Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
tom g warrior said accidentally playing records at the wrong speed as a kid was one of the biggest influences on his musical ambitions. so that mistake always brings good things!

this terrible snipe is not a good thing though. here's a cool song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VqRGFN5vs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Hello friends, came across this speed/thrash/something called Brigade of Crow from Indonesia

I don't quite understand the song titles (or anything else) but the music is solid

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
A new song from a band composed of members of Horrendous and Crypt Sermon. Song gives me some Sweven vibes in certain parts.
https://gileadmedia.bandcamp.com/album/ward-of-roses

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

jaete posted:

Hello friends, came across this speed/thrash/something called Brigade of Crow from Indonesia

I don't quite understand the song titles (or anything else) but the music is solid

This loving rules, I just wish the songs were a bit longer.

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

jaete posted:

this is pretty cool.

had a giggle at the Indonesian word for "community" on its respective tab on their Bandcamp page; "sekte" means cult in Dutch, so I'm left to wonder if that's a bit of colonial legacy or just a coincidence.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Crosspost from the guitar thread, but I love when people blatantly rip off riffs

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Lol but also why is the Obscura guitarist wearing a cut glove on his fretting hand?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

deadking posted:

Lol but also why is the Obscura guitarist wearing a cut glove on his fretting hand?

I went into the comments to see and apparently he has focal distonia so maybe somethign with that IDK I stopped reading once I saw that

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Oh a new Obscura is in the works? Excellent.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Every Obscura album I've heard has been fine but it would be sweet if those guys focused on Thulcandra instead

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
None of you fuckin assholes told me Alarum released an album last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_fHiiQsiOs

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

deadking posted:

Not gonna lie, I spent the first 20 seconds of the video trying to figure out why the skin on his hand was so loose.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nazzadan posted:

Every Obscura album I've heard has been fine but it would be sweet if those guys focused on Thulcandra instead

oh my god yes

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord
The new Wolves in the Throne Room is out on Spotify at least, bandcamp still says it's a pre-order.

It's good.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

dihaploidy posted:

The new Wolves in the Throne Room is out on Spotify at least, bandcamp still says it's a pre-order.

It's good.

My vinyl of it arrived yesterday and i’m digging it.

https://wolvesinthethroneroom.bandcamp.com/album/primordial-arcana

Bandcamp is released now.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

TGIFRD

Afformentioned WITTR is out
Warkings, pm (not out on BC, released on non-BC)
Sodom EP on non-BC
Bonehunter, black speed
Woman is the Earth, atmoblack
Sarcoughagus, dm
Necronotical, symphonic black
Witchcryer, doom
The Answer Lies in the Black Void, doom (not out yet)
Arkenfire, power trad (not out yet)
Daemonicus, dm
Blasphemous Creation on non-BC, black/death
Altars of the Moon, blackgaze
Arcane Existence, meloblack

Gonna need bands to start waking up on time and clicking the "release album" button on BC

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Thanks for sharing this, i'm really enjoying it. That snare is tasty.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nazzadan posted:

TGIFRD

Bonehunter, black speed

Oh gently caress yes, Bonehunter rules and I didn't know they had a new album coming out.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
oh hell yeah I got that bandcamp email about Bonehunter and forgot about it

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

awww yisss. Bonehunter is finally outttt.

just have all of my paycheck, Bandcamp. I don't even care.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
this came out last week but it loving rules: https://utterscorn.bandcamp.com/album/paroxysmal-endemia

some real dumb smoothbrained poo poo for the knuckle draggers in this thread

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
ron jarzombek rear end name

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
New Exodus track has a very good title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIvLyHjJS6Q

It also whips rear end

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Nordick posted:

They might be just taking slogans from the metal signs in their man caves

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Real hyped for that Testament/Exodus/Death Angel old man thrash tour.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nordick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIvLyHjJS6Q

It also whips rear end

Listen. This is just punky, chugga-chugga thrash with a poo poo Bon Scott impersonation on top. It's the same thing they've been doing for a while now.

It's also loving awesome.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
How the hell did I miss that a new Rivers of Nihil is coming out in a month's time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxqsmeRx04s

I'm usually more into stuff with clean vocals but something about the way these guys do it is absolutely my jam.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm pretty bad w subgenres so I need some help. My range of music is all over the place, so Im not a true metalhead.
I'd really love some suggestions to broaden my horizons. Im looking for specific stuff though kinda.

The way that Nugents Stranglehold hits. Or when War Pig really gets going. When Vinnie is just hitting a symbol kinda slow for 4 beats and Dimebag comes in with something nasty as hell. The pop-banger equivalent in metal. Something that builds or just gets you really hyped cause its loving tasty.
I can listen to like Whitechapel or other heavy stuff but i dont really care for a lot of it. Sort of just speedpicking and double bass for 8 minutes is not my thing.

Any suggestions? Stoner/doom/groove metal seems to be somewhat what Im looking for, but Im really looking for specific songs, regardless of subgenre.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Edit: moved to rec thread

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Give the following a try

Clutch
Ty Segall
Mastodon
Sleep
High on Fire
Kyuss

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

BOLT THROWER

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/gloryhammer/status/1429470647948881936?s=21

this is not good

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

That announcement is loving ominous. Sounds like Angus is about to get Milkshake Duck-ed.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i dont know who gloryhammer is but i googled that guy and i didnt realize the peter pan dude was in a metal band

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

beefart posted:

That announcement is loving ominous. Sounds like Angus is about to get Milkshake Duck-ed.

I was thinking that too, but it seems like the reason is something rather more trivial:

Kinda weird to do that poo poo in the middle of a tour with such a terse announcement, so idk.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Having flashbacks to when Twilight Force fired their vocalist in-character through text message

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

drat, what the hell

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Nordick posted:

I was thinking that too, but it seems like the reason is something rather more trivial:

Kinda weird to do that poo poo in the middle of a tour with such a terse announcement, so idk.

No way the reasons are that banal, especially when you fire the most iconic member of the band the middle of a tour.

Then again, I keep telling myself that maybe this is all an elaborate ploy to set up the next phase of the lore where Chris/Zargothrax (best case scenario) or Hootsman (chaos scenario) is the new singer while Winkler goes on leave for a bit to pursue other projects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

beefart posted:

No way the reasons are that banal, especially when you fire the most iconic member of the band the middle of a tour.

Then again, I keep telling myself that maybe this is all an elaborate ploy to set up the next phase of the lore where Chris/Zargothrax (best case scenario) or Hootsman (chaos scenario) is the new singer while Winkler goes on leave for a bit to pursue other projects.

Tom had previously posted a picture of him in the studio writing more Gloryhammer, so he was at least involved previously with whatever was coming next.

Edit:

Piss Witch fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 22, 2021