Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

etalian posted:

I like how despite the time gap between Delta in India to US, Sleepy Joe did nothing to get the country ready for the inevitable.

Only lots of spin and PR talking points about return to the new normal. Maybe expanding liquid oxygen manufacturing capacity might have helped?

Look at this guy over here who doesn't appreciate a $0.16 cheaper 4th of July spread

Edit: cat using spice to tunnel through spacetime and attack a piece of paper

Forseti fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

I like how despite the time gap between Delta in India to US, Sleepy Joe did nothing to get the country ready for the inevitable.

Only lots of spin and PR talking points about return to the new normal. Maybe expanding liquid oxygen manufacturing capacity might have helped?

oh that's just india they're not as ADVANCED as america

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Forseti posted:

Look at this guy over here who doesn't appreciate a $0.16 cheaper 4th of July spread

with inflation its significantly cheaper, duh

wait

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

real respirator straps are pretty sturdy
just sayin

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Idiot Kicker posted:

I feel like I'm at an ironic advantage for being in the last eligible category in Oregon. I couldn't get make a vaccine appointment until late April. Got the pokes May 1 and 22.
So if I have to wait 8 months, we're only gonna have more information available to us by then.

get your loving booster right now you god drat muppet

8 months is the CDC looking at when the doses starting going out and thinking what's the least embarrassing time to tell people to get boosters. Would look pretty bad if there were already people late on 4 or 6 month boosters, but 8 months means we can start doing boosters right now, just on time!

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 21, 2021

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

etalian posted:

lmao how is covid supposed to cross the ocean?? magic???tiny virus airplanes??????

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

i love all the "how the gently caress did she do her eye makeup without losing an eye with those ticks"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

smoobles posted:

lmao how is covid supposed to cross the ocean?? magic???tiny virus airplanes??????

what the gently caress don't bring me into this

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oz has HAD ENOUGH

https://twitter.com/samanthamarika1/status/1428963099789258754

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1428943599140581377

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Crazypoops posted:

Fellow big head here, yes your giant bobble head breaks the straps you have to be careful and slide it on sightly more uncomfortably then tiny head creature

ugh gently caress it I’ll just get a half mask

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god
https://www.instagram.com/stories/queencitydom/2644725964437332616/

u cant even see half the story lmao

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
aussies yearn for the virus

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I unfriended the biggest chud I knew on Facebook some time last year because I was tired of seeing his bullshit and felt bad that I was only still friends with him so I could see when he caught covid and died from the combo of disease and obesity.

Haven't checked Facebook but I found his Twitter and he hasn't posted anything since March. He was pretty active on there, so I assume he is dead.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I feel the titers flowing through my blood like I'm Solid Snake and I got hit with FOXDIE

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SKULL.GIF posted:

oz has HAD ENOUGH

All my Aus friends on social media are hopping mad that the protests took place, posting up notes saying stuff like "If you took part in the protest then DEFRIEND ME NOW because YOU ARE DEAD TO ME"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Animal-Mother posted:

I unfriended the biggest chud I knew on Facebook some time last year because I was tired of seeing his bullshit and felt bad that I was only still friends with him so I could see when he caught covid and died from the combo of disease and obesity.

Haven't checked Facebook but I found his Twitter and he hasn't posted anything since March. He was pretty active on there, so I assume he is dead.

They had a crush on you and there was no point in staying on FB once you unfriended.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Thank god hollywood and the unions negotiated relaxed covid safety measures: https://deadline.com/2021/08/covid-outbreak-sony-lot-culver-city-1234819021/

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I finally jokerpilled my bf

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

just got my 3rd vaxx.

my immune system rn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T12ygsp9Mvg

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

etalian posted:

https://www.wmnf.org/ending-federal-benefits-lower-floridas-unemployment-but-didnt/

quote:

It’s been a rough 18 months for Dustin Adams.

The master electrician had risen to some of the highest levels in his trade. He’s the local president of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States, Its Territories and Canada. And for nearly 30 years, he’s been the house electrician at Ruth Eckerd Hall, one of the Tampa Bay region’s premier performing arts venues.

“I have a great skill set,” Adams said. “I can walk into any theater in the world and make stuff work.”

Then COVID hit. And his industry, like much of the world, just kind of shut down.

“It changes when I’m gonna retire,” Adams said. “Because now my retirement is almost completely wiped out. I just turned 50. I had a little sun on the horizon in 15 years. But now that sun on the horizon is gonna be a lot further away.”

holy poo poo, I've worked with that guy, in that venue.

our industry is getting absolutely wrecked by covid, and there's a real push to get these super spreader events running so people can pay bills. it loving sucks

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
why don't they just use the now saved trillions to pay everyone

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

jetz0r posted:

8 months is the CDC looking at when the does starting going out and thinking what's the least embarrassing time to tell people to get boosters. Would look pretty bad if there were already people late on 4 or 6 month boosters, but 8 months means we can start doing boosters right now, just on time!

OMG this is the reason.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

mod sassinator posted:

lmao they weren't murdering citizens to keep them in lockdown. china's culture is not "gently caress you, got mine"

No, but they used the military to enforce the lockdown and distribute food and whatnot, which is the only possible way to do it in the US since the cops are essentially a right wing gang who can't be relied on to enforce anything they don't want to.

It would also more or less have to be a federal initiative since half the states will leave everything to individual counties to decide what is best locally or banning any lockdown measures.

Realistically if we actually get a lockdown it will be a half assed thing like last time with plentiful exceptions for religious gatherings and in person school

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

jetz0r posted:

8 months is the CDC looking at when the does starting going out and thinking what's the least embarrassing time to tell people to get boosters. Would look pretty bad if there were already people late on 4 or 6 month boosters, but 8 months means we can start doing boosters right now, just on time!

I have become the joker

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

ram dass in hell posted:

i stole an early third dose and i had 1 day of side effects and am feeling very strong and powerful. birds avoid me n o w

same

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Bastard Tetris posted:

Do I just have a giant head, or are the n95s rubber straps supposed to break after a day’s usage?

the rubber band straps are only meant to used once, and will fail pretty fast. woven fabric straps are more durable and will hopefully last long enough for the mask to get soiled and thrown out.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Nocturtle posted:

OMG this is the reason.

It's hilarious and terrifying to realize most of the poo poo that comes out of the gov't is just rear end covering for the last poo poo.

Also I think we are watching an inter-agency power struggle between the CDC and the FDA/administration right now and it would be funny if it weren't for the cascade failure starting to happen. In that context, it is hysterical.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Strep Vote posted:

It's hilarious and terrifying to realize most of the poo poo that comes out of the gov't is just rear end covering for the last poo poo.

Also I think we are watching an inter-agency power struggle between the CDC and the FDA/administration right now and it would be funny if it weren't for the cascade failure starting to happen. In that context, it is hysterical.

yup, no matter who wins we all fail

better to look at israel and china for health information right now, lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I’m taking credit for reporting this bitch

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Xenos_RIFS/status/1429188847389200386

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
whats da best way to get a booster cspam

should i just walk into a walgreens or somethin

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
we tried a vaccine-only approach and that's not working so well. let's wait another 4 months to make sure its not working, then switch to a booster-only approach. certainly that's going to work!!

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

my brother just texted me 'do the chances of survival go down the longer you're intubated?' any MD goons want to weigh in?

god drat this sucks

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Lovelyn posted:

show us the hog

self rolling pork burrito

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Delta-Wye posted:

self rolling pork burrito

pig in a blanket

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Trip report, Pfizer 3 day 2.

Definitely my most intense response of either of my prior shots. Achy, tired, headache, feel possibly feverish but I ain't getting off the couch to check. Sore arm of course.

Blast my blood with your antibodies, BioNtech. Max my titers!!!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Nocturtle posted:

OMG this is the reason.
https://diabolical.substack.com/p/we-have-to-team-up-to-beat-the-sars
the FP article it quotes is behind a paywall, someone in the thread linked and quoted it a while ago.

quote:

According to Israel, and to Pfizer, vaccine-induced immune response shifts from a powerful form replete with neutralizing antibodies drifting in the bloodstream to the quieter B cell memory type within about four months’ time after the second dose. Neutralizing antibody production declines, Pfizer says, about 6 percent per month, hitting 84 percent vaccine efficacy by month six. By eight months, it’s all about memory, which leaves the individuals highly vulnerable to infection.

my completely untrained interpretation of this is that the short term immune response is gone by 8 months, leaving only the slow long term memory response. that implies that at 8+ months, the immune response is at a floor, it could wane a bit more, but the quicker acting response is gone and the system might be stable at that point. that sounds pretty bad, so shouldn't the boosters come BEFORE individuals hit that immune response floor?

again, as an untrained idiot hellfucker, I would want to get a booster while that short term immune response is still around. rather than waiting for it bottom out. that suggests boosters in the 4-6 month range, not in the 8+ month range. given the CDC's record of making the worst decisions, i'm glad I got my booster at 4 months.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

etalian posted:

Imagine doing something and it turning out to be unnecessary. We can't take that chance!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

anime was right posted:

whats da best way to get a booster cspam

should i just walk into a walgreens or somethin

walk in to rite aid, give some fake info and get your first shot of moderna or pfizer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

post COVID posted:

my brother just texted me 'do the chances of survival go down the longer you're intubated?' any MD goons want to weigh in?

god drat this sucks

as far as i'm aware, i believe the answer is yes

speaking of which:

smoobles posted:

is Phil Valentine alive

sadly yes, but on the plus side, suffering greatly