Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
no, it never gets beyond pg-13 skimpy outfits. the only thing that was cut from its original run on US basic cable was the episode about a terrorist blowing up skyscrapers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

infernal machines posted:

no. put your dick away

my dick is too big to conceal with clothing. this is ableism and I’m telling the woke police

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
where's ed

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

i believe she got cut from this version

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
probably for the best

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
that means no mushroom episode so gently caress that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i hope they're just planning on making new episodes and not trying to remake the cartoon. at least if it's new content it will be harder to compare it to the cartoon and see how much worse it is.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's hosed they have ein but no ed

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i really didnt like ed when i watched cowboy bebop in college. i guess she wasnt Cool and Mature enough or some poo poo and make me feel like i was watching childrens cartoons (i was)

then i watched it again as an actual adult and lol wtf past me, ed fuckin rules

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wait I thought cowboy bebob was a movie. it’s a series? I’m less interested

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it was a series, there was also a movie later.

this is a series

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
ed is one of the best hacker characters

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the dog is a better hacker than ed, lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they better put that loving dog in a vr helmet

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they better put that loving dog in a vr helmet

aww this will be so cute

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev3Noeh4kpg

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Kernel Sanders posted:

he rage quit twin peaks as well

iirc the story was that he made twin peaks for a single season assuming it wouldn't be picked up again but it was such a huge hit the network showered him with enough money to make a second and then third but he'd packaged things up so well that the followup story was ... contrived.

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020

rotor posted:

iirc the story was that he made twin peaks for a single season assuming it wouldn't be picked up again but it was such a huge hit the network showered him with enough money to make a second and then third but he'd packaged things up so well that the followup story was ... contrived.

yeah, that’s my understanding as well but then they went and forced them to out Laura’s killer one third through season 2 and that pissed him off to no end. he wanted the killer to _never_ be revealed.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
After watching s3 there's a big "maybe the real killer BOB was the friends we made along the way" energy to all of that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ed doesn't appear until like episode 9 of the anime, and this is only 10 episodes, so they might be holding off on her for a second season

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
ed is non binary lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/GaoRush/status/1429334868094226441

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/molotovdrunk/status/1429832087759114245?s=19

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Endless Mike posted:

ed doesn't appear until like episode 9 of the anime, and this is only 10 episodes, so they might be holding off on her for a second season
this is almost certainly it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

its a legit sign of terrible corporate meddling

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

nah, it’s a show about the future and nobody smokes anymore. they’d be vaping

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

indigi posted:

they’d be vaping

you shut your mouth. as soon as we can take a single cheap pill to cure both nicotine addiction and the health ailments related to smoking im starting back up. the future is gonna be bright but smoky

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i sure do miss smoking

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'm so mad that Cowboy Bebop looks bad and I'm still definitely going to watch it.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
The real question is what the music in the show is going to be like. The visuals are honestly secondary.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

you shut your mouth. as soon as we can take a single cheap pill to cure both nicotine addiction and the health ailments related to smoking im starting back up. the future is gonna be bright but smoky

fortunately, transmetropolitan will forever be safe from this sort of exploitation

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

I'm a heavy cigarette smoker and I'm okay with this

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

tbh i'm expecting transmet to get done dirty at some point

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

everyone who read transmetropolitan is a cryptocurrency dude that still calls people retards

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

Warren Ellis already did that

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

SmokaDustbowl posted:

everyone who read transmetropolitan is a cryptocurrency dude that still calls people retards

:( dang smoka that hurts!

indigi posted:

Warren Ellis already did that

howsat?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

not to their face though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

:( dang smoka that hurts!

this is payback for all the jokes about fans of japanese animation

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

this is payback for all the jokes about fans of japanese animation

nooooooo how could my own petard do this to me???

wait a minute i like a lot of anime who are you trying to fool?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Does anyone know where I can see the leaked Spidering Man trailer