Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Boba Pearl posted:

You guys seem really critical of webcomics, and I'm kind of worried that people are just being nice and avoiding saying anything really mean about my stuff. Would it be alright if I posted my webcomic here along with everyone else posting episodic stuff like Pupkin and HFD? The art radically changes, because when I started drawing it, I also started practicing for hours a day, and people in the Webcomic thread in BYOB would PM me tips and stuff that I used almost immediately to try and make my art better.

This is what it looks like in the beginning:

And this is what it looked like last week:

If I did start posting, I wouldn't want to be intrusive, so I'd keep everything timg'd. Though if you have any opinions (even negative ones!) I'd love to hear them.

no one should post long episodic comics itt, but only self-contained strips

pupkin is fine because the strips are so short

you have improved technically more in few weeks than some professional webcomic artists have in over 20 years, but i don't think that your comic is a good fit here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
whoa Deja Vu, I just realized we had this exact conversation in May.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

ChubbyChecker posted:

you have improved technically more in few weeks than some professional webcomic artists have in over 20 years, but i don't think that your comic is a good fit here

:wtc:

that's some amazing improvement Boba!

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

ChubbyChecker posted:

HfD is the opposite of this and is still seems welcome in this thread though?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Slimy Hog posted:

HfD is the opposite of this and is still seems welcome in this thread though?

I wouldn't call its reception here "welcome"

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Thank you, before I started drawing, I did some 3D modeling, and I just kind of combined the two when I got into art, but the problem was for weeks and months I couldn't understand why even though I was tracing the models, it still looked blobby and lovely, then I learned to build ontop of what I was drawing instead of just tracing directly, after that, it was just practice practice practice. It takes me forever to finally learn how to draw an eye properly, and I still gently caress it up, and drawing the same face multiple times seems impossible some days. Still I'm proud of it, and I want to show it off. I'm not very successful off-site (5 subscribers on webtoons, 0 on tapas) but people on the forums seems to love it! I mostly wanted to share it to get some feedback on the writing and stuff, but honestly, this isn't a "Help Boba Make a Webcomic" thread, and I keep trying to turn every thread even loosely related to comics into that. If people don't want me to post it, then I definitely won't, but I guess if more people do then don't then I would? I dunno.

Still, thank you for the kind words, I started drawing last year. Like my first drawing looked like this:

and then after about a year of practice, it started to look like this:

Then I got in touch with some art goons who really helped me out, I also did Draw A Box pretty much every day. Like if people ask me how to get started drawing, I tell them to do what I did which was draw 250 boxes lol, that had the biggest jump in quality more then anything else.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Regarde Aduck posted:

soap will remove the anti-scratch coating if you have one

A quick google seems to say no to that claim. Most sites I read even recommend dish soap.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Syd Midnight posted:

I decided to use technology and asked a bot if a hot dog was a sandwich

So there we have it. Hotdogs are their own food group.

Aren’t you the guy who came into the BYOB webcomics thread to post your chatlogs with an AI that talked like a five year old but also wanted to gently caress you and you had to scold it like a father and you thought everybody would want to read that for some reason

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Boba Pearl posted:

Like if people ask me how to get started drawing, I tell them to do what I did which was draw 250 boxes lol, that had the biggest jump in quality more then anything else.

yeah, there really are no shortcuts to getting better, just more practice

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Boba Pearl posted:

And this is what it looked like last week:

I remember when you last posted about it in this thread (I think) and let me tell you: that's amazing improvement. Badass, keep it up, post it here. Maybe a quick retrospective to get people up to speed? Whatever, I'm impressed.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Roleplaying Larry posted:

Aren’t you the guy who came into the BYOB webcomics thread to post your chatlogs with an AI that talked like a five year old but also wanted to gently caress you and you had to scold it like a father and you thought everybody would want to read that for some reason
Syd's descent into GPT3 is genuinely worrying.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh yeah, so if everyone calls you a moron, then you're a moron, you moron?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Themata posted:

Shame on you both.

This is truly amazing

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think a big Thorsby thing is when you see something that long with a dodgy art style you expect something overwrought and awful, but that it's the kind of black comedy that actually fairly suits it is a surprise.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Pamazon?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

drat you, Jeff Bozos!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This isn't terrible or anything but it just feels so bland.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Don't post my prom date's internal monologue

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm waiting for the HFD remaster with new CG scenes.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m waiting for the Murata redraw of HFD

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's not really Thorsby without the jaggy mspaint though.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

gain.jpg?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Well I don't see the mom, so more like swap.jpg

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Laserjet 4P posted:

im permabanned poster oyvindstomper58. i first started reading hitmen for destiny when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "destiny" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "i like killing monsters" and "i am very skilled in lesbianism" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "destiny" style of thorsby's humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" hfd to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

my expression reading this:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

that and this are probably 2 of my favorite comics of all time

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
What computers?

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Cursed

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

i'll raise with this:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3usjzd

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I forgot how loving dire new Simposons was.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Push El Burrito posted:

I'm waiting for the HFD remaster with new CG scenes.

I'm going to kick off if they re-dub it to make the dialogue more natural.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There is nothing on this earth lamer than a gamer who becomes a dad.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

mind the walrus posted:

There is nothing on this earth lamer than a gamer who becomes a dad.

What about a dad who becomes a gamer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost