Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

How did the demon get barred in New York?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mooseontheloose posted:

Maybe the demon is a solicitor?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Mooseontheloose posted:

In-house counsel generally don't need to be barred, though they may need a limited license in some states. :eng101:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Mooseontheloose posted:

It's the 616. A demon passing the bar in New York...the epicenter of all the world's weirdness....wasn't enough to make the front page of the Bugle that day.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A lot of demons came through during Inferno. Imagine some of them stayed, raised families, started careers

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Hell, they let Giuliani and Dershowitz in.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

jng2058 posted:

It's the 616. A demon passing the bar in New York...the epicenter of all the world's weirdness....wasn't enough to make the front page of the Bugle that day.

Of course not! Didn't you see what that menace, Spider-Man, did?!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mercenarynuker posted:

Of course not! Didn't you see what that menace, Spider-Man, did?!

That was the Bugle, that rag the Bulletin didn't even touch the story

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mooseontheloose posted:

A demon passing the bar is barely a punch line. The real question is where did he buy the briefcase from?

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Random Stranger posted:

A demon passing the bar is barely a punch line. The real question is where did he buy the briefcase from?

The Briefcase District, it's on the upper south side.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Which face is the lawyer though?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mooseontheloose posted:

Worked himself up from the Kitchen.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Blue Beetle #16 (1942)

The Unstoppable Wasp #9 (2019)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Darthemed posted:

Blue Beetle #16 (1942)

I'd like to see them try that with Jack Kirby.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

<extremely southern accent>: "Now might ah might just be a simple 7th circle lawyer from some backwater hell demension..."

(seriously though, that is a fantastic demon design. Like, 14th century Flemish awesome.)

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

I imagine there is plenty of sources of leather in hell.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Mooseontheloose posted:

I imagine there is plenty of sources of leather in hell.

It's actually pleather because the petroleum industry is extremely evil.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Elissimpark posted:

<extremely southern accent>: "Now might ah might just be a simple 7th circle lawyer from some backwater hell demension..."

(seriously though, that is a fantastic demon design. Like, 14th century Flemish awesome.)

That run of Strange (either Aaron or Waid) was really fun.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

thetoughestbean posted:

You fool, Strange, you will free the most frightening demon of all… inflation!

Don't worry, he didn't create it. He just stole it from a bunch of people.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SimonChris posted:

I can't remember how Umar got involved in the first place, but this entire sequence is hilarious. "Let's release ever more powerful cosmic horrors, to chase away the previous ones! What could possibly go wrong?"

MikeJF posted:

I mean, we've seen how he deals with predatory low-ethics real estate developers trying to use shady tactics to get him to sell.

Later

I refuse to believe the CEO is the lesser horror here

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

The Modern Leper posted:

In-house counsel generally don't need to be barred, though they may need a limited license in some states. :eng101:

I don't recall being taught that in law school. I seem to recall being told a lot of them don't carry malpractice insurance, but not that they don't generally need to be bar-admitted. Granted, I did graduate 12 years ago and I barely practiced.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Darthemed posted:

Blue Beetle #16 (1942)

I pity the people with the patronym MacKerel.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

What a dick. Wizards: no sense of right or wong.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vegeta has settled on a name for his version of Ultra Instinct

Dragonball Super - Chapter 75

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
It’s even better than that. His unique thing is basically an advanced version of his saiyan “I get stronger if I survive critical wounds” thing that is active as long as he is in the zone.

Which basically means he has truly become king of the jobbers. He will get constantly more powerful as he gets his rear end kicked.

He then calls this ULTRA EGO.

It is the single most hilariously Vegeta thing ever.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's the Tyler Durden "I want you to hit me as hard as you can" of power-ups, it's so dumb and on brand :allears:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coolguye posted:

It’s even better than that. His unique thing is basically an advanced version of his saiyan “I get stronger if I survive critical wounds” thing that is active as long as he is in the zone.

Which basically means he has truly become king of the jobbers. He will get constantly more powerful as he gets his rear end kicked.

He then calls this ULTRA EGO.

It is the single most hilariously Vegeta thing ever.

If that's the most hilarious Vegeta thing ever, One Piece is even less funny than I thought.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Sensation Comics #2 (1942)

Not Brand Echh #14 (2017)

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If that's the most hilarious Vegeta thing ever, One Piece is even less funny than I thought.

Well yeah, most of the humor comes from Sasuke trying to be the Batman to his nakama's Great Lakes Avengers.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Infinitum posted:

Wait, what happened to the Hakaishin name? Was that just a term the fans used until now?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i wouldnt know i dont listen to hip hop

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coolguye posted:

i wouldnt know i dont listen to hip hop

I listen to TLO ROLL CALL! every day.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

I'm glad to see Abridged Vegeta take his rightful place as the canonical Vegeta

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I listen to TLO ROLL CALL! every day.

Now drat that's a throwback

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Wonder Woman #41 from Gail Simone's run. Which also, I think, has the inspiration for the Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I want a book about Wonder Woman and Power Girl just beating the poo poo out of a bunch of kids. Like the Always Sunny fight but with super powers.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

palamedes posted:

Wonder Woman #41 from Gail Simone's run. Which also, I think, has the inspiration for the Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant.

Look, I understand why in a 2021 context you don't want to be a literal Karen complaining at a person, but Power Girl needs to turn around and tell that dude that she said she wanted everything and those dogs clearly only have mustard

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I like how Diana came to bother Power Girl about this when she has literally no details or recourse

I kept half expecting her to tell Diana to come back after she’s done her homework because it’s not like thinking and investigating have ever been her strongest suits

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

palamedes posted:

I'm the questions asked about why there needed to be a scene where Power Girl stuffs a bunch of sausages in her mouth and oh no they have dripped on her breast!

(imma just assume Simone is taking the piss)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm the questions asked about why there needed to be a scene where Power Girl stuffs a bunch of sausages in her mouth and oh no they have dripped on her breast!

(imma just assume Simone is taking the piss)

Right after the lampshading on the whole idea.

I'm more curious about why she's bought eight hot dogs, then she's just dropping half of them.