Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

McSorley is another Chris Redman. Decent player but a bad back keeps him from ever being more than a backup.

Also the being bad at football thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Who was the Tom Brady we missed on with Mcsorley?

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Are pelicans trying genuinely trying to eat things when they do this or do they just use their mouths to decide how to feel about things like how puppies, sharks, and your mother do?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

Also the being bad at football thing

Redman was not bad.

After 2003 his back forced him out of football. He was gone for four years. But was able to come back at the age of 30 to be a backup on the Atlanta Falcons where he stayed for the rest of his career. If he was bad at football he never would have been able to do that. It's very rare to see guys be gone for that long and be able to just come back. Maybe some sort of megastar could do it but a regular guy like Redman you just don't see that.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 17, 2021

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

Who was the Tom Brady we missed on with Mcsorley?

We picked Redman in the third round of the 2000 draft. Before his senior season at Louisville Redman was looking to be a first round pick but he had a bad year and dropped to the third round where we grabbed him. In 2002 after Grbac retired we made him our starter but partway through the year he just couldn't go anymore due to his back which I guess we already knew about so we had Jeff Blake. And then he started. Blake was alright.

So we can't have missed Brady due to Redman because Brady was a lower pick in the draft and Redman was a higher one at the time. They're too far away to really be compared. That's like saying that everyone who picked a TE before Shannon Sharpe in the 7th round missed him. But it's not that simple. To me you need to be right near where the guy was projected to be drafted to miss him. Like the Ravens did in fact pick Patrick Johnson instead of Hines Ward. So we did mess that up.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one time 7 teams in a row took a wide receiver in the third round, and then somebody took a tight end and then the next team took a wide receiver. and they all missed out on Syndric Steptoe

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Jivesauce posted:

Are pelicans trying genuinely trying to eat things when they do this or do they just use their mouths to decide how to feel about things like how puppies, sharks, and your mother do?

No idea, I know my cockatiel nibbles on things and kinda tastes them with his tongue to decide if they're edible or shreddable or in the case of my computer, if he can pull the keys off (he can, and does).

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 17, 2021

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cavauro posted:

one time 7 teams in a row took a wide receiver in the third round, and then somebody took a tight end and then the next team took a wide receiver. and they all missed out on Syndric Steptoe

You laugh but he was the second most important WR on the 2010 Hartford Colonials, behind only Markee White. Markee. White!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
You telling me drafting Travis Mcbadacl wasn't a good move?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm telling you to queue up IU (아이유) playlist [for relaxasing/studying/sleeping]

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1428048201861509121

:rip:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

party off, garth

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Tommy Maddox

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

let's give a quick shoutout to kevin kaesviharn

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

yeah but who’s he burying? troubling times

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Another ravens receiver has been carted away from practice (not Lamar Jackson )

https://twitter.com/lindseyyok/status/1428368846117687296?s=20

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Another ravens receiver has been carted away from practice (not Lamar Jackson )

https://twitter.com/lindseyyok/status/1428368846117687296?s=20

Fire Harbaugh.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Can’t believe mark andrews is loving dead because Lamar gave him covid

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Fire Harbaugh.
oh thank god, football is almost back y'all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it sounds like mark andrews was dehydrated and lacking in some key vitamins & minerals. under the worst of circumstances that's all it takes to have a very frightening situation. he may get out of this with just some soreness for a couple of days. let's all pray.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
James harbaugh improperly put in marks IV and now he is a skeleton.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I bought a used zoom camera. Now I can get pics of some of these birds!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Kawalimus posted:

I bought a used zoom camera. Now I can get pics of some of these birds!

You can use any camera for zoom, I hope you didn’t pay more for the branded one

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a patagonian cavy posted:

You can use any camera for zoom, I hope you didn’t pay more for the branded one

It's an old used canon sx60 with 65x zoom. That's what a lot of the birders around here use. You need one like that for birding you can't just use anything. It's not anything fancy for pro pics or anything it's just to get pics of stuff like Empids that can be tricky to get accepted with a definition. I'll never be one of the people with the giant lenses.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do you have bird pics or just look at them with the zoom. perhaps you should "pic me"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Send me a duck pic

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

^^Will do! when those come around.

Cavauro posted:

do you have bird pics or just look at them with the zoom. perhaps you should "pic me"

The pics will be for birds like empids and also stuff like shorebirds and immature gulls. So that way I can study individual birds I see in the field and be able to understand them better in the future. But a nice side effect is that I will have some pictures of the birds I see :). Even if they're not professional quality.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
*looking through Kawalimus's album* these pics are for the birds!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Doltos posted:

*looking through Kawalimus's album* these pics are for the birds!

:eyepop:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

^^Will do! when those come around.

The pics will be for birds like empids and also stuff like shorebirds and immature gulls. So that way I can study individual birds I see in the field and be able to understand them better in the future. But a nice side effect is that I will have some pictures of the birds I see :). Even if they're not professional quality.

what's your snapchat baby

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i assure you can enjoy a lot

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Just swung by to say that I watched a Ravens broadcast last week for the first time. Maybe it was because it was a preseason game, but it was one of the most homer broadcasts I've ever heard. If I had a drink every time a broadcaster mentioned "Raven's Way" I would have died of alcohol poisoning.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

syzpid posted:

Just swung by to say that I watched a Ravens broadcast last week for the first time. Maybe it was because it was a preseason game, but it was one of the most homer broadcasts I've ever heard. If I had a drink every time a broadcaster mentioned "Raven's Way" I would have died of alcohol poisoning.

sounds like you should play like a raven

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

syzpid posted:

Try a Vikings podcast with Paul Allen

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Gerry (with a G) Sandusky should probably hang it up, but I thought Nolan and Woodson were fine.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

*veins bulging on my forehead cause an announcer mentioned one of the teams playing* the afc north thread will pay for this

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

How can I accurately judge each teams third string in an exhibition game if the announcers are not impartial?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Homer Bengals radio broadcasters are national treasures. There will be like a routine 1 yard tackle for loss on first down and Lap will just whoop like he won the lottery.