Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Tzen posted:

lol local Costco sold out of toilet paper. it's happening again

I went to Safeway this afternoon and they were completely out of bottled water. Another shopper asked the clerk saying she'd been to 3 stores and no one had bottled water in stock. I didn't see anything else out of stock, just the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Stereotype posted:

i spent a day ignoring everything, is it all better now?

Covid remains over.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 24, 2021

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

:cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes: :cripes:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

yeah, i got turned away when trying to go in for my 5th pfzier shot.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It's not. It's because there is a delay in reporting of the most recent days. For the past three weeks it's appeared every single day that the past 2-3 days are showing a decrease in cases.

usually that disappears on Monday by end of day, it has not today.

let’s look again on Friday.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

embrace death and face the bloodshed.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thoguh posted:

Welp, COVID has hit the chud branch of my extended family, have a 70 year old aunt that probably wasn't vaxxed in the ICU.

And a day later she's passed. We weren't close or anything and I haven't seen her more than maybe twice in the last 25 years so it doesn't hit super hard but this is definitely as close as death from COVID has gotten to me. My wife's grandparents have been on a steady decline since they got COVID last fall but when they pass COVID won't be on the death certificate, even though it did take years off of thier lives.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

I went to Safeway for my booster shot explicitly because their website said walk-ins welcome. I went to the pharmacy expecting to be turned away but they were true to their word. They had one side of the pharmacy counter set up with clipboards of forms. It was about a 10 minute wait and there were like 2 people ahead of me when I walked up around 1pm on a Wednesday.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lacrosse posted:

I went to Safeway this afternoon and they were completely out of bottled water. Another shopper asked the clerk saying she'd been to 3 stores and no one had bottled water in stock. I didn't see anything else out of stock, just the water.
Haha all the bottles water here is fully stocked. Real glad I got a full bundle last week, but wanted an extra.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I find it interesting that people are surprised when they have a reaction to taking an antiparasitic..

If you've had a pet, kissed a puppy, changed a litter box or a bird cage you have parasites. Lots of 'em.

The reason you take an antiparasitic more than one day and more than one round is because of die off. Those little boogers sensitive to your antiparasitic agent (in this case HCQ or ivermectin) are killed so their dead bodies and all the parasites inside of them are spilling out wherever they were targeted by the medicine. That's a BIG deal for the body to handle! Throw in some extra flu pathogens on top of the parasites and it's a wonder everybody doesn't feel at least icky if not like they have the flu--a normal herx/die-off reaction.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

https://twitter.com/robwhisman/status/735281634656669696

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Aw gently caress I just realized I got a coupon with my Covid shot I could've used on these groceries I got argh drat it :argh:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I find it interesting that people are surprised when they have a reaction to taking an antiparasitic..

If you've had a pet, kissed a puppy, changed a litter box or a bird cage you have parasites. Lots of 'em.

The reason you take an antiparasitic more than one day and more than one round is because of die off. Those little boogers sensitive to your antiparasitic agent (in this case HCQ or ivermectin) are killed so their dead bodies and all the parasites inside of them are spilling out wherever they were targeted by the medicine. That's a BIG deal for the body to handle! Throw in some extra flu pathogens on top of the parasites and it's a wonder everybody doesn't feel at least icky if not like they have the flu--a normal herx/die-off reaction.

I smooch my pooch and I am not sorry

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Casey Finnigan posted:

the endemic covid thing is great and all but guys... rich guys... when all the hospitals are filled up and many more people die than is necessary, that is actually bad for the economy in the long run. Maybe I could hold classes for rich guys who run things, and teach them basic cause and effect.

Interestingly we found out we do not have the large pool of surplus labor that was assumed to exist in America.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Buck Wildman posted:

nasty

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Joementum posted:

Note that access concerns (cost, hard to get) are two of the least likely reasons for vaccine refusal.

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1429923481957945349

loving lol at all the morons hand wringing about being a "class traitor" the other day

"Wow guess you don't know any poor people"

Kiss my loving rear end and never post again

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

tenderjerk posted:

Society is going to collapse because not enough people filled out the form

lol

I have never seen such a succinct description of liberalism. The most important thing is decorum. Everything must be done in the proper way. Whether it's effective is secondary.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

:same:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tzen posted:

there are rules actually it's more of a ~*forum etiquette*~ thing

It's not, not in any way. Morons began apologizing unnecessarily for "sniping" and it caught on with other morons. It's never been an actual thing in the 21 years on this forum, especially not since the advent of threads tracking what post you last read

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Something I've noticed in recent years is conservative pundits co-opting leftist phrases

Example!

https://twitter.com/karol/status/1429956802972725254

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's not, not in any way. Morons began apologizing unnecessarily for "sniping" and it caught on with other morons. It's never been an actual thing in the 21 years on this forum, especially not since the advent of threads tracking what post you last read
yeah someone quotes me saying culture, more that I suppose

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

HiHo ChiRho posted:

which parasites come from kissing dogs

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

McNugget Buddy posted:

Something I've noticed in recent years is conservative pundits co-opting leftist phrases

Example!

https://twitter.com/karol/status/1429956802972725254
They want you to know that they value your beliefs the same amout as their troll beliefs which they just made up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Jist post and get coughimg

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

The Oldest Man posted:

Yeah maybe but I think if we were turning a corner the test positivity graph wouldn't look like this

yeah but they aren’t adding negatives right now I think. when they get behind they count positives only and then add trees negatives back in later.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

This tracks with my friends group; there's an event next month a bunch of my friends are going to and they're getting increasingly annoyed with me saying that conventions aren't safe right now. Their response is 'people are just going to have to decide on their own risk tolerance' any time I bring it up.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

SKULL.GIF posted:

loving lol at all the morons hand wringing about being a "class traitor" the other day

from the same survey:

its definitely more complex than lol chuds

though to be fair, Wyoming is the most "hesitant" state, and these are the top 3 reasons people give there for not getting a vaccine lol

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I am kind of weird but I take dewormers on a quasi regular basis because I have a lot of dirt and some animal exposure, and it strikes me as weird to routinely treat livestock and pets for worms and not also just treat myself

a thing that is lol to me is that the OTC drugs in the us are mostly garbage and Mebendazole from a pharmacy is like $200 a pill or something completely idiotic, but you can get Indian Albenza really easy for like a buck a pill (and someone is making bank because that is a 10x hike over Indian retail)

I have a suspicion that if most people really challenged themselves with antiparasitcs and then looked at their poo poo closely they would see some horrifying things; how bad this is for you in general is debatable and there exists decent evidence that being infested with nematodes to some degree may actually lower your autoimmune odds; the theory being that humans lived with worms for so much of our evolutionary history that some parts of the immune system function better with them. I have some white papers if anyone cares.

I hope not having worms as much doesn’t give me crohns or something but I reliably can relieve a certain set of GI probs with one of the albendazole class drugs, usually taken twice at a 7 day interval.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

Matt omitted 25% of the respondents selecting "other" as their reason for not being vaccinated:

https://www.census.gov/library/visualizations/interactive/household-pulse-survey-covid-19-vaccination-tracker.html

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what's up

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

lol

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

looking at our local stores, the only ones who have bottled water in those plastic-wrapped packs are our commissary. so I'll grab a few since we usually tote them around for chore runs and farm work. sheesh.

Lacrosse posted:

This tracks with my friends group; there's an event next month a bunch of my friends are going to and they're getting increasingly annoyed with me saying that conventions aren't safe right now. Their response is 'people are just going to have to decide on their own risk tolerance' any time I bring it up.

I really wish this was reality but it's just not and people need to understand that they are endangering everybody else by doing this stuff, and themselves.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Thoguh posted:

And a day later she's passed. We weren't close or anything and I haven't seen her more than maybe twice in the last 25 years so it doesn't hit super hard but this is definitely as close as death from COVID has gotten to me. My wife's grandparents have been on a steady decline since they got COVID last fall but when they pass COVID won't be on the death certificate, even though it did take years off of thier lives.

Goddamnit dude I'm sorry :( that's some scary poo poo even if they aren't necessarily "close"

over the past 18 months death has creeped closer and closer. Most deaths I've seen so far was last week, we were finally ordered to mask no matter what today at work. Not everyone did of course but more than usual thankfully. It's still just irreversible at this point and will only get worse here for awhile.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Number of covid cases

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I am kind of weird but I take dewormers on a quasi regular basis because I have a lot of dirt and some animal exposure, and it strikes me as weird to routinely treat livestock and pets for worms and not also just treat myself

a thing that is lol to me is that the OTC drugs in the us are mostly garbage and Mebendazole from a pharmacy is like $200 a pill or something completely idiotic, but you can get Indian Albenza really easy for like a buck a pill (and someone is making bank because that is a 10x hike over Indian retail)

I have a suspicion that if most people really challenged themselves with antiparasitcs and then looked at their poo poo closely they would see some horrifying things; how bad this is for you in general is debatable and there exists decent evidence that being infested with nematodes to some degree may actually lower your autoimmune odds; the theory being that humans lived with worms for so much of our evolutionary history that some parts of the immune system function better with them. I have some white papers if anyone cares.

I hope not having worms as much doesn’t give me crohns or something but I reliably can relieve a certain set of GI probs with one of the albendazole class drugs, usually taken twice at a 7 day interval.

you're weird and you're going to get crohns

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Alright but what if he legally mandates vaccines?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
millennials do not give a gently caress about covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Lovelyn posted:

Got report from night shift about this lovely convo that happened overnight:

Nurse: We need to transfuse blood, do we have your consent?
Wife: ONLY GIVE HIM UNVACCINATED BLOOD

Lacrosse posted:

Aw gently caress I just realized I got a coupon with my Covid shot I could've used on these groceries I got argh drat it :argh:

I have an idea. Pay people double to donate vaccinated blood.