Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zokari posted:

ah yes, definitely playing into the thought process of people taking animal medicine because someone on facebook told them to

please, they're doing it because someone on tv told them to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

How much higher are breakthroughs with delta that it changed anyone's calculations? Serious breakthrough cases are still really rare.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/vashon_photo/status/1429598094019158016?s=20

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wiltsghost posted:

College students moved back into town this weekend. Went to get groceries earlier and out of the 10 that I saw there, 2 were wearing masks. This is going to be very bad in a few weeks. Would be nice if they gave a poo poo but that's college kids for you.

college kids here are partying just like it was 2019 lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/isaacstanbecker/status/1429531962012753921

Oh word?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Substandard posted:

I mean ivermectin horse paste also tells you the dose per hundred pounds on the tube. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out how much to take to not die, but I'm not going to test that theory

Horses are the same as people per lb.

No difference in livers or anything else.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Substandard posted:

I grew up a huge Jenny McCarthy fan because she was both a playboy playmate of the year and the host of MTV's singled out while I was a teen.

Never once did I think "here is a woman who should be giving people medical advice".

back in the early days of the internet in computer class one of the kids in our class downloaded a topless picture of Jenny McCarthy on the computer hooked up to the big 32 inch CRT on one of those mobile carts. Everyone in the class saw it except the teacher was facing the chalkboard and the kid who downloaded it managed to close out the window a split second before he turned out to see it.

that's the extent of interactions I've had regarding Jenny McCarthy

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

My cat caught covid when I did. It just seemed to make him sneezy and more sleepy than usual but he recovered quicker than I did.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Thoguh posted:

It's just amazing to me how completely over COVID is for most people at the same time that hospitals fill up and we enter a huge wave.

It is why I gave up! Nobody in my life is taking any precautions so it doesn't matter. Enjoyed my vacation in Mankato though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Buttigieg got a anime style nosebleed reading that article.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Blue DeSantis
https://twitter.com/isaacstanbecker/status/1429580301366407173?s=20

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Shitpostradomus posted:

around four days ago my boss (it's one of those situations where i can answer p much any question so i'm essentially his google as well as BizDev as well as IT; there are a lot of boundary issues is what i guess i'm saying) hits me up if i've ever used DuckDuckGo and i'm like, "nah. i'm not batshit crazy so the search results provided by Google are normally fine for me."

he didn't really get that but his next question was if i had ever heard of ivermectin. sure have. he wants to know if him and his buddy (they both own horses) have some of that like... how much would they need to take because obviously the bottle doesn't say how much to take and they can't ask the people at Rural King because there's a sign next to the horse paste saying "don't loving eat the horse paste."

'i mean, i... wouldn't?'

he says, "well yeah me neither it's just -- with (son's name) back in school and playing travel baseball and (daughter) back in school: we just don't want to catch this you know?" the whole office is unvaxed. 'just need some more data.' that type. anyhow, i just got a text from him asking if i'd go check on the horses since the whole family is over at the hospital since his chud friend apparently ate like a whole tube of horse paste and flopped into a coma / various degrees of Glasgow. i don't know if that was code for making sure there wasn't any ivermectin laying around but whatever: i said i'm really busy and hope his friend gets better.

so i assume he'll probably have it within the next five days since they don't really mask or anything.

maybe i'll just call in this week.

anyhow i'm not a doctor or anything and this is just anecdotal evidence but maybe eating horse paste you bought from Rural King is a subpar idea unless you're medically accredited to know how much horse paste that you bought at Rural King to eat. thanks for your attention to this matter.

lmao… I do like your interpretation of his request as “make sure there isn’t any lying around”

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

fosborb posted:

welp, 5 days after the funeral both kids spike a 100+ fever within an hour of each other. first antigen tests are negative. 3 days until school starts lmao

rip, sorry friend

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

my stepdads beer posted:

thought you guys "knew how to lock down properly"

Victoria's doing the best they can but the NSW and commonwealth governments have already signaled their intent to surrender.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

apatheticman posted:

Horses are the same as people per lb.

No difference in livers or anything else.

I'll put my liver strength up against a horse any day.

Those pansies have spent their lives eating grass and not drowning in alcohol for 20+ years.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DickParasite posted:

Victoria's doing the best they can but the NSW and commonwealth governments have already signaled their intent to surrender.

We want to be just like Florida!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lmao Texas cases yesterday are up 150% over last Saturday, seems not ideal

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
I found a good art

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Emily Oster should be in jail. The ivermectin people too.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

college kids here are partying just like it was 2019 lol

Lol yeah, drove by a house with a bunch of dudes in the front yard with a giant honk if you want us to drink sign. Good poo poo.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Zeroisanumber posted:

My cat caught covid when I did. It just seemed to make him sneezy and more sleepy than usual but he recovered quicker than I did.

im imaging trying to stick a q-tip in a cats nose to get a sample for a test

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

enough talk about humans taking horse drugs.

I want to know if I can give my horse the COVID vaccine?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

fosborb posted:

welp, 5 days after the funeral both kids spike a 100+ fever within an hour of each other. first antigen tests are negative. 3 days until school starts lmao

IOWA HAS FALLEN

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

DickParasite posted:

Australia’s Maginot Line

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Substandard posted:

I mean ivermectin horse paste also tells you the dose per hundred pounds on the tube. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out how much to take to not die, but I'm not going to test that theory

Horse paste dosing is too hard, I'm switching to econ

Dreadite
Dec 31, 2004

College Slice
have any of you broke brains considered that covid is over

over until the ADE for us kicks in

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34384810/

lmao

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Atrocious Joe posted:

enough talk about humans taking horse drugs.

I want to know if I can give my horse the COVID vaccine?

They should make "special" COVID vaccines "for livestock", stock them at tractor supply, and then strongly warn people against taking them.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Substandard posted:

They should make "special" COVID vaccines "for livestock", stock then at tractor supply, and then strongly warn people against taking them.

My god... this is as brilliant an idea as the Ohio vax lotto

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

PostNouveau posted:

Emily Oster should be in jail. The ivermectin people too.

It's funny how you can make a list of probably a few hundred people and straight-up pin the vast majority of US COVID outbreaks on them.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1429609544783597571?s=19

I feel like these numbers aren't going to drop until the general attitude changes. The way that health communication has gone I think that's still a fair way off.

NSW really screwed the rest of the country imo.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

new zealand is lousy with the dang coronavirus!!!!!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Sphyre posted:

new zealand is lousy with the dang coronavirus!!!!!

The what?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

you can also trace the majority of covid misinformation back to 12 people

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/17/covid-misinformation-conspiracy-theories-ccdh-report

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Try Fauci, DeSantis, Cuomo, and Newsom for crimes against humanity

a bunch more too, but we need to start somewhere

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Helith posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/17/covid-misinformation-conspiracy-theories-ccdh-report

List doesn't include Fauci or the CDC director, must not be a good list.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Helith posted:

there's way more than 12 people in the DND thread :confused:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1429611346346250242?s=20

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

crepeface posted:

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1429609544783597571?s=19

I feel like these numbers aren't going to drop until the general attitude changes. The way that health communication has gone I think that's still a fair way off.

NSW really screwed the rest of the country imo.

Liberals decided we need to learn to live with the virus so don't expect the numbers to drop any time soon.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
January 2020 covid deaths added from Wisconsin and Kansas

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/08/22/exclusive-first-u-s-covid-deaths-came-earlier-and-in-different-places-than-previously-thought/amp/

closing in on Ames lab leak theory lol

quote:

In a significant twist that could reshape our understanding of the early days of the coronavirus pandemic, death records now indicate the first COVID-related deaths in California and across the country occurred in January 2020, weeks earlier than originally thought and before officials knew the virus was circulating here.

A half dozen death certificates from that month in six different states — California, Alabama, Georgia, Kansas, Oklahoma and Wisconsin — have been quietly amended to list COVID-19 as a contributing factor, suggesting the virus’s deadly path quickly reached far beyond coastal regions that were the country’s early known hotspots.

Up until now, the Feb. 6, 2020, death of San Jose’s Patricia Dowd had been considered the country’s first coronavirus fatality, although where and how she was infected remains unknown.

fosborb fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Substandard posted:

They should make "special" COVID vaccines "for livestock", stock them at tractor supply, and then strongly warn people against taking them.

wait. let's workshop this a little. I think it would work.