Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Nocturtle posted:

Is declining blood oxygen level part of the normal immune response to infection, or is it a symptom specific to COVID signifying a potentially maladapted immune response? A lot of breakthrough symptoms sound like the normal way the body reacts to a minor infection, not the loss of smell or low blood oxygen though.

it's a sign your lungs aren't working, likely because they're getting damaged in some way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

just go get your booster in the chudlands you won't have to deal with crowds

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

osprey posted:

my job sent me a grubhub gift card in lieu of buying me lunch, since i wfh

it's a kind gesture i guess but i don't want to give any money to the restaurant industry anymore. i don't want to support employees getting fed into the grinder to make burgers pop out of the burger hole

what the hell do i do with this thing

Feel the same way - After seeing the way small business tyrant restaurant owners have handled every bit of this.

One restaurant in town, (that is currently closed due to covid) had the owners going around to tables and jokingly offering diners complimentary toilet paper early on in march/april of last year. This is all one big joke and it will be over in a month and we can all get back to normal! We love to have fun here!

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Grubhub goon: you could post in the goonbux thread and see if anybody needs a hot meal

i am a dumb rear end for not thinking of this, great idea

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

fosborb posted:

our australian cattle dog / terrier mix used to herd our toddlers and could outrun the rescue grey hounds at the dog park. loving amazing dogs

the puppy's embark came back yesterday and supposedly she has a bit of pit somewhere way back, but both parents are registered dogs so uh, I dunno. she's still the fastest animal I've ever seen and I love it. She and my service dog are the best of buddies.

Mustached Demon posted:

just go get your booster in the chudlands you won't have to deal with crowds

Sincere offer: Anyone willing to go to Augusta, GA, I will hunt vaccine appt times for you, just PM me. This includes when it gets hard to find them in the future. I got 63 goons+goonfriends vaccinated last time around!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

McNugget Buddy posted:

This weekend is the last chance everyone has to get boosted without having to fight through crowds to do so

I doubt it, we had 4M people vaccinated in a day at the peak and even that wasn't ridiculous lines or crowds (although there was a lot more infrastructure setup for it).

Let's get real though no one is honestly holding out for full approval. The choosey people are waiting for J&J anyways because they only want one shot and done, and that isn't getting approved Monday (and it sucks balls).

The kid rush for off label won't be a rush. 30% of the country is antivax and will not jab their kids. I'd wager another 30% are in economic circumstances that disallow them from getting off-label--i.e. too poor to pediatrician shop until they find a doc that does it. So we'll probably see a bump of maybe 10 million kids over the course of a month or so as they get official permission from doctors.

Official boosters are only allowed after 8 months and it remains to be seen how gatekeeping states will be at enforcing that timing. If they are gatekeeping it then it will be a slow burn at the same rate as vaccinations ramped up.

So IMHO we'll be lucky if we see 2M people vaccinated a day again any time soon.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Real Mean Queen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7MgW8UbJQ

This is hella good, but I wouldn't recommend starting your day with it
lol I'm starting my day with this video and it owns, highly recommend actually

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

ABC News: Why you shouldn't rush to get a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot before it's your turn

The first three reasons they give are pretty straightforward talking points we’ve already seen: a longer wait produces a better booster response, the two-shot dose is wonderful maybe the third wouldn’t do anything, and let the most vulnerable get their shots first.

But the fourth reason is where it gets a little more exciting.

quote:

Waiting for the data

Pfizer and Moderna have gauged side effects from a third shot tantamount to the primary course -- fever, sore arm and fatigue -- while the rare risk of more serious side effects, like myocarditis, remains.

Faust points out the clinical trial data and real-world success of the vaccines have been an undeniable "slam dunk" thus far, but third doses are uncharted territory.

"The science on this is unavailable. And that's not a place where we've been before," Faust said, noting the risk of myocarditis has shown to happen more frequently after the second mRNA dose.

"What's the third dose going to do?" Faust said. "Is a third dose going to hospitalize more people for myocarditis than we're actually getting in return for the third dose of vaccine coverage? We literally don't know."

Feste fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 21, 2021

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
i stole an early third dose and i had 1 day of side effects and am feeling very strong and powerful. birds avoid me n o w

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Sincere offer: Anyone willing to go to Augusta, GA, I will hunt vaccine appt times for you, just PM me. This includes when it gets hard to find them in the future. I got 63 goons+goonfriends vaccinated last time around!

Dang, thats some good work, Fluffy. Well done.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

You know it's a great article when it includes the classic Fauci-ism "Waiting on the data / waiting on Science!"

Some more recent studies have found protection against the most common delta variant starts to wane around 2 months later, much sooner than 6 or 8 months being pitched
by the US CDC has the right time for getting the 3rd shot.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

ram dass in hell posted:

i stole an early third dose and i had 1 day of side effects and am feeling very strong and powerful. birds avoid me n o w

your tax dollars paid for it, no theft at all

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

etalian posted:

You know it's a great article when it includes the classic Fauci-ism "Waiting on the data / waiting on Science!"

Some more recent studies have found protection against the most common delta variant starts to wane around 2 months later, much sooner than 6 or 8 months being pitched
by the US CDC has the right time for getting the 3rd shot.

let's put fauci in prison and "wait on the science" to let him out

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

Also most states are throwing out their stock which hot beginning of the year MFG date codes due to shelf life.

360k in Georgia this month, 85k in Alabama.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feste posted:

ABC News: Why you shouldn't rush to get a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot before it's your turn

The first three reasons they give are pretty straightforward talking points we’ve already seen: a longer wait produces a better booster response, the two-shot dose is wonderful maybe the third wouldn’t do anything, and let the most vulnerable get their shots first.

But the fourth reason is where it gets a little more exciting.

Oh, Fauci…

That doesn't say Fauci

quote:

Dr. Jeremy Faust, an emergency medicine physician at Brigham and Women's Hospital, is skeptical of boosters for the broader population so soon.

"The risks are unknown, and the benefits are unknown. I can't, as a responsible physician, give someone advice, when I haven't been able to weigh those two things," Faust said, cautioning against taking a "shot in the dark."

lol some scrub ER doctor giving medical advice to a population of 330 million

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mod sassinator posted:

let's put fauci in prison and "wait on the science" to let him out

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

McNugget Buddy posted:

That doesn't say Fauci

I guess you could say he's proposing a Faustian bargain

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

mod sassinator posted:

no, i stole it from the dumpster it was truly intended for when it expired. the pharmacy i went to had a big sign in front of an empty line that said APPOINTMENTS ONLY, NO WALK INS , but there was literally no one there so i walked up and asked if i could have an appointment and they saw me for my first dose right away :angel:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

etalian posted:

Also most states are throwing out their stock which hot beginning of the year MFG date codes due to shelf life.

360k in Georgia this month, 85k in Alabama.

epic this ftw

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lawlicaust posted:

We got our boosters:

lol nice

also lmao at that FDA tweet. loving christ gently caress this failed nation

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

McNugget Buddy posted:

That doesn't say Fauci

I'd trust the data from a whole nation's hospital system than a random schmuck handing out half rear end advice.

There's a good reason why Israel decided to do a Booster program since due to running state of the art research they aren't "Waiting on the Science"

The CDC comes across being perpetually flat footed in this crisis and being behind on the latest scientific facts being found in other countries.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
it will be a big crack ping lol if the third shot booster ends up being worthless after a couple months though. the early israeli data is already showing third dose breakthroughs (and laffo, greg abbott was one too) but a lot of the third dosers in israel are 60+ folks that probably never had an immune response in the first place

i am _very_ suspicious of all these stupid "the science" explainers trying to show how after third dose 8 months later your body will build MORE antibodies and be super duper mega ultra protected! this is the same class of bullshittery that was thrown at everyone 6 months ago to get them complacent with the idea that the vaccines equal complete freedom and total protection, that you are an insane cave syndrom haver if you aren't at applebees and licking the bar

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hexigrammus posted:

Ahh, sheep. 200 lbs of stupidity looking for a painful way to die. Reminds me of something.

At least they're smart enough to listen to a border collie.

And no, I'm not thinking about that chud "I'm the sheepdog" meme. A border collie that stresses the flock is going find himself detached from his nutsack and retired someplace he can't gently caress up any longer. Killing a sheep likely means summary execution. But you go with that meme, dudes.

where's that clip of the sheep getting rescued from the crack and then happily bouncing right back into it

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

shut the gently caress up fauci

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Do you expect me to water my orange groves with non-potable recycled water like some third world poor?

dont forget ... faucet is similar to fauci .... ... wake up sheaple

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

it will be a big crack ping lol if the third shot booster ends up being worthless after a couple months though. the early israeli data is already showing third dose breakthroughs (and laffo, greg abbott was one too) but a lot of the third dosers in israel are 60+ folks that probably never had an immune response in the first place

i am _very_ suspicious of all these stupid "the science" explainers trying to show how after third dose 8 months later your body will build MORE antibodies and be super duper mega ultra protected! this is the same class of bullshittery that was thrown at everyone 6 months ago to get them complacent with the idea that the vaccines equal complete freedom and total protection, that you are an insane cave syndrom haver if you aren't at applebees and licking the bar

I wouldn't be surprised if they already gave Sleepy Joe a 3rd dose similar what Abbott got even though the PR narrative was he's going to wait 8 months like everyone else.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mod sassinator posted:

Pfizer's data shows max titers against Delta one-month post-3rd dose, and there's no way any of Israel's 3rd dose breakthroughs didn't contract the virus sooner than that - they didn't start administering shots to the elderly until a couple weeks ago.

It's possible Delta antibodies keep increasing post-3rd dose, but it's too soon to tell.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

got my third shot shot shot

everybody (get vaxxed)

triple pfizered

e:

I didn’t even lie. I just made an online appointment for CVS, walked in, they never asked about my immune, I explicitly told them it was my third shot, and they just vaxxed me up no fuss no muss.

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 21, 2021

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

McNugget Buddy posted:

Pfizer's data shows max titers against Delta one-month post-3rd dose, and there's no way any of Israel's 3rd dose breakthroughs didn't contract the virus sooner than that - they didn't start administering shots to the elderly until a couple weeks ago.

It's possible Delta antibodies keep increasing post-3rd dose, but it's too soon to tell.

nah they've been third dosing for almost a month: https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-begins-administering-3rd-covid-vaccine-dose-to-the-elderly/ over 10% of israel's entire population has a 3rd dose now I think I read

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
fibofauci sequence about any intervention:
-theres no evidence
-theres some evidence but we should wait for more results
-there's results but we should proceed slowly
-why haven't you done it already?
-we knew it worked but we lied so there'd be enough for frontline workers and the most vulnerable

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
at this point in the pandemic any official saying "it's possible <good thing happens>" should be met with a swift kick in the genitals

it was possible... the vaccines were perfect sterilizing immunity

it was possible... reinfection would never happen

it was possible... the virus wouldn't mutate into anything worse

it was possible... we had herd immunity in april 2020

lmao

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I feel like I'm at an ironic advantage for being in the last eligible category in Oregon. I couldn't get make a vaccine appointment until late April. Got the pokes May 1 and 22.
So if I have to wait 8 months, we're only gonna have more information available to us by then.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Real Mean Queen posted:

Pretty curious about why those nurses would know that at that time

Reference: "Naughty Nurses in Leather, Vol. 6"

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Tzen posted:

lol I'm starting my day with this video and it owns, highly recommend actually

Yeah it is very good, thanks OP!

I've been listening to this one, which is about being hosed over by your imperialist government pointlessly. Also one of the saddest songs I know of, but supposedly listening to sad songs when you're down helps for some reason?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqN1glz4JY

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

McNugget Buddy posted:

That doesn't say Fauci

lol, my bad. That makes more sense I thought he was really turning a corner

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I mean...its likely this has mutated into something worse in some low-vaccination third world country like Honduras or Florida right? And we just havent sequenced the mutation?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

loving lol, why give people an easily administrated wonder vaccine that’s free when we can purposefully infect tens of thousands of people at once and creat chaos and death as seen in the south

Why do these fuckwits get paid for this

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Substandard posted:

I paid :10bux: in 2007 to join a comedy forum, and now I'm a communist with access to reliable COVID info.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

"what if we magically already reached herd immunity" trotted out in may this year lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Iowa posting while thoguh is probed

lmao at the implication there was ever adequate contact tracing in iowa, or anywhere else in the US