Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Nodelphi posted:

Posting through it. Lost sense of smell and tachycardia sucks. Can’t sleep.

So, story time: Had a lady come into the ER with typical covid symptoms last week, very short of breath. Unvaccinated, tried Bipap but it didn’t work at all. Had to intubations her and she was super hard to bag and was cyanotic.

Her lungs looked awful, worse than your typical covid pneumonia, I mean like concrete, only time I see lungs that bad are severe asbestosis, so I asked family some more questions. Turns out they were nebulizing colloidal silver into her for two weeks.

They insisted we continue doing this and of course I refused, saying it was killing her. They did not believe me and reported me to administration. Luckily they had my back but apparently there’s some dude in the community selling “nebulizable” colloidal silver in the community.

fuckin HELL

I hope you're feeling better (catching up rn)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Tradition must be observed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

College Rockout posted:

topols onto max titers. also sounds like doctors will be able to prescribe booster shots off-label instead of waiting for the cdc's approval and 8 months. would be a nice benefit if docs can prescribe themselves a booster since their immunity has probably significantly waned at this point
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1429078038931664904

Unfortunately I am a prime example of this. I was vaccinated in the first wave and I definitely don’t have a mild illness. Loss of smell, tachycardia sustained around 115, spiking fevers up to 103 and oxygen sats now 95%.

Could be worse I suppose but as soon as you can safely get a booster I recommend you do so.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

The polio vaccine sometimes gave you loving polio. It also got rid of polio. Too bad it's too late to ever stop COVID now.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

what's "covid"

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/bbchealth/status/1428864697164615687

Open Biden Johnson

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

In Training posted:

Orlando running out drinking water seems concerning

Do you expect me to water my orange groves with non-potable recycled water like some third world poor?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

smoobles posted:

what's "covid"

Some kinda bird

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Epic High Five posted:

Buy something cheap and use the rest as a tip? Exchange it for drugs?

grubhub caps tips at 50%, or at least they used to. drugs is probably the better option

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

congrats to Nodelphi on getting a real humdinger of an infection, you must be feeling very fortunate

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Apraxin posted:

womp womp
https://twitter.com/JoshMandelOhio/status/1428930069389615104
even by the standards of trump-era gop senate candidates, mandel is an especially unpleasant performative shithead

i think “woke” means “giving a poo poo about anybody other than yourself” in the context of this post

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

If it's a gift card the restaurant already has the money.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Water water everywhere, so let's all have a drink!

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Apraxin posted:

congrats to Nodelphi on getting a real humdinger of an infection, you must be feeling very fortunate

So *gasp* blessed

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Epic High Five posted:

Buy something cheap and use the rest as a tip? Exchange it for drugs?

i like the 1st idea, thanks. might spend the minimum to buy some candy from the 7-11 around the corner, then tip the rest. a quick ride for the driver to collect some easy bux, and a bonus piece of candy for me. everybody wins

fosborb posted:

grubhub caps tips at 50%, or at least they used to. drugs is probably the better option

ah drat nm i guess

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

cr0y posted:

If it's a gift card the restaurant already has the money.

Grubhub has the money, the employee picks a restaurant and spends it anywhere. The advice to pickup-order and split it with the staff in the form of the grubhub tip is good.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

mdemone posted:

sister-in-law Delta positive

mother-in-law presumed positive based on symptoms

two <12yo nephews positive

one infant nephew presumed positive

this house is now in lockdown even though we had not seen any of them for about 3 weeks, thank god

lol, same. My sister and her family all got it a week ago after her kids went back to school for TWO DAYS

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

you heard them, go catch covid so you don't catch covid

Gio posted:

i think “woke” means “giving a poo poo about anybody other than yourself” in the context of this post

calling someone "woke" with a sneer is the modern expression of "you think you're better than me, don't you"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

One of the most revealing things about this pandemic has been finding out just how many people think they've had the flu but have not, and how many more dont seem to really *get* pneumonia and assume it's no big deal

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Situation in Japan is opening new crack ping horizons for me

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

https://lexington.craigslist.org/grd/d/liberty-katahdin-hair-sheep-for-sale/7368294521.html anyhow, everybody have some sheep I'm looking at to expand the flock because my waiting list is at 83 people right now and keeps growing. the surprise ram lamb we had? sold. the surprise shetland ram lamb? he's 9 days old and has a bidding war on him right now. at least people can eat them if grocery stores go to poo poo.

Ahh, sheep. 200 lbs of stupidity looking for a painful way to die. Reminds me of something.

At least they're smart enough to listen to a border collie.

And no, I'm not thinking about that chud "I'm the sheepdog" meme. A border collie that stresses the flock is going find himself detached from his nutsack and retired someplace he can't gently caress up any longer. Killing a sheep likely means summary execution. But you go with that meme, dudes.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

you don't loving say...

Dr Adam Finn, by the way, is a children don't get sick from covid rear end in a top hat

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fosborb posted:

you don't loving say...

Dr Adam Finn, by the way, is a children don't get sick from covid rear end in a top hat

lmao

quote:

But Prof Riley said there was potential in using vaccines to "take the edge off" Covid, followed by infection, to broaden the immune response.

She said: "We really need to consider, are we just frightening people rather than giving them the confidence to get on with their lives? We're close to just worrying people now."

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

Nodelphi posted:

Unfortunately I am a prime example of this. I was vaccinated in the first wave and I definitely don’t have a mild illness. Loss of smell, tachycardia sustained around 115, spiking fevers up to 103 and oxygen sats now 95%.

Could be worse I suppose but as soon as you can safely get a booster I recommend you do so.

I was thinking of your case when I saw that. That sounds awful and I'm sorry this is happening to you. Most of the people I know got vaccinated as soon as they could and are at around the 4 month mark now. If we're really going to wait for the 8 month mark I'm worried that breakthroughs are probably going to skyrocket

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

Nodelphi posted:

Her lungs looked awful, worse than your typical covid pneumonia, I mean like concrete, only time I see lungs that bad are severe asbestosis, so I asked family some more questions. Turns out they were nebulizing colloidal silver into her for two weeks.

They insisted we continue doing this and of course I refused, saying it was killing her. They did not believe me and reported me to administration. Luckily they had my back but apparently there’s some dude in the community selling “nebulizable” colloidal silver in the community.

counter-propose mercury elixers next time

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Is declining blood oxygen level part of the normal immune response to infection, or is it a symptom specific to COVID signifying a potentially maladapted immune response? A lot of breakthrough symptoms sound like the normal way the body reacts to a minor infection, not the loss of smell or low blood oxygen though.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Man Musk posted:

Texas can’t keep the lights on and Florida can’t keep the tap on xD

https://twitter.com/davepuglisitv/status/1428785401897050115?s=21

:lol:

:laffo:

you absolute idiots, you morons

this was all preventable!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

523 days since March 16, 2020

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It means lungs are frowny face

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Throatwarbler posted:

I pay to post on a dead gay comedy forum, do you think it was a joke? Obviously we hit up plenty of higher end places too. I'm not joking about Golden Corral though, because it's an actual representation of authentic American cuisine and I won't apologize for America. :colbert:

Thoguh posted:

Tradition must be observed.

:rip:

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

I can't believe taking away unemployment does loving nothing for spurring employment. I am absolutely shocked.

No it doesn’t do nothing, it increases unemployment relative to keeping it.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

College Rockout posted:

I was thinking of your case when I saw that. That sounds awful and I'm sorry this is happening to you. Most of the people I know got vaccinated as soon as they could and are at around the 4 month mark now. If we're really going to wait for the 8 month mark I'm worried that breakthroughs are probably going to skyrocket

Or the boosters turn out to be irrelevant, it's not like governments are rigorously studying this stuff.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Nocturtle posted:

Is declining blood oxygen level part of the normal immune response to infection, or is it a symptom specific to COVID signifying a potentially maladapted immune response? A lot of breakthrough symptoms sound like the normal way the body reacts to a minor infection, not the loss of smell or low blood oxygen though.

I was under the impression that it's people waiting until they get pneumonia/walking pneumonia before they give in and go to the hospital.

I think you're right about the breakthrough infection symptoms. When your antibodies drop off the virus is able to establish in the front lines (sinuses and whatnot) before the T-cells wake up and beat its rear end.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

SKULL.GIF posted:

only 206 days till March 16, 2022!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

College Rockout posted:

This weekend is the last chance everyone has to get boosted without having to fight through crowds to do so

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Psshh. I destroyed the world with COVID in Plague Inc in 386 days.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Prof Riley is, I poo poo you not, a veterinarian

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hexigrammus posted:

Ahh, sheep. 200 lbs of stupidity looking for a painful way to die. Reminds me of something.

At least they're smart enough to listen to a border collie.

And no, I'm not thinking about that chud "I'm the sheepdog" meme. A border collie that stresses the flock is going find himself detached from his nutsack and retired someplace he can't gently caress up any longer. Killing a sheep likely means summary execution. But you go with that meme, dudes.

:getin: I run a border collie/pit/boxer/abunchofothershit mix who is currently training an australian cattle dog with me because she's almost 10. nothing fucks with her. In six months, nothing will gently caress with either of them. the acd pup already moves my entire flock of adults and she's 12 weeks old, she just gets a little unsure if she should continue all the way around the pen when she comes near me.

What meme are you talking about?

Grubhub goon: you could post in the goonbux thread and see if anybody needs a hot meal

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

McNugget Buddy posted:

This weekend is the last chance everyone has to get boosted without having to fight through crowds to do so

I'm sure after Sept 20 the lines will get extra crowded again from all the people who got dose 2 in Jan / Feb timeframe.

Also lol how the centrist sleep joe idea was setting the by the rules date to 8 months later, most likely to preserve US vaccine stocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:getin: I run a border collie/pit/boxer/abunchofothershit mix who is currently training an australian cattle dog with me because she's almost 10. nothing fucks with her. In six months, nothing will gently caress with either of them. the acd pup already moves my entire flock of adults and she's 12 weeks old, she just gets a little unsure if she should continue all the way around the pen when she comes near me.

What meme are you talking about?

Grubhub goon: you could post in the goonbux thread and see if anybody needs a hot meal

our australian cattle dog / terrier mix used to herd our toddlers and could outrun the rescue grey hounds at the dog park. loving amazing dogs