Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol look at this noob trying to solo Allah

i bet they don't even have end game gear

absolute scrubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

What do the taliban think of the remastered Quake

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zohar posted:

close shave for the Taliban but looks like they found the paint bucket tool again

https://twitter.com/remilitari/status/1428399578915774470?s=19

ah thank u for this update

also lmao

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Not surprised if the actual situation runs contrary to a weasel worded tweet

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

PawParole posted:

this is so loving dumb

Charging my crystals after my failed allah run

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

PawParole posted:

this is so loving dumb

That is so cool. They're living the JRPGs I played

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Smythe posted:

the transition of power was so orderly. and it appears they left them tons of arms and armor? the humvees were topped up on gas and the fridge was packed with great name brand snacks and cactus coolers? what the hell? seems like this was... all... intentional.... ??? :wtc: :wtf: :dogstare: :allbuttons:

the truth is out there

imo it’s a little more complex than that but not by much. we’ve been talking to the Taliban for five years in Doha! They are centralized, sophisticated, and want to be a Saudi Arabia level normal country. so we are playing lots of little trust games to figure each other out. they guard the airport and grant safe passage, we don’t blow up their new captured aircraft, etc.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the Taliban will never take the Bofa region

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Took about 20 years for the US to recognize the Vietnamese government, what's the over/under on when they'll recognize the Taliban?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Azathoth posted:

Took about 20 years for the US to recognize the Vietnamese government, what's the over/under on when they'll recognize the Taliban?

Depends on if they successfully coup them.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PawParole posted:

this is so loving dumb

which final fantasy is this

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Depends on if they successfully coup them.
ah, what was the last 20 years

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the Taliban will never take the Bofa region

What's Bofa?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Azathoth posted:

Depends on how long it takes for natural resources to be exploitable by american corporations. I'd say 10 years but I'm not sure what over/under is

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

PawParole posted:

this is so loving dumb

i'd personally start with some lesser god, maybe a demi-god or C-tier diety before going toe to toe with a monotheistic diety

think like a greek god of poetry or like the god of tunics

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

yellowcar posted:

i bet they don't even have end game gear

absolute scrubs

The only consumables they brought were crystals lmao

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

PawParole posted:

this is so loving dumb

الله أكبر

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

hobbesmaster posted:

13 I think

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

PawParole posted:

this is so loving dumb

so if they kill allah does it mean christianity and judaism are over too

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

No, just the moon.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Azathoth posted:

over/under is 6 months for effective recognition imo. full formal might take a little longer.

e: actually they pretty much already have effective recognition but like 6 months for, whatever, all but normalized relations with the us

you'll note that everyone is shocked by the speed of the ghani govts collapse but the us government has made absolutely no change to any of its plans or policy. this was all priced in.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO has issued a correction as of 02:40 on Aug 20, 2021

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

over/under is 6 months for effective recognition imo. full formal might take a little longer.

Yeah, more thinking how long it's gonna take officially, I know that we'll have some arrangement with like Germany or Sweden or whoever and tacit recognition early next year if not sooner, more thinking how long it'll be before someone can quietly float it through Congress without much fanfare and make it official

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
cackling as i remember the "we're the daughters of the witches you didn't burn" meme with a picture of a chubby ginger kid

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

C-SPAN Caller posted:

so if they kill allah does it mean christianity and judaism are over too

No, it means you get keyed for the Jesus dungeon.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, more thinking how long it's gonna take officially, I know that we'll have some arrangement with like Germany or Sweden or whoever and tacit recognition early next year if not sooner, more thinking how long it'll be before someone can quietly float it through Congress without much fanfare and make it official

i think the euros will actually take longer than we will ironically. they worry about rules too much. might depend on how things start looking heading into the 2022 midterms but probably not too long after that no matter what happens

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I'm dead

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Jay-V posted:

What's Bofa?

not much what's bofa with you

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I still think it's hosed up that ISIS was shaving bears

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Judakel posted:

cackling as i remember the "we're the daughters of the witches you didn't burn" meme with a picture of a chubby ginger kid

it rules that suburbs are so devoid of soul and spirituality now that bored suburban white kids are resorting to cringey loser poo poo like wicca and witchcraft to find meaning in life

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Azathoth posted:

Does it matter? who the gently caress would care one way or the other?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

is 8. the strongest witch is going to have to absorb the powers of the other witches through time in order to trap Allah in time compression

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

trucutru posted:

Does it matter? who the gently caress would care one way or the other?

Curious how much more petty the natsec state will be about this than they were about Vietnam is all. I find all the gnashing of teeth from inside the beltway to be funny, and this is a good indicator of how long those ghouls will hold a grudge for.

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Which Esper would you summon against Allah?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
what materia can i use?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

https://twitter.com/VK_HM/status/1427515379128184837?s=20

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1428510793205784576?s=20

:pwn:

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Man I want to go play MUDs again

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Taco Duck posted:

Man I want to go play MUDs again

star wars legends of the jedi just rolled into a new timeline

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

feels like everyone just hecklin the US govt. I don't have cable news so maybe i'm missing something. lovely print media going crazy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

didn't know fan fiction passes for editorials now