the jags will lose many games this season without tim tebow

The Jags are gonna be so demoralized by the team cutting Tebow that I won’t be surprised if they refuse to play.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Wish it had been the Ravens.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Joey Freshwater posted:

That was for Kanye's "hey come listen to my album while I walk around the stadium and do nothing" party he had a couple weeks ago. During the games they're much, much cheaper

e: it was literally a thing where you buy a ticket and go sit in the stadium and listen to the album played over the speakers, no actual live music or performance. Kanye was there but he didn't speak and just wandered around down on the field.

I know, just a joke my friend.

I'll never forget the price of these tendies

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

bows1 posted:

I know, just a joke my friend.

I'll never forget the price of these tendies

It was less a reaction to you and more to that loving dumbass actually did that and probably made millions off it

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wouldn't be too surprised if it is a player for player trade. Jackson needs a fresh start.

lol hell yeah

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1427699031480864773

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Dude was getting cooked by David Mills

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wanted that guy bad in the draft. Happy to be wrong

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Jags are gonna be so demoralized by the team cutting Tebow that I won’t be surprised if they refuse to play.

I mean, they haven't really played in the past several years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mega64 posted:

I mean, they haven't really played in the past several years.

We've gone over the Rex Ryan Jets a whole lot. But we really haven't talked enough about how freaking weird that AFC Championship game run for the Jags was. I mean they should have gone to the Super Bowl.

Bortle down.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Thank Christ. I have no idea who Isaac Yiadom is but I know who Josh Jackson is and the Packers far and away got the better end of this deal.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

urban meyer on suicide watch

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

gently caress off Troy Aikman

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

fsif posted:

So uh, guess that two week waiting period after the second shot to be fully vaccinated is legit.

chamois posted:

i never even thought about how many breakthrough cases might be happening during the 2 week period. that said I was always under the impression it was like a "don't operate heavy machinery while taking this medicine" type warning that was safe to ignore

The vaccine injection itself does not provide any direct protection. Your body reacts to the vaccine by building antibodies, which are what provides the protection. That is not an instantaneous process, nor is it universal in the body. It takes time for the antibodies to build up, and as they do so they get more and more effective and provide better and better protection. That is what the two-week period is supposed to accomplish, to give most bodies enough time to have built up a high degree of protection. However, even after the antibodies have built up, they are often not present in high enough quantities in key locations to completely prevent an infection from taking hold. Like most airborne viruses, COVID begins as an upper-respiratory infection, and there’s some evidence that the vaccine doesn’t reliably stop that stage of the infection. That means you can still catch COVID despite full vaccination, and you can still spread it because that upper-respiratory phase is when it is most infectious. However, the presence of antibodies from the vaccine can help to make that phase weaker and shorter, even if it doesn’t block it completely. More importantly, the vaccine is very effective at preventing the infection from spreading from the upper respiratory system down into the lungs, where it can cause severe and possibly permanent damage.

So being vaccinated means you should still be taking precautions against catching and spreading the disease, because you aren’t immune and you don’t know how your body is going to react and because there are un-vaccinated people who are very seriously at risk (many of whom would like to be vaccinated but cannot be). But if you do catch it while vaccinated, you are at least much more likely to experience it as something more like a cold rather than as something that’s going to knock you off your feet for weeks and potentially injure you for life; and you will probably be at least a little less infectious, and for a shorter period, and hopefully you won’t be taking away a hospital bed from other people.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Grittybeard posted:

We've gone over the Rex Ryan Jets a whole lot. But we really haven't talked enough about how freaking weird that AFC Championship game run for the Jags was. I mean they should have gone to the Super Bowl.

Bortle down.

Tom Coughlin took the leagues best young defense and dismantled all of it in 2 years.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

rjmccall posted:

:words: on vaccines.

I remember when I got my 2nd shot the folks said I should wait another 2 weeks for the vaccine to get spooled up to its maximum efficiency.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

All the mad Jets fans lol. "Seahawks FO is terrible!" Buddy have you seen your team's performance these last few years?

Edit: Seahawks FO is by no means infallible, but I think it says a lot when your team can't hold on to generational talent.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
I was surprised by the people saying Urban Meyer wouldn't cut Tebow because of loyalty, as if he would have an ounce of loyalty to anyone that wasn't directly benefiting him at that moment.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Jivesauce posted:

I was surprised by the people saying Urban Meyer wouldn't cut Tebow because of loyalty, as if he would have an ounce of loyalty to anyone that wasn't directly benefiting him at that moment.
This guy gets it

Urban is a mercenary scumbag who is focused on success above everything else, and as a Jaguars fan I'm here for it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

seiferguy posted:

All the mad Jets fans lol. "Seahawks FO is terrible!" Buddy have you seen your team's performance these last few years?

Edit: Seahawks FO is by no means infallible, but I think it says a lot when your team can't hold on to generational talent.

The jets ended up on the better side of that trade both from a value perspective and from a cap allocation perspective so I'm not really that mad. Adams did prove that you can act like a shithead and it ends up getting you paid which is kind of annoying.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Being among the best player at his position. That is what got him paid.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Being the best player at his position. That is what got him paid.

He's just completely not the best player at his position.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Being the best player at his position. That is what got him paid.

I thought he could tackle and blitz well, but sucks at coverage?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

He's just completely not the best player at his position.

Name them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The one Jags fan we have left finally regaining hope after all these years, but it's in the worst person (that isn't Chip Kelly) so it'll not just inevitably be for naught, but obviously so. poetic perhaps