Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Casey Finnigan posted:

I hope you guys don't jump off the same cliff the rest of the English-speaking world is diving off of

If our conservative government had been in power we'd be as hosed as Australia is right now. So far approval of the government and its anti-covid measures seems pretty high, compliance with lockdown is quite good etc. I'm worried that its not going to last forever though, the more hopeless the rest of the world is the more pressure there will be to just give up here as well. At least the government here has quite openly admitted that vaccines aren't the whole answer and aren't super effective and stopping the spread of delta so its nice to see that they're not yet ready to pretend that vaccinations are the only thing keeping us from getting back to brunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm pretty sure it was started by a company that had stock in individual vaccines for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella attempting to discredit the combo MMR vax

Andrew Wakefield led the modern anti-vax renaissance, not long after the satanic panic of the '80s died away.

Humanity seems to need some sort of mass hysteria as an outlet for the crazies.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean we're talking about the same people who stormed the Capitol and then failed to capture or kill any politicians, and then got several of themselves killed via taserballs and heart attacks. They're not gonna do poo poo cuz they're a bunch of clowns

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Iron Crowned posted:

I've got the Sunday evening anxiety

i don't because i'm starting my new job tomorrow :grin:

if you'd like this feeling....

Are YOU a C-SPAMMER who has had their job hosed by COVID or is being forced to go back to a plague pit so your boss can see your smile?
Do YOU or someone you know have a knot in their stomach because they have to roll the dice with death every day for a pitiful paycheck?
Do YOU have a stable internet connection for 40 hours a week and are able to read words, talk without throwing up, and not be a total shithead on the phone?
Do YOU live in Ohio, Delaware, Utah Arizona, or Illinois?

GOOD NEWS! WE'RE HIRING!

Hi! My name is Business Gorillas and I want to do BUSINESS with YOU!!! My company is currently hiring for phone jockeys in a couple different departments. These are entry-level customer service positions with the following benefits:

- :siren: COMPLETELY WORK FROM HOME, WE'LL EVEN MAIL YOU A COMPUTER :siren:
- $16.00/hour starting and guaranteed full time
- A signing bonus of up to $2,000 if you stay for one year.
- Full benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, ~20 days of PTO, no-excuse sick time, and education assistance totaling a maximum of $10,000 a year.

I'm not going to lie, the jobs I have are dull and unrewarding, but I bet your current job is too! Tell those petty tyrants you debase yourself for tips to or that retail manager who keeps hitting on the 17 year olds to work with to :supaburn:GO TO HELL:supaburn: and join a company that won't ask you to risk your lungs for your pay. Hell, as long as you're not awful, there's plenty of room for promotions as soon as there's spots available!

:smith: "All I have on my resume is that I was a worker at the Dick Sucking Factory for 3 years and a Grease Trap at McDonald's..." :smith:
I DON'T CARE. I'm not here to make commissions or get money for what I'm doing, I'm here to keep you alive. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO RISK THEIR LIFE FOR A PAYCHECK, AND THAT INCLUDES YOU. Send me a DM and we'll work on your resume! I'm a bullshit artist by trade, so let me help YOU get a job where you can dodge Delta.

:smith: "I'm not in one of those states you talked about..." :smith:
SEND ME A DM ANYWAYS! If I can't find you a job, I'm working with other goons that also have positions at their own companies. If they're a good fit, I'll connect you two!

:smith: "I want a WFH job, but I have skills and $16.00 doesn't work for me..." :smith:
STILL TALK TO ME! The goons I'm working with have other jobs available. Hell, if I think you're overqualified for my jobs, I'll connect you to them anyways! I want you to make as much money for as little work as possible!

WE LOSE ENOUGH OF OUR LIVES TO OUR WORK, GOON. THERE'S NO REASON TO LOSE YOUR LIFE BECAUSE OF IT.

Inquire Within or send me an email at wfhjobsforgoons at gmail dot com

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
As of 2019 no-longer-Doctor Wakefield was still touring Eastern Europe promoting anti-vax poo poo.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Get ready to watch Minnesota explode because we're just getting up there in daily cases and we're about to have the state fair with zero safety measures!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

Like we're so stupid as a society that anti-vax sentiment is only moderately more disconcerting than the behavior of people who are actually vaccinated, and it's way less worrying than our government's complete unwillingness to do anything at all.

Completely agree. Well put

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Zisky posted:

Vaccines were a convenient bogeyman for rich white ladies with autistic kids that couldn't stand the thought of a fault in their own DNA.

it's not just rich people. my chud cousin has a kid with high functioning autism and she's the same kind of batshit stupid crazy.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Zisky posted:

As of 2019 no-longer-Doctor Wakefield was still touring Eastern Europe promoting anti-vax poo poo.

Jesus are you serious

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Hillary 2024 posted:

Andrew Wakefield led the modern anti-vax renaissance, not long after the satanic panic of the '80s died away.

Humanity seems to need some sort of mass hysteria as an outlet for the crazies.

this is why I blame the WWE for everything

it started sucking big time at the same time everyone started going absolutely loving insane. the dummies no longer had their morality play to depend on for catharsis so they turned to politics

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Business Gorillas posted:

i don't because i'm starting my new job tomorrow :grin:

if you'd like this feeling....

Are YOU a C-SPAMMER who has had their job hosed by COVID or is being forced to go back to a plague pit so your boss can see your smile?
Do YOU or someone you know have a knot in their stomach because they have to roll the dice with death every day for a pitiful paycheck?
Do YOU have a stable internet connection for 40 hours a week and are able to read words, talk without throwing up, and not be a total shithead on the phone?
Do YOU live in Ohio, Delaware, Utah Arizona, or Illinois?

GOOD NEWS! WE'RE HIRING!

Hi! My name is Business Gorillas and I want to do BUSINESS with YOU!!! My company is currently hiring for phone jockeys in a couple different departments. These are entry-level customer service positions with the following benefits:

- :siren: COMPLETELY WORK FROM HOME, WE'LL EVEN MAIL YOU A COMPUTER :siren:
- $16.00/hour starting and guaranteed full time
- A signing bonus of up to $2,000 if you stay for one year.
- Full benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, ~20 days of PTO, no-excuse sick time, and education assistance totaling a maximum of $10,000 a year.

I'm not going to lie, the jobs I have are dull and unrewarding, but I bet your current job is too! Tell those petty tyrants you debase yourself for tips to or that retail manager who keeps hitting on the 17 year olds to work with to :supaburn:GO TO HELL:supaburn: and join a company that won't ask you to risk your lungs for your pay. Hell, as long as you're not awful, there's plenty of room for promotions as soon as there's spots available!

:smith: "All I have on my resume is that I was a worker at the Dick Sucking Factory for 3 years and a Grease Trap at McDonald's..." :smith:
I DON'T CARE. I'm not here to make commissions or get money for what I'm doing, I'm here to keep you alive. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO RISK THEIR LIFE FOR A PAYCHECK, AND THAT INCLUDES YOU. Send me a DM and we'll work on your resume! I'm a bullshit artist by trade, so let me help YOU get a job where you can dodge Delta.

:smith: "I'm not in one of those states you talked about..." :smith:
SEND ME A DM ANYWAYS! If I can't find you a job, I'm working with other goons that also have positions at their own companies. If they're a good fit, I'll connect you two!

:smith: "I want a WFH job, but I have skills and $16.00 doesn't work for me..." :smith:
STILL TALK TO ME! The goons I'm working with have other jobs available. Hell, if I think you're overqualified for my jobs, I'll connect you to them anyways! I want you to make as much money for as little work as possible!

WE LOSE ENOUGH OF OUR LIVES TO OUR WORK, GOON. THERE'S NO REASON TO LOSE YOUR LIFE BECAUSE OF IT.

Inquire Within or send me an email at wfhjobsforgoons at gmail dot com

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Captain Magic posted:

this is why I blame the WWE for everything

it started sucking big time at the same time everyone started going absolutely loving insane. the dummies no longer had their morality play to depend on for catharsis so they turned to politics

I think you reading that teleology backwards

Zisky
May 6, 2003

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

it's not just rich people. my chud cousin has a kid with high functioning autism and she's the same kind of batshit stupid crazy.

Yeah they exist too but the crazy trickled down from yuppie moms in places like Santa Monica and Palos Verdes.

Conveniently Palos Verdes High School is one of the first in the county with a major Covid outbreak already.

Hmmmmm.

Edit: and TERF island ofc, some new mom web forum is still radicalizing people against vaccines there

Zisky fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 23, 2021

Zisky
May 6, 2003

mdemone posted:

Jesus are you serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jwO-QY4TCU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Yeah for some reason desperate people left behind by capitalism will latch on to crazy poo poo. Now it's an existential threat thanks to the right weaponising it. Yayyyyyyyy.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The idea that FDA approval is finally going to answer the nevervax is real loving dumb and completely ignorant of the entire trump cult history of simply moving goal posts and contortion to make reality to their liking.

It'll be poo poo like it was rushed, still no long term studies, kid vax isn't approved yet, etc.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Shitpostradomus posted:

he didn't really get that but his next question was if i had ever heard of ivermectin. sure have. he wants to know if him and his buddy (they both own horses) have some of that like... how much would they need to take because obviously the bottle doesn't say how much to take and they can't ask the people at Rural King because there's a sign next to the horse paste saying "don't loving eat the horse paste."
anyhow, i just got a text from him asking if i'd go check on the horses since the whole family is over at the hospital since his chud friend apparently ate like a whole tube of horse paste and flopped into a coma / various degrees of Glasgow. i don't know if that was code for making sure there wasn't any ivermectin laying around but whatever: i said i'm really busy and hope his friend gets better.
anyhow i'm not a doctor or anything and this is just anecdotal evidence but maybe eating horse paste you bought from Rural King is a subpar idea unless you're medically accredited to know how much horse paste that you bought at Rural King to eat. thanks for your attention to this matter.

Sounds like a problem that solves itself. You may need to line up another job if the company will go under while your boss is in a horse paste induced coma.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Don Corleone was right, some men really do go through life begging to be killed.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Pillowpants posted:

I’m SO mad.

My wife’s cousin/best friend is an idiot anti vax nut and so is most of that family. They went to a wedding last night, took a picture of them all flipping the finger at me and posted it on Facebook (tagging me and labeling it superspreader event)

mind you, they have a daughter in quarantine because someone at daycare tested positive.

Am I evil for hoping one of them gets a bad case of Covid but not bad enough to be hospitalized?

They gave you the gift of being able to take a picture of you giving them the middle finger when one of them gets sick.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

mdemone posted:

Don Corleone was right, some men really do go through life begging to be killed.

The ability of assholes like that to operate with impunity is as good an argument as any for radical action.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Asproigerosis posted:

The idea that FDA approval is finally going to answer the nevervax is real loving dumb and completely ignorant of the entire trump cult history of simply moving goal posts and contortion to make reality to their liking.

It'll be poo poo like it was rushed, still no long term studies, kid vax isn't approved yet, etc.

a bunch of people are all going to suddenly know Pfizer was originally set to finish trials in 2022

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

mdemone posted:

Jesus are you serious

It's not as if he can earn a living as a doctor anymore. Dude needs to hawk his books and do speaking tours to stay solvent.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Anti-vax sentiment plays really well in parts of Eastern Europe that still subscribe to Orthodox Christian versions of natural medicine and faith healing. My aunt is unfortunately one of those, and sure as poo poo she and my uncle became chuds once they moved here.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Zisky posted:

Anti-vax sentiment plays really well in parts of Eastern Europe that still subscribe to Orthodox Christian versions of natural medicine and faith healing. My aunt is unfortunately one of those, and sure as poo poo she and my uncle became chuds once they moved here.

I know one and her solution to every ailment includes olive oil

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Get ready to watch Minnesota explode because we're just getting up there in daily cases and we're about to have the state fair with zero safety measures!

Iowa is doing that right now so just look south to see your future.

I think it won't really pop off until September though, after there are a couple cycles of school spread.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

skewetoo posted:

I know one and her solution to every ailment includes olive oil

Mine went to Europe for cancer "treatment" that I'm pretty sure was just homeopathy.

Miraculously she survived (after actual medical intervention) and since then it's proof that all that poo poo works.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OK baizuo posted:

I mean we're talking about the same people who stormed the Capitol and then failed to capture or kill any politicians, and then got several of themselves killed via taserballs and heart attacks. They're not gonna do poo poo cuz they're a bunch of clowns

Exactly.

Wagging our fingers or looking down on antivaxxers isn't going to change anything. In fact, it might just make them cling even harder to their beliefs.

I'm completely serious when I say these people are incapable of being reasoned with, and that we must strategize as such. No reason, no logic, no propaganda will convince them otherwise. Not even faced with death will convince them otherwise. I say all this with sympathy too: they're totally not capable of rational thought about this issue; they've been deeply pilled and there's close to zero chance anyone, even their loved family members, will be able to get them out of it.

We do not deserve to live our lives filled with permanent plague because we also live with people who are too pilled to be reasoned with. An actual functioning government would protect us from that, no matter how unpopular it was.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Infections in LA are shifting towards richer younger people

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lenin Stimpy posted:

Exactly.

Wagging our fingers or looking down on antivaxxers isn't going to change anything. In fact, it might just make them cling even harder to their beliefs.

I'm completely serious when I say these people are incapable of being reasoned with, and that we must strategize as such. No reason, no logic, no propaganda will convince them otherwise. Not even faced with death will convince them otherwise. I say all this with sympathy too: they're totally not capable of rational thought about this issue; they've been deeply pilled and there's close to zero chance anyone, even their loved family members, will be able to get them out of it.

We do not deserve to live our lives filled with permanent plague because we also live with people who are too pilled to be reasoned with. An actual functioning government would protect us from that, no matter how unpopular it was.

same but also the people who get vaccinated but also refuse to modify any of their behaviors during a pandemic

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Steve Yun posted:

Infections in LA are shifting towards richer younger people

Open Garcetti!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Lenin Stimpy posted:

Exactly.

You're right but there is a silver lining. They're huge pussies and fold instantly when presented even the smallest amount of force. The reason they have all this messaging about "YA'LL VAX AGENTS GON SEE MY GUN BARREL" is that they have to avoid a police officer forcing them to get vaxed at all costs because they would instantly fold without any resistance at all and the argument would be over.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
oh good i hope the rich die

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

ya having state and various local fairs going & schools reopening the week after is going to wreck a lot of lib narratives here

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

skewetoo posted:

I hope nodelphi is doing well omg :ohdear:

when’s the last we heard from them?

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Schnorkles posted:

less infectious, not un infectious u idiots that's the point ffs why is everyone on every side arguing in such bad faith

Everyone knows technically correct is the best kind of correct

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Ruggan posted:

when’s the last we heard from them?

Today they seemed fine 😸

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Lol yeah it's burning up the West LA, conveniently where I live. Oh well back to grocery delivery/pickup.

I bought my dog some K9 N-95s too for when it gets even worse since parents love letting their unmasked kids run up on my pooch (realistically the chances are slim but wildfires are year round now so why not).

Zisky
May 6, 2003

In case anybody is similarly worried about their dog:

https://www.k9mask.com/

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I've had to make peace with the fact that when covid rips through my household soon it will probably take out my 18 year old cat. I'm sad. That's all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Zisky posted:

In case anybody is similarly worried about their dog:

https://www.k9mask.com/

Cat masks when