Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Warhammer 40k is overly optimistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Gio posted:

you answered your question in the first sentence

Constantly fighting chud talking points in among family is how I've kept pretty much all of us alive. It works for me, it's just exhausting

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

Also Kate Winslet dies like halfway through the movie even though she's pretty much the protagonist.

Contagion is hilariously optimistic about the government response. I guess that was Obama's America though

Is it worth watching for the lols?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gorson posted:

Contagion is a good flick definitely worth watching.

Jude Law plays an Alex Jones type

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Constantly fighting chud talking points in among family is how I've kept pretty much all of us alive. It works for me, it's just exhausting

I converted my brother to respirator crew over the last weekend. Couldn’t be more proud.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

its pretty ridiculous and lib-minded but bc of my low expectations i was more impressed with what contagion got right than the dumb poo poo they got completely wrong

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Just swinging between depthless despair and uncontrollable laughter nbd

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
a very biden response to tell people not to take cruises, but not do anything to stop them from running
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-cdc-asks-travelers-with-high-risk-severe-covid-19-avoid-cruise-ship-travel-2021-08-20/

quote:

Aug 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Friday people at an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19 should avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, irrespective of their vaccination status.

gut the CDC

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

skewetoo posted:

Just swinging between depthless despair and uncontrollable laughter nbd

gotta find a cheap hobby to keep you busy, I'm on my fifth adult paint by numbers canvas, they've been extremely relaxing.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

Jude Law plays an Alex Jones type

sold!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Louisgod posted:

gotta find a cheap hobby to keep you busy, I'm on my fifth adult paint by numbers canvas, they've been extremely relaxing.

Trying a bunch of things to divert my mind but haven't landed on anything effective yet

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Orlando mayor asks residents to start conserving water immediately due to liquid oxygen shortage

what

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Gorson posted:

yes it is
i watched it a few months back and it was hilarious to see how optimistic it was

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/1428848598721064962

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Gio posted:

its pretty ridiculous and lib-minded but bc of my low expectations i was more impressed with what contagion got right than the dumb poo poo they got completely wrong
yeah this

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Contagion was fun but that stupid lazy writing of Matt Damon just being the star so he's magically immune *wowza lucky Matt* has probably lead to at least 10 million dumbasses refusing the vaccine because they think they are super tough and immune like Matt.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

lmao

lol

jail and execute the cdc from the top down until they're not malicious

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

McNugget Buddy posted:

Goon yesterday with an uncle at Nintendo (I'll try and find the post) said mRNA vaccines damage the immune system of young kids

Extending the trial is an admittance of failure while they try and game the numbers

If that's true and millions of kids get the shot off-label - who's responsible when they all effectively have AIDS and aren't able to fight off infection for the rest of their lives?

this study in infant rhesus macaques didn't mention anything like that as a risk factor.

SARS-CoV-2 vaccines elicit durable immune responses in infant rhesus macaques

https://immunology.sciencemag.org/content/6/60/eabj3684

"We demonstrated that infant RMs mount strong and durable responses to mRNA-LNP and protein-based SARS-CoV-2 vaccines that were comparable to adults without adverse reactions. These promising results endorse clinical translation of SARS-CoV-2 vaccines to early-life populations. Even when most adults and adolescents have been vaccinated and herd immunity is achieved, globally about 140 million infants are born each year (71), and they will be naïve and susceptible to SARS-CoV-2 once passively transferred maternal Abs wane. Being cautiously optimistic, a multivalent SARS-CoV-2 vaccine effective against major circulating viral variants appears feasible and could become part of the standard pediatric vaccine program."

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Melbourne is definitely heading the way of Sydney with uncontrolled spread. 39 cases milling about in the community despite hard lockdown.

Only difference is our Premier will not give up on getting to zero (yet) so I'm expecting even harsher restrictions if that's possible. Curfew moved from 9pm from 8pm? Travel limit from 5km to 2.5km? No food takeaway/delivery at all? That's all we got.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 21, 2021

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
https://twitter.com/J_Mei21/status/1428835068831801344

#DeathSentenceDeSantis

wow

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

how do you do fellow humans

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

is he putting those on or taking them away I can't tell

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

gently caress yea into my carotid

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
this thread is a lot of good kid vaccine info for parents

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1428829270722453504

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1428836878300635138

mod sassinator fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 21, 2021

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

back to playing the 'is this covid or my unhealthy lifestyle' game, fun

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Bullfrog posted:

that is relieving to hear, and what im going to choose to believe lmfao. idk what i would do without her

cat tax:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Soap Scum posted:

huh, i've uploaded a bunch of the SA emojis too but never noticed that one. i'll have to look for it. thanks!

double edit: still can't find it lol

edit: cat tax

this is my friend's cat, not mine. chillin on the couch i got for my cat which was rudely rejected. now it belongs to friend's cat

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Lol. The people who proudly are not sheep like I am are ending up in poison control for taking literal livestock feed and meds. Lmfao

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

my brother just called the vaccine, slut juice. thank you cspam.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
just cracked 1000 deaths on worldo without even florida reporting anything lol

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

What even is this reality. Love this surreal bizarre hellworld

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

God hates Connecticut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
ER goon update: It finally happened, woke up feeling fine but as the day progressed I started feeling bad so I got tested and I’m positive.

I think we’ve waited too long to do boosters. I was a first round vaccination as I’m an ER doc. Be careful out there goons.