Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Remember when Carson Wentz signed a big contract?

loving same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I find it difficult to care about the Eagles imploding. I got to see us win a Superbowl when we had our chance which if you look at the teams that failed just getting to see that happen takes the sting off a lot.

I'd rather win a SB then crash horribly than be perennial "almost there but fail at the last hurdle" team.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Same. Obviously I'd much rather they be a good team, but it's never going to be the same drag it was before 2017.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Daltos how many wins do you give the giants this year? I'm rolling with 7 cuz of your D

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Daltos how many wins do you give the giants this year? I'm rolling with 7 cuz of your D

Daltos' D can't be THAT good.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

3.5" of hard blue steel

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/USAFootball/status/1429138760973889540?s=19

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

He had the heart....just not the execution

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Giants are going to go 14-3 and win the Superbowl.

Joe Judge will win Coach of the Year.

Daniel Jones will be both Regular Season and Superbowl MVP.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

davecrazy posted:

:hmmyes: This is an acceptable outcome to the season.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

People are talking about their Madden teams in the other thread

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Remember when Carson Wentz signed a big contract?

loving same.

That extension was such an awful idea even at the time they loving did it. Trying to cheer up the poor little crybaby redhat who was playing like absolute poo poo. gently caress wentz I'm glad he died and went to colt.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

davecrazy posted:

This cannot happen until Jason Garrett is purged

Sorry, thems the rules

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

People are talking about their Madden teams in the other thread

Who the gently caress still plays Madden? That game is trash and has been for years.

All Pro Football 2k8 was the last football video game worth a poo poo.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Who the gently caress still plays Madden? That game is trash and has been for years.

Idk it was for the joke man

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

BiggerBoat posted:

Millions of people, apparently.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It’s so blatantly last years game with a makeover. I’m glad I got the EA play trial so I am at peace with not buying it for the first time since maybe 1999.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

BiggerBoat posted:

The goon league almost has all 32 teams filled

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ZBerm/status/1429565570605883393?s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cursed city

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I hope he proves me wrong, but that's not a good start

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

quote:

There was a brief scare when first-round pick DeVonta Smith limped off the field after injuring his right foot while running a route in seven-on-sevens. Smith was evaluated by the medical staff then proceeded to jog on the sideline. He eventually returned by the end of practice.

It’s notable that Smith’s ankle/foot was being evaluated and not his knee. He missed more than two weeks this summer with a knee sprain before playing in the second preseason game. Smith’s durability was a source of speculation during the draft because of his frail frame, but he avoided major injuries in college and played 54 games in four years.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
"Frail frame"

This is giving me vibes of that old school scout bullshit that never means anything.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Through preseason week 2, the WFT is the only team to have won a game. I know it’s preseason, but I feel the NFC East is picking up right where it left off last season.

:toot:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Through preseason week 2, the WFT is the only team to have won a game. I know it’s preseason, but I feel the NFC East is picking up right where it left off last season.

:toot:
HAHA CLOWNBALL! ;)

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 23, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I know that but let me have my fun with how awful the NFC East is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It is funny that old people are losing their minds over the Cowboys being unable to win a preseason game.

This isn't a "the cowboys are actually good" post, this is a "old people are only getting crazier" post.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Sickening posted:

"Frail frame"

This is giving me vibes of that old school scout bullshit that never means anything.

I don’t think such an evaluation translates to anything statistically meaningful but dude does have a frail rear end looking frame

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Shinjobi posted:

It is funny that old people are losing their minds over the Cowboys being unable to win a preseason game.

This isn't a "the cowboys are actually good" post, this is a "old people are only getting crazier" post.

Slice of life for cowboys fans:

I was at the gas station yesterday, and had my cowboys mask on.
And another dude with a cowboys jersey said, "I like your mask"
And I said thanks
And then he said,
"I hear those cowboys mask are the safest around; they guarantee you can't catch anything"

:hai:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Bananana posted:

And I said thanks
And then he said,
"I hear those cowboys mask are the safest around; they guarantee you can't catch anything"

That man is now your dad.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Cowboys mask or Eagles mask? Was that a typo?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BiggerBoat posted:

Cowboys mask or Eagles mask? Was that a typo?

Ladies and gentlemen, the NFC East!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

The Bananana posted:

And I said thanks
And then he said,

He's been waiting for 6 months to tell that joke to someone

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

I knew after that first game that the cowboys wouldn’t win a preseason game or a regular season game against anyone outside of the NFCE for that matter

If we’re lucky Dak will get a cool comeback or two before he gets horrifically injured again

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My predictions
1. Eagles 0-11
t2. Cowboys (moved to Chinese football league)
t2. WFT (liquidated and assets used to compensate plaintiffs)
t2. Giants (folded due to lack of interest. Reformed as a lifestyle OnlyFans segment producer)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

euphronius posted:

My predictions
1. Eagles 0-11
t2. Cowboys (moved to Chinese football league)
t2. WFT (liquidated and assets used to compensate plaintiffs)
t2. Giants (folded due to lack of interest. Reformed as a lifestyle OnlyFans segment producer)

Nostradamus post

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I hope and pray that one day we can see a division that wins exactly 0 games against any team outside of itself. I think we have the stuff!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ReidDHanson/status/1429882769480507397?s=19

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Which is weird because Andy Dalton and Ben Dinucci were throwing to CeeDee last season, who had a better catch percentage than Davante Adams who's QB was (lemme check my notes but he obviously would have been worse than Andy Dalton and Ben Dinucci, according to Euphronius, ok, hmm here on page 5, hmm) Aaron Rodgers??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Look at this scrub badmouthing Andy “Andy” Dalton and Ben “Mama Mia!” DiNucci. Next you’ll tell me he doubts AAF GOAT Garrett Gilbert? Pfft.