Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

uncanny

https://twitter.com/wolfmanfibs/status/1427187714336583681

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

[quote]
Those who do not toe the group’s line are shamed. One piece of covert camera vision shows a meeting in which Sewell describes expelling three of their brethren. One of the men is either gay or a Jew, he says, the second a “sex pest” who failed in his job of liaising with other neo-Nazi cells. The third, Ulf Lindfors-Beswick was engaging in “outright illegal” activity, Sewell says, prioritising his outlaw bikie gang activities over his duties as a neo-Nazi.
[\quote]

1) "Either gay or a Jew". Well, which is it? Which would have been worse? What if it was both? Could society handle such depravity as would come from a gay Jewish person? I suppose we are lucky that they werent also a woman.

and

2) Prioritizing your bikie gang over your white supremacist gang gets you kicked out of the latter. Was it because it was a bikie gang? Or would he have been kicked out of his white supremacist club if he had prioritized his sewing circle above the interests of the white race?

But seriously, this poo poo is terrifying. Chalk me down as one of the people who said "It doesn't happen here in Aus.". I mean I know Australians are racist, and have experienced that racism first hand and seen it directed at my father many more. But I was always of the belief that the KKK and other such full on hardcore professional racist organizations couldn't and didn't exist in Aus. due to the fact that as a country we just didn't care enough. i.e. the old joke that a race war would never happen in Australia on a saturday, because the footy's on and that's more important.

To summarize: Football = good. Nazis = very bad.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

"A recent survey revealed that 30% of Australians are casual racists, which means the other 70% are full time"

:perfect:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

hooman posted:

Can we get a Test Result: it was GOLD STANDARD emoji?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lmao

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Amazing.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Looks more like Lowtax

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

exactly where my mind went as well.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Dave Hughes go on Cum town

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Looks more like Lowtax

Very unfair on eye cancer/mouth cancer person.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

633 in NSW. loving hell you guys.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Animal Friend posted:

633 in NSW. loving hell you guys.

Hey but look at the upside, 70% is transmitted at home, no need to keep track of exposure sites.

Never mind 500 *potentially infectious* people under investigation!

Honestly, I haven't moved from the house apart from exercise (keeping to quieter areas where possible since everyone is now outside) and the weekly Coles run.

I'm at a complete loss.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

woofbro posted:

Hey but look at the upside, 70% is transmitted at home, no need to keep track of exposure sites.

Honestly, I haven't moved from the house apart from exercise (keeping to quieter areas where possible since everyone is now outside) and the weekly Coles run.

I'm at a complete loss.

When they say "transmitted at home", would that include within tower blocks and from unit to unit? Or would we have heard about full buildings being shut down?

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

Solemn Sloth posted:

So is Sydney in the 500s today or does it jump straight to the 6s?

Called it a day early

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Solemn Sloth posted:

So is Sydney in the 500s today or does it jump straight to the 6s?

:kheldragar:

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

When they say "transmitted at home", would that include within tower blocks and from unit to unit? Or would we have heard about full buildings being shut down?

Gladys threw it out in yesterdays conference, I could only find this. I think it refers to households and not units.

"In the past two weeks, 70 per cent of infections that have been linked to a known case or cluster occurred in households, a figure NSW Health says reflects the general trend of Sydney’s latest outbreak."
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/household-transmissions-account-for-70-per-cent-of-sydney-s-covid-cases-20210817-p58ji7.html?btis

There has been some apartment blocks in Liverpool, Campbelltown and Blacktown locked down.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-07/liverpool-apartment-block-locked-down-14-residents-positive/100358216
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-04/nsw-resident-speaks-out-campbelltown-apartment-block/100348136
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/blacktown-apartment-in-lockdown-after-covid-outbreak-20210727-p58d7h.html

woofbro fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 18, 2021

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

everything's fine. we're doing our best. no need to lock down the whole state, or even update the list of locations for that matter

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/oceania/delta-confirmed-as-new-zealand-starts-strict-nationwide-lockdown-20210818-p58jo7.html

Not content with starting a lockdown in Victoria, Gladys is exporting her cases internationally.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

woofbro posted:

Gladys threw it out in yesterdays conference, I could only find this. I think it refers to households and not units.

"In the past two weeks, 70 per cent of infections that have been linked to a known case or cluster occurred in households, a figure NSW Health says reflects the general trend of Sydney’s latest outbreak."

"linked to a known case or cluster" meaning they have no loving idea where transmission is happening cause most of it is unlinked at the moment because they've lost control.

I eagerly await NSW forcing everyone into the streets as that should stop all of that 70% of transmission, right?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Have we unlocked Platinum Standard yet?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
In Vic covid news:

quote:

Mr Foley confirmed one of the new cases was a St Kilda sex worker who was "safely quarantining" and being taken care of by health officials.

He said there was no evidence transmission of the virus through work, but said authorities were urging anyone who had engaged the services of a sex worker in St Kilda in recent days to be tested.

I really, really hope they link the sex worker to someone at the engagement party.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Have we unlocked Platinum Standard yet?

Not until we reach the COVID Horizon.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Periphery posted:

In Vic covid news:

I really, really hope they link the sex worker to someone at the engagement party.

That would be great but unfortunately I think it's just kicked off a generally localised cluster, apparently the bulk of the mystery cases are from around here now. It really sucks because it makes me feel like I shouldn't even risk going to get takeaway.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

'hey hun, you said you got covid from your workplace but I don't see it listed as an exposure site...."

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
https://twitter.com/Mia__Kennedy/status/1427804968031985671

"Our lockdown is extremely harsh and strict"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

immediately starts blaming people for not complying with the incredibly confused restriction requirements

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

We don't need stronger restrictions we just need everybody to do the right thing. Too many people are doing the wrong thing, but that's no reason to increase restrictions.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

NSW press conferences have been getting stupider by the day to the point where they're now just doing a Clarke and Dawe knockoff.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Not sure about you guys but I wait for transcripts now. Really hard to watch and listen to these officials without getting angry.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

quote:

We had a gold standard contact tracing system in place, until the front fell off.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

woofbro posted:

I'm at a complete loss.

How can they say it’s 70% transmission in the home when 75% of the days cases can’t be linked to other cases?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Animal Friend posted:

We don't need stronger restrictions we just need everybody to do the right thing. Too many people are doing the wrong thing, but that's no reason to increase restrictions.

If Gladys had done the right thing 6 weeks ago with a proper stage 4 lockdown NSW wouldnt be in this mess

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

How can they say it’s 70% transmission in the home when 75% of the days cases can’t be linked to other cases?

70% of the transmission they can trace, im assuming.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Halo14 posted:

Not sure about you guys but I wait for transcripts now. Really hard to watch and listen to these officials without getting angry.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the fines for breaching any of the restrictions aren't harsh enough imo, even the ones that are 5k.

make it 5k per confirmed infection that results from the breach on top of the 5k for breaching.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
There was a group playing loving golf in Glenmore Park this morning

a golf course is not a loving essential service go to hell you shithead boomers

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

gay picnic defence posted:

I wish I were a journo, I’d be asking exactly that.

https://twitter.com/nswhealth/status/1427797636447305730?s=21

I might put some time into understanding this so I can find out. https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/find-the-facts-about-covid-19

woofbro fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheAviator1992/status/1427518942373834760?s=20