Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
do you mean amon amarth core or at the gates core

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Snow Cone Capone posted:

this loving SLAPS dude thank you for posting

e: this is like if He Is Legend stayed heavy as gently caress and developed in that direction, I'm digging the gently caress out of this track

Hell yeah, glad someone's digging it. Haha, the band accidentally DM'd me on fb after I replied to their post about the song, so I asked if this was a B-side from last year's album or if there was new stuff on the way. Apparently they've got 5 more tracks in the hopper, but they're waiting on the drummer to get back so they can finish them up. In the meantime, check out their two full lengths!

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

muike posted:

do you mean amon amarth core or at the gates core

No, I mean the synthy melodic stuff, like Equilibrium or Turisas

SonicDefiance
Jan 30, 2005

How did you stray so far to end up here?
New Spirit Breaker slaps, if you like that ERRA-y prog metalcore vibe

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy gently caress. Just saw a tour announcement for next spring: Underoath headliner with ETID and Spiritbox as openers :vince:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Dango Bango posted:

Holy gently caress. Just saw a tour announcement for next spring: Underoath headliner with ETID and Spiritbox as openers :vince:

i'm so mad it's not coming to florida

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

the come late leave early tour

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

the come late leave early tour

I'd give UO a shot, but it would be a song by song fight to keep me there

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e45OGyS5X4

album comes oct 22 https://www.everytimeidie.net

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

https://twitch.tv/officialkeithbuckley

Keith is live RN, about to play the new video a second time, talking about the record

loving finally, god I can't wait to hear the entire thing

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Not something I usually say about ETID, but that song was boring to me.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

xZAOx posted:

Not something I usually say about ETID, but that song was boring to me.

It's definitely my least favorite of the four they've released from Radical so far as well. But the other three loving rip, so I feel good about it

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
The "My Annihilation" refrain gives me weird Daron Malakian vibes. Song sounds more like The Damned Things than ETID for the most part, it's fine but definitely my least favorite of the tracks released so far.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's sounds like they reworked "Old Light" off of FPU but instead of whipping more rear end, it whips less.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

XIII posted:

I'd give UO a shot, but it would be a song by song fight to keep me there

there's a handful of UO songs i would love to see live again but a helluva lot of songs i would rather not be around for if i could instead just be at home lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

there's a handful of UO songs i would love to see live again but a helluva lot of songs i would rather not be around for if i could instead just be at home lol

This was 100% how I felt when I saw them after they released their last album. I actually left early because I was tired and it was a Wednesday night lol

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Post-Boredom growing on me a lot

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Quick PSA: If you're interested in the ETID/Spiritbox show, pre-sale tickets go up this Thursday 8/19 at 10am. Use password ETIDVOYEURIST

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Wamsutta posted:

Post-Boredom growing on me a lot

First listen: not bad
Second listen: drat, that bass tone is pretty sick
Third listen: okay, I'm sold

I think it'll slot into the album well

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

XIII posted:

First listen: not bad
Second listen: drat, that bass tone is pretty sick
Third listen: okay, I'm sold

I think it'll slot into the album well

That is how I went yep. Beyond the bass, there's so many fun riffs throughout the song. And in general, these four new songs so far are very easily the best Keith has ever sounded which is saying something. A shame his vox are kind of a mess live, because on record he's basically untouchable.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

post-boredom isn't a song i would normally like by etid, but it kinda sunk its nails in to me right from the first time i listened. i like how groovy and kinda "weird" it is and the fact that it has a subdued breakdown at the 1:35 part that leads right into a cool two-step part.

it's got a bunch of energy which is all i really want/need from etid so i'm stoked for a new full length. i typically like every other album from them so this tracks since i didn't really dig low teens at all.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ShoogaSlim posted:

it's got a bunch of energy which is all i really want/need from etid so i'm stoked for a new full length. i typically like every other album from them so this tracks since i didn't really dig low teens at all.
So, so far it'd be...
  • Last Night in Town
  • Gutter Phenomenon
  • New Junk Aestheticc
  • From Parts Unknown
Funnily enough, previous to LT, NJA was my favorite. Roman Holiday -> Marvelous Slut -> Who Invited the Russian Soldier -> Wanderlust were just un-loving-deniable.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Wark Say posted:

So, so far it'd be...
  • Last Night in Town
  • Gutter Phenomenon
  • New Junk Aestheticc
  • From Parts Unknown
Funnily enough, previous to LT, NJA was my favorite. Roman Holiday -> Marvelous Slut -> Who Invited the Russian Soldier -> Wanderlust were just un-loving-deniable.

break the cycle slightly for:

• LNIT
  • Hot drat
  • New Junk
  • FPA

i kinda gave up on etid after gutter and especially big dirty (least favorite). i thought they were "over" and so i didnt bother with new junk. when they dropped ex lives, the song underwater bimbos was undeniably great and i got back on the etid train. turns out that whole album is just ok, but when i went back to new junk i was like oh okay i hosed up skipping this. totally agree it's banger after banger

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1O1CuUuRWw

love the dumb Heart-Shaped Box midi cover nonsense going on in the background. :mmmhmm:

e: And agreed: There's just something weird going on in NJA that makes the almost so drat fun to "one-shot". It doesn't feel like necessarily a retreading of old ground but compared to TBD and GP, especially in the snappier songs, it's like almost a different band.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 19, 2021

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Omnikin posted:

I spun Colors so goddamned much that I literally forced myself to put it away 3.5 years ago. Was planning on staying away for 5 years but now I know I'll be back on August 19th for a pre Colors 2 spin

oh hey look it's August 19th, I haven't listened to Colors since doing dishes/cleaning up after dinner 12/31/17 (don't ask me how I know this poo poo, it's just a thing I know)

I'm rolling into Ants of the Sky Sun of Nothing as I type this and by god this remaster/remix is loving beefy

Cannot wait for release day tomorrow

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 19, 2021

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Omnikin posted:

oh hey look it's August 19th, I haven't listened to Colors since doing dishes/cleaning up after dinner 12/31/17 (don't ask me how I know this poo poo, it's just a thing I know)

I'm rolling into Ants of the Sky Sun of Nothing as I type this and by god this remaster/remix is loving beefy

Cannot wait for release day tomorrow

I will be listening to Colors for the billionth time tonight in anticipation. I cannot loving wait.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Wark Say posted:

And here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1O1CuUuRWw

love the dumb Heart-Shaped Box midi cover nonsense going on in the background. :mmmhmm:

e: And agreed: There's just something weird going on in NJA that makes the almost so drat fun to "one-shot". It doesn't feel like necessarily a retreading of old ground but compared to TBD and GP, especially in the snappier songs, it's like almost a different band.

video absolutely slays and this song rules a bunch. i love how keith is just acting posessed in a parking lot instead of holding an unplugged mic pretending to scream

altho i do wish they would have all "discovered" each other and formed a band in the narrative of the video. something tells me we might get another single when the album drops along with a music video that maybe continues this one? i think they did that before on FPA

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Makes me sad that Ex-Lives doesn't get more love, it might be my favorite overall. It just feels so raw and energetic, and imo has Keith's best lyrics front to back (not that they've ever been less than great)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SmHZocjphg

e: also yeah ignore my last post, Post-Boredom is great actually

SchwarzeKrieg fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 19, 2021

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

el B posted:

Quick PSA: If you're interested in the ETID/Spiritbox show, pre-sale tickets go up this Thursday 8/19 at 10am. Use password ETIDVOYEURIST

thanks. probably the furthest in advance I've ever purchased tickets for a show.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The mix on that new ETID single is incredible. There's so much punch and depth to the drums and bass on it. I'm still coming around on the very SOAD chorus but the instrumentals slap.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-suLZtkqZc

Anyone listen to the new album from Spirit Breaker? I've been jamming it quite a bit since it dropped and it's steadily creeping up in my Best of '21 ranking

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

*hovers finger over $150+ticket protection cost* Boston isn't too far away...

:thunk:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

*hovers finger over $150+ticket protection cost* Boston isn't too far away...

:thunk:

:hfive: Got my GA tickets today! Also, new Spiritbox track is an absolute BANGER. Seriously give this a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ots5los164Q

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Spiritbox would have to absolutely butcher the unreleased half of their upcoming album for it not to be my album of the year. I'm pretty much digging everything Courtney has touched. MTS song is really good and I'm even digging that new Crown The Empire song.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

:hfive: Got my GA tickets today! Also, new Spiritbox track is an absolute BANGER. Seriously give this a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ots5los164Q

that was sick! I liked it

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i wanna hear more stuff like Aphids and The Mara Effect but I'm totally happy with their current output

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Put Courtney on everything

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

went to buy etid tickets and ticketmaster gave me a hard time bc my vpn was on. i ignored it for a few hours and suddenly it's sold out lol. not stoked to have paid 2x for tickets but i'll just get 2x as stupid when etid plays :colbert:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

XIII posted:

Put Courtney on everything

This works for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Goddamn what a week for new releases :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYIyUiunobk