Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

:ssh: It's an SA smilie, I uploaded a lot of our emoticons to my company Slack (I should never had admin privileges anywhere)

huh, i've uploaded a bunch of the SA emojis too but never noticed that one. i'll have to look for it. thanks!

double edit: still can't find it lol

edit: cat tax

this is my friend's cat, not mine. chillin on the couch i got for my cat which was rudely rejected. now it belongs to friend's cat

Soap Scum fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I've been trying to get IT to update our computers in MRI to windows 10 for 2 years now.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Been thinking about this a few days:

quote:

Can the Vaccinated Develop Long Covid After a Breakthrough Infection?

By Tara Parker-Pope
Published Aug. 16, 2021
Updated Aug. 17, 2021

While preliminary research suggests that it is, in fact, possible for a breakthrough case to lead to symptoms that can persist for weeks to months, there are still more questions than answers. What percent of breakthrough cases result in lingering symptoms? How many of those people recover? Are the persistent symptoms after breakthrough infection as severe as those that occur in the unvaccinated?

“I just don’t think there is enough data,” said Dr. Zijian Chen, medical director at the Center for Post-Covid Care at Mount Sinai Health System in New York. “It’s too early to tell. The population of people getting sick post vaccination isn’t that high right now, and there’s no good tracking mechanism for these patients.
Maybe if the CDC had actually decided to track non-severe breakthrough cases it wouldn't be so hard to answer some of these basic questions. Even from the point of view that out pandemic response has been entirely in service to number, not knowing the rate at which workers might contract a condition that prevents them from doing their job seems like something worth knowing.

Though TBF to the CDC if they were tracking non-severe COVID cases they'd be getting slammed right now. Can understand the drive to avoid work.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

quote:

Dozens of people who attended Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski's K Academy, a fantasy camp for adults,

wait a drat second, a fantasy camp for adults... is that... is that a football camp for adults who are still LARPing their highschool football days?? is this really for Al Bundy and such to have a big strong boss man yell at them as they run a few terrible out of shape plays?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Thoguh posted:

And as somebody that has worked in a factory, I can tell you that the best way to ensure safety is to make all rules and equipment voluntary, but encouraged.

I think a lot about how often my work tests/does mainenance on the alarm system and how every time it goes off now everybody just keeps working until a supervisor tells them wait no it’s real this time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alarm_fatigue

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Asproigerosis posted:

I've been trying to get IT to update our computers in MRI to windows 10 for 2 years now.

Interesting. Can you draw up a list of the software on these machines, check compatibility with Win10 and get back to me with that info?

[months later after being delivered this information]

Interesting. Can you check with other MRI offices in the region and see what version they're using?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Respirator showed up, hell yeah

currently slightly paranoid about making sure it seals right, but other than that, i'm happy. It's surprisingly comfy. Slightly tempted to make dumb bane quotes while wearing it.

...also it means I can use some of the heavier duty cleaning products without gagging, so that's nice

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoombatINC posted:

Yeah if you haven't checked in on Hart since her Sabrina days she's become a big wheel in the christploitation film racket

I'm shocked I haven't heard anything about Kirk Cameron since COVID started, but now I'm afraid to look him up

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Asproigerosis posted:

we run a large portion of our ATM fleet on Windows 7

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Blaziken386 posted:

Respirator showed up, hell yeah

currently slightly paranoid about making sure it seals right, but other than that, i'm happy. It's surprisingly comfy. Slightly tempted to make dumb bane quotes while wearing it.

...also it means I can use some of the heavier duty cleaning products without gagging, so that's nice

if you snagged an HF theres a seal check button

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol goddamnit

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/1339040102383697920

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/Daily_Chronicle/status/1428780416115388421

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
[COVID-19] Clarissa Disdains Us All
goddamn lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Shitpostradomus posted:

everyone in my office has a cough.
one employee brought their toddler in two days ago.
now the kid is so sick the employee can't come in and we don't offer PTO so no one really ever calls out.

anyhow since that eats my entire rear end like a corncob, i figured i'd make a cool poster to the CSPAM COVID festival next weekend.

:perfect:
also lmao at your office situation

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

eh that's from last december.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lol the thread title

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

whoa, the Daily Chronicle made it to this thread. I went to high school in Sycamore and troll their facebook page.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

mod sassinator posted:

wait a drat second, a fantasy camp for adults... is that... is that a football camp for adults who are still LARPing their highschool football days?? is this really for Al Bundy and such to have a big strong boss man yell at them as they run a few terrible out of shape plays?

I guess so. Holy poo poo:

quote:

Each camper pays $12,500 to attend, according to the K Academy website.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Lacrosse posted:

New celebrity breakthrough infection, hot off the press

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1428715980398735361?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBIE7ViCi2s

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

watch them pivot to throw Lollapalooza under the bus as they loudly proclaim "it's NOT school, it's DEFINITELY Lollapalooza!!"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

As another person who works in enterprise IT, I can confirm that the actual way that any issue gets addressed is to ignore it and hope it goes away, then when someone notices, ask them to do more research into solutions. Repeat this cycle until the person asking gives up.

look buddy the guy at the apple store said this machine would work perfectly with your systems, who's your manager? I need to talk to someone who has a clue what they're doing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

inferis posted:

I think a lot about how often my work tests/does mainenance on the alarm system and how every time it goes off now everybody just keeps working until a supervisor tells them wait no it’s real this time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alarm_fatigue

At my last apartment, the fire alarms went off all the time at all hours. After about the third 2am alarm, you just look out the window. It's easy to tell who just moved in, because they're loitering around out front, waiting for the fire trucks to shut it off.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My wife is currently on a phone interview with the job business gorilla has been spamming about in thread. If this actually comes through then it will be the millionth example of cspam making a huge positive difference in our lives. I seriously don't know where we would be without this dumb dying pansexual comedy forum.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Soap Scum posted:

huh, i've uploaded a bunch of the SA emojis too but never noticed that one. i'll have to look for it. thanks!

I can't find it either. I thought it was :nod: oh well :shrug:

plz enjoy

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lacrosse posted:

New celebrity breakthrough infection, hot off the press

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1428715980398735361?s=20

Sabrina Got Covid Bitch

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

At my place I've had 100 fire alarms and only once it was real. Now when it goes off I just open the hallway door and check for smoke or scent.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Part of the reason that people believe only 200 new cases were caused by Lollapalooza is because they feel like that number should in fact be knowable, that the state should be doing contact tracing that can determine the figure. Most charitably people aren't aware that the US never had any serious contact tracing capacity and even if it did the current case rates would make it useless. More realistically people care more about the nice-sounding number and don't think too hard about it's accuracy, to say nothing of the people aware it's baseless but cynically use it to motivate more opening ups.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Shitpostradomus posted:

gently caress it i'm gonna take my lunch just as bossman walks back in from lunch
he'll forget to ask what i was doing 30m later if i do that.

:eyepop:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skewetoo posted:

At my place I've had 100 fire alarms and only once it was real. Now when it goes off I just open the hallway door and check for smoke or scent.

How many people have died in fires in the last 18 months because they couldn't smell the smoke

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

skewetoo posted:

Shitpostradomus posted:

omg my boss' wife just came back in from the DMV and she had to retake a driver test with someone that said they couldn't taste or smell
time to play race the clock i guess
:whitewater:

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

meet girls at the store posted:

She’s chud-lite and her fan base is entirely Christian conservative essential oils moms, so her comments sections are gonna be lit

I had such a crush on her back in the Clarissa Explains It All days, and watching what's become of her since has been consistently disappointing. Nice to see her on the right side of things for once

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I had such a crush on her back in the Clarissa Explains It All days, and watching what's become of her since has been consistently disappointing. Nice to see her on the right side of things for once

Wasn't she hooked on meth at one point, or am I thinking of Stephanie Tanner

edit:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/09/26/melissa-joan-hart-talks-past-drug-use-partying/2877051/

quote:

"I experimented with weed, Ecstasy, mushrooms and mescaline for about a year and a half," Hart tells Life & Style. In her book, Melissa Explains It All, out Oct. 29, she writes of taking Ecstasy at the Playboy Mansion in 1999, making out with a girl in the limo ride home — and then heading to a Maxim photo shoot while still high. "That was my third or fourth time on Ecstasy," reveals Hart.

She fried a few brain cells

McNugget Buddy fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 20, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

skewetoo posted:

In the 5 years I lived there, I only encountered smoke one time, and it was someone burning something in their oven. Didn't make sense to me, because I burned things enough to set off my smoke detector, but never set off the building alarm.

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.

Mr. Pizza posted:

I asked my band to wear masks on stage at gig a couple weekends ago because I can't. All happily complied without hesitation.

Thick, grody looking masks with elastic so worn out it like suspends an inch in front of your face? check
Super thin, taught, single ply fabric stretched so tightly over your mouth hole it's surely only aiding the particles a la gaiter? check
Basic surgical mask completely unbent or opened so as to just create a flat surface sitting against your face? check

libs

I’m playing an outdoor gig tomorrow with my band and at least being in a metal band makes the respirator look like I’m doing some kind of costume bit

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
god drat israel has just totally given up, look at this:

they were down to 9

NINE!!

nine cases a day at their lowest. now up to 7500 cases a day and rising. they're going to smash up past their winter surge worst

with australia and new zealand falling it's safe to say every single western society has failed to contain the virus. capitalism has fallen

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

they were down to 9

NINE!!

nine cases a day at their lowest. now up to 7500 cases a day and rising. they're going to smash up past their winter surge worst

with australia and new zealand falling it's safe to say every single western society has failed to contain the virus. capitalism has fallen

I cannot believe Hamas would do this to Israel

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

mod sassinator posted:

they were down to 9

NINE!!

Isn't Isreal the country that's like 90% vaxxed and started rolling out boosters in mid-July? And it's still that bad there? lol America is hosed

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

capitalism has fallen

Inshallah

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Lacrosse posted:

Isn't Isreal the country that's like 90% vaxxed and started rolling out boosters in mid-July? And it's still that bad there? lol America is hosed

I think it's actually 60%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

mod sassinator posted:

they were down to 9

NINE!!

Moderna gang laughs at Israel