Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/PA/status/1429851371793178626

I thought concerts don't spread COVID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
and CDC is off in the background setting themselves on fire and making GBS threads their pants at the same time

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I never saw Advent Children

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

if someone does find a tele-doc that is down, lemme know.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vishass posted:

You're complaining the trend line titled "universal masking" shows universal masking?

It is odd they bother showing that, but it's coming from the same data of "how less awful would all this be if you cretins all just wore masks after today" for cases, deaths, etc.

No, I'm saying it's incredibly lovely that they always perpetually updating that model to show masking zooming up to 95% tomorrow so they can continually apply that to their other terrible models that perpetually show cases & deaths potentially starting to drop away to negligible numbers starting tomorrow.

They've been pulling that lovely trick for nearly 18 months now

Otter_Sauce
Mar 2, 2019

~Yikes~

tenderjerk posted:

Colleges are just sticking it out until the non-refundable tuition date

Omg I havent even thought about that. That might actually be really loving true. I'm glad all my classes are online anyway so it doesn't even matter.:classiclol:

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I'm overwhelmed with sadness and despair more than anger and frustration lately.

i've found myself drifting away from the new and interesting activities i used to ground myself throughout this insanity

also emotionally paralyzed finding all i can do at times is doomscroll this thread

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
well, looks like the pandemic of the unvaccinated is coming to an end. wrap it up antivaxailures

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Iron Crowned posted:

I never saw Advent Children

Now we just have vented children lol

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

just got my pfizer #3 all legit, appt for my wife on Sat. Waiting to see how it's gunna hit me

Serf
May 5, 2011

Otter_Sauce posted:

Omg I havent even thought about that. That might actually be really loving true. I'm glad all my classes are online anyway so it doesn't even matter.:classiclol:

it's what we're doing, but the suicidal freaks in charge are just gonna keep going

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

ram dass in hell posted:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

ram dass in hell posted:

:holymoley:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/chachina/status/1429803355258376197

She's in North Carolina

guessing doctors in chud states are less likely to give a poo poo

EDIT: She hosed herself

https://twitter.com/chachina/status/1429832716896411650

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Thoguh posted:

The off label vaccine question would be a lot simpler to answer if we weren't sending every kid to the plague puts where they are almost sure to be exposed to COVID before the kids vaccine is approved.

The option to just not shovel children into the molochian virus furnace simply does not occur to these people

there is a way to prevent catastrophe and we simply refuse to do it because orange man gone, time to go back to normal and brunch

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Stevie Lee posted:

well, looks like the pandemic of the unvaccinated is coming to an end. wrap it up antivaxailures

I mean it is still mostly a pandemic of the unvaccinated but a bunch of those unvaccinated are kids who don't have a choice

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1429826709793161220

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Schnorkles posted:

i tend to agree with the 'don't give vaccinations with serious immune response to young kids without really good data', but the solution where society can stomach that and just keep those kids as much out of harms way as possible isn't being allowed. if you're going to prevent young kids from being vaccinated for health reasons, you can't turn around and take a series of actions that puts them at potentially even greater risk.

not sure we're balancing the risk factors correctly here.

I wonder if something along the lines of the old "I need you to document specifically that you refused"* trick might be helpful here, so if your kid gets hosed up from covid there's a paper trail pointing to the doctor refusing to take preventative action

* the "please write this down in your notes, which I have no way of verifying" phrasing of this never made sense to me, but it's a common enough claim in disabled communities that this actually works to get docs to run tests

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That dumb ER doctor who was quoted in an article yesterday that we confused with Fauci chimes in:

https://twitter.com/jeremyfaust/status/1429816031976083468

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

that is a pretty cool shirt

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Sad Billionaire posted:

I made this as a joke and then right as I finished I realized the only difference between this and an actual anti-vaxx meme is that it hasn't been artifacted to poo poo by facebook

Lol

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

cr0y posted:

If I had kids Id keep em home for a couple weeks because that's all the longer the schools are going to remain standing. They will collapse pretty drat quick.

I'm pulling my kid out for lunch and she's deferring snack time until pick-up. Wearing POSH KF94 mask all day including recess. The school also has a mask mandate and fancy post-COVID HVAC setup, which I appreciate.

If she weren't so starved for socialization after 18 months of isolation I might still keep her home, but as it is I think she'll be one of the last people to get COVID outside this thread.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ram dass in hell posted:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Sunny Side Up posted:

the only good thing about those shows ever has been krystal ball because she can convey authenticity and even she rides this weird line sometimes like a glenn greenwald or jimmy dore like almost libertarian except on the left, a tainted socdem, idk. deliberate branding ofc in order to maximize viewership

haven't watched almost since the dem primary, just remember episodes without Krystal were total trash. tried Breaking Points a few times but the covid poo poo just completely pissed me off.

yeah their covid swerve post-vaccine availability for adults has been bullshit, it's turned me into just cherry picking their video clips and definitely not subscribing. I clicked today because the title was Saagar has COVID and I was down for hearing about that lol

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Otter_Sauce posted:

Yeah, my aunt teaches and she was pretty openly told this during a meeting.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

tenderjerk posted:

Colleges are just sticking it out until the non-refundable tuition date

Maybe, but it's hard to find anyone more lib-brained than university administrators. I think they are partially just believing science and trusting in brunch all the way to doom. I'd not be shocked to see them ease the restrictions on instructors going virtual after the non-refundable tuition date though.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

tangy yet delightful posted:

yeah their covid swerve post-vaccine availability for adults has been bullshit, it's turned me into just cherry picking their video clips and definitely not subscribing. I clicked today because the title was Saagar has COVID and I was down for hearing about that lol

it feels like everyone's covid coverage has been dogshit, but I have been very disappointed in their libbrained takes in particular.

its good saagar got covid, its too bad that he will learn nothing from the experience

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Sad Billionaire posted:

I made this as a joke and then right as I finished I realized the only difference between this and an actual anti-vaxx meme is that it hasn't been artifacted to poo poo by facebook

I only just now noticed the nunchucks on the doorknob.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Delta-Wye posted:

no one cares how old your crotch spawn is at the feed store. won't even blink when you're tell em your horse is 2 years old and you need that apple paste asap

since kids are smaller, go for the pony dose

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

if saagar had brain fog would anyone notice

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
At my youngest’s school their 4-7 grade was put on quarantine with little to no notice last night. Apparently my child’s case wasn’t the only one.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I've been crossing my fingers that the in-person classes my partner TA's will be canceled sometime within the next month. We both got boosters last week but as a former dumbass undergrad I'm betting some sizable portion of Clemson's dumbass undergrads aren't even vaccinated

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nodelphi posted:

It gives me pause because there’s always a chance something that works fine in older children/adults will not interact well in young ones but I have been looking at the data and I think I would write an off label prescription for at least down to age 7.

I’m not personally involved with a pediatric trial but one of my good friends is and she is seeing good results. (Pfizer)

thanks for the reply, with my son being ICU’d twice in his life I feel like I got to jump the line so to speak if I can, they come back and say young kids can’t get the mrna for some reason then we’re hosed anyways.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

"rely on literal children to keep us all safe because we are literally going to do nothing at all under any circumstances"

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Substandard posted:

Maybe, but it's hard to find anyone more lib-brained than university administrators. I think they are partially just believing science and trusting in brunch all the way to doom. I'd not be shocked to see them ease the restrictions on instructors going virtual after the non-refundable tuition date though.

Or more particular the companies that own university dorms

The UK insisted on in person learning and a whole lot of people ended up paying full price to do classes from their dorms for a year

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

cr0y posted:

I mean it is still mostly a pandemic of the unvaccinated

nah we're all in this poo poo and vaccinated people thinking otherwise is only making it worse

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

it feels like everyone's covid coverage has been dogshit, but I have been very disappointed in their libbrained takes in particular.

its good saagar got covid, its too bad that he will learn nothing from the experience

Yeah I don't think anything/one mainstream has had good covid takes but I had hoped for better (that's what I get for hoping).

Yup I was listening along nodding like yep that's correct, yep you're right, and ok now you should reach the logical conclusion that we need to keep kids safe at least until vaccination + healthcare worker burden decreases...oh gently caress yep there you are saying your position hasn't changed :thunkgun:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Stevie Lee posted:

nah we're all in this poo poo and vaccinated people thinking otherwise is only making it worse

:yeah:

tangy yet delightful posted:

Yeah I don't think anything/one mainstream has had good covid takes but I had hoped for better (that's what I get for hoping).

Yup I was listening along nodding like yep that's correct, yep you're right, and ok now you should reach the logical conclusion that we need to keep kids safe at least until vaccination + healthcare worker burden decreases...oh gently caress yep there you are saying your position hasn't changed :thunkgun:

idk buddy i don't think you're using that gun right

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

The problem with "lets wait for the science!" is:

Nodelphi posted:

At my youngest’s school their 4-7 grade was put on quarantine with little to no notice last night. Apparently my child’s case wasn’t the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

the real answer if there's something in the vaccination clincial data that suggests that this needs more time and evaluation is that kids should 100% not be in schools.

you can't have both outcomes.