Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

he certainly does have ‘full immunity’ now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iverron
May 13, 2012

lol they just booed trump for saying he took the vaccine

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
it would be cool to find a guy who called like 5-6 coin flips correctly in 2008 and make him the go-to guy on a wide variety of public policy questions

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Were there any studies that looked into reacting to first shot=you had covid? I had huge reactions to the first shot and none to the second and was pretty sick in early 2020 in my somewhat upscale Chinese neighbourhood.

Anecdotal but I had a weird "head cold" that seemed kinda like a sinus infection with fatigue in early 2020, partner lost their sense of smell around then and is only now having it slowly come back. Unlikely that we had covid that early but we do live near a major international airport, and rich globetrotter fucks were flying in covid via DIA from very early on in the pandemic and the ski resort towns in Colorado had serious outbreaks back then.

First pfizer shot was just some soreness of the arm. Second, a bit of general soreness the day after. :shrug:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

he got three vaccines, took daily tests, and was immediately put on strong anti-virals the moment he got tested positive, before even symptoms. i'd actually be worried if he wasn't okay.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

go for a stroll posted:

it would be cool to find a guy who called like 5-6 coin flips correctly in 2008 and make him the go-to guy on a wide variety of public policy questions

what did nate silver even successfully predict in 2008? that obama was gonna win? everyone knew that.

I don't remember this cause I was like 14 years old then

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Nah, he just should have played more X-COM. "95% chance? That's basically guaranteed, so let's... OH YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!"

Fire Emblem has done such significant damage to our understanding of statistics.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I've been farting a lot and for long periods of time after my 3rd booster. What should I do?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Fireside Nut posted:

he certainly does have ‘full immunity’ now lol

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Nate "Colloidal" Silver

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

yikes, 90k cases for a saturday with 30 states not reporting.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Hollismason posted:

I've been farting a lot and for long periods of time after my 3rd booster. What should I do?

those are antibodies leaving your body, breathe them in so they don’t go to waste

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I was fixing my computer and touching grass today, is covid over or is everyone dead? did I miss any good 'lol lmaos'?

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EShUeudtaFg

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Casey Finnigan posted:

what did nate silver even successfully predict in 2008? that obama was gonna win? everyone knew that.

I don't remember this cause I was like 14 years old then

He nailed 2012 with the amazing insight that state level polls matter more than national ones

A lot of idiots thought that because Romney was close nationally it was a tossup. I made a bunch of money betting on Obama after he had a bad debate (the second one I think) and the national polls tied momentarily

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Hollismason posted:

The third booster has blessed you with a bean gland, just enjoy the ride

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rauros posted:

yikes, 90k cases for a saturday with 30 states not reporting.

cause for celebration we should do a concert

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Nah, he just should have played more X-COM. "95% chance? That's basically guaranteed, so let's... OH YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!"

euphronius posted:

Xcom has ruined statistics for me. they are lies

lol yeah

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Zmej posted:

I was fixing my computer and touching grass today, is covid over or is everyone dead? did I miss any good 'lol lmaos'?

Abbott live. Jesse Jackson soon to die

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
is trump being funny again?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Even if I didn't live in a lovely state with ~50% willingly unvaccinated and/or didn't give a poo poo about children or anyone else, I'm still happy to take a few extra measures to avoid the "not severe" symptoms of breakthrough covid. I don't get what's so hard to understand about that. Should i be wandering out in giant unmasked crowds trying to see if I can get infected and what happens when i do?

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
seriously did any goon contracting covid keep track
of what their healthy resting heart rate was and what it was during covid infection? genuinely curious.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The team blue messaging about "protect other people" disappeared the absolute instant that they thought covid couldn't hurt them personally; putting them on the same footing as the team red people who believed that even without vaccines

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

What was this, it's gone now

Edit: reactions made it sound like batch testing of kids and teachers somewhere turned up a very high rate of asymptomatic infections

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

The team blue messaging about "protect other people" disappeared the absolute instant that they thought covid couldn't hurt them personally; putting them on the same footing as the team red people who believed that even without vaccines

Well, it's just that a bad economy hurts the blue team's chances of re-election for the midterms. Why aren't you out there making more money? More importantly, why aren't you out there spending it?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

kalensc posted:

Edit: reactions made it sound like batch testing of kids and teachers somewhere turned up a very high rate of asymptomatic infections

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol the first of many, really surprised him and other important people haven't been boosted yet
8 month boosters lmaooooo

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

speng31b posted:

Even if I didn't live in a lovely state with ~50% willingly unvaccinated and/or didn't give a poo poo about children or anyone else, I'm still happy to take a few extra measures to avoid the "not severe" symptoms of breakthrough covid. I don't get what's so hard to understand about that. Should i be wandering out in giant unmasked crowds trying to see if I can get infected and what happens when i do?

Nate thinks nobody hangs out with him because they're scared of covid

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

:argh:

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

kalensc posted:

He updated the post. So it's not 14k 'new' cases, it's 4k new, and 10k previously unreported being added in.

https://twitter.com/AndrewRomano/status/1429243496456593408

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

etalian posted:

Also immunocompromised people who haven't received a 3rd booster shot.

There were people who produced zero antibodies from the first two shots in studies of people taking immune modulating drugs like Humira. A fraction of the immune compromised population will have no immunity, many more will have reduced, and some can't take the shots at all.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1429255770240163848

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

cenotaph posted:

There were people who produced zero antibodies from the first two shots in studies of people taking immune modulating drugs like Humira. A fraction of the immune compromised population will have no immunity, many more will have reduced, and some can't take the shots at all.

I wouldn't mind knowing more about the humira study since I'm on it.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

"if it doesn't work you'll be the first to know"

lmao

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

lol he's aware that if they all die there's no one to vote for him in 2024

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Helith posted:

lol he's aware that if they all die there's no one to vote for him in 2024

I think he's just trying to get the social media to let him back on

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/somebadideas/status/1429257420849754119

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

mod sassinator posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1429074141320302598

right on track to about 2 weeks until we're past the winter surge worst hospitalizations and probably 4 weeks until complete US healthcare system collapse

I’ve either crack pinged or I’m a sick bastard watching this on awe and morbid curiosity for what happens when/if it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Koirhor posted:

seriously did any goon contracting covid keep track
of what their healthy resting heart rate was and what it was during covid infection? genuinely curious.

My resting rate is 111 so if I get COVID I'll post an update.