Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pryor on Fire posted:

You want Sinovac, it's the best by far. When dealing with problems like this you want to go straight to the source for a fix, don't trust some non-OEM solution.

hell yeah Sinovac krew represent

Fur tax:

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

fosborb posted:

lol farmers market is 2% masked. no one is freaked out yet

where the gently caress does a normal regular person get reliable information? people are making reasonable decisions based on their good faith efforts to understand the risks.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

That's a grand a day for a hundred days. We're already doing that. We're not even trying to stop doing that. That's a better number than anyone could ask for. That's if things only got exactly as bad as they currently are and then stopped exactly there for a few months, that's the only way we get an outcome that sunny.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

etalian posted:

Only a week or two left until most of the Orlando area is on swamp water.

Thanks people who believe in personality responsibility and freedom!

maybe less if enough people think like this

quote:

Honestly because it’s them now suffering I want to water my lawn even more! Forget washing my hands for 20 seconds I’m doing 40 now! Obviously I’m not a sociopath and realize it’s more than just them and myself impacted by this and will do the right thing but I am so fed up of continuing having to do the right thing just so that maybe one day my kid can actually go to a school and get an education and some friends.

I say we stop giving it to the hospital and keep it for everyone else. If these people aren’t going to trust the vaccine they shouldn’t get the oxygen and treatments either.

quote:

Time to drain and refill the swimming pool this weekend!

quote:

I’m not in Orlando, but is it terrible that my first thought after reading this was, “gently caress that noise?” I’m not sacrificing poo poo so idiots who took no precautions to NOT get the virus, are now sick and begging for help at overwhelmed hospitals. I honestly feel terrible for feeling like this, but God drat it, why should we care more than they do.

quote:

Screw those anti vax anti mask assholes. I'm taking a bubble bath twice a day from here on out. I'll have the greenest grass on the block. My sympathy for them is at 0.

quote:

It’s my right to leave my faucets running and flush my toilet repeatedly, my water, my choice.

quote:

Sooooo... everybody run your faucets.

quote:

If you’re vaccinated..leave the tap running? Just a thought.

quote:

Lol if I lived in Orlando I'd be taking a 4 hour shower tonight and leaving my tap on. gently caress it.

quote:

Nah, I'm not gonna limit poo poo.

libs are ready to drink shitwater to own the antivaxxers

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Real Mean Queen posted:

That's a grand a day for a hundred days. We're already doing that. We're not even trying to stop doing that. That's a better number than anyone could ask for. That's if things only got exactly as bad as they currently are and then stopped exactly there for a few months, that's the only way we get an outcome that sunny.

in the south they're a week or two away from massive numbers of posts pleading for open hospital beds or home oxygen

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

politicians are so relieved that people are mad at their class allies instead of the people who could stop this

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

oh desantis took care of that. the ui system "glitched" a few weeks ago and locked everyone out. it's all but impossible to get it turned back on again. one weird trick to lower unemployment numbers

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

inferis posted:

where the gently caress does a normal regular person get reliable information? people are making reasonable decisions based on their good faith efforts to understand the risks.

all of the signs throughout the market say stay distanced and wear a mask

people have the information and think they know better

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Isentropy posted:

semi related - what do you think got the gravity of the situation across to Americans?

like I'm thinking the NBA stopping did a lot more to get people to realize this wasn't going to be like Ebola or SARS-1

If you had family in China or Italy you knew, but outside of that...

It was the NBA and nothing else, and wouldn't have been anything else for awhile. That moron licking the microphone to prove viruses arent real or whatever saved more lives than the CDC

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

inferis posted:

politicians are so relieved that people are mad at their class allies instead of the people who could stop this

chuds are not your allies and never will be

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

i'm just so tired of how stupid everything is, myself included. what a dumb loving species we are. i wish aliens would purge us all from this planet

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

inferis posted:

antivaxxers are not class allies
seriously, feel free to go build solidarity with them, best of luck

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Epic High Five posted:

It was the NBA and nothing else, and wouldn't have been anything else for awhile. That moron licking the microphone to prove viruses arent real or whatever saved more lives than the CDC

it was the build up too. small town in Nebraska just locked down. night before there was the college basketball coach who had to leave the game he was coughing so bad, the imhe 100s of thousands dead report just dropped... you could really feel things coming to a head that week

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

osprey posted:

i'm just so tired of how stupid everything is, myself included. what a dumb loving species we are. i wish aliens would purge us all from this planet

Good news is we're purging ourselves. Whoever put a bunch of jumped up apes in charge of the atmospheric composition screwed up big time.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

needs a forums account

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Real Mean Queen posted:

Its so loving funny that America dealt with a year and a half of a mildly deadly and moderately infectious pandemic by hoping it would go away so society wouldn't have to adapt. And now that it got worse , well, gently caress it guess we die

Can't ever admit an error or fire the guys who hosed everything up, nope

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

fosborb posted:

all of the signs throughout the market say stay distanced and wear a mask

people have the information and think they know better

i think a big part of why this is happening is all the vaccine disinformation they've been fed. everybody here knows breakthrough infections are not at all rare but unless you've been following closely you don't know just how vulnerable you still are. they're still living in the "I don't need to mask, i'm fully vaxed" world because that's what they've been told by the cdc and all the dumbshit public messaging since the vaccines have been around

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I’m going to become a Dexter like character but I target antivaxx celebs

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Epic High Five posted:

If the NBA hadn't shut down, college bball tournaments would have kept going that weekend and we might have gotten a week or two of march madness which would have been absolutely incredible spread

What's weird about breakthrough infections is I only have one Facebook acquaintance that's happened to. I do know 2 people who died of/with covid from first wave infections, maybe more that are unconfirmed, and that seems comparatively high

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Relevant Tangent posted:

they’re a distraction, this whole thread is aware that a vaccine only strategy would never be sufficient. if politicians paid everyone $2000 a month since the beginning of the pandemic conditionally on getting a vaccine the antivaxxers would be incredibly fringe. as things stand no matter how bad our government fucks things up the antivaxxers will be to blame and they have made sure in their messaging that it’s clear to everyone that they are the exclusive holders of blame. they are the exclusive reason you have to wear masks again. capital decided it was never going to do what was necessary to end the pandemic and they only care about making sure people aren’t mad at about checks or healthcare.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

osprey posted:

maybe less if enough people think like this

libs are ready to drink shitwater to own the antivaxxers

The chuds at least have a story they tell themselves about how they're brave freedom fighters or whatever, and they're intentionally stupid for cultural reasons. These guys don't even have the thing where they're doing something important, they're just fantasizing about consuming vital resources during a shortage to make people they don't like die more while they themselves are drinking water with poo poo in it, and their science-following culture theoretically celebrates knowing the first loving thing about anything in the world. I'm figuring out that I really, really don't like the libs.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Throatwarbler posted:

My wife and son are going back to China on the earliest flight that we could book. Even if they get the kid vaccine here out before they leave, I am only going to trust the Chinese vaccine for my son.

I mentioned it a couple of times in these threads already, but my wife was a nurse in China before she married me and came to the US. I was a dumb chud in 2019 and she threatened me with actual assault unless we pulled our kid out of pre-K and I started to wear a mask....in February 2020. She already basically hated everything about America before this, especially American food in every form. This is pretty common among Chinese people - I have friends who spent 5 years in America and ate at a non-Chinese/Asian restaurant maybe once throughout those 5 years, because their new American friends dragged them to a Red Lobster or some poo poo, and that was enough. Her family ran a bakery in China growing up and she was a semi-professional cook.

Her process of crack-pinging was something like:

February 2020:
Me: I guess they found a few cases in our state now.
Her: Holy poo poo why are still people going outside? Why isn't the city locked down?

March 2020:
Me: I dunno babe this Fauci guy on TV says masks don't work?
Her: You are the dumbest god drat idiot I have ever met.

April 2020:
Me: Check out these convicts digging mass graves in New York in exchange for masks lol.
Her: A hundred thousand people are going to die. All those people had families and children. Why doesn't the government do something?

June 2020:
Me: The FDA has issued guidance on returning refrigerated trailers back to food service after storing corpses.
Her: : :stare:

[Bunch of other poo poo in 2020]

January 2021:
Me: A bunch of hospital workers in California got infected because one of them wore an inflatable Christmas tree outfit for a party while positive. Also there's some kind of coup going on in Washington.
Her: lol. lmao.

Get her an account.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

Relevant Tangent posted:

Antivaxx sentiment and resistance to NPIs go back to when vaccines became a thing at all. They've had over a century to figure this poo poo out. Any good-faith public health approach would've taken this stuff into account instead of using them as a convenient scapegoat. There are always going to be people who push back for no good reason and act like total jackasses. Making them comply in situations where it benefits society is at least the ostensible purpose of having any government.

Reverend Zero
Mar 8, 2006

local board of education here giving everybody whiplash over whether or not they are going to murder children indiscriminately - they just re-instated the mask mandate and school starts monday. this is after spending the past month and a spicy public board meeting last week DENYING the mask mandate in the face of everyone who wants it. Apparently the outcry from locals and people pulling kids from school was so much they were forced to reconsider.

Even then listening to them discuss and vote this morning on live stream half the old loving men on the board wailed on about personal freedoms and how it should be the pArEnTs ChoIcE and that they are only allowing this mandate for two weeks before they "revisit" the issue. they also plan at completely removing the option to go fully remote learning on the same day, so if they yank the mask mandate again parents who enrolled their kids for in-person will be stuck with the decision.

absolutely loving fed up of living in this gerontocratic death cult. btw county staff/teachers are NOT required to be vaccinated. lol. lmao.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

McNugget Buddy posted:

The FCC won’t let me be
Snort loads of horse drugs willingly
A cure you won’t find on NBC
Take me to a Florida library

:discourse:

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7MgW8UbJQ

This is hella good, but I wouldn't recommend starting your day with it

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Testvan posted:

all those dumbfucks living in NYC feeling smug with their 57% vaccination rate thinking they are safe from delta

https://twitter.com/nycgov/status/1428811575545245699

The killers eh?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

sister-in-law Delta positive

mother-in-law presumed positive based on symptoms

two <12yo nephews positive

one infant nephew presumed positive

this house is now in lockdown even though we had not seen any of them for about 3 weeks, thank god

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Tzen posted:

lmao adding FTC FCC to the list

From messing with radios, what I gather about the regulations for that are basically don't do anything that pisses off your local hams, because the FCC doesn't investigate poo poo and relies on volunteers :lol:

Literally broadcasting your crimes and we still don't allocate resources to deal with it

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm on the 2nd day of my booster and all I have is a super super sore arm. I don't think I'mma have any fever I figure it would have happened by now.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The part about her being a great cook is the capstone on top of everything, because it's not like Americans are braving the pandemic to crank out more T-34s for the front, the country is literally being torn apart and hundreds of thousands are dying because *checks thread notes* Americans need to go somewhere to eat terrible American food and get even fatter.

Before the pandemic I tried my best to expose her to all aspects of American cuisine. We went to multiple IHOPs and Golden Corrals in different states. We had sweet potato casserole, pop tarts, "General Tso's Chicken", and she's just not into it at all.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Hollismason posted:

I'm on the 2nd day of my booster and all I have is a super super sore arm. I don't think I'mma have any fever I figure it would have happened by now.

personally, and based on this thread it’s pretty common to have no symptoms or just feel a little bit tired with a sore arm

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

inferis posted:

I paid :10bux: in 2007 to join a comedy forum, and now I'm a communist with access to reliable COVID info.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Substandard posted:

I paid :10bux: in 2007 to join a comedy forum, and now I'm a communist with access to reliable COVID info.

same, i started posting here to get owned and humiliated by bernie and now i’m respirator cave syndrome crew

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Ahahahahha haha some real sicko poo poo

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nodelphi posted:

Posting through it. Lost sense of smell and tachycardia sucks. Can’t sleep.

So, story time: Had a lady come into the ER with typical covid symptoms last week, very short of breath. Unvaccinated, tried Bipap but it didn’t work at all. Had to intubations her and she was super hard to bag and was cyanotic.

Her lungs looked awful, worse than your typical covid pneumonia, I mean like concrete, only time I see lungs that bad are severe asbestosis, so I asked family some more questions. Turns out they were nebulizing colloidal silver into her for two weeks.

They insisted we continue doing this and of course I refused, saying it was killing her. They did not believe me and reported me to administration. Luckily they had my back but apparently there’s some dude in the community selling “nebulizable” colloidal silver in the community.

Everything is so stupid.

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

Throatwarbler posted:

Before the pandemic I tried my best to expose her to all aspects of American cuisine. We went to multiple IHOPs and Golden Corrals in different states. We had sweet potato casserole, pop tarts, "General Tso's Chicken", and she's just not into it at all.

America sucks for so many goddamn reasons, but why IHOP and Golden Corral? my goon there are much better restaurants

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nodelphi posted:

Posting through it. Lost sense of smell and tachycardia sucks. Can’t sleep.

So, story time: Had a lady come into the ER with typical covid symptoms last week, very short of breath. Unvaccinated, tried Bipap but it didn’t work at all. Had to intubations her and she was super hard to bag and was cyanotic.

Her lungs looked awful, worse than your typical covid pneumonia, I mean like concrete, only time I see lungs that bad are severe asbestosis, so I asked family some more questions. Turns out they were nebulizing colloidal silver into her for two weeks.

They insisted we continue doing this and of course I refused, saying it was killing her. They did not believe me and reported me to administration. Luckily they had my back but apparently there’s some dude in the community selling “nebulizable” colloidal silver in the community.

Lol my dad was on the colloidal silver alternative medicine train

Anyway he died at 46 from a treatable brain tumor

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
went to a deserted playground yesterday with my son and suddenly I started to hear this loud honking sound every few minutes.

turns out there were two kids riding scooters behind a portable school building and I couldn't see them. one of them had the loudest dry cough I've ever heard from a child.

we got the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
where the gently caress does johns hopkins get it's data from?

:eyepop:

Edit: nvm they do some weird reporting clumping

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 21, 2021