Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

every single official from the top down that's in charge of any person at the CDC needs to be removed. the entire organization is corrupt and untrustworthy from top to bottom

remember 9 months ago when the biden admin took over the CDC and a bunch of career folks there fled? or when right before the mask mandate change in may some of the top CDC career officials fled again?

the entire CDC needs to go

It's really hilarious at how poorly the CDC is contrasted to places like Israel or Singapore which are cranking out a wealth of new scientific findings on things like variants of concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I've had really good experiences with therapy via videoconference but you definitely have to be willing to say this isn't a good fit and leave.

my current therapist is pretty good, when I said that I hope Abbott gets wrecked by his Covid infection her response was "2021 owes us."

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Does Disney have its own water treatment plants? If not, it's gonna be awkward to tell all of those smiling faces at the happiest COVID ward on earth that they need to boil everything.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feste posted:

How long have the Pfizer/Moderna booster studies looked at the efficacy of the shot after the 1 month Mega-Titers? Or are these studies still in the works?

Delta's too new to have any data past one month. I'm sure we'll get updates like "third shot holds up well after 3 months!" as time progresses

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Google Butt posted:

Yeah actually need a shirt with only trust your respirator reaper with the manifesto in one

lol. just lmao. I don't know who this is even for other than you but you told me to MAKE THE THING and internet law demands THING MADE

also Threadless marketing has been drowning me in emails saying I am missing out on retirement boat money by not doing a DOUBLE SIDED DESIGN so who am I, a certified donkey brained moron to doubt the marketing department?

I am a HackerRespirator Crew and this is my.. manifesto

YOU CAN BUY THIS ENTIRELY UNNECESSARY THING HERE: :pcgaming:https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/no-one-will-save-you/mens/t-shirt/regular?variation=front-back&color=black:pcgaming:

or don't. probably don't, actually. this poo poo has been run into the ground already

Rubby fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 20, 2021

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

ahahahaahaha that's a part of the covid surge failures bingo card no one saw coming

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Steve Yun posted:

I remember this guy proselytizing cheap $1 rapid tests a year ago

Coulda been cool if anyone used them I guess

yea, Mina was on point about all these wild / clever testing strategies you could use since like March 2020?

nobody has listened, but welp

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Iron Crowned posted:

At my last apartment, the fire alarms went off all the time at all hours. After about the third 2am alarm, you just look out the window. It's easy to tell who just moved in, because they're loitering around out front, waiting for the fire trucks to shut it off.

Yup, likewise

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
My chud aunt and uncle still refuse to get vaccinated. Both of them are old and have major comorbidities.

At this point I'm just counting the days.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
disney chat reminds me of back in 2020 when the 'rona was just kicking off and poo poo hadn't closed down yet. there was this streamer lady who made videos at Disney world and she was streaming at the park while obviously suffering from some kind of horrible sickness. her friend posted that she was "vomiting from every hole" or some such.

anyway, she's probably dead now.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Nocturtle posted:

Part of the reason that people believe only 200 new cases were caused by Lollapalooza is because they feel like that number should in fact be knowable, that the state should be doing contact tracing that can determine the figure. Most charitably people aren't aware that the US never had any serious contact tracing capacity and even if it did the current case rates would make it useless. More realistically people care more about the nice-sounding number and don't think too hard about it's accuracy, to say nothing of the people aware it's baseless but cynically use it to motivate more opening ups.

I think Chicago's at like 25% of what it's supposed to have for contact tracing, and of course this is only reported cases in Chicago. Thankfully, nobody from outside of Chicago attended, so we have absolute certainty that it was only 200 cases.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

fosborb posted:

lol email from school

*internal screaming*

Our school ice cream social got cancelled. :smith: I wish we cared enough about kids to fix society's numerous problems!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

yellowD posted:

I literally still use an, admittedly customized and edited, version of the spreadsheets you did over a decade ago.

Haha - Irony is that I spent a TON Of money on developing an app for it and the team never finished it so I had to shut it down and Pillowpants Budgeting Service went bankrupt...Ooops

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

McNugget Buddy posted:

They were never 90% vaxed

Right now they're at 60% fully vaccinated with 2 doses

They're starting to see some turn around on the 60+ triple vax cohort, too.

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1428790213237563393

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

DO SOMETHING

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

What do chuds buy at Tractor Supply Company when they need to manage stress and anxiety? Horse tranquilizer?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Kreeblah posted:

Does Disney have its own water treatment plants? If not, it's gonna be awkward to tell all of those smiling faces at the happiest COVID ward on earth that they need to boil everything.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Zisky posted:

My chud aunt and uncle still refuse to get vaccinated. Both of them are old and have major comorbidities.

At this point I'm just counting the days.

My 85 year old uncle refuses to get vaccinated even after endless attempts on my part to convince him otherwise. This weekend he is going with his daughter-in-law to a catered, indoor, unmasked, sweet 16 birthday. lmao

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
for no reason what so ever i was just reminded of nestle's control over fresh water springs in northern fl

funny how that works

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Disney has a wastewater treatment plant that generates non-potable water for the park but not sure about drinking water

Also fun fact, a lot of wastewater treatment facilities have a secondary treatment process that involves whats called aerobic digestion: feeding bugs and microbes pure oxygen so they can spawn quickly and efficiently mow down contaminants within wastewater

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lol gently caress you Florida you failed state I say to myself as my state catches on fire every summer and snow is no longer a thing.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lmao no water treatment for yoooooou

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Is there any development happening with a vaccine based on delta variant, presumably it would be more effective? Or is the vaccine originally developed in January 2020 still the best bet for 2022

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Louisgod posted:

lol gently caress you Florida you failed state I say to myself as my state catches on fire every summer and snow is no longer a thing.

Laughing inside my sealed-up house with six air purifiers running because the AQI is 150, and also not running the dishwasher between 4pm and 10pm lest the power grid collapse

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Kreeblah posted:

lmao

some super nerds are going to pay $5,000 for two nights of star wars cosplaying hotel fun... and have to boil the loving water in their space hotel room and take a quick shower with their mouth closed the entire time

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hadlock posted:

Is there any development happening with a vaccine based on delta variant, presumably it would be more effective? Or is the vaccine originally developed in January 2020 still the best bet for 2022

Companies like Moderna have started pre-clinical trials in August for the most commonly occurring variants.

Boosting with the "Regular" recipe does seem effective for recovering efficacy lost over time after around 6 months.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
i think it's time to take a vacation

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Rubby posted:

lol. just lmao. I don't know who this is even for other than you but you told me to MAKE THE THING and internet law demands THING MADE

also Threadless marketing has been drowning me in emails saying I am missing out on retirement boat money by not doing a DOUBLE SIDED DESIGN so who am I, a certified donkey brained moron to doubt the marketing department?

I am a HackerRespirator Crew and this is my.. manifesto

YOU CAN BUY THIS ENTIRELY UNNECESSARY THING HERE: :pcgaming:https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/no-one-will-save-you/mens/t-shirt/regular?variation=front-back&color=black:pcgaming:

or don't. probably don't, actually. this poo poo has been run into the ground already

I've been thinking about buying one of those shirts anyway, but the text on the back actually did push me over. It's gonna be fun to see what kind of looks I get from people while wearing that with my respirator.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

We don't need water. We don't need hospitals. We don't need ICU beds. We don't need medical oxygen. We don't need masks. We will lose all of things and finally, once and for all, have FREEDOM

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

covid causing water shortages and boil orders

what a time to be alive

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

it's so sad, if only they opened biden harder this could have been avoided.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

cr0y posted:

We don't need water. We don't need hospitals. We don't need ICU beds. We don't need medical oxygen. We don't need masks. We will lose all of things and finally, once and for all, have FREEDOM

it's all fake everything is fine nothing bad will ever happen to me

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

im dehydrated and coughing to death in a ditch but at least im free

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

brugroffil posted:

covid causing water shortages and boil orders

what a time to be alive

Lmao it's worse than 2020 peak.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

McCracAttack posted:

What do chuds buy at Tractor Supply Company when they need to manage stress and anxiety? Horse tranquilizer?

Coors, Budweiser

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

meet girls at the store posted:

Laughing inside my sealed-up house with six air purifiers running because the AQI is 150, and also not running the dishwasher between 4pm and 10pm lest the power grid collapse

it owns I've had to buy a couple 50 gallon rain buckets and cut into my gutter downspout to account for not having drinking water and also looking into paying thousands for solar panels and a huge battery in case the grid gets hosed

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
At school orientation, the whole plan hinges on no rainy days and everyone playing outside with masks on.

Got to see the K setup, it's just tables of 4 and they said positive case= everyone at table is quarantined and Skypes in to watch the other kids have fun in class

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

shyduck posted:

Disney has a wastewater treatment plant that generates non-potable water for the park but not sure about drinking water

Also fun fact, a lot of wastewater treatment facilities have a secondary treatment process that involves whats called aerobic digestion: feeding bugs and microbes pure oxygen so they can spawn quickly and efficiently mow down contaminants within wastewater

wonder what kind of totally unintended consequences we'll see from turning that oxygen off. maybe just giant algae blooms that ruin the plants and hardware, necessitating complete shutdown and loss of water treatment for months

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lforida government is so stupid, there's oxygen in there air just capture it in a can and put it in the water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

mod sassinator posted:

lmao

some super nerds are going to pay $5,000 for two nights of star wars cosplaying hotel fun... and have to boil the loving water in their space hotel room and take a quick shower with their mouth closed the entire time

They're just going to rebrand to The Expanse