Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

spatula posted:

who got 20 shots, and where is the trip report? I must know

It was a twitter post from an ER doc or something I think. Patient entered all the various giveaways and lotteries. Was in the ER for blunt trauma. Wasn't able to find the tweet with a quick search, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Hillsborough updates their dashboard to show quarantined students as well now. I’ll take a screenshot later and attach it but…

There are 2k positives and 10k quarantined in 8 days of school. Around 1% of students have Covid and 5% are quarantined. 8 days. how the gently caress does anyone think the rest of the year will go.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol
"fight it with the tools at our disposal"
you're doing the bare minimum in 5 days lmao

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
gently caress YOU, INSLEE, YOU COWARD!

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Kreeblah posted:

What the gently caress "medical reason" could you have that prevents you from wearing a mask but wouldn't mean COVID would totally gently caress you up? gently caress, I hate this poo poo.

I'm allergic to tyranny.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Have a bit of a cough lately. Popped negative on the test.

Might have something to do with the fact that the AQI here hasn't dipped below 100 since July

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
what would even happen if somebody did a vaccine mandate with out 'religious/personal whatever' exemptions??

if the mandate equally applied to everyone its not like its establishing preferential treatment, i can't figure out what would be Constitutionally Objectionable about that. i understand why that church won their case against california(?), because there were rules being applied to church specifically, not applied to other public spaces, which makes sense in a lawyer brain way, so i'm not sure why the reverse of this scenario couldn't be true

this is all bill clinton's fault, isnt it

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

i just got a text for the census covid survey.

https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/demo/technical-documentation/hhp/Phase_3-2_Household_Pulse_Survey_FINAL_English_SKIPS_081821.pdf

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
continues to own that kids under 12 are not a thing

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Kreeblah posted:

Indoor mask mandate in "public places" starting Monday.

Exception for vaxxed workers who don't work with the public (:lol:).

Oh, and an exception for athletes. And people with "medical reasons" for not masking.

loving coward.

I am going to become the joker.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

another florida county asking people to please consider dying at home as a courtesy to their overstretched emergency responders

Ambulances backing up outside Lakeland Regional as EMS crews are 'critically stretched'

quote:

A burly man with an oxygen tube wrapped around his face was wheeled out of an ambulance outside Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center on Monday evening. 

He wasn’t the only patient EMS workers were hurriedly trying to get from the stretcher into a hospital bed. Ambulances were backed up at the emergency room doorstep throughout the night. 

A Ledger reporter observed seven in line around 6:30 p.m. A healthcare worker from Watson Clinic told the newspaper that she’d counted as many as 16 bumper to bumper in the driveway hours earlier.

These ambulances sat on the curb, unable to move as more and more 9-1-1 calls came in. 

Lakeland Regional leaders at one point Monday evening sent out an urgent message to Polk County’s Fire Rescue team.

“They asked: Can you not bring us anyone for awhile?” Robert Weech, Polk’s Fire Chief, told the county commission Tuesday morning.

EMT workers steered patients to other hospitals when possible.

Much like their hospital counterparts, these first-responders are also being pushed to the limit, working extended mandatory overtime, coping with their own exhaustion and stress. 

They've been handling roughly as many as 42% more 9-1-1 calls than usual of late. And that's at a time when the county's fire rescue division has 35 vacancies, and another 16 EMS employees are currently out of commission due to COVID-19, county officials say.

Weech is calling on Polk County residents to do what they can to relieve some of the strain. 

“If you can avoid using the 9-1-1 system, this is probably a good time to do that,” he said. “The system is under strain. Certainly if you have an emergency, stroke, heart attack or if you have an accident, certainly call 9-1-1. But if you have other ways of getting medical care, you need to exhaust those at this time so that we can deal with those other bigger emergencies.”

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Tzen posted:

lol rachel gutman probably already got their 3rd shot
also congrats on your 3rd jab :getin:

This is jab #2 because I'm a J&J loser. My third shot is scheduled for next month.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Google Butt posted:

Yeah, exactly. Considering just going to body weight and bands for a couple months..

my friend get you a heavy kettlebell and swing/Turkish get up your way to a new self.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Louisgod posted:

Life begins at conception, but ends at birth, then begins again once you hit 65

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/npr/status/1427768728767373313?s=21

People might not know this, but you could always get shot or stabbed at a Raiders game as far back as I could remember

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

osprey posted:

pretty sure this is the experiment being conducted right now. desantis is gauging floridians' reactions to full throated death cult fascism. sort of a pre-trial so he knows what he can get away with, when he becomes prez. he keeps leaning harder and harder on the controls to cause more death and suffering. in the background his loyal maga fans scream and cheer for more, and literally threaten death to those who oppose him in any fashion, irl or online

there’s no limit and he is relying on normal people self mitigating to eventually control the surge and it’ll work

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Fate Accomplice posted:

my friend get you a heavy kettlebell and swing/Turkish get up your way to a new self.

I already have a full on power rack and barbell setup at home, but considering back down a bit for injury prevention

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
:laffo: The superintendent dude just said that they want to avoid lockdowns because of the economy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Google Butt posted:

I already have a full on power rack and barbell setup at home, but considering back down a bit for injury prevention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjBLuTwT6mM

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Louisgod posted:

my guess is the vaccines cause issues in the 5-12 demo

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
also little info nugget I think inslee dropped that yesterday we had the worst hospitalizations yet seen and set a new records. gonna be some wild numbers for washington state in the reports

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Der Meister posted:

I’m wondering if Pfizer found some real elevated rates of myocarditis/pericarditis in kids and is just trying to dilute it out with more patients

the FDA was the one that forced the longer larger trial to try and catch extremely rare side effects.

the American Academy of Pediatrics has pointed out this is loving stupid to do in the middle of a pandemic because the risk of long Covid symptoms in a kid appear to be orders of magnitude higher than any risks the extended trials will catch but as we've seen the Biden administration is incapable of admitting they hosed up when they can instead claim to be "following the science".

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
superimmunity sounds good; is it good?

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Kreeblah posted:

What the gently caress "medical reason" could you have that prevents you from wearing a mask but wouldn't mean COVID would totally gently caress you up? gently caress, I hate this poo poo.

a friend from nursing school claims to have Asthma Lite (she doesn’t need an inhaler) and she says she gets winded from masks because of all the CO2

she is not working as a nurse thankfully

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Captain Magic posted:

the best

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

the FDA was the one that forced the longer larger trial to try and catch extremely rare side effects.

the American Academy of Pediatrics has pointed out this is loving stupid to do in the middle of a pandemic because the risk of long Covid symptoms in a kid appear to be orders of magnitude higher than any risks the extended trials will catch but as we've seen the Biden administration is incapable of admitting they hosed up when they can instead claim to be "following the science".

does the AAP have access to the trial data

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Captain Magic posted:

trump

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Der Meister posted:

hopefully not though there's nothing to suggest that.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Der Meister posted:

Yeah and releasing preliminary results now showing that would increase vaccine hesitancy

Better extend and expand the trial so the number of heart defects looks smaller!

Science!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Thoguh posted:

A month ago I was not on board with denying care to the unvaxxed (obviously not kids) but now I'm not so sure.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Oh, good. The medical guy said that these weak-rear end bullshit masking "requirements" are gonna get rolled back "as soon as we see things start to turn around".

That's exactly how you crush a disease. And it's why doctors always tell you to stop taking antibiotics the instant you begin to feel better.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Shifty Pony posted:

Vaccine side-effects in kids are really dangerous for overall herd immunity. It's hard enough with the lunatics, something comes out that a kid had a blood clot from the COVID vaccine and suddenly a whole bunch of well meaning parents aren't touching it.

I'm not saying its justified in this particular scenario (it probably isn't) but there's a very specific handbook here for very specific reasons.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Kreeblah posted:

Well, that guy who got like 20 (or more) shots was fine, so you probably could just get a fourth if your job ends up requiring a booster.

max titers spotted

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Der Meister posted:

even if there is something shown at a higher level than expected, release the data and grant the EUA. let parents make the call if they are ready to vaccinate or not. nothing can materially change with the vaccine between right now and months from now if/when it is approved.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

They tell me I'm immune now! I feel so powerful!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Schnorkles posted:

Vaccine side-effects in kids are really dangerous for overall herd immunity. It's hard enough with the lunatics, something comes out that a kid had a blood clot from the COVID vaccine and suddenly a whole bunch of well meaning parents aren't touching it.

I'm not saying its justified in this particular scenario (it probably isn't) but there's a very specific handbook here for very specific reasons.

we already have 30% of the country who will never take the shot no matter what because team blue is telling them to do it. it's a lost cause trying to pander to more vaccine acceptance at this point.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Ugh I have a headache this is how it starts delta don't take me I'm not ready

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1428115295756066824?s=20

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mod sassinator posted:

even if there is something shown at a higher level than expected, release the data and grant the EUA. let parents make the call if they are ready to vaccinate or not. nothing can materially change with the vaccine between right now and months from now if/when it is approved.

If they plan to mandate it K-12 nationwide at some point (who knows when), they can't risk parents revolting against the idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

mr president the hospitals are all full sir. mr. president sir. we have no hospitals sir. thank you mr president