Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So glad that WWE is expanding their booking from "Women booked in a future title match are forced to tag together" to include the fresh new taste of "Women who lost a recent title match are tagging together". It's poo poo like this that keeps things fresh and exciting.

It's even money as to whether they're going to put them together to be an odd-couple tag team or whether Ripley's going to become a Super Hero In Training and completely devolve into a goofball character, but either way it'll stink.

Also watching the streamable clip of the end of thr match is the first time I've heard the announcers say Nikki A.S.H. and gently caress me they're actually pronouncing it Ay Ess Haitch. :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the basham brother

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lid posted:

I like AEW but I swear they're winning by being consistent and WWE just constantly trying to kill itself.

I mean, this is how every wrestling war ever was won.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

as someone who had never seen a Kross match before Sunday, I feel like the best thing he had going was his entrance, and they were never going to keep it on the main roster, not just because the Fed's arenas are so much bigger than the CWC and they lack ring pyro for everyone but Kane, but also because Kevin Dunn is a cockwomble who doesn't give a poo poo about good camera work

it's not even about Scarlett (tho by the looks of things she did help before Sunday), because I was genuinely impressed by how powerful he looked when the feed transitioned to colour, the camera zoomed in on him, and the music dropped, making him look like such a goddamn monster

and my first thought after that was 'how did they ruin this on Raw?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV5Jfe_GHk4

by the looks of things, none of Kross's entrances so far on Raw have been good, but this seems like the least worst, not least because they didn't cut away to an advert or a sponsor before the drop (and also Kross made it into the ring in time lmao)

it still sucks poo poo tho, because Kross just looks like another guy at the end of it all, especially since they cut to a wide shot of the arena instead of just zooming in on his face like in NXT

almost like NXT was never a good way to prepare wrestlers for the main roster

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/wweromanreigns/status/1430173377847771148

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God, it doesn't even fit well

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

https://i.imgur.com/OIr9NYO.mp4

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Is Roman a freaking idiot or somethin?!!!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

this 'moving the needle' poo poo is a Vinceism, isn't it, because I haven't seen anyone in the Fed using it before last week

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm assuming the most viewed ever thing is something to do with Peacock stat juking because no way did it beat previous buyrates otherwise

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Venomous posted:

this 'moving the needle' poo poo is a Vinceism, isn't it, because I haven't seen anyone in the Fed using it before last week

Vince totally isn't shook or worried or viewing AEW as competition, though

https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760?s=20

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[taps index cards on desk] id like to choose now to reopen the roman reigns leukemia angle for litigation

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Between comparisons to the New Generation and the main roster runs of T-Bar/Donovan Dijak, Keith Lee and now Karrion Kross despite the talk being "Vince is a big man guy" and watching them all be actively sabotaged I can't help but compare it to, of all people, Ahmed Johnson.

Unlike Sid and Lex Luger, whose retrospects have been extremely kind and they were underrated if anything during their careers, the retrospective of Ahmed has never been good. His manic promos don't age well like the other mad men of the era and his in ring work was baaaaaaad.

But I've come to the view this wasn't Ahmed Johnson's fault, though his later career boy did he phone it in and deserves all the poo poo he gets, but that Ahmed Johnson was a clear example of how the WWE style kills big men too and its the few that stand tall for intangible reasons.

Look at pre-WWE/Japan/territories era Ahmed Johnson:

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1056199607057825793
https://twitter.com/WrestlingIsKing/status/1018557258387599362
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bp1B4Gg8ZM&t=492s

They don't know how to build people, ever, they accentuate the negatives and hide the positives.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

lol that article Roman posted is basically a list of bullet points aimed at making stock number go up without any critical thought. wow, they made more money on merch from a show with hundred dollar Vince shirts and thousand dollar NFT packages than they did two years ago? oh boy, charging more for tickets because there haven't been live events in a while ended up making nineteen percent more at the gate than a previous Summerslam? being on a service with twenty times as many users as the Network resulted in twice as many viewers, several of whom might actually be paying for a subscription?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Karma Tornado posted:

lol that article Roman posted is basically a list of bullet points aimed at making stock number go up without any critical thought. wow, they made more money on merch from a show with hundred dollar Vince shirts and thousand dollar NFT packages than they did two years ago? oh boy, charging more for tickets because there haven't been live events in a while ended up making nineteen percent more at the gate than a previous Summerslam? being on a service with twenty times as many users as the Network resulted in twice as many viewers, several of whom might actually be paying for a subscription?

also this literally cant be true because their sales system was down

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

maybe merch really sold like poo poo at Summerslam 2019 and moving two Vince shirts during the pre-show put them over the top

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oh but this is just good heel work!

never mind that it's not building to anything and it's just an attempt to bury AEW, but Roman's a heel you guys!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Venomous posted:

oh but this is just good heel work!

never mind that it's not building to anything and it's just an attempt to bury AEW, but Roman's a heel you guys!

it's funny i was about to write "and it means nothing because we know Roman is main eventing Mania against the Rock" but then i realised "... but we also know Kenny Omega isn't losing the title except to Hangman" and I honestly can't work out why I feel different about this. Maybe it's because I know that Hangman is winning and if The Rock wins its terrible and if Roman wins its also terrible.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

stop getting worked by Roman you dumbasses

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the wrestling equivalent of "jokes on them i was only pretending to be stupid"

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Lid posted:

Between comparisons to the New Generation and the main roster runs of T-Bar/Donovan Dijak, Keith Lee and now Karrion Kross despite the talk being "Vince is a big man guy" and watching them all be actively sabotaged I can't help but compare it to, of all people, Ahmed Johnson.

Unlike Sid and Lex Luger, whose retrospects have been extremely kind and they were underrated if anything during their careers, the retrospective of Ahmed has never been good. His manic promos don't age well like the other mad men of the era and his in ring work was baaaaaaad.

But I've come to the view this wasn't Ahmed Johnson's fault, though his later career boy did he phone it in and deserves all the poo poo he gets, but that Ahmed Johnson was a clear example of how the WWE style kills big men too and its the few that stand tall for intangible reasons.

Look at pre-WWE/Japan/territories era Ahmed Johnson:

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1056199607057825793
https://twitter.com/WrestlingIsKing/status/1018557258387599362
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bp1B4Gg8ZM&t=492s

They don't know how to build people, ever, they accentuate the negatives and hide the positives.

TW - there are some racial slurs in that video.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

if this seven figure number was bigger than the one Rampage got the night before they'd definitely be saying an exact figure instead of all these weird "the most watched Summerslam ever was viewed by y = mx+b" sleight of hand tricks

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

also aren't they building to Roman/Brock now lmao

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

roman reminds me a lot of the holy roman emperor frederick II

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

goons love to get baited by the weakest possible trolling

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lid posted:

also this literally cant be true because their sales system was down
They sold so well that the system crashed.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lid posted:

it's funny i was about to write "and it means nothing because we know Roman is main eventing Mania against the Rock" but then i realised "... but we also know Kenny Omega isn't losing the title except to Hangman" and I honestly can't work out why I feel different about this. Maybe it's because I know that Hangman is winning and if The Rock wins its terrible and if Roman wins its also terrible.

It's because Hangman is good and his title win has been built up for over 2 years.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

idk the companies anointed guy of 7 years resorting to cheap heat tweets is still p worthy of derision imo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Venomous posted:

also aren't they building to Roman/Brock now lmao

Which would be funnier, paying Brock to come back just to finally lose to Reigns, or paying him to come back to be champ again because they have nobody else

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

That DICK! posted:

idk the companies anointed guy of 7 years resorting to cheap heat tweets is still p worthy of derision imo

If you want to see high tier trolling I prefer the genius OP of this

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...web2x&context=3

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Chris James 2 posted:

Which would be funnier, paying Brock to come back just to finally lose to Reigns, or paying him to come back to be champ again because they have nobody else

Option C. The main event of Mania is Brock v Rock Once in a Lifetime. No Roman.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
FF to 10:10 for maximum :stonk:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Nick Jr. Face posted:

FF to 10:10 for maximum :stonk:

CopywrightMMXI posted:

TW - there are some racial slurs in that video.

I'll admit I only saw that Ahmed Johnson had a match with Terry Gordy and just went with that. I did not think further to "I wonder what commentary in early 90s Texas would be like." That's on me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy gently caress that is Apollo Crews' current gimmick down to a T :stare:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
SummerSlam was a complete success by all standards (except you know being good) so let Roman flex if he wants to and then when Dynamite starts beating SmackDown regularly, shove it in his stupid face.

Seriously at this point he has months, single digit months, before hes doing worse numbers than AEW on a regular basis, let him enjoy it while he can.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Gonz posted:

“There has been too much violence. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the wastelands. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.”

WHAT'S A THULSA DOOM ACOLYTE DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE???

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I have tears in my eyes laughing at this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Lid posted:

In a lot of ways, Ahmed Johnson was the prototype of the modern big man who can move. (Literally a prototype, his style needed a lot of refinement to not be dangerous for everyone involved.) But injuries are only half of why Ahmed's WWF run ended up feeling so sad. The other half is that WWF kept him locked in mid-card feuds for way too long and refused to acknowledge that he was popular enough to be treated like an upper-card talent.

Now, look at every big man who can move who's debuted in WWE for the past decade. Except for Kevin Owens, they've all spent most of their time stuck in mid-card feuds despite being talented enough and popular enough to have a real presence at the top of the card. WWE just does not care about this archetype of wrestler.