Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Blooster posted:

Obviously please put all pro-mask responses.

Let's do this. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWVFEVWJMz8

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kestral posted:

Finally, if you were in my position and you could give a COVID safety briefing to a receptive audience of homeschooled teens who will disseminate the information to their peers, is there anything else you'd tell them to improve their safety? Elastomerics will be brought up, rest assured.

Get an MMR shot.

If the parents were anti-vax for longer than Trump's presidency, they might not have got the original 2-dose series when they were younger.

In fact, I don't even know what vaccine requirements are (if any) for homeschooled kids.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Cops roll up kitted out lacking nothing my kids only covid mitigation is an open window.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Ran through this thread the second I saw a Nate Silver tweet to say I loving hate Nate Silver so loving much.

But also, to post this cat

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

fermun posted:

thought this was a loving great policy at first, but after re-reading it, it's still a pretty drat good policy to have on-site vaccinations.
https://twitter.com/NBCLA/status/1427498520513327131

I didn't know the raiders moved to vegas.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
i can't wait for nate silver's inevitable breakthrough case, but he probably never logs off enough to go outside and actually risk catching it somewhere

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Forseti posted:

I mean, in theory you are correct, but the people running the survey probably also suck at computers

oh I meant Survey Monkey would delete them or something. I honestly have no idea.

Kestral posted:

Survey response submitted, I hope it helps.

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

I did one on my home internet and one on cellular data :cool:

as a frequent surveymonkey creator (lol) you’re fine, no one collecting surveys across 7 schools is gonna be able to cross-reference IPs in any meaningful way. goonspeed to you and your children, and what a hosed up world we live in lmao lol

Joey Steel posted:

Let's do this. :getin:

Seriously thank you all so loving much. This is reminding me of like back when 4chan was cool and would try to go after Scientologists and stuff.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shifty Nipples posted:

I didn't know the raiders moved to vegas.

You know the whole joke how teams do a move every few years just for the Muni / tax payer shake down.

"St Louis" Rams moved to LA because they city offered to build them a free stadium.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Forseti posted:

I don't think you burned up any goodwill, not everyone thinks like a crazy internet detective.

Good on those kids for sneaking a vax! :3:

If everyone in your schooling group is vaccinated ans some of their homes are not, they're probably safer in the group to be honest. But really, they're probably the last group that should be concerned about the vaccine efficacy waning. They got jabbed more recently than most groups AND they're young and their huge titers should last longer. Not to mention that the reality is even before the vaccine, they truly are less likely to end up in the hospital.

So like, they should still mask around unvaccinated people (including <12) if they can, but I suspect in this case the benefit of the group meeting really is probably more than the benefit of avoiding other people. But if it's them who are worried and would prefer not to meet in the group than I don't think it should be forced either.

Not a doctor, just trying to give a somewhat informed assessment.

Oh and to add a bit to this, here's a chart showing vaccinated and unvaccinated risk (pre Delta I think, but it's what I got).

I would think they'd have a comparable risk to a vaccinated 60 year old even without the vaccine.

Again, disclaimer, this is speculation on my part

Edit: I should have said *conservatively* I think they'd be as good or better than an unvaxxed 60 yo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Forseti fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 18, 2021

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

holy poo poo

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

RuBisCO posted:

Ran through this thread the second I saw a Nate Silver tweet to say I loving hate Nate Silver so loving much.

posting a nate silver tweet deserves a sixer imo

nice cat

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

etalian posted:

You know the whole joke how teams do a move every few years just for the Muni / tax payer shake down.

"St Louis" Rams moved to LA because they city offered to build them a free stadium.

SoFi was privately financed.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

etalian posted:

I imagine we are a month or two away from the worst it especially after all US schools open back up without a mask mandate

once the hospitals collapse in a month, there’s no stopping it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

once the hospitals collapse in a month, there’s no stopping it

It will be like in the Xmen when Juggernaut starts sprint through walls...

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

:lol: I can't tell if they have poor grammar or they think that the school injected their kid with SARS-CoV-2 to test it out

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Nothus posted:

It's not even going to dawn on Abbott's chud fans that he was triple-vaxed while feeding them anti-vax red meat.

Oh no it certainly will. I'm going to get more texts from my mom how the vax doesn't work and why this justifies her not getting it.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

RuBisCO posted:

wanna pet that good girl

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Blooster posted:

Good idea.

:getin:

One more goon belly flops onto the pile.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Don't listen to big mask!

Instead listen to indy vaccinations that refuse to take big mask money!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Nothus posted:

It's not even going to dawn on Abbott's chud fans that he was triple-vaxed while feeding them anti-vax red meat.
there was a point in the middle of the winter power grid failure when he responded on twitter to people blaming him for all suffering of people freezing to death by just posting a new poll that showed his favorable % was unchanged

i think that's when it fully dawned on him that 'oh, i am above the laws of god and man, i can treat the hogs as i please', he's somehow been even more of a shithead this year

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Holy loving lol

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ROCPassiveHouse/status/1371863229144690688

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

it would be funny if all it took to beat the pandemic was masks and a few diy air purifiers and we still didn’t do it.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Qantas requiring all staff to be vaccinated
Staff are...happy with this!
https://twitter.com/naveenjrazik/status/1427777835767238656

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Apraxin posted:

there was a point in the middle of the winter power grid failure when he responded on twitter to people blaming him for all suffering of people freezing to death by just posting a new poll that showed his favorable % was unchanged

i think that's when it fully dawned on him that 'oh, i am above the laws of god and man, i can treat the hogs as i please', he's somehow been even more of a shithead this year

he's upped his shitheadedness because he has a primary next year and his go-to strategy is to spot any issue catching traction in the lunatic fringe of the TX GOP and go hog wild on it to prevent anyone from running to his right.

seriously he was reasonable* until trump whipped his base into seeing any attempt to mitigate the virus as weakness and destruction of freedom and potential primary challengers started making noise about fundraising off the issue, at which point he racked as hard right as he possibly could.

*for a member of a death cult

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

these cubes are going to become ubiquitous lol. good symbol of the future right here.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Blooster posted:

Good idea.

Here is the link: https://pastebin.com/tCUrNaL3

Thank you so much to anyone who can help. It will be deleted in an hour.

I love you goons for saving my kids <3

Obviously please put all pro-mask responses.

Hi so I'm pretty drunk rn and idk what this is but if you need help staying out of a covid pit, just tell me what I need to do and I'll do it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nothus posted:

Holy loving lol

Until this video I wasn't aware how Abbott got crippled...

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
It's also been about an hour Blooster, if you wanted to stick to your original time limit

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

skewetoo posted:

It accepts a space for name
Good to know that's what I just used

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Blooster posted:

oh I meant Survey Monkey would delete them or something. I honestly have no idea.

Seriously thank you all so loving much. This is reminding me of like back when 4chan was cool and would try to go after Scientologists and stuff.

Hope it works out Blooster and you're able to keep your kid safe
I missed out on helping you, but a survey reply from an Australian ip might have been sus anyway lol

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
It's nice knowing that this thread will always have your back.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I'm still laughing at the idiots who think lollapalooza somehow justifies any sort of massive outdoor experience as being safe from covid.

All their metrics were poo poo garbage and even the "only 0.0004% got sick" statement was so laughably surface level false that I made myself sad while laughing at how stupid it is.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

these cubes are going to become ubiquitous lol. good symbol of the future right here.

It was always cube. We thought it was :orb: but it was cube all along. Time Cube warned us

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Schools have to buy the box fans and filters now while supply lines are still working :/

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Drake no: time cube

Drake yes: covid cube

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Demilich posted:

I'm still laughing at the idiots who think lollapalooza somehow justifies any sort of massive outdoor experience as being safe from covid.

All their metrics were poo poo garbage and even the "only 0.0004% got sick" statement was so laughably surface level false that I made myself sad while laughing at how stupid it is.

It's also a classic case American scorched earth capitalism, make money now without thinking of long term costs.

All the bands have a net worth in the millions but they just had to make more money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

do these box fans actually do anything? my first intuition is to think it's bullshit since students breathing out covid particles would spread to other students before it hit the box fan