Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Skipped the 700s, nice one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

realbez posted:

Test results (it was poo) are currently taking around 4 days to come back, so we could well have exceeded 1000 already.

Was it here that I read contact tracing is two weeks behind?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Test results (it was poo) are currently taking around 4 days to come back, so we could well have exceeded 1000 already.

Was it here that I read contact tracing is two weeks behind?

Someone said it ITT the other day along with NSW pulling their exposure sites list.

Also,

realbez posted:

Eediot Jedi posted:

I reckon the Tuesday bounce will hit 700.

I reckon they're just trying to make me look like an idiot. :mad:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Don’t worry, the virus will wait until Midnight Monday when the mask mandate comes in. Seriously, why is that delayed at all?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Vic regional lockdown from 1pm according to ABC. That is 1.5 hours from now, not sure how long ago it went up.

e: childcare closed to all but essential workers. Regional does not have the curfew but everything else is the same. Masks recommended for primary school age kids for indoor settings outside the home.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 21, 2021

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Eediot Jedi posted:

Vic regional lockdown from 1pm according to ABC. That is 1.5 hours from now, not sure how long ago it went up.

Should just donate Shepparton and above to NSW

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

save us queensland

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eediot Jedi posted:

Someone said it ITT the other day along with NSW pulling their exposure sites list.

Also,

I reckon they're just trying to make me look like an idiot. :mad:

Your posting does that just fine!

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Eediot Jedi posted:

save us queensland

Things must be very dire to say that, even in jest.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

realbez posted:

GoldStandardConure posted:

jump 700 and land right in the 800s

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
So now that NSW has given up even trying to contact trace the Sydney area, how close to collapse is the hospital system there? At what amount of cases do people start dying on the street? I assume they've got that modelled. When does Gladys start to panic?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Annnnnd Galdys with the "no one could stop Delta" bullshit right on queue, blame doging etc. For fucks sake

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

realbez posted:

Rona: "I'm gonna do what's called a pro gamer move'"

I predict 1000 in 7 days

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

You really are some kind of awful savant.

Cpt Soban posted:

Rona: "I'm gonna do what's called a pro gamer move'"

I predict 1000 in 7 days

Prona move. :colbert:

Some video from the melbourne anti-lockdown protests on the news now. If it wasn't already, melb is well hosed now, thanks patriots.

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Finally got my approval for the good 5g juice (had a heart attack in march, in my 20s). I was fully prepared to go for AZ but my doctor shut that down completely. I'm in Toowoomba, so not quite rural QLD, but there's no goddamn Pfizer here for another 4 weeks minimum - I can only imagine how dire the situation is in rural NSW, makes me absolutely furious to hear Gladys victim blame the unvaccinated

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

https://twitter.com/rachael_dexter/...820-p58km4.html

look at them all. Just look at them. It boggles the mind.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Cartoon posted:

A close friend is a front line health worker. She has been 'eligible' for the Pfizer vaccine for seven months. She can not get the AZ due to three contraindications. She is completely unvacinated because there is quite literally no, none, nil, nada vaccines other that AZ anywhere in rural NSW. This is a gently caress up of stupendous proportions and to have Gladys actually vicitm blame the dead for their vacinated status every morning is completely stomach churning. There is no way she should get a vote from anyone after this disgusting public performance. I would refuse service if she came into a shop.

And while we play anal polyps ahoy! Nobody has given toxic johny the pilloring he deserves after this statement on the Afghani catastrophy that he helped orchestrate:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-18/john-howard-afghanistan-war-not-a-failure-730-interview/100388644

* There is no evidence 9/11 was 'planned from Afghanistan' and the subsequent attacks on London, Paris, Bali (et al) were all organised by the same people so why am I still outraged by JWH's lies?

** Let's completely poo poo on the whole ANZAC legacy you utter cum queef stain. How are you still alive?

*** The noble prosthetic limb.

Also the frontline health services available in remote indigenous communities can not currently access vacinnes other than AZ...

Tafari Walton was shot by police who were seeking to question him over the stabbing murder of his former partner, 27-year-old Gabriella Thompson. The 22-year-old had been released on parole and bail seven weeks earlier. The inquest, which began in January 2021, heard that Walton had repeatedly yelled at police to shoot him and had lunged towards an officer with a 10cm to 15cm knife in his hand.

ISSUES RAISED
Injured in custody, force used, mental health / cognitive impairment.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
She isn’t victim blaming the unvaccinated, it’s just stating facts in order to prove that the vaccines are effective at preventing death. At the beginning people online were begging her to release info about the vaccination status of people in hospital in order to improve vaccination rates and convince the older people who were waiting for Pfizer to just go and get AZ.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Konomex posted:

So now that NSW has given up even trying to contact trace the Sydney area, how close to collapse is the hospital system there? At what amount of cases do people start dying on the street? I assume they've got that modelled. When does Gladys start to panic?

There are 85ish current NSW ICU cases that are COVID-19 related, out of a reported ICU bed capacity of 500, although I’ve also seen 800 as the reported capacity. Usually an average ICU stay is usually under a week because you go back to a ward or, well, die. We are seeing COVID patients stay in ICU for 3 weeks or more.

I think we’ll have issues with lack of trained ICU staff at some point. NSW Health claims to be able to quadruple ICU capacity in a surge but I doubt there are staff sitting around just waiting for a phone call.

The reports of long term side effects from prolonged ventilator use are worrying. The apparent cognitive decline could result in a further increase in coalition voters.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Centusin posted:

She isn’t victim blaming the unvaccinated, it’s just stating facts in order to prove that the vaccines are effective at preventing death. At the beginning people online were begging her to release info about the vaccination status of people in hospital in order to improve vaccination rates and convince the older people who were waiting for Pfizer to just go and get AZ.

Thadys

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Centusin posted:

That's all well and good, if (a very big if) the vaccines are legitimately available for all.

Edit: The problem is the rhetoric. She isn't saying "if you can get vaccinated, get vaccinated", she's saying "get vaccinated!!!!! not enough of you are vaccinated!!!! just get the vaccine!!!!!".

SwissDonkey fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 21, 2021

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Eediot Jedi posted:

There should be a simplified replacement without the rorting, but alas, who could have predicted what happened here last year and what happened all over the world would happen in Australia of all places???

Absolutely nobody in March/April 2020

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I don't think Queensland will stay out of the Covid wild ride for long, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong. I like being able to do my hug sports.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Cpt Soban posted:

I predict 1000 in 7 days

I admire your strong optimism.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I give it 10 days before they hit 2k day

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I saw a live feed on 24 of a helicopter shot of a police line start shooting riot spray into the Melbourne protest, and then getting rushed, shoving with all the cops and scattering all the horse cops, but I can't find a clip of it

They cut the feed, presumably to get a more passive Public Nuisance angle with the chopper rather than broadcasting the (not that many, maybe thirty or forty) dudes getting chased down and EXTREMELY arrested, which is what they came back with like five minutes later

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 21, 2021

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

It's doubling every 10 days and we haven't meaningfully changed any control measures so its no real mystery what its going to be in 10 days

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tommunist posted:

I give it 10 days before they hit 2k day

Victoria?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

realbez posted:

Victoria?

Qld

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Facebook sucks. Look at all those brainwashed assholes.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

yep

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
So was it Ric Flair in that photo or what?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

So was it Ric Flair in that photo or what?

Woooooooooo!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/beyondblue/status/1428931922420375552

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
https://twitter.com/slackbastard/status/1428984747020066825

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:smithicide:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Ignoring how ugly and hateful stuff like this actually is.

Does it work in attracting new recruits? Does a normal person see something like that and then suddenly go "You know what, I think the Jews were behind 9-11. Gosh, better get ready for the race war."

Is that indeed it's purpose? As a recruiting tool? Coz I would argue that poo poo like that is preaching to the converted, and it's purpose is more to intimidate, and maybe as a secondary function help to normalize their hosed up views.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I would think a lot of recruitment for race-hate stuff like that is less about converting them to a new ideology and more about normalising the viewpoint and making it common to preach it / see it in public. so folks see it and find a like-minded group of absolute loving morons

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Anidav posted:

I remember watching the Arab Spring, thinking "Wow, social media really can be used for good!"

What a loving idiot I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lol whats the washed up old turd said now