Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
please don't watch the nebraska game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

:bisonyes:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Seaniqua posted:

please don't watch the nebraska game

I'm gonna do it

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Feel free to watch UT get beat by Bowling Green as I finally give up and never watch football again

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Feel free to watch UT get beat by Bowling Green as I finally give up and never watch football again

The chances are really good despite the goon in the prediction thread thinking BG has no chance. The floor I thought we couldn't fall through we;ve crashed through a few times. Good Ole Rocky Top...

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Bowling Green is terrible, they're one of the like five worst programs in the sport now. I feel like people do not fully appreciate just how bad the bottom of the MAC is. Akron got destroyed by everyone last year and they SMOKED Bowling Green.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 23, 2021

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

MourningView posted:

Bowling Green is terrible, they're one of the like five worst programs in the sport now. I feel like people do not fully appreciate just how bad the bottom of the MAC is. Akron got destroyed by everyone last year and they SMOKED Bowling Green.

Oh man a not embarrassing start to the season in game one!? Unheard of the last decade

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Oh man a not embarrassing start to the season in game one!? Unheard of the last decade

Bowling Green is a second FCS game, and not like North Dakota State or Sam Houston...more like Austin Peay. Like MourningView said BG lost 31-3 to a team that had not won a game in two years. They're the worst entity to have BG for initials; at least the other one might clean your car's injectors a little.

Those first three weeks is Josh Heupel's honeymoon.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 23, 2021

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I bet we get beat by Pitt. They match up so close with us on FPI. Also we can’t have anything nice

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Like how is it that you come up with the idea for this shirt and don't go with Illibraska but just plow ahead with something unpronounceable

Is it just because that's how it cuts in half because Illiaska would still be better

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fast cars loose anus posted:

Like how is it that you come up with the idea for this shirt and don't go with Illibraska but just plow ahead with something unpronounceable

Is it just because that's how it cuts in half because Illiaska would still be better

They could have kept the second I on Illinois and it been Nebrinois but alas

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I bet we get beat by Pitt. They match up so close with us on FPI. Also we can’t have anything nice

Yeah this is definitely possible but you could roll out like the third string and beat Bowling Green by 30 they've been an absolute disaster since Babers left. They hired Texas Tech's RB coach, who hadn't even considered being a head coach and didn't even have a list of possible assistants worked up yet like guys who are actively trying to move up usually do, because the AD basically googled "best offense" and starting calling people on staff for the team with the most total yards until he found someone who would say yes. Then when that was predictably a disaster they hired loving Scott Loeffler

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 23, 2021

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean I hope you’re right but we also lost to Georgia State a couple years ago so we can’t be faulted for being reserved.

Although I do believe Heupel is a better coach than Pruitt and will actually have them ready for the game instead of doing…whatever the gently caress Pruitt did before that game

e: Any claims made here and null and void if we manage to hang half a hundred on them because I knew we would the whole time

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That Georgia State team wasn't very good but they at least made a bowl and had been recruiting reasonably well by Sun Belt standards, the current version of BGSU is a different universe of bad.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
The only team worse than Bowling Green right now is one that should not have a D1 football program (UMass).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

e: Any claims made here and null and void if we manage to hang half a hundred on them because I knew we would the whole time

I don't know anything about your roster or QB but this is exactly the type of game for Heupel to run the score up over 70.

Don't...look ahead to, like, Kentucky because that's gonna be painful in all likelihood.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I hate the fact that Penn State has to play in Wisconsin week 1. Having a new OC is a saving grace, because at least it's harder to prepare for the offense.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know anything about your roster or QB but this is exactly the type of game for Heupel to run the score up over 70.

Don't...look ahead to, like, Kentucky because that's gonna be painful in all likelihood.

Roster isn't as bad as the transfers make it look. We lost a couple big names but the majority of the transfers are depth guys, which does hurt. We did get a lot of transfers in, though, so that should help. Our OL is still pretty strong.

QB is a mystery at this point but it sounds like it'll be Joe Milton, Michigan transfer. If it's not him it'll be Harrison Bailey, who looked pretty good filling in for Guarantano last year. Honestly he probably should have been starting last year anyway. The third option would be Hendon Hooker, transfer from VT

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Penisaurus Sex posted:

The only team worse than Bowling Green right now is one that should not have a D1 football program (UMass).

This is giving me flashbacks to the dire 2013-2015 Miami University Redhawks who won five games total, two of which were against UMass. They managed to lose to UMass (and everyone else on their schedule) in 2013.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Komet posted:

I hate the fact that Penn State has to play in Wisconsin week 1. Having a new OC is a saving grace, because at least it's harder to prepare for the offense.

I'd probably feel the same way if it was at Happy Valley, tbqh. Nothing says "trouble friend" like being the visitors for a difficult place to play's first home game in 19 months.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah, the main thing with a Heupel offense is you need a defense that is 1) Very good and 2) Very well conditioned because there's going to be a lot of scoring drives that last 1 minute and also a lot of 3 and outs that last one minute.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mike_V posted:

Yeah, the main thing with a Heupel offense is you need a defense that is 1) Very good and 2) Very well conditioned because there's going to be a lot of scoring drives that last 1 minute and also a lot of 3 and outs that last one minute.

Ah...yeah about that.

I don't think our defense will be bad necessarily. We have some good coaches and some talent (minus two of the better players on the defense that left) but I would be extremely surprised if the defense is "very good". Depth is going to be the biggest issue, which sounds like isn't great if everyone is gonna be gassed.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/Andy_Staples/status/1429861696475209729

Bryan Harsin's not making it to the end of the season, is he

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Can't wait for the Woke SEC takes on Twitter

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pakled posted:

Aww, the article clarified it was due to Covid so hurricanes couldn't cause some letter of the rule versus intent of the rule stuff to hurt Florida.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MourningView posted:

That Georgia State team wasn't very good but they at least made a bowl and had been recruiting reasonably well by Sun Belt standards, the current version of BGSU is a different universe of bad.

Up until he mercifully retired this year*, BGSU's defensive coordinator was Brian VanGorder. In the year 2020! How is that even possible.

* Retired from college ball. He's now coaching at a high school in Gulf Shores, AL, most certainly for its proximity to Flora-Bama.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

D.N. Nation posted:

* Retired from college ball. He's now coaching at a high school in Gulf Shores, AL, most certainly for its proximity to Flora-Bama.

The poor dude has been bouncing from town to town for his entire adult life. I can think of far worse places to retire to than the Gulf Shores area.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

don't get me wrong, I love Gulf Shores. If global warming wasn't going to swallow it whole I'd probably think about retiring there in a couple decades

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Yeah it's a pretty good stretch of beach along there.

That SEC TV money rule sounds thorny. If Lane Kiffin and his 100% vaccinated team miss any games there's going to be a kerfuffle.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Pakled posted:

Hell, he could be dead from COVID in two weeks for all we know

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

Yeah it's a pretty good stretch of beach along there.

That SEC TV money rule sounds thorny. If Lane Kiffin and his 100% vaccinated team miss any games there's going to be a kerfuffle.

You'd have to think they would position this as penalizing the team causing the cancellation not the victim of it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am glad Brett has joined 2015

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1429825320274759680?s=19

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

In fairness to him, those helmets are amazing.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Sun stone helmet, dang :eyepop:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

LLCoolJD posted:

The poor dude has been bouncing from town to town for his entire adult life. I can think of far worse places to retire to than the Gulf Shores area.

He's not retired. He's advance scouting for the Cubans.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Those are sick

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Bring these names back.

https://twitter.com/redditcfb/status/1429957016575905794?s=21

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Komet posted:

That's a really tough matchup to start the year. I honestly think Penn State will be pretty good, but Wisconsin has more stability and more of an established identity and Penn State will have an entirely new offense so Wisky would be my pick.

fake edit: I just looked and Vegas agrees with me as Wisconsin is a 4.5 point favorite.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I'm all for the Tennessee Whelps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Joey Freshwater posted:

I mean I hope you’re right but we also lost to Georgia State a couple years ago so we can’t be faulted for being reserved.

I don't bear any ill will to Tennessee or any Tennessee fans, but having the aftermath thread be named some kind of laughing at Tennessee for solidly 2/3rds of the OOC schedule that year was objectively hilarious.