Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Rocket Pan posted:

Even in the converted Angel Script (which is all in plaintext that you can just read in Fresh Supply), the AI doesn't check for crouching. It's tricky to say if it's a placebo effect, but what seems to be the case is that it makes your hitbox smaller, which makes any attacks have a larger margin of error.

Yeah my assumption was always that it wasn't like, an explicit programmed effect but more like hitscanners target for center-mass so anything that puts you out of that default kill zone helps. But also I'm a dummy with zero knowledge of how Blood is actually programmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

Shadow Hog posted:

N64, yes, but PlayStation? No it didn't. Very peculiar oversight, too. I recall Nightdive shopped their Quake port around to various publishers and literally nobody wanted it. Couldn't tell you why; even when Quake 2 was already out, the first was still a solid time.

The playstation did get an extremely technically impressive (working 4-player splitscreen included) port of Quake 2.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Shadow Hog posted:

N64, yes, but PlayStation? No it didn't. Very peculiar oversight, too. I recall Nightdive shopped their Quake port around to various publishers and literally nobody wanted it. Couldn't tell you why; even when Quake 2 was already out, the first was still a solid time.
Lobotomy's Quake port for Saturn was published by Sega themselves, so they couldn't be relied on for a PS1 port. If I had to guess why no other publishers leapt on it, I'm guessing that Lobotomy were in dire financial straights at the time, and the publishers were concerned that they wouldn't survive to get a project out the door (and as such, their money back).

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Disproportionation posted:

The playstation did get an extremely technically impressive (working 4-player splitscreen included) port of Quake 2.
Yes, but we're not talking about Quake 2.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
wild that Quake 2's last official port was a bonus disc with the 360 version of quake 4

notable for supporting 1080p before the console did

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

wild that Quake 2's last official port was a bonus disc with the 360 version of quake 4

And they're hard to find (at a decent price) because of course all used copies are stripped out of that bonus disc.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Guillermus posted:

And they're hard to find (at a decent price) because of course all used copies are stripped out of that bonus disc.

Very glad I scooped up the one copy I saw at the store for $12 a couple of years ago, then

E: you can get a complete 2 disc quake 4 for 360 for $15, if it spiked it's calmed down

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I can see a few of them for 11ish € plus of course a lot of shipping since they're from UK (about extra 10€) because :brexit:

Maybe some day but hopefully we can see a modern pack with Quake 2 to add to my collection even if it comes with Quake 4 :q:

Haha I didn't know that brexit actually had a smilie

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

quake news babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

When does Quakecon start? :f5:

Edit: nm, 2pm EST

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1428403921438101515?s=20 well that was quick, out on PS, Xbox, switch, same general treatment as the new doom ports it seems, very cool

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I ain’t afraid of no quake.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
It's also out on the Switch eShop.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

It's also in the MS store for PC, I'm curious how it'll drop on steam (as update to the original or as a new one?)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Q...vot:overviewtab

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah i was about to ask what the plan was for, like, you know, actual pc versions

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

omg this is a dream come true

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
$9.99 price? So will they raise the current $4.99 Steam price?

I assume they're going to replace it on Steam, so I just bought it at $4.99 anticipating a jump. I guess I can refund it if they make it a new title.

Edit: And the price went up.

ExcessBLarg! fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 19, 2021

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -
Put it on Game Pass, cowards!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Playing the Switch version now. It hitches a lot on the new expansion maps? Weird. But Machinegames have added a weapon wheel and let you gently caress with things like resolution and detail, even on the console port. Pretty cool!

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

JLaw posted:

Put it on Game Pass, cowards!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1428410280464293892?s=20

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

well now I own Quake on Switch

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -
Hmm what else should I do with this power I have?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

The Kins posted:

It's also out on the Switch eShop.

looks siiick

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I am very happy today.

I’d love to play some deathmatch with you guys.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 19, 2021

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

come on, i want a steam listing, machinegames

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Samopsa posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1428403921438101515?s=20 well that was quick, out on PS, Xbox, switch, same general treatment as the new doom ports it seems, very cool

:bisonyes:

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Joestar posted:

Was just about to say, all I see in the steam sale is the original edition for 4.99 - I'll buy it on switch if I gotta, but man I wanted that new campaign on PC with a sourceport

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Playing Quake with the Switch’s HD rumble feels loving great

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

like whether they update the original or put up an entirely new listing, i don't care, i just want to get it on steam

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Johnny Joestar posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2310/QUAKE/

its up

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It even includes Quake 64 as a download/mod with its original soundtrack. This loving rules.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is it just me or is the sound sync really bad in this stream

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

haveblue posted:

not just you I have no idea whats going on lol

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Store page is new but it's still launching WinQuake for me :(

edit: ah, just updating now!

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

hot drat they just updated the old one and doubled the price

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://twitter.com/Scarfulhu/status/1428417545686568964?s=20

huuuuh

renzollama
Jul 16, 2017
Oh man, this quakecon stream is comedy gold

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:rip: lol

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Samopsa posted:

hot drat they just updated the old one and doubled the price
They did. To be fair it includes all the mission packs so even with the price double you come out ahead compared to the previous Quake Collection. Also it includes Quake 64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

haveblue posted:

https://twitter.com/idTechpics/status/1428417934624542731?s=20